Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,855 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:17 PM

US To Send Soldiers To Tackle Boko-Haram - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / US To Send Soldiers To Tackle Boko-Haram (27654 Views)

US To Send Soldiers To Nigeria: New York Times / Kwankwaso Dares GEJ:“Send Soldiers You Deploy For Elections To Sambisa Forest / GEJ To Send Soldiers To Mali To Fight Islamist. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US To Send Soldiers To Tackle Boko-Haram by Caseless: 7:56am On Dec 25, 2012
Red-Light:
yeah! Thats whats the iraqis, arabs told u abt american soilders abi? If ur brothers in kilslam didnt start killing innocent people in the name of allah and mohamed.. Are we guna be talkin abt usa sending soilders here
red-light, ur brain is scotched! Lawdamossi!

1 Like

Re: US To Send Soldiers To Tackle Boko-Haram by Hunkyimage(m): 8:36am On Dec 25, 2012
strangest: hope they can differentiate between the north and the rest of the country
strangest: hope they can differentiate between the north and the rest of the country

xo,on point!
Re: US To Send Soldiers To Tackle Boko-Haram by FOLLEY20(m): 9:01am On Dec 25, 2012
DANILSA: old story
absolutely old & Irrelevant 2 d issue on ground.
Re: US To Send Soldiers To Tackle Boko-Haram by FOLLEY20(m): 9:09am On Dec 25, 2012
الملكي فوق الله: We bring Peace,Liberty and Justice for all!! cool
Do u even read d topic 4 discussion b4 making ur contribution? We are talking on how 2 tackle BH, u are just busy discussing mineral resources. After all, how many mineral do u even have in d North 4 God sake?

[size=2pt]....While in the midst of stealing all of your oil and natural resources....[/size] wink

Free of Charge!
Re: US To Send Soldiers To Tackle Boko-Haram by Hunkyimage(m): 9:19am On Dec 25, 2012
dimples*:
For real!for real! This is the opportunity I've been waiting for,

Let me dust my traveling bag and get ready2 relocate to BH states

I need to hook up with some white meat!!

awu-sha!!! undecided
dimples*:
For real!for real! This is the opportunity I've been waiting for,

Let me dust my traveling bag and get ready2 relocate to BH states

I need to hook up with some white meat!!

awu-sha!!!
Re: US To Send Soldiers To Tackle Boko-Haram by Nobody: 9:35am On Dec 25, 2012
Why can't this stupid Americans stick to their own business? They think this is 18th or 19th century when they had the opportunity of invading us anyhow. Be warned Mr. President!
Re: US To Send Soldiers To Tackle Boko-Haram by Zet72(m): 9:52am On Dec 25, 2012
tongue Cap28 or whatever u call ur self I'm not buying into the crap u hav been spewing in this tread, go & tell ur mohamedians to lay down they arms or rather relocate to the north & see if ur family will not be blown to pieces., Chief conspirator& propagandist thats what u are, mallam.
USA u are welcome in the north no qualms.

3 Likes

Re: US To Send Soldiers To Tackle Boko-Haram by emmatok(m): 10:01am On Dec 25, 2012
Orpelin: Nigeria Army dont allow dem pls.
Nigeria govt dont permit dem ooo
Nigeria President, this is not good if U KNOW that.
NASS pls take action if the current GCFR wont repel dem.

Your President invited them.
Re: US To Send Soldiers To Tackle Boko-Haram by Nobody: 10:22am On Dec 25, 2012
Zet72: tongue Cap28 or whatever u call ur self I'm not buying into the crap u hav been spewing in this tread, go & tell ur mohamedians to lay down they arms or rather relocate to the north & see if ur family will not be blown to pieces., Chief conspirator& propagandist thats what u are, mallam.

sell out.Even Civil war that lasted for some time was resolved by Nigerians
Re: US To Send Soldiers To Tackle Boko-Haram by RedLight1: 11:18am On Dec 25, 2012
caseless: red-light, ur brain is scotched! Lawdamossi!
so, u dat ur brain is not scotched can u counter my post like a man that has not spent big part of his life at yaba left?
Re: US To Send Soldiers To Tackle Boko-Haram by dBard: 11:45am On Dec 25, 2012
Our elders said, 'Neva give a leper a handshake, next na elbow'. It usually starts wit a few soldiers,den d no steadily increases frm dre..
Re: US To Send Soldiers To Tackle Boko-Haram by igbo2011(m): 12:36pm On Dec 25, 2012
Divide and conquer all over again. Us african scant unite for anything. History will repeat itself

