Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,445 members, 7,823,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:10 PM

Sokoto Meat Market (Chicken Section) - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Sokoto Meat Market (Chicken Section) (24674 Views)

Fattened Chicken Can Cause Food Poisoning, Infections –experts / I Made Fried Chicken For The First Time Today / Chinese Silkie - Naturally Black Chicken (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sokoto Meat Market (Chicken Section) by Rebsy(f): 4:21pm On Dec 17, 2012
@ INNO, where are u in Sokoto? I serve there bt nt in town @ d moment.
Re: Sokoto Meat Market (Chicken Section) by Adanyebe(m): 4:25pm On Dec 17, 2012
very dirty... i cant gamble my health for that sheet... wetin hapen to the frozen onces from clean frozen shop at the same price?
Re: Sokoto Meat Market (Chicken Section) by Obinnau(m): 4:55pm On Dec 17, 2012
Turbocharged:

What type of course will you study inside a meat market?
well! U misunderstood my post. Actually i mean studying in sokoto as a state.
Re: Sokoto Meat Market (Chicken Section) by Nobody: 5:21pm On Dec 17, 2012
Rebsy: @ INNO, where are u in Sokoto? I serve there bt nt in town @ d moment.
@ Old Airport....
Re: Sokoto Meat Market (Chicken Section) by Nobody: 5:26pm On Dec 17, 2012
No wonder if you use iron sponge wash dried meat, sand go still dey. Dirty things.
Re: Sokoto Meat Market (Chicken Section) by AKMoney1(m): 6:12pm On Dec 17, 2012
So where are the pics of when u wan fry the chicken and when u wan chop am. I need pics of when u dey sh*t the chicken too abi na the market the story wan end ni? Mtcheeeew. NEXT PLS undecided
Re: Sokoto Meat Market (Chicken Section) by armyofone(m): 6:13pm On Dec 17, 2012
Nostalgic cry singing the land of my birth.

Sokoto, my birthplace cry
would love to be there again. I can't imagine the feeling visiting the North.

OP thanks for the little chicken treks grin

Hauwa.
Re: Sokoto Meat Market (Chicken Section) by Nobody: 6:55pm On Dec 17, 2012
Sokoto is kul u knw,lots of slaughterin 2 cum up dis season..xmas!!! Ma family aboki is already callin..."customer,akwai kasa mayan mayan"datz wat he said hez already advertisin his products.lol...seat of d caliphates.thumbs up 4 sokoto.
Re: Sokoto Meat Market (Chicken Section) by Nobody: 6:55pm On Dec 17, 2012
Sokoto is kul u knw,lots of slaughterin 2 cum up dis season..xmas!!! Ma family aboki is already callin..."customer,akwai kasa mayan mayan"datz wat he said hez already advertisin his products.lol...seat of d caliphates!!thumbs up 4 sokoto.
Re: Sokoto Meat Market (Chicken Section) by Mospring(m): 6:56pm On Dec 17, 2012
Ricky_Ross: Why did i click on this DRY thread?
Very forking and UNFORTUNATE pics
Nice pics and good market setting! wish i could get Ebonyi,Abakaliki meat mkt scene hia aswel!
Re: Sokoto Meat Market (Chicken Section) by Nobody: 6:58pm On Dec 17, 2012
INNO18: @ Old Airport....
wow!! Datz were i stay.old airport,but close 2 trade fair complex.
Re: Sokoto Meat Market (Chicken Section) by Nobody: 6:59pm On Dec 17, 2012
INNO18: @ Old Airport....
wow!! Datz were i stay.old airport,but i stay close 2 trade fair complex.

1 Like

Re: Sokoto Meat Market (Chicken Section) by niyimat(m): 7:10pm On Dec 17, 2012
ogb5: That chicken is like maybe 1.5kg in weight and it is 1200 naira which is like 7.5 US dollars. This works out to be about 5 dollars per KG and people are saying it is cheap.
By what standard is it cheap. Where in the world do people buy whole chicken at 5 USD per kg? It is damn expensive, we have not even added the cost of dressing the chicken

