Nairaland Forum

Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / Login / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 1236307 members, 1645282 topics. Date: Saturday, 19 April 2014 at 10:29 AM

The Tenth Generation - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Tenth Generation (18040 Views)

-Generation To Generations- / Our Generation.. Nigeria Is Our Responsibility / To The Dying African Generation (1) (2) (3) (4)

(0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Tenth Generation by Damex333(m): 11:09pm On Jan 13, 2013
Guy, d suspense here go too tight o, and frank dont mind dose ppl that want rodgers 2 kill all me then finish, am sure he will neva kill ikenna and jennifer, those are my best characters, and make sure u dont hang ur this tyme o. Oya ppl make v comment as u dey read o.
Re: The Tenth Generation by gendebs(m): 8:28am On Jan 14, 2013
frank, frank, frank. No let d spit wey i spit for ground dry b4 u com complete this story.
Re: The Tenth Generation by avicky(f): 12:21am On Jan 15, 2013
Na wa for dt Vampire guy dt was wishing Rogers to eat them all like balls. Sorry for been disappointed weirdo.

Btw, Franko u've really done a great job. Just work on ur typos. Weldone!
When is d next update?
Re: The Tenth Generation by Damex333(m): 1:22am On Jan 15, 2013
Avicky dont mind dt vampire jawe. But frank u dey full us o,u dey fall our hand.
Re: The Tenth Generation by gendebs(m): 10:42am On Jan 15, 2013
i dnt knw if u guys on this forum derive pleasure for keeping the reader of your stories in suspence. This is 4th uncompleted story i am readin on this forum within 7days. I am new here and i am not encourage at all.
Re: The Tenth Generation by frank3.16: 5:21pm On Jan 15, 2013
Sory guys, i will definatly update 2morrow once i get bak 2 abj
Re: The Tenth Generation by frank3.16: 8:25am On Jan 17, 2013
James was impatiently starring at his phone. What kind of meeting was Andrew in that seemed to want to take the whole day? He was expecting that either Mr. Agu or Andrew would call her any moment from now. This could be the break he was looking for. James was sure that Andrew must know something about the where about of the bead. He had no choice but to believe so.

Barrister Emeka, who seemed to know much about Andrew, had been calling him all day to know if he had heard from him. James had promised him that he would let him know as soon as he gets any new information.
His phone rang.

He rushed it like it was his life. “Hello, this is Inspector James. Who am I speaking with please?

“I am Mr. Andrew Akpan. I am already informed that you are expecting my call.”

“Yes please. Do you have any information concerning the bead?” James went straight to the point.

“I think so”

James held his breath. “I am listening to you.”

“Mark had informed me that the bead was taken by a lady whom he used to date on the day he told her he was engaged to another lady. She was expecting that he would come begging her for the bead. At least that was what we guessed she had in mind, if not why would she take the bead? But Mark did not go for the bead, he left it for her. They never had any contact with each other again.

“Do you have any idea how I can locate her?”

“Yes, Mark once gave me her address a few years ago.”

“Why would Mark give you her address, and why should you guys talk about her years after Mark was no longer seeing her?”
James wanted to be sure that Mark had not in any way gone to collect the bead from her.

“You see, Mark really never got over the guilt he felt for leaving her the way he did. That was why he looked very depressed at the time he went to visit Clara his present wife. He didn’t realize that the bead had been taken until Clara noticed it. He couldn’t tell her what happened, so he told her that he didn’t feel like wearing it any longer. I was the one who encourage him to forget about her, he wouldn’t have had the courage to do it without me. But he kept track of her well being. He wanted to be sure that she was okay. And so when he found out that she was doing well and bought a house of her own, it made him feel good.”

“Can you give me her name and address?” James picked up a pen and Jotted down the number as Andrew read it to him. “One more thing, why did you encourage Mark to leave her?”

“We weren’t getting along very fine. Stella accused me of being the one leading Mark to womanize. I didn’t like her for that.”

“Did Mark tell you anything about the bead?”