1 Like

Re: US To Send Soldiers To Tackle Boko-Haram by OmoEziokwu: 1:29pm On Dec 25, 2012
Zet72: tongue Cap28 or whatever u call ur self I'm not buying into the crap u hav been spewing in this tread, go & tell ur mohamedians to lay down they arms or rather relocate to the north & see if ur family will not be blown to pieces., Chief conspirator& propagandist thats what u are, mallam.

So because he speaks against the impending invasion of Nigeria by the US, you call him a "mallam"? undecided cry SMH for you. Trust me, you will be among the first people to come back here crying for the US troops to leave.

1 Like

Re: US To Send Soldiers To Tackle Boko-Haram by Caseless: 2:02pm On Dec 25, 2012
Red-Light:
so, u dat ur brain is not scotched can u counter my post like a man that has not spent big part of his life at yaba left?
bigot, ur brain is so tilted that whenever u post, there is always a drop of sentiment or bigotry in ur post...especially when the issue concerns nigeria and islam.

Learn to judge disintrestedly!
Re: US To Send Soldiers To Tackle Boko-Haram by Caseless: 2:04pm On Dec 25, 2012
OmoEziokwu:

So because he speaks against the impending invasion of Nigeria by the US, you call him a "mallam"? undecided cry SMH for you. Trust me, you will be among the first people to come back here crying for the US troops to leave.
dont mind what those that do not knw what the invasion entails say.
Re: US To Send Soldiers To Tackle Boko-Haram by Caseless: 2:07pm On Dec 25, 2012
flatulence!
Re: US To Send Soldiers To Tackle Boko-Haram by cap28: 2:40pm On Dec 25, 2012

You deserve to be put back into shackles and enslaved because your brain does not function properly, the fact that i do not agree with what the US is planning to do in nigeria does not make me a moslem - use your brain for a change.

do you know of any country that america has intervened in militarily that is still in one piece?

why would a country built on the sweat and blood of african slaves care about africans? a country that aided and abetted the aparthied govt of south africa

a country that helped the aparthied govt of south africa build a nuclear weapon to ensure that the white minority remain in control of every valuable resource in that country.

these peoople you worship and idolise hate your guts and only tolerate your existence because you are currently useful to them, a time will come when your presence will no longer be of any use to them, they invade and take down anyone who refuses to bow to them try and get that into your thick skull.

they took down libya using the rebel NTC troops who were funded, aided and abetted by the CIA

they are currently using rebels to try and take down syria.

and yet in your mind you think they are intervening in nigeria out of the goodness of their heart.
Re: US To Send Soldiers To Tackle Boko-Haram by cap28: 2:50pm On Dec 25, 2012

The African 'Star Wars' by Pepe Escobar 26 april 2011
It is the Pentagon's Africom versus China's web of investments - the ultimate prize: Africa's natural resources.

From energy wars to water wars, the 21st century will be determined by a fierce battle for the world's remaining natural resources. The chessboard is global. The stakes are tremendous. Most battles will be invisible. All will be crucial.

In resource-rich Africa, a complex subplot of the New Great Game in Eurasia is already in effect. It's all about three major intertwined developments:

1) The coming of age of the African Union (AU) in the early 2000s.

2) China's investment offencive in Africa throughout the 2000s.

3) The onset of the Pentagon's African Command (Africom) in 2007.

Beijing clearly sees that the Anglo-French-American bombing of Libya – apart from its myriad geopolitical implications – has risked billions of dollars in Chinese investments, not to mention forcing the (smooth) evacuation of more than 35,000 Chinese working across the country.

And crucially, depending on the outcome – as in renegotiated energy contracts by a pliable, pro-Western government – it may also seriously jeopardise Chinese oil imports (3 per cent of total Chinese imports in 2010).

No wonder the China Military, a People's Liberation Army (PLA) newspaper, as well as sectors in academia, are now openly arguing that China needs to drop Deng Xiaoping's "low-profile" policy and bet on a sprawling armed forces to defend its strategic interests worldwide (these assets already total over $1.2 trillion).

