Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,583 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:28 PM

The Alpha Male Vs The Nice Guy – Which Do You Prefer? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Alpha Male Vs The Nice Guy – Which Do You Prefer? (24331 Views)

aa / Do Guys Ever Regret Hurting The nice Girl? / Light Skin Guy Vs Dark Skin Guy, Which Do You Prefer Ladies? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Alpha Male Vs The Nice Guy – Which Do You Prefer? by Sagamite(m): 4:08pm On Dec 10, 2012
lagerwhenindoubt: simples.. alpha male when their market still fresh - nice guys when the product don expire.

lagerwhenindoubt: Nice guy moves are well intended but poorly understood.. be a Badt Guy believe me Women will kill themselves to be with you.. i mean Nice guys Suck and offer no adventure or interests. try to exorcise the Nice Guy in you.. they might complain to nice guyz but when you try to pin the move on them y'll see how react and drop you like smelly socks

Well said.

I have seen it so many times.

When a girl is very fine/hot, if you are too nice, she would dump you straight up.

korres00: Ladies flirt wif d alpha guyz buh wen they marry....they marry d nice one....

After the alpha male has had his fill and the product is expired or almost expired?

baby_123:
Exactly right. It is only a foolish woman that will use boyfriend to do husband. cheesy. Only an immature girl will find Alpha males appealing. The girl is just playing around. When it is time to settle down, a sharp girl will pick the best guy. Don't be deceived.

Well said.

She is being blunt and confirming what I said. grin grin grin

shymexx:

You need to be a little bit of both, however, there's no formula for chics... Just make sure you're in between - being too nice will make you look like a wimp, and being too standoffish will make you look arrogant..

Follow my lead, son... grin

Obviously a little bit of both but if you want good things, bad guy should be your primary one.

Tgirl4real: The lecturer has arrived. grin grin grin

I have to utilise my PhD na. grin
Re: The Alpha Male Vs The Nice Guy – Which Do You Prefer? by Sagamite(m): 4:09pm On Dec 10, 2012
Tgirl4real:

Doesn't it come natural?

It comes naturally to some.

Some others have to let it come out.

Some others have to learn it.
Re: The Alpha Male Vs The Nice Guy – Which Do You Prefer? by Nobody: 4:15pm On Dec 10, 2012
Sagamite:
Obviously a little bit of both but if you want good things, bad guy should be your primary one.

The "bad guy" thing kind of make people look conceited, rigid, and self-centred with time...
Re: The Alpha Male Vs The Nice Guy – Which Do You Prefer? by Sagamite(m): 4:28pm On Dec 10, 2012
shymexx:

The "bad guy" thing kind of make people look conceited, rigid, and self-centred with time...

Yep.

And they luuuuuurve it!

It is an interesting challenge and project they want to manage.

Fine girls like it because it is different and more interesting than guys kissing their feet all day that they are boringly used to.

Average and below girls love it but avoid it because they know they can't win the competition, so they go for the nice guy.

Best strategy:

Be a bad guy and ENJOY your life. Bangg as many girls as you can. Pull a hot girl and then when you are settled and she has produced, then you can change to nice. When they know their value in the market has diminished, it somehow acts like a calming agent and personality enhancer, so she would stay.

A fcking win-win strategy, while still playing to the rules you did not create but that can work against you if you don't follow it.
Re: The Alpha Male Vs The Nice Guy – Which Do You Prefer? by Nobody: 4:31pm On Dec 10, 2012
drnoel: Cut the crap. No matter how much of an alpha male a guy tries to play at. If the girls he likes don't like him, then he is dog shit. He won't even get to first base. Guys should learn to be themselves, and not try to portray the imaginations of one bitter writer that had a bad row with his girlfriend and suddenly saw the light of his ignorances and then became even more myopic that he previously was, looking for alpha males or females in an open book of his mind.
I believe, if someone is a nice guy, pls remain one. Learn the lessons of life that way, if it comes hard, then so be it, if it comes easy, then fine. There is no lesson one can learn, in a write-up or in the pages of a magazine, its all........bullshit. The best teacher, is life experiences and one never forgets such a lesson.
So guys, forget this alpha male bullshit,....I know, I thought I was once one but had change my ideologies after life lessons taught me better.
probably the most insightful response I have read so far.

