Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,453 members, 7,770,123 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 04:35 AM

What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? (32525 Views)

The Disadvantages Of Marrying A Virgin. / A Jehovah Witness Dating A Non Witness, I'm Emotionally Trapped, We Both In Love / What's Wrong With Marrying An Older Woman? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by hectorblaz: 10:01am On Jul 21, 2011
I have been dating this chic for like a month now, and I must confess that she's the best I've ever had. We are so compatible. And she's a walking example of my imaginations.

She told about it like 2 weeks ago but it sounded shallow. But last night when I asked her what was the greatest obstacle we had to overcome in order to get married, she said - RELIGION!

She said she was a Witness and that Witnesses don't marry outside. And that we shouldn't even think it cos it wont work. I have a lot to say but I cant even type it. I couldn't sleep last night. And am getting depressed right now.

I dont know what to do now cos I really, really, really love this chic. I really do need your advice. Can you guys help me?

If not that I have a higher calling and a vision I live for, I would have followed her to her church. But I just cant.

Can I get to convince or persuade her to join my RCCG church? Is it possible? Has it ever happened before?

Her whole family are Witnesses.

We are really in love with each other, though I think mine is deeper. But no one wants to let go of his or her beliefs to join the other person. If I switch, its as good as switching my destiny as well cos I need this pentecostal platform to fulfill my calling, and actualise my dream and visions.

Does anyone out there have any meaningful and workable advice for this dude, cos I would really, really love to get married to her.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by sleekyb: 10:07am On Jul 21, 2011
hectorblaz:

I have been dating this chic for like a month now, and I must confess that she's the best I've ever had. We are so compatible. And she's a walking example of my imaginations.

She told about it like 2 weeks ago but it sounded shallow. But last night when I asked her what was the greatest obstacle we had to overcome in order to get married, she said - RELIGION!

She said she was a Witness and that Witnesses don't marry outside. And that we shouldn't even think it cos it wont work. I have a lot to say but I cant even type it. I couldn't sleep last night. And am getting depressed right now.

I dont know what to do now cos I really, really, really love this chic. I really do need your advice. Can you guys help me?

If not that I have a higher calling and a vision I live for, I would have followed her to her church. But I just cant.

Can I get to convince or persuade her to join my RCCG church? Is it possible? Has it ever happened before?

We are really in love with each other, though I think mine is deeper. But no one wants to let go of his or her beliefs to join the other person. If I switch, its as good as switching my destiny as well cos I need this pentecostal platform to fulfill my calling, and actualise my dream and visions.

Does anyone out there have any meaningful and workable advice for this dude, cos I would really, really love to get married to her.

thats where the problem lies! they dont marry outside thier church and definately wont support her to marry outside. but if she trully loves you, its achievable but it would require you to be patient. goodluck smiley
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by Nobody: 10:12am On Jul 21, 2011
Since her Whole Family are Witnesses, DONT BOTHER! I am sure as hell your own family WONT ACCEPT HER cos she is a Witness! undecided
Why Force the relationship? It's only been a Month! MOVE THA F*^K ON! undecided

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by BeautfulB(f): 10:13am On Jul 21, 2011
hmmmmmmm, that’s what my friend is going through, if am in your shoes i wont and cant be a witness, why not persuade her to come to yours, if she truly loves and want to spend the rest of her life with you.

And if she till insist then you people are not compactable, you can’t kill your dream course of religious or love.
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by obowunmi(m): 10:24am On Jul 21, 2011
How sweet is her toto ?
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by Nobody: 10:28am On Jul 21, 2011
hectorblaz:

Yes! You can convince her! smiley It's Possible! It has happened before, is still happening, and will continue to happen!. . . BUT! All the one's i've seen always ended up in one thing. . . . . . . . . .[size=16pt]DISASTER![/size]

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by leuelliot(m): 10:36am On Jul 21, 2011
OP if she is a strong witness which i seriously doubt she would not come to your religion or date you for that matter.

sexkillz:

Yes! You can convince her! smiley It's Possible! It has happened before, is still happening, and will continue to happen!. . . BUT! All the one's i've seen always ended up in one thing. . . . . . . . . .[size=16pt]DISASTER![/size]

Seconded!!

2 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by gloriuss(f): 10:38am On Jul 21, 2011
coming from London, can u enlighten me about what a "witness" is, ? Jehovah's Witness
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by leuelliot(m): 10:46am On Jul 21, 2011
gloriuss:

coming from London, can u enlighten me about what a "witness" is, ? Jehovah's Witness

yes!! Jehovah's Witness
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by gloriuss(f): 10:51am On Jul 21, 2011
leuelliot:

yes!! Jehovah's Witness

making me feel embarassed but thanks,

@poster u need to seriously fast and pray regarding converting her to RCCG, simply trying to convert without intense prayer rightly spells DISASTER,
Pray o!
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by Omolola1(f): 10:56am On Jul 21, 2011
@poster,

Witnesses marry within, you would be makin d biggest mistake of ur life if u convert to a witness, dont even think of it! And am sure d lady would not leav her religion either. . .

A failed or broken relationship is better than a broken or failed marriage.
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by Nobody: 10:59am On Jul 21, 2011
gloriuss:

making me feel embarassed but thanks,

You welcome! cool
Omolola1:

@poster,

Witnesses marry within, you would be makin d biggest mistake of your life if u convert to a witness, dont even think of it! And am sure d lady would not leav her religion either. . .