Now compare it with a close examination of Africom's strategy, which reveals as the proverbial hidden agenda the energy angle and a determined push to isolate China from northern Africa.

One report titled "China's New Security Strategy in Africa" actually betrays the Pentagon's fear of the PLA eventually sending troops to Africa to protect Chinese interests.

It won't happen in Libya. It's not about to happen in Sudan. But further on down the road, all bets are off.

Meddle is our middle name

The Pentagon has in fact been meddling in Africa's affairs for more than half a century. According to a 2010 US Congressional Research Service study, this happened no less than 46 times before the current Libya civil war.

Among other exploits, the Pentagon invested in a botched large-scale invasion of Somalia and backed the infamous, genocide-related Rwanda regime.

The Bill Clinton administration raised hell in Liberia, Gabon, Congo and Sierra Leone, bombed Sudan, and sent "advisers" to Ethiopia to back dodgy clients grabbing a piece of Somalia (by the way, Somalia has been at war for 20 years).

The September 2002 National Security Strategy (NSS), conceived by the Bush administration, is explicit; Africa is a "strategic priority in fighting terrorism".

Yet, the never-say-die "war on terror" is a sideshow in the Pentagon's vast militarisation agenda, which favours client regimes, setting up military bases, and training of mercenaries – "cooperative partnerships" in Pentagon newspeak.

Africom has some sort of military "partnership" – bilateral agreements – with most of Africa's 53 countries, not to mention fuzzy multilateral schemes such as West African Standby Force and Africa Partnership Station.

American warships have dropped by virtually every African nation except for those bordering the Mediterranean.

The exceptions: Ivory Coast, Sudan, Eritrea and Libya. Ivory Coast is now in the bag. So is South Sudan. Libya may be next. The only ones left to be incorporated to Africom will be Eritrea and Zimbabwe.

Africom's reputation has not been exactly sterling – as the Tunisian and Egyptian chapters of the great 2011 Arab Revolt caught it totally by surprise. These "partners", after all, were essential for surveillance of the southern Mediterranean and the Red Sea.

Libya for its part presented juicy possibilities: an easily demonised dictator; a pliable post-Gaddafi puppet regime; a crucial military base for Africom; loads of excellent cheap oil; and the possibility of throwing China out of Libya.

Under the Obama administration, Africom thus started its first African war. In the words of its commander, General Carter Ham, "we completed a complex, short-notice, operational mission in Libya and… transferred that mission to NATO."

And that leads us to the next step. Africom will share all its African "assets" with NATO. Africom and NATO are in fact one – the Pentagon is a many-headed hydra after all.

Beijing for its part sees right through it; the Mediterranean as a NATO lake (neocolonialism is back especially, via France and Britain); Africa militarised by Africom; and Chinese interests at high risk.

The lure of ChinAfrica

One of the last crucial stages of globalisation - what we may call "ChinAfrica" – established itself almost in silence and invisibility, at least for Western eyes.

In the past decade, Africa became China's new Far West. The epic tale of masses of Chinese workers and entrepreneurs discovering big empty virgin spaces, and wild mixed emotions from exoticism to rejection, racism to outright adventure, grips anyone's imagination.

Individual Chinese have pierced the collective unconscious of Africa, they have made Africans dream – while China the great power proved it could conjure miracles far away from its shores.

For Africa, this "opposites attract" syndrome was a great boost after the 1960s decolonisation – and the horrid mess that followed it.

China repaved roads and railroads, built dams in Congo, Sudan and Ethiopia, equipped the whole of Africa with fibre optics, opened hospitals and orphanages, and – just before Tahrir Square – was about to aid Egypt to relaunch its civilian nuclear programme.

The white man in Africa has been, most of the time, arrogant and condescending. The Chinese, humble, courageous, efficient and discreet.

China will soon become Africa's largest trading partner – ahead of France and the UK – and its top source of foreign investment. It's telling that the best the West could come up with to counteract this geopolitical earthquake was to go the militarised way.

The external Chinese model of trade, aid and investment – not to mention the internal Chinese model of large-scale, state-led investments in infrastructure – made Africa forget about the West while boosting the strategic importance of Africa in the global economy.

