Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,499 members, 7,823,167 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:30 AM

From Dating To A Long Term Relationship - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / From Dating To A Long Term Relationship (1284 Views)

10 Things I Have Learned From Dating Naija Girls / What Attitude Or Habit Can Stop U From Dating Someone? / Most Guyz Prevents Their Friends From Dating Their Sisters. Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

From Dating To A Long Term Relationship by True2myself24(f): 6:09am On Dec 17, 2012
Is there a difference between the two? And if there is, at what point does a relationship move from dating to being in a long term relationship? Are there tangible signs that one needs to see to determine that we're no longer dating but we're in a LTR now? Do you let time decide, in terms of how long you've been dating? Or do you let other factors decide? Share your thoughts.
Re: From Dating To A Long Term Relationship by Mynd44: 6:19am On Dec 17, 2012
To me, dating is when you both are still sizing one another up to see if you can actually manage the other person's faults and you are sorting out how you feel about him/her.

A LTR however is when you are both sure you want something out of the relationship (by something, I mean a future or atleast a high commitment). In an LTR, you are sure that you are in love with your partner and the partner reciprocates.
Re: From Dating To A Long Term Relationship by k2039: 6:43am On Dec 17, 2012
I will take long term relationship to mean courtship, what that means is that you and your partner have analysed your time together during dating and you think as a result of the outcomes and evidences during dating their may likely be a future between both of you.

So commitment will be more and you tend to discuss more about a possible future and plan towards the attainment of the future as it relates to both of you.
Re: From Dating To A Long Term Relationship by True2myself24(f): 6:49am On Dec 17, 2012
Mynd_44: To me, dating is when you both are still sizing one another up to see if you can actually manage the other person's faults and you are sorting out how you feel about him/her.

A LTR however is when you are both sure you want something out of the relationship (by something, I mean a future or atleast a high commitment). In an LTR, you are sure that you are in love with your partner and the partner reciprocates.

Well since you're a guy what tangible proof would you give to show your partner that there's now a difference between one form of the relationship and the other? Is it just a matter of feeling it in your heart or taking an extra step to show a commitment that's on a higher level than what was before?
Re: From Dating To A Long Term Relationship by Mynd44: 6:54am On Dec 17, 2012
True2myself24:

Well since you're a guy what tangible proof would you give to show your partner that there's now a difference between one form of the relationship and the other? Is it just a matter of feeling it in your heart or taking an extra step to show a commitment that's on a higher level than what was before?
personally, I don't really think there is such change. You will feel it in you cos both of you will be closer to one another and you will tend to be a lot more opened on feelings. Sometimes, a conversation tells better like when you both find yourself planning for an event about to happen in 3 months, talking about meeting old friends or moving in with one another.

There are a lot of ways to know that there is a change but also know that sometimes those changes don't mean crap as your partner might be faking
Re: From Dating To A Long Term Relationship by Rejoyla(f): 6:55am On Dec 17, 2012
In the real sense of dating, dating is more or less a trial period 2 see if two people are the compatible, u are both seen 2geda in public n u could even date oda Ppl at dis stage. On the other hand, LTR is a step in2 marriage, it's d same as courtship, at dis stage its a monogamous relationship where d two people are exclusive
Re: From Dating To A Long Term Relationship by DExplorer1: 8:04am On Dec 17, 2012
Rejoyla: ~
I like your smile!
Re: From Dating To A Long Term Relationship by larrymoore(m): 1:55pm On Dec 17, 2012
Op, relationship, either long or short, it is simply wat u make it to be. The end only justifies d means. Some ve only dated 4 two month n successfully got married at d end while others dated 4 9 years, yet couldnt make marriage.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Dating Someone With The Same Profession / My Boyfriend Is The Father Of Our Baby / iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.