I agree with you partially. On the other hand, the last time I bought chickens in that market, (@ about a month ago) even though not as big as those shown above, I bought two full chickens @ N1500. It all depends on the breeds ( local or poultry breed). To me those prices are fair enough in a place where the idea of having a poultry farm is risky because of the weather. Besides the local in sokoto depends entirely on beef,so chicken delicacies are not a commonplace therefore there are not much poultry farms around.
Re: Sokoto Meat Market (Chicken Section) by Nobody: 7:10pm On Dec 17, 2012
@Inno, northern Nigeria is the most peaceful, organized, place to live if not becos of this recent boko haram issue. Those of you critisizing north especially sokoto would not believe how welcomed you'll be by the people of the state. We are very friendly, and we always mind our businesses. I was born and raised in sokoto by sokoto parents, the only place I know and call my home is here in sokoto. You are all welcomed to sokoto. One love, one Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Sokoto Meat Market (Chicken Section) by Nobody: 7:19pm On Dec 17, 2012
babagy82: @Inno, northern Nigeria is the most peaceful, organized, place to live if not becos of this recent boko haram issue. Those of you critisizing north especially sokoto would not believe how welcomed you'll be by the people of the state. We are very friendly, and we always mind our businesses. I was born and raised in sokoto by sokoto parents, the only place I know and call my home is here in sokoto. You are all welcomed to sokoto. One love, one Nigeria
Ka fada masu kane. A wane Unguwa kake halan?
Re: Sokoto Meat Market (Chicken Section) by niyimat(m): 7:21pm On Dec 17, 2012
Adanyebe: very dirty... i cant gamble my health for that sheet... wetin hapen to the frozen onces from clean frozen shop at the same price?

Brother, you make me laugh, its like those frozen chickens you buy doesn't shiiit, do you know where they were processed?.
Re: Sokoto Meat Market (Chicken Section) by Nobody: 7:27pm On Dec 17, 2012
@ INNO, a minanata nike zaune ranka ya dade
Re: Sokoto Meat Market (Chicken Section) by Freeopod(m): 8:45pm On Dec 17, 2012
Dts kasau nama! I so love dt market, am gonna miss dt mkt wen am done serving! Ama go take a pic of that place too for remembrance purposes!
Re: Sokoto Meat Market (Chicken Section) by Nobody: 9:25pm On Dec 17, 2012
babagy82: @ INNO, a minanata nike zaune ranka ya dade
Tamaje nake. Zan turama Email yanzu.
Re: Sokoto Meat Market (Chicken Section) by Nobody: 9:34pm On Dec 17, 2012
Email din bai je ba, sunce I'm not connected. Amma ka sake turawa direct zuwa babagy82@gmail.com @INNO
Re: Sokoto Meat Market (Chicken Section) by cbjonstage(m): 5:02am On Dec 18, 2012
i love dis state for one thing, d peaceful co existence of diff religious faithful + d presence of sultan(man of peace) will never let things go out of hand...
i was born & raised there till i finished my o'level....to cut my story short, d last time i visited d place was during sallah period 2yrs ago to visit my family & friends (sultan bello + odas). nlanders, believe me u won't find water in d pool in all d hotels i visited for fun all because of sharia. sharia dis sharia dat....things hv changed there seriously. economic activities very low...good road network. i like having fun wherever i go...am not a drunker so i felt visitin mammy mkt will b climax of being in sok town due to presence of d soldiers...next day i zoomed off
Re: Sokoto Meat Market (Chicken Section) by EchikaChina: 8:03am On Dec 18, 2012
INNO18: It's a great place to be. Low cost of living, job opportunity, and very little competition.
My friend stop lying ...... Have you stayed in Sokoto more than weeks. Stay until April May June. and report back
Best road network? where are talking about?
Low cost of living ...... A loaf of good bread is 300h, a plate of food, 300h upward, 2Bedroom flat, 220k.

Sokoto, a city as old as ibadan is still as undeveloped as my village and you writing about chicken.
You can't be serious.
Re: Sokoto Meat Market (Chicken Section) by Chiopatra: 8:18am On Dec 18, 2012
So wat should I do.mtchewww angry
Re: Sokoto Meat Market (Chicken Section) by Nobody: 8:27am On Dec 18, 2012
Echika China:
My friend stop lying ...... Have you stayed in Sokoto more than weeks. Stay until April May June. and report back
Low cost of living ...... A loaf of good bread is 300h, a plate of food, 300h upward, 2Bedroom flat, 220k.

Sokoto, a city as old as ibadan is still as undeveloped as my village and you writing about chicken.
You can't be serious.
You didnt have to spew your Ignoble ignorance over here. I was born in Sokoto, and i've lived here the past 18yrs of my life. Maybe it's you that has spent only weeks here. A good loaf of bread 'Star Bread' ( which is owned by an Igbo man) goes for #120. And you wont finish it in a day. What of Ijeoma bread((owned by a rich and prestigious Igbo woman) it also goes for #200 only. And it'll last you for almost 3 days. Which part of sokoto did you say rents are as high as 220k? For 2B room? Even houses in GRA dont cost that much. The only Neighbourhoods with high rent prices in Sokoto are Cool residential areas like. NTA quarters, Runjin Sambo,and some parts of Mabera. Infact. My mum once paid a rent for a 6 bed room apartment at the rate of 350k. @ NTA quarters. But later annuled the rent as the house was without Pipe borne water. Sokoto has the Best road Network in Norther Nigeria. Roads like, Gusau road, garba Duba road, Ahamdu bello way, Abdullahi fodio road, Atiku Road. And of recent Runjin sambo road. All these roads are Dual carriages with street lights. At night they give the city an enchanting and enigmatic colour. So my friend dont even compare it with that slum called IBADAN!