Why would an African government rely on the ideology-based "adjustments" of IMF and the World Bank when China attaches no political conditions and respects sovereignty – for Beijing, the most important principle of international law? On top of it, China carries no colonial historical baggage in Africa.

Essentially, large swathes of Africa have rejected the West's trademark shock therapy, and embraced China.

Western elites, predictably, were not amused. Beijing now clearly sees that in the wider context of the New Great Game in Eurasia, the Pentagon has now positioned itself to conduct a remixed Cold War with China all across Africa – using every trick in the book from obscure "partnerships" to engineered chaos.

The leadership in Beijing is silently observing the waters. For the moment, the Little Helmsman Deng's "crossing the river while feeling the stones" holds.

The Pentagon better wise up. The best Beijing may offer is to help Africa to fulfil its destiny. In the eyes of Africans themselves, that certainly beats any Tomahawk.

Pepe Escobar is the roving correspondent for Asia Times (www.atimes.com). His latest book is Obama Does Globalistan (Nimble Books, 2009). He may be reached at pepeasia@yahoo.com

http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/opinion/2011/04/2011422131911465794.html

1 Like

Re: US To Send Soldiers To Tackle Boko-Haram by Originalsly: 3:38pm On Dec 25, 2012
Are these BH people not Black?... are other Nigerians not Black?.... including the bleached out ones? ....Do you really believe US troops will think about who is Muslim or who is Christian?... who is from the North or South?... who is Boko Haram and wbo is not?.... once you are Black in their eyes you are Boko Baram and they will shoot first and deny later. If you really think they care about Blacks......find out how they treated their own Blacks in Lousiana after Hurricane Katherina......and figure out how they will treat you who they see as another species of African monkeys.
Re: US To Send Soldiers To Tackle Boko-Haram by RedLight1: 3:41pm On Dec 25, 2012
caseless: bigot, ur brain is so tilted that whenever u post, there is always a drop of sentiment or bigotry in ur post...especially when the issue concerns nigeria and islam.

Learn to judge disintrestedly!

Nope.. u are the bigoted foo0l that doesn't want anybody to tell the world the truth about kislam ....u ignored the fact that ur brothers in kislam are killing and kidnapping innocent people in the north, but ur arab programmed brain doesnt want the americans to intervene becos ur arab masters told u that they are zionist... u just want ur people to go on killing spree.. the zionist are bad people (is the killing of innocent people in the name of arab religion what u want) have always being pro Nigeria and i support anything that will make it better and if sending soldiers to train our own soldiers is what gonna stop ur maniac brother in pislam.. am in full support and i dont care what a fo0l blood thirsty bastar.d like u have to say .... u can hug transformer for all i care

1 Like

Re: US To Send Soldiers To Tackle Boko-Haram by Nobody: 4:24pm On Dec 25, 2012
Hahaha!!! That Cap of a guy is so clueless that you wonder if he makes sense to himself at times. Indeed, the Boko Haram nature in him speaks most about his inclination toward support for terror-related issues and when finding solutions to the menacing attacks in the North.

I still think it is the best way out, allowing the American soldiers to come in as the Nigerian security team is incapable to get rid of them being a clear reason. I would be very glad to see them arrive on time to fight this Boko Haram shiit!

1 Like

Re: US To Send Soldiers To Tackle Boko-Haram by Biafrarep(m): 4:35pm On Dec 25, 2012
shymexx:

Spook!!

And I wish I could slap some brain cells into your deficient and malfunctioning brain!! undecided
Riff-raff, you better steer clear of my post, if you dont have somthing sensible to say, OLODO!
Re: US To Send Soldiers To Tackle Boko-Haram by igbo2011(m): 4:40pm On Dec 25, 2012
all4naija: Hahaha!!! That Cap of a guy is so clueless that you wonder if he makes sense to himself at times. Indeed, the Boko Haram nature in him speaks most about his inclination toward support for terror-related issues and when finding solutions to the menacing attacks in the North.