A failed or broken relationship is better than a broken or failed marriage.
GBAM2
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by Nobody: 11:00am On Jul 21, 2011
Solution= go and hang yourself. cheesy
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by Omolola1(f): 11:05am On Jul 21, 2011
To add to what i said earlier-

don't think of converting her to your religion or belief coz if u do, she would simply go back to being a witness after u both are married, and that spells DOOM!
Talkn from xperience.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by gloriuss(f): 11:08am On Jul 21, 2011
sexkillz:

You welcome! coolGBAM2

see ur mouth tongue was it u that answered me? looool
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by iyatrustee(f): 11:09am On Jul 21, 2011
Omolola1:

To add to what i said earlier-

don't think of converting her to your religion or belief coz if u do, she would simply go back to being a witness after u both are married, and that spells DOOM!
Talkn from xperience.

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked how if i may ask?
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by Omolola1(f): 11:14am On Jul 21, 2011
@iya

her people would not let her be, especially her brethren, they av ds tie among themselves (the witnesses) which is very hard to break. They wud presure dem, b4 u knw it, the woman would go back, and even her hubby would follow suit.
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by iyatrustee(f): 11:16am On Jul 21, 2011
ok then! but you said talkin from experience as if it happened to you embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by Omolola1(f): 11:17am On Jul 21, 2011
loool, happened to an uncle of mine.
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by Goldieluks: 11:18am On Jul 21, 2011
@OP,if you really love her as you claim,is it a bad thing to become a witness,just like her?

because,LOVE CONQUERETH ALL THINGS.
that is if your ready to marry her,if not,waka!

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by Andrew3(m): 11:21am On Jul 21, 2011
simply ignore your feelings for her and move on, if she comes back to you then maybe she is ready to violently take it by force grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by amblors(m): 11:45am On Jul 21, 2011
@OP a cousin of mine married a witness
that worked coz she loved him enough not to let religious affiliation come between them
[or maybe she didnt care so much about it]

The whole family are witnesses too.

So yes its happened, but[b] the convincing needs to be done by her[/b], to herself and her family.
all depends on how much she loves you and if she can compromise.

If she can't/or is unwilling to do that.

what are you still waiting for?

there should be like 1.5billion unmarried ladies in the world.

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by gloriuss(f): 12:41pm On Jul 21, 2011
amblors:

what are you still waiting for?

there should be like 1.5billion unmarried ladies in the world.

Yes oooo, and I am one of them, wink
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by amuukwu1(m): 12:52pm On Jul 21, 2011
hectorblaz:

Just one month and you are professing this magnitude of love. Bros relax, its too early for such. Take your time to know her better. When the time is right, your religious differences would be a problem. Get what I mean? smiley
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by Nobody: 1:03pm On Jul 21, 2011
gloriuss:

Yes oooo, and I am one of them,  wink
I know! So what are your qualities? You could just make me change my mind you know! cool
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by gloriuss(f): 1:27pm On Jul 21, 2011
sexkillz:

I know! So what are your qualities? You could just make me change my mind you know! cool

Loooool, my qualities are immeasurable. I wont lie!
And change ur mind about what exactly,
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by Nobody: 1:42pm On Jul 21, 2011
gloriuss:

Loooool, my qualities are immeasurable. I wont lie!
And change your mind about what exactly,
Celibacy? grin Lol
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by gloriuss(f): 1:44pm On Jul 21, 2011
sexkillz:

Celibacy? grin Lol

Loooooolllllll, ALWAYS REMEMBER that "SEX KILLZ" grin
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by Jamesdman(m): 1:46pm On Jul 21, 2011
amblors:

@OP a cousin of mine married a witness
that worked coz she loved him enough not to let religious affiliation come between them

I jst wanna add the lil' i knw. . . . @Poster, i tink if u guyz really luv urself as u've professed, then religious affiliation should be not constitute an obstacle. U're Pentecostal, she is a JW, Watz the big deal? Are u all not CHRISTAINS? I've seen where a MUSLIM marries a CHRISTAIN n they're happily married till 2day. Hw much more two CHRISTAINS wif jst denominational differences? I'll advice dat u jst do ur tin n let her do hers, notin spoil, go ahead n wif d relationship. Afta religions are jst different road leadin 2 the Almighty! Infact, there are people who ain't members of any religion, bt are stil godly n 9ice!!!
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jul 21, 2011
gloriuss:

Loooooolllllll, ALWAYS REMEMBER that "SEX KILLZ" grin

Amen! grin
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by gloriuss(f): 1:52pm On Jul 21, 2011
James-dman:

I jst wanna add the lil' i knw. . . . @Poster, i tink if u guyz really luv urself as u've professed, then religious affiliation should be not constitute an obstacle. U're Pentecostal, she is a JW, Watz the big deal? Are u all not CHRISTAINS? I've seen where a MUSLIM marries a CHRISTAIN n they're happily married till 2day. Hw much more two CHRISTAINS wif jst denominational differences? I'll advice dat u jst do your tin n let her do hers, notin spoil, go ahead n wif d relationship. Afta religions are jst different road leadin 2 the Almighty! Infact, there are people who ain't members of any religion, bt are stil godly n 9ice!!!

I agree that some people that dont follow any religion may be very nice but dont go as far as calling them "Godly", undecided
Also what happens in the upbringing of their children together, or do u think there will no rifts, ?
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by gloriuss(f): 2:02pm On Jul 21, 2011
sexkillz:

Amen! grin

hmmmm, u no go kill me oooo. I'm running away nowwww

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

I Loved Him, He Broke My Heart, And I Have Been Cursing Him Deep. / Another "My ATM, My Cook" Pre-Wedding Photos / Guys like girls with skimpy dresses and tight trousers, but they won't marry them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.