1 Like

Re: The Alpha Male Vs The Nice Guy – Which Do You Prefer? by Sweetlemon(f): 4:31pm On Dec 10, 2012
There are lots of things you guys get mixed up. A nice guy can be an alpha male and vice versa. In fact "nice is a relative term in that it can be used to describe different kinds of people. For instance not all quiet people are nice and not all loud or talkative people are bad.
Now my own type of alpha male is a guy who smells CONFIDENCE and sex appeal. One who is intelligent and calculating. Knows exactly when and how to strike. He has good taste for finer things in life and you can never catch him dead with just any thing. He wants the best, works for the best and will not settle for less. You can't even catch him with just any kind of female as only the best ones appeal to him. When he falls in love, he treats his woman like a queen and woe betides any one who steps on her toes.
He's a no nonsense man with almost zero tolerance and may God help you if you try messing with him or people dear to him. He's a man of few words and more action and commands respect just by walking into a room.
Now that's the exact description of the the guy who has stolen my heart *stares into space dreamily*

4 Likes

Re: The Alpha Male Vs The Nice Guy – Which Do You Prefer? by Sagamite(m): 4:37pm On Dec 10, 2012
Sweetlemon: There are lots of things you guys get mixed up. A nice guy can be an alpha male and vice versa. In fact "nice is a relative term in that it can be used to describe different kinds of people. For instance not all quiet people are nice and not all loud or talkative people are bad.
Now my own type of alpha male is a guy who smells CONFIDENCE. One who is intelligent and calculating. Knows exactly when and how to strike. He has good taste for finer things in life and you can never catch him dead with just any thing. He wants the best, works for the best and will not settle for less. You can't even catch him with just any kind of female as only the best ones appeal to him. When he falls in love, he treats his woman like a queen and woe betides any one who steps on her toes.
He's a no nonsense man with almost zero tolerance and may God help you if you try messing with him or people dear to him. He's a man of few words and more action and commands respect just by walking into a room.
Now that's the exact description of the the guy who has stolen my heart *stares into space dreamily*

I hope with this you mean "ready and willing to put me in my place"?

Otherwise he would be old news.
Re: The Alpha Male Vs The Nice Guy – Which Do You Prefer? by k2039: 4:49pm On Dec 10, 2012
pleep: BS, nice guys are weak. Its a mix of low self-esteem, fear and desperation... i think the ladies can sense this.

Completely senseless, I wonder how you managed to get two likes.

How does being nice translate to a low self esteem, fear and desperation.
Re: The Alpha Male Vs The Nice Guy – Which Do You Prefer? by Nobody: 4:50pm On Dec 10, 2012
Sagamite:
Yep.

And they luuuuuurve it!

It is an interesting challenge and project they want to manage.

Fine girls like it because it is different and more interesting than guys kissing their feet all day.

Average and below love it but avoid it because they know they can't win the competion, so they go for the nice guy.

Best strategy:

Be a bad guy and ENJOY your life. Bangg as many girls as you can. Pull a hot girl and then when you are settled and she has produced, then you can change to nice.

A fcking win-win strategy, while still playing to the rules you did not create but that can work against you if you don't follow it.

Basically, I don't think chics like arrogant, controlling, and self-centred guys... They prefer confident guys who can act like a man with authority... However, there's a thin line between confidence and arrogance vis-a-vis authority and controlling - you just have to know not to cross that line... Once you do, it becomes problematic..

You don't necessarily need to be a "bad guy" to smash as many chics as possible, as long as the chics know where they stand and there's mutual respect... To be honest, bad guys don't really pull that many chics if they show their true colours from the beginning, most fake it till they get the chics in their chokehold... No one wants a heartless jerk...

Being there, done that - being a bad guy just breeds hatred, it's a lose lose situation...
Re: The Alpha Male Vs The Nice Guy – Which Do You Prefer? by Tgirl4real(f): 4:51pm On Dec 10, 2012
k2039: Completely senseless, I wonder how you managed to get two likes.

How does being nice translate to a low self esteem, fear and desperation.

Wahala de . . . grin
Re: The Alpha Male Vs The Nice Guy – Which Do You Prefer? by baby124: 5:04pm On Dec 10, 2012
Somebody is on a rampage on this thread. cheesy cheesy cheesy.