I still think it is the best way out, allowing the American soldiers to come in as the Nigerian security team is incapable to get rid of them being a clear reason. I would be very glad to see them arrive on time to fight this Boko Haram shiit!
You are too brainwashed. Wake up America doesn't care about black people especially Africans. They want to kick the Chinese out and get a good oil supply from us. Everywhere they intervene it goes to he'll. Somalia Libya Iraq Yemen Syria Afghanistan. They don't care about humans they like resources and money.
Re: US To Send Soldiers To Tackle Boko-Haram by cap28: 4:42pm On Dec 25, 2012
all4naija: Hahaha!!! That Cap of a guy is so clueless that you wonder if he makes sense to himself at times. Indeed, the Boko Haram nature in him speaks most about his inclination toward support for terror-related issues and when finding solutions to the menacing attacks in the North.

i dont bother responding to your posts because you are still at an elementary stage of reasoning, like i have said in previous posts, until you start learning how to read and research international issues at an indepth level, me and you have nothing to say to each other.
Re: US To Send Soldiers To Tackle Boko-Haram by cap28: 4:57pm On Dec 25, 2012

AFRICOM and the Recolonisation of Africa

The creation of AFRICOM

AFRICOM, literally known as ”The United States Africa Command”(USAFRICOM) is one of nine Unified Combatant Commands of the United States Armed Forces headquartered at Kelley barracks, Stuttgart in Germany.

AFRICOM was created by George W Bush by Presidential Order in 2007 to cordinate US military activities throughout Africa and is directly responsible for U:S military operations and military relations with 53 african nations – an area of responsibility covering the whole of Africa except Egypt.

In mid-2006, Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld formed a planning team to advise on requirements for establishing a new Unified Command for the African continent. In early December, he made his recommendations to President George W. Bush

On 6 February 2007, Defense Secretary Robert Gates announced to the Senate Armed Services Committee that President George W. Bush had given authority to create the new African Command and U.S. Navy Rear Admiral Robert Moeller, the director of the AFRICOM transition team, arrived in Stuttgart Germany to begin creating the logistical framework for the command. On 28 September the U.S. Senate confirmed General William E. "Kip" Ward as AFRICOM's first commander and AFRICOM officially became operational as a sub-unified command of EUCOM with a separate headquarters. On 1 October 2008, the command separated from USEUCOM and began operating on its own as a full fledged combatant command.

The Combatant Commander AFRICOM reports to the Secretary of Defence and the Secretary of Defence reports to the President of the United States. In individual African countries, US Ambassodor continue to be the President's personal representatives of AFRICOM.

AFRICOM's military objectives
Deter or defeat al-Qaida and other violent extremist organizations operating in Africa and deny them safe haven.

Strengthen the defense capabilities of key African states and regional partners. Through enduring and tailored engagement, help them build defense institutions and military forces that are capable, sustainable, subordinate to civilian authority, respectful of the rule of law, and committed to the well-being of their fellow citizens. Increase the capacity of key states to contribute to regional and international military activities aimed at preserving peace and combating transnational threats to security.

Ensure U.S. access to and throughout Africa in support of global requirements. This raises the question of why .

Be prepared, as part of a whole of government approach, to help protect Africans from mass atrocities. The most effective way in which AFRICOM would do this is through sustained engagement with African militaries.

When directed, provide military support to humanitarian assistance

[b][/b]AFRICOM's secret objectives
To increase the USA's access to Africa's oil , gas and other mineral resources such as Gold, Diamond ,Coltan under the pretext of waging Global War on Terrorism. But this military mission is without regard for the needs or desires of African people. Enabled by oil companies and private military contractors, AFRICOM serves as the latest frontier in military expansionism, violating the human rights and civil liberties of Africans who have voiced a strong "no" to U.S. military presence e.g Gaddafi and the people of Libya. The discovery of massive oil in Ogaden region of Ethiopia, in Somalia stretching all the way to Yemen has attracted the US attention in the region.

The need to occupy Nigeria in 2013 because of it has the highest quality oil in the world. Shell is the worlds largest oil company and the biggest and most dominant foreign oil company in Nigeria. The Rothschild's is the largest share holder of Shell and basically controls it. The Rothschild make up the majority of the Loby group in the US Congress.

“At an AFRICOM Conference held at Fort McNair on February 18, 2008, Vice Admiral Robert T. Moeller openly declared the guiding principle of AFRICOM is to protect “the free flow of natural resources from Africa to the global market”, before citing China's increasing presence in the region as challenging to American interests”.