“No, he just told me that it was given to him by his father, which had been a ritual in their family. But he once told me that he had always wanted the bead to be on his neck, like he was obsessed with it. He didn’t understand why he suddenly didn’t miss it when Stella took it from her.”

“Is there any other thing I should know?” James had suddenly realized that if Mark knew Stella’s address, he must have given it to Rogers. That meant the psycho would have gotten her by now. His heart was beating faster. He hoped that Rogers had not found her since there had been no news of death.

“Nothing else,” Andrew replied.

“Thank very much Mr. Andrew, I will get back to you if need be.”

Inspector James called on sergeant Bill and Ted. “Hurry, get back up, we are going to Area L in World Bank Housing Estate. Let’s just pray that our man hasn’t gotten there before us.”

While in the car and driving towards World Bank Housing Estate, James dialed Emeka’s cell phone. “We have gotten the location of the bead,” he quickly said as Emeka answered his call. “Andrew Just informed me that one of Mark’s ex had taking it so as to get back at Mark for hurting her. We have her house Address, I am heading there now.”

“Very good. I hope the god has not already gotten there before you. But in case you get the bead, do not destroy it yourself; you must understand that you are not worthy of destroying the bead, besides a ritual must be done before destroying it.” Emeka instructed.

“Okay,”

“Give me the address so that I can come there right away. The bead must be handed to me for proper destruction.” Emeka said.

“I wouldn’t want you to be in any danger,”

“Don’t worry about me, just give me the address.” Emeka firmly said.

Jack quickly gave him the house address and dropped the phone.

He looked at his wrist watch, 5:15pm. I hope that we won’t be too late, please God, don’t let him locate her before us, he prayed.
Re: The Tenth Generation by frank3.16: 8:26am On Jan 17, 2013
deleted plagiar alert

1 Like

Re: The Tenth Generation by frank3.16: 8:29am On Jan 17, 2013
deleted plagia alert
Re: The Tenth Generation by frank3.16: 8:32am On Jan 17, 2013
deleted plagia alert

1 Like

Re: The Tenth Generation by frank3.16: 8:34am On Jan 17, 2013
Sean had been watching her all day. He didn’t even understand what he was doing. He knew he shouldn’t be hanging around her like this but he couldn’t stop. He was supposed to walk up to her and continue to confess his love for her instead of following her around the school premises. The most annoying part of it all was that he had suddenly lost the courage to confront her and talk to her.

His frustration was eating him up. It was making him think of ways that he can harm her, but he didn’t want to do anything that would jeopardize his chance of winning back her love again. What else should he do? He can’t continue to make a fool of himself by watching her all day. She probably would have noticed him.

Something must be done.

He believed that he still had a chance to get Jennifer back into his life, especially as he had not yet seen her with any other male. There was no competition yet. This discovery was the fruit of stalking her. He had watched her all day and had seen her with no other male that looked like a new lover.

She was now in the hall. Perhaps he had unnecessarily over reacted. Maybe she was serious that she wanted to concentrate on her studies. No, that wasn’t the problem; the problem was that she stopped giving him the attention she used to give him. He decided he would stay outside for sometime before retiring for the day. Then when he gets to his room, he would use the night to find the solution to this problem. He will do anything to get her back, even if it means using some forms of threat. What matters is getting her back to his life.
Re: The Tenth Generation by frank3.16: 8:35am On Jan 17, 2013
deleted
Re: The Tenth Generation by frank3.16: 8:36am On Jan 17, 2013
deleted
Re: The Tenth Generation by frank3.16: 8:36am On Jan 17, 2013
deleted
Re: The Tenth Generation by frank3.16: 8:39am On Jan 17, 2013
deleted
Re: The Tenth Generation by Damex333(m): 10:36am On Jan 17, 2013
Yepa, but ikenna sef,why him go tell dt guy all d story,haba,now dt guy don spoil show. I think d police sud av gone wit a casual clothes and casual car,instead of d uniform,now, ikenna wen u wake up,teach that sean of a guy that nobody try that wit ikenna, the slayer of alaogbaja.