Still doesnt change the fact that nice guys are husband material, while jerks are boyfriend material.

Not everyone has time to figure an "adult" out.

Come correct, come straight and hold your own.

People are busy.
Games are for babies.

You will get left in the dust. tongue

If you are not clay in my hands. Nothing for you, i no marry. cool

kiss kiss kiss
Re: The Alpha Male Vs The Nice Guy – Which Do You Prefer? by k2039: 5:05pm On Dec 10, 2012
Sagamite:

Be careful.

Be a nice guy and you are pretty much fcked.

I have learnt that with experience. Every time you are too nice, you always certainly lose.

If you are a nice guy, you are most likely to end up with:

- A girl with average or below average looks.

Or

- An ATM (Anxious to Marry) who has wasted her prime with bad boys.

Or

- You wait eons and work very hard to get what she would give to a bad guy at the snap of the fingers

Basically, you are pretty much fcked in all ways as you are settling for second best.

Women like a little bit of arsehole in you. Give it to them. Give them what they want and enjoy yourself.

You did not make the rules and you can't change it. Follow it!
My mentor as spoken, I just have to heed his advise, thanks, Boss!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: The Alpha Male Vs The Nice Guy – Which Do You Prefer? by AreaFada2: 5:05pm On Dec 10, 2012
One woman's alpha male is another woman's player, one woman's nice guy is another woman's didinrin.

So just strike a balance and be somewhere in the middle, swinging the pendulum depending on how the girl behaves herself.
The only thing that is constant is change.

1 Like

Re: The Alpha Male Vs The Nice Guy – Which Do You Prefer? by prettyboi1(m): 5:08pm On Dec 10, 2012
Abali1:

Like this guy, am the Nice Guy with a Healthy dose of self esteem and an almost Rigid principles. If go against some of those principles, I walk away and never look back. Some of my female friends think that I am difficult to deal with, but I am not.
Girls think that every Nice guy out there is a fool and a play thing. SMH
This sounds just like me.
Re: The Alpha Male Vs The Nice Guy – Which Do You Prefer? by Sweetlemon(f): 5:13pm On Dec 10, 2012
Sagamite:

I hope with this you mean "ready and willing to put me in my place"?

Otherwise he would be old news.
Lol! You guys on NL ehn! Always looking for faults. Why should I wanna mess with him or his family and friends if they are friendly with me?
Besides didn't you see where I said he treats me like a queen and will not tolerate any one messing me?
Re: The Alpha Male Vs The Nice Guy – Which Do You Prefer? by Sagamite(m): 5:19pm On Dec 10, 2012
shymexx:

Basically, I don't think chics like arrogant, controlling, and self-centred guys... They prefer confident guys who can act like a man with authority... However, there's a thin line between confidence and arrogance vis-a-vis authority and controlling - you just have to know not to cross that line... Once you do, it becomes problematic..

You don't necessarily need to be a "bad guy" to smash as many chics as possible, as long as the chics know where they stand and there's mutual respect... To be honest, bad guys don't really pull that many chics if they show their true colours from the beginning, most fake it till they get the chics in their chokehold... No one wants a heartless jerk...

Being there, done that - being a bad guy just breeds hatred, it's a lose lose situation...

You would be surprised they do and they see it as a project to change him.

The best test when dealing with a woman in her prime on emotional issues is to ask yourself:

If I do 'A', is it logical?

If your own answer is yes, then don't do it.

Logic just does not work with them then.

If it sounds illogical to be a arrogant, controlling, and self-centred guy? ...........Then be!

That to them means: He is a challenge and unpredictable, fck, I am wet!

Note: controlling should not mean abuse o!

You don't need to be a bad guy to smash chics but you will smash far less and work fcking far harder and wait much longer than a bad guy to get permission to smash.

It is your choice which is the better proposition for you.

1 Like

Re: The Alpha Male Vs The Nice Guy – Which Do You Prefer? by Sagamite(m): 5:22pm On Dec 10, 2012
baby_123: Somebody is on a rampage on this thread. cheesy cheesy cheesy.

Still doesnt change the fact that nice guys are husband material, while jerks are boyfriend material.

Not everyone has time to figure an "adult" out.