In 2007, US State Department advisor Dr. J. Peter Pham commented on AFRICOM's strategic objectives of “protecting access to hydrocarbons and other strategic resources which Africa has in abundance, a task which includes ensuring against the vulnerability of those natural riches and ensuring that no other interested third parties, such as China, India, Japan, or Russia, obtain monopolies or preferential treatment.” (Nile Bowie, COVERT OPS IN NIGERIA: Fertile Ground for US Sponsored Balkanization Global Research, April 11, 2012.)

The “War on Terror” fraud serves to cover up the destabilization of Africa with a view to taking control of its resources. The Balkans were destabilized for the same purpose in the 1990's:

To stop and eventually remove the influence of China in Africa. After the cold war ended, the USA and its Western allies were left in a position of being without rivals in Africa and so had no competition in acquiring Africa's natural resources. This gave them the ability to control Africa basically through economic blackmail. The Western powers were left with a monopoly of Finance: That means any country of Africa had to go to the West for Finance, Trade and Loans. This meant that, the Western powers led by the US could basically control Africa through economic means alone. The rise of China changed the situation permanently in that, now African countries do have an alternative to seeking Finance and Trade with the West as they can get them from China. China since 2000 has been stepping up its involvement on the African continent massively offering much more favourable terms of trade to African countries , infrastructural investment, The Western powers are now trying to claw back what they have lost economically in Africa using the one field in which they do have a competitive edge over China. This competitive edge is the military means which they are using to claw back what they have lost . Since China established trade ties in Africa from 2002, Africa has seen a rapid increase in economic and infrastructural developments due to direct investment and butter trade. By this I mean roads, dams for hydro-electric power production, schools, hospitals, clean water projects. The best examples are Ethiopia and Ghana. What China has done in Africa for the last eight years is what the USA and its western allies have never done for 40 years. The presence of China is therefore a direct threat to the economic survival of the USA and its western allies because the flow of African oil, gas and other mineral resources have been diverted to China on a more favourable terms that have benefited Africa and its people. During the last four years alone, African countries have borrowed more money from China than from the World Bank, IMF, the USA and its western allies. Chinas influence in Africa has resulted into the loss of multibillion dollar contracts and the biggest loan finance market in the world as Africa used to get the bulk of its funds from the World Bank, IMF, USA and its western allies. AFRICOM was created to stop China's influence in Africa by changing regimes in Africa that have embraced China as number one trading and direct foreign investment partner.

This is the context in which AFRICOM was formed established in 2007

Strategic reasons: The US and Israel wants to use North Africa to control the Mediterranean Sea by re-establishing the military base in Libya, which Gaddafi closed down when he took over power in 1969. They also want to use Djibouti, Somalia and Eritrea to keep an eye on the anti-West Muslim countries of Iran and Syria in the Middle East.

Gaddafi's role in preventing AFRICOM
In order to to establish AFRICOM bases in each African country, the USA government actually bribed the leaders of these African Nations by giving them millions of dollars in exchange of accepting AFRICOM.

The reisitence to AFRICOM on the African continent was mainly led and spearheaded by Muammar Gaddafi and Libya. He was the only African President who was suspicious and wary of AFRICOM's role in the recolonisation of Africa. He paid African leaders to refuse to cooperate with AFRICOM by offering investment and infrastructure and offering cash to African countries that refused to host US military base on their soil and who refused to cooperate with AFRICOM. Gaddafi actually paid each African leader twice the amount of money they received from the USA government. Libya under Muammar Gaddafi was really the biggest obstacle to the plan of subordinating African Union Forces to AFRICOM. This led to the refusal of AFRICOM bases in many Africa countries. As long as Gaddafi was alive, Africa would not be recolonized.

With Gaddafi out of the way now, the plan of establishing AFRICOM bases in AFRICA will continue . For instance shortly after the assassination of Gaddafi , President Obama sent about 100 US Special Forces to four different countries of Africa ostensibly to hunt down Joseph Kony , leader of the notorious Lords Resistance Army in Uganda. Ugandan forces , alongside Kenyan and Ethiopian forces, are largely in Somalia fighting a proxy war for the US in Somalia and its Western allies. The US forces were sent to Uganda to train Ugandan forces to fight on their behalf in Somalia. Uganda has about 8000 troops in Somalia.