1 Like

Re: Sokoto Meat Market (Chicken Section) by Nobody: 8:28am On Dec 18, 2012
Echika China:

You can't be serious.
You didnt have to spew your Ignoble ignorance over here. I was born in Sokoto, and i've lived here the past 18yrs of my life. Maybe it's you that has spent only weeks here. A good loaf of bread 'Star Bread' ( which is owned by an Igbo man) goes for #120. And you wont finish it in a day. What of Ijeoma bread((owned by a rich and prestigious Igbo woman) it also goes for #200 only. And it'll last you for almost 3 days. Which part of sokoto did you say rents are as high as 220k? For 2B room? Even houses in GRA dont cost that much. The only Neighbourhoods with high rent prices in Sokoto are Cool residential areas like. NTA quarters, Runjin Sambo,and some parts of Mabera. Infact. My mum once paid a rent for a 6 bed room apartment at the rate of 350k. @ NTA quarters. But later annuled the rent as the house was without Pipe borne water. Sokoto has the Best road Network in Norther Nigeria. Roads like, Gusau road, garba Duba road, Ahamdu bello way, Abdullahi fodio road, Atiku Road. And of recent Runjin sambo road. All these roads are Dual carriages with street lights. At night they give the city an enchanting and enigmatic colour. So my friend dont even compare it with that slum called IBADAN!
Re: Sokoto Meat Market (Chicken Section) by Okeycima: 9:41am On Dec 18, 2012
INNO18: AFTER EVERYTHING HOLLA..... YOU GET THIS... YUMMY HUH?
op u dey Bleep up oh. I get better chicken at affordable rate thus:Tokunbo xmas chickens for sale;uk used white chicken#1,200,blind chicken#800,deaf n dumb chicken(can't crow)600,sickle cell chicken#510,crippled hen #310
Re: Sokoto Meat Market (Chicken Section) by armyofone(m): 4:01pm On Dec 18, 2012
The memory I have of Sokoto was that of us little kids singing alalube and ina zuwa wuriki etc
Those of Almajiris singing lai lai lo lo and hanging around our home waiting for left over.
memories of us relaxing under the dongo yaro tree eating fried unshelled jada...wow

good memories.
Re: Sokoto Meat Market (Chicken Section) by avr247: 5:20pm On Dec 18, 2012
abdulkayus:

c dis guy abeg. FYI, some states in d north are far more cleaner, hav good roads, structures than d south.
My aboki who sai! I schooled in d north ok.all d things u mntion are falacies or the thickness of the road.and u get the best of roads in minna.stop hyping eyes sores
Re: Sokoto Meat Market (Chicken Section) by avr247: 5:24pm On Dec 18, 2012
INNO18: i dont expect someone who has never stepped foot in the north to understand
I stepped in the north so much it to me 6yrs. So I saw peeps earning 5k per month and thinking they are living it up.apart from banks and govt parastatals tell me another thriving sector, kunu abi? Or masa? Or balangu?
Re: Sokoto Meat Market (Chicken Section) by avr247: 5:26pm On Dec 18, 2012
londoner:

I'm sure you mean Brixton and not Brighton.....lol Brighton is a nice area, just outside London.

In any case, both Peckham and Brixton have some pluses to them. Brixton is where the rich young whites like to hang out and parts of Peckham are actually quite nice.The areas before you get to the market and the council estates.

U shud read between the line
Re: Sokoto Meat Market (Chicken Section) by armyofone(m): 8:19pm On Dec 18, 2012
hey dan avr247, masa is a thriving business especially during the harmattan.

masa with yaji, masa de miyan or masa with sugar grin

a good yarinya business tongue

avr247:
I stepped in the north so much it to me 6yrs. So I saw peeps earning 5k per month and thinking they are living it up.apart from banks and govt parastatals tell me another thriving sector, kunu abi? Or masa? Or balangu?
Re: Sokoto Meat Market (Chicken Section) by Nobody: 6:06pm On Dec 23, 2012
i tried uploading new pics, but the response i got was 'ATTACHMENT EXCEDED 200 KB'@ Mods can you help out here?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Toronto Restaurant With Only HIV Positive Chefs (Photo, Video) / What Dish Can You Cook So Well? (pictures) / How Many MUDU Are There In A PAINT Bucket

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.