Come correct, come straight and hold your own.

People are busy.
Games are for babies.

You will get left in the dust. tongue

If you are not clay in my hands. Nothing for you, i no marry. cool

kiss kiss kiss

I want to be the boyfriend and husband later that enjoys everything. It is my right! grin wink

Come correct, come straight and get the fcking sack letter? God forbid bad thing. undecided
Re: The Alpha Male Vs The Nice Guy – Which Do You Prefer? by Sagamite(m): 5:25pm On Dec 10, 2012
Sweetlemon:
Lol! You guys on NL ehn! Always looking for faults. Why should I wanna mess with him or his family and friends if they are friendly with me?
Besides didn't you see where I said he treats me like a queen and will not tolerate any one messing me?

A friend's aunty once said to us and is imprinted in our heads:

"If a man does not tell me what to do, I will tell him where to go".

Admit it, you will not stay with him if you mess with him and he acts like a wuss?

Fact: Women are built biologically to always test their men just to see if he has balls and if he cares.

I know when a woman is testing me. I have had to learn.

1 Like

Re: The Alpha Male Vs The Nice Guy – Which Do You Prefer? by Sweetlemon(f): 5:26pm On Dec 10, 2012
shymexx:

Exactly! There's a difference btw a confident man and an arrogant man. A man who can speak his mind without insults and a rude, callous man.
Re: The Alpha Male Vs The Nice Guy – Which Do You Prefer? by Tgirl4real(f): 5:26pm On Dec 10, 2012
U guys are just crazy. Na woman u na dey analyse like suya. *hiss* grin
Re: The Alpha Male Vs The Nice Guy – Which Do You Prefer? by baby124: 5:27pm On Dec 10, 2012
Sagamite:

I want to be the boyfriend and husband later that enjoys everything. It is my right! grin wink

Come correct, come straight and get the fcking sack letter? God forbid bad thing. undecided

You want to eat your cake and have it. You can go to mars, they may be advertising or looking for men like that. undecided
Re: The Alpha Male Vs The Nice Guy – Which Do You Prefer? by baby124: 5:28pm On Dec 10, 2012
Tgirl4real: U guys are just crazy. Na woman u na dey analyse like suya. *hiss* grin

abi o. mtschhheeeew! Women are so easy to understand, they dont realise this.
Re: The Alpha Male Vs The Nice Guy – Which Do You Prefer? by Sweetlemon(f): 5:28pm On Dec 10, 2012
Sagamite:

Admit it, you will not stay with him if you mess with him and he acts like a wuss?

Fact: Women are built biologically to always test their men just to see if he has balls and if he cares.

Yes of course. But the important thing is for him to treat me like a queen.
Re: The Alpha Male Vs The Nice Guy – Which Do You Prefer? by baby124: 5:30pm On Dec 10, 2012
Sagamite:

I never give anyone the chance to make decisions over my life, without my input/consent. Two heads are better than one, so he better be willing to bend to what i want. cheesy. If you want someone that will sit down while you think for her, buy a blow up doll. Every woman is different. Some play damsel in distress, others get tools and make it happen. You cant put anyone in a box.
Re: The Alpha Male Vs The Nice Guy – Which Do You Prefer? by Daresh(f): 5:31pm On Dec 10, 2012
I am not attracted to the Alpha male as you described him. I am married to a good guy and he is MY ALPHA MALE. That is all I need.
Re: The Alpha Male Vs The Nice Guy – Which Do You Prefer? by Sagamite(m): 5:33pm On Dec 10, 2012
baby_123:

You want to eat your cake and have it. You can go to mars, they may be advertising or looking for men like that. undecided

Yep.

I want the cake or rather more like the meat.

I don't want to be the patient dog that gets the bone.

The bone after some other dawgs have taken the meat.

I shall eat the meat and eat the bone.

Win-win strategy, babes. grin

baby_123:

abi o. mtschhheeeew! Women are so easy to understand, they dont realise this.

Women don't even understand themselves before you can even say they are easy to understand.

Women are like Nigeria where the only thing that is certain is uncertainty.

For women, the only thing that is logical is illogicality.

A boy should never call himself a man until he knows all that.

Sweetlemon:
Yes of course. But the important thing is for him to treat me like a queen.

Thanks for admitting it.