Gaddafi's refusal of AFRICOM was another major reason that led to his overthrow and execution by NATO and its western allies.With Gaddafi gone, Africa is therefore vulnerable to the forces of recolonisation as he had the vision, influence and fund that had initially blocked the establishment of AFRICOM bases in Africa from 2007 to 2011.

The U.S. secret warfare in Africa is alive
In addition to its military command in Africa (AFRICOM), America has been deploying special forces all over the continent:

“Small teams of special operations forces arrived at American embassies throughout North Africa in the months before militants launched the fiery attack that killed the U.S. ambassador in Libya. The soldiers' mission: Set up a network that could quickly strike a terrorist target or rescue a hostage.” (Kimberly AP, October 2, 2012.) Dozier, White House widens covert ops presence in North Africa.

The U.S. is spreading its clandestine army all over Africa. As reported by Nile Bowie (Global Research, April 2012), the goal is to “balkanize” the African continent:

Under President Obama, in fact, operations in Africa have accelerated far beyond the more limited interventions of the Bush years: last year's war in Libya; a regional drone campaign with missions run out of airports and bases in Djibouti, Ethiopia, and the Indian Ocean archipelago nation of Seychelles; a flotilla of 30 ships in that ocean supporting regional operations; a multi-pronged military and CIA campaign against militants in Somalia, including intelligence operations, training for Somali agents, a secret prison, helicopter attacks, and U.S. commando raids; a massive influx of cash for counterterrorism operations across East Africa; tens of millions of dollars in arms for allied mercenaries and African troops; and a special ops expeditionary force (bolstered by State Department experts) dispatched to help capture or kill Lord's Resistance Army leader Joseph Kony and his senior commanders. And this is just the beginning of Washington's fast-expanding plans and activities in the region.

The geographic scope of AFRICOM
The territory of the command consists of all of the African continent except for Egypt, which remains under the direct responsibility of USCENTCOM, as it closely relates to the Middle East. USAFRICOM also covers island countries commonly associated with Africa;

Cape Verde
São Tomé and Príncipe
Comoros
Madagascar
Mauritius
Seychelles
[/b]

http://www.modernghana.com/news/426168/1/africom-and-the-recolonisation-of-africa.html
Re: US To Send Soldiers To Tackle Boko-Haram by OmoEziokwu: 4:58pm On Dec 25, 2012
Red-Light:

u are the bigoted foo0l that doesn't want anybody to tell the world the truth about kislam ....u ignored the fact that ur brothers in kislam are killing and kidnapping innocent people in the north, but ur arab programmed brain doesnt want the americans to intervene becos ur arab masters told u that they are zionist.

all4naija: Indeed, the Boko Haram nature in him speaks most about his inclination toward support for terror-related issues and when finding solutions to the menacing attacks in the North.

Nigeria is finished with people like these roaming the streets. Do you guys even know anything about history and the dynamics of international relations? I doubt that highly. I reckon many of our leaders today in their youth would have been of equal cerebral abilities as these quoted people and their ilk, and that is probably why the nation is being steered the way it is today. A nation of people who don't READ and one filled with purloiners like "Dr Sign Freeman" and his congregation in their hordes. Indeed, now I can assuredly sit back and wait for the end of the farce called Nigeria.
Re: US To Send Soldiers To Tackle Boko-Haram by RedLight1: 5:06pm On Dec 25, 2012

u dey mind those arab dogs that their brains has being programmed to work one way like zombies
Re: US To Send Soldiers To Tackle Boko-Haram by Caseless: 5:13pm On Dec 25, 2012
Red-Light:

Nope.. u are the bigoted foo0l that doesn't want anybody to tell the world the truth about kislam ....u ignored the fact that ur brothers in kislam are killing and kidnapping innocent people in the north, but ur arab programmed brain doesnt want the americans to intervene becos ur arab masters told u that they are zionist... u just want ur people to go on killing spree.. the zionist are bad people (is the killing of innocent people in the name of arab religion what u want) have always being pro Nigeria and i support anything that will make it better and if sending soldiers to train our own soldiers is what gonna stop ur maniac brother in pislam.. am in full support and i dont care what a fo0l blood thirsty bastar.d like u have to say .... u can hug transformer for all i care
no amount of diagnosis would have revealed how anti-clockwise ur brain is.....it is scotched more than i thought it was.