2 Likes

Re: The Tenth Generation by oladimeji101(m): 3:39pm On Jan 17, 2013
Oh boy shocked wetin dey worry this dean self,now him don spoil show,poor him coz his arrogance and jealousy will put him to death by the great Alaogbaba now. Another susence again,please frank don't let it be too long before you post another ooo,don't leave us hanging like before again abeg. Kudos to you,enjiying every bit of it
Re: The Tenth Generation by frank3.16: 5:07pm On Jan 17, 2013
wow, u guys are already through, well the story is almost finished, let me see if i can post it all right now, but if i cant, we will see.
Re: The Tenth Generation by frank3.16: 5:10pm On Jan 17, 2013
deleted

1 Like

Re: The Tenth Generation by frank3.16: 5:11pm On Jan 17, 2013
deleted
Re: The Tenth Generation by frank3.16: 5:13pm On Jan 17, 2013
deleted
Re: The Tenth Generation by frank3.16: 5:17pm On Jan 17, 2013
deleted
Re: The Tenth Generation by frank3.16: 5:17pm On Jan 17, 2013
deleted
Re: The Tenth Generation by frank3.16: 5:21pm On Jan 17, 2013
deleted
Re: The Tenth Generation by frank3.16: 5:22pm On Jan 17, 2013
deleted

4 Likes

Re: The Tenth Generation by frank3.16: 5:28pm On Jan 17, 2013
ok guys, The tenth Generation ends here. pls update me on what u think. let me know what u think about the beginning, each individual parts, the ending etc. as u know writing about ghosts, demon and supernatural beings could be very difficult since the writer could in his own excitement make a mockery or comic out of his/her idea. only a reader can tell what he thinks, did u feel rogers was a joke? or did he look real?

pls let me know what u think of a general idea. looking foward to ur updates, thanks

xtfranks005@yahoo.com, 08027410988

1 Like

Re: The Tenth Generation by oladimeji101(m): 7:58pm On Jan 17, 2013
well me dont have much to say but i can say i enjoy every piece of it grin grin cheesy,it was so real right from the the beginning to the end juat like the cyber love. Thank God rogers didnt get the bead if not MEHN lipsrsealed lipsrsealed :-Xthe whole world would have been serious wahala. kudos to you frank,you are good,waiting forward to your next story wink kiss smiley[i][/i]
Re: The Tenth Generation by frank3.16: 8:17pm On Jan 17, 2013
oladimeji101: well me dont have much to say but i can say i enjoy every piece of it grin grin cheesy,it was so real right from the the beginning to the end juat like the cyber love. Thank God rogers didnt get the bead if not MEHN lipsrsealed lipsrsealed :-Xthe whole world would have been serious wahala. kudos to you frank,you are good,waiting forward to your next story wink kiss smiley[i][/i]

Thanks, i appreciate.
Re: The Tenth Generation by Damex333(m): 9:32pm On Jan 17, 2013
Rodgers was so very real,and this story kept me on d edge,every character made prove their worth,wonderful piece frank,really wonderful piece. In my opinion,it more interesting than d cyber lover. It must be put on d front page and i must let alot of ppl knw wat a story this is,one of d best av read so far.
Thanks frank 4 ds wonderful story,
Re: The Tenth Generation by IZUKWU(m): 10:17pm On Jan 17, 2013
Frank thank you for your work,i enjoyed reading it just like i enjoyed the other about cyber lover. Once again thanks and more flow to your pen
Re: The Tenth Generation by gendebs(m): 11:57pm On Jan 17, 2013
i love the story, the characters and the use of english. So simple and easy to understand without consulting dictionary. I shld ve given 10/10 but for not updating on time i am gonna give you 8/10 ... No be my fault na u cause am ooo

1 Like

Re: The Tenth Generation by Phatkemi: 12:26am On Jan 18, 2013
Soooooooo gooooooooood coolSoooooooo gooooooooood

(0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) ... (11) (Reply)

Books You Must Read! / Poetry Contest / MY Police Life (short Story By Faithful Don)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2014 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See Nairalist and How To Advertise
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.