2 Likes

Re: The Alpha Male Vs The Nice Guy – Which Do You Prefer? by Sagamite(m): 5:34pm On Dec 10, 2012
baby_123:

I never give anyone the chance to make decisions over my life, without my input/consent. Two heads are better than one, so he better be willing to bend to what i want. cheesy. If you want someone that will sit down while you think for her, buy a blow up doll. Every woman is different. Some play damsel in distress, others get tools and make it happen. You cant put anyone in a box.

I don't think most women like a guy that makes decision about their life.

But I think women like a man that makes decision over their joint lives.
Re: The Alpha Male Vs The Nice Guy – Which Do You Prefer? by baby124: 5:38pm On Dec 10, 2012
]
Sagamite:

Yep.

I want the cake or more like meat.

I don't want to be the patient dog that gets the bone.

The bone after some other dawgs have taken the meat.

I shall eat the meat and eat the bone.

Win-win strategy, babes. grin

Women don't even understand themselves before you can even say they are easy to understand.

Women are like Nigeria where the only thing that is certain is uncertainty.

For women, the only thing that is logical is illogicality.

A boy should never call himself a man until he knows all that.

Thanks for admitting it.

I think i am a big threat to your crusade and you Alpha Male teaching. grin grin grin cool

Sagamite:

Nope, as long as i am involved, we will both make the decisions. Sorry. cool.

"Mother always knows best", ever heard that saying? - Men follow rigid logic and tunnel vision reasoning, while women are well rounded in their thinking. Except she is just being shallow. You shouldn't take charge of making decisions for another persons life without asking for her input. Nothing sexy or appealing about that. Everyone likes to have some control over their lives.
Re: The Alpha Male Vs The Nice Guy – Which Do You Prefer? by Sweetlemon(f): 5:38pm On Dec 10, 2012
Sagamite:

Exactly!
Re: The Alpha Male Vs The Nice Guy – Which Do You Prefer? by LongOne1(m): 5:42pm On Dec 10, 2012
@ Topic, I guess it is about studying your victim, not about Alpha Male/Nice Guy stereotypes that will vary from female to female.
The perfect victim allows for the perfect chase – Robert Greene in Art of Seduction.

As we have different personality types, a good hunter knows his prey and knows how to apply strategies unique to her kind.
Re: The Alpha Male Vs The Nice Guy – Which Do You Prefer? by Sagamite(m): 5:43pm On Dec 10, 2012
baby_123:

I think i am a big threat to your crusade and you Alpha Male teaching. grin grin grin cool

Nah!

Most here know I am a God of intellect, they know I always speak sense. cool

baby_123:
Nope, as long as i am involved, we will both make the decisions. Sorry. cool.

"Mother always knows best", ever heard that saying? - Men follow rigid logic and tunnel vision reasoning, while women are well rounded in their thinking. Except she is just being shallow. You shouldn't take charge of making decisions for another persons life without asking for her input. Nothing sexy or appealing about that. Everyone likes to have some control over their lives.

I am sure and bet you can and will love to do that in marriage after you have had kids.

Before that, you will sack him except you have lost your looks. He is dead fish!

You might even sack him and keep him as a friend. Just in case you change your mind and get your heart broken by a bad boy.

Nice guys are there to be used.
Re: The Alpha Male Vs The Nice Guy – Which Do You Prefer? by baby124: 5:54pm On Dec 10, 2012
Sagamite:

Nah!

Most here know I am a God of intellect, they know I always speak sense. cool

I am sure and bet you can and will love to do that in marriage after you have had kids.

Before that, you will sack him except you have lost your looks. He is dead fish!

You might even sack him and keep him as a friend. Just in case you change your mind and get your heart broken by a bad boy.

Nice guys are there to be used.

Thats not true at all. It all boils down to the individual. Some people like bad boys/ bad girls. Most people dont. They may when they are teens because of the adventure, but when they become real adults, that type of thing gets old. And you cant be following bad boys as an adult, it just makes you a dummy. Bad boys have their season, and it never lasts. Any girl that holds unto a bad boy has unresolved issues.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Battle of the Sexes - Males vs. Females / Do You Have A Breakup Plan? When You’re Dating Someone. / caught my wife fucking my landlord pic attached

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.