Dunce, this post has finally displayed how intellectually arid u are. Ur level of ignorance shows u are irredeemable.

I weep for u.....sms....
Re: US To Send Soldiers To Tackle Boko-Haram by RedLight1: 5:13pm On Dec 25, 2012
OmoEziokwu:

Nigeria is finished with people like these roaming the streets. Do you guys even know anything about history and the dynamics of international relations? I doubt that highly. I reckon many of our leaders today in their youth would have been of equal cerebral abilities as these quoted people and their ilk, and that is probably why the nation is being steered the way it is today. A nation of people who don't READ and one filled with purloiners like "Dr Sign Freeman" and his congregation in their hordes. Indeed, now I can assuredly sit back and wait for the end of the farce called Nigeria.
can u point anytin meaningful in this rubbish u wrote that u called post.. U are tryin to sound wise buh u end up shoWING low IQ and stupidiity to d world.. Like i told the other m0rön like u, if u dnt have anytin to counter my post ... Its will be safe to shut d fhuck up instead of sounding like sum1 that spent most of his life at mental hospital
Re: US To Send Soldiers To Tackle Boko-Haram by RedLight1: 5:18pm On Dec 25, 2012
caseless: no amount of diagnosis would have revealed how anti-clockwise ur brain is.....it is scotched more than i thought it was.

Dunce, this post has finally displayed how intellectually arid u are. Ur level of ignorance shows u are irredeemable.

I weep for u.....sms....
now i see, u are another aromental pattient that is yet to collect his certificate.. It will be very unwise for me to be debating with a shithead zombie like u.. People will tink am crazy too... When u get ur certificate at the mental hospital come back and i will see if can talk to u.. Buh rytnw u really need to go and take ur medicine
Re: US To Send Soldiers To Tackle Boko-Haram by OmoEziokwu: 5:19pm On Dec 25, 2012
Now listen, Red-Light and all4naija, there is a clear difference between the effects of the campaign of the Islamic fundamentalists (remember not all Muslims are in support of their activities) and the impact of an imminent raid of Nigeria by American soldiers. The nation's current woes SHOULD NOT warrant this kind of Greek gift in the form of a foreign intervention. If we had a stable and effective government we would have at the least kept the Boko Haram activities to a minimum. America coming into Nigeria does not guarantee it any stability. A as a matter-of-fact, the odds are that they will pillage the country and being that they most likely won't be able to distinguish between Christian and Muslim or innocent or guilty, there will most definitely be a lot of heinous crimes committed by their soldiers. Have you taken your time to watch the Wikileaks collateral murder video releases on American atrocities in Iraq? Okay let me ask you, can you really tell the difference between most Chinese people? I want to guess that they somewhat all look alike to you. Now drawing from that analogy, what makes you think that the US will go down to Nigeria and at all times be able to precisely figure out who is Boko Haram or not, in a sea of Muslims going around their businesses in say, a Northern state? Now I don't dislike caucasians or anything like that and I have friends among them, but what even makes you people think that you look any different from the Islamists or "Boko Haramists" in the eyes of the average localized Westerner?

Go back and read your history books. Take your time and study, then come back here for a better discourse.

*THINK*
Re: US To Send Soldiers To Tackle Boko-Haram by RedLight1: 5:34pm On Dec 25, 2012
igbo2011:
You are too brainwashed. Wake up America doesn't care about black people especially Africans. They want to kick the Chinese out and get a good oil supply from us. Everywhere they intervene it goes to he'll. Somalia Libya Iraq Yemen Syria Afghanistan. They don't care about humans they like resources and money.
so its america that started religion extremism in somalia and northern nigeria or the arabs? So it was americans that told gadafi and al-alsaad to start killing their people? Why do u people always like to ignore the root the problem and end up blamin americans 4 wantin ur resources.. If lybians didnt ask 4 d west support, would they even care? Same with nigerians.. If dis arab zombies didnt start killing innocent people are we guna be asking 4 western help? btw do u tink americans need conflict in nigeria to steal our wealth with many greedy people we have around as leaders

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

I Will Continue To Be A Thorn In Buhari’s Flesh, He Can Withdraw My Police Guard / Ben Bruce Trolls President Buhari Using Football / Ekweremadu: Why Age Limit For Senate, Governorship Were Retained

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.