Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,684 members, 7,809,584 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:40 AM

What Is It With Port-Harcourt Women And Money! Is It Normal? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is It With Port-Harcourt Women And Money! Is It Normal? (23846 Views)

Opinion: Money Is Not a Necessary Ingredient in ATTRACTING a Lady. / My Love For Small Girls: Is It Normal? / Is It Normal For A Guy To Go Though His Girfriends Phone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is It With Port-Harcourt Women And Money! Is It Normal? by kajad(m): 11:26am On Apr 26, 2006
My job brought me to Port Harcourt a few months ago. I have always heard warning like ‘beware of PH babes’ without really understanding the meaning until now.

The first girl I met in the city gave me a bill of buying toiletries and hosting her birthday party barely after 10 days of knowing her! The second’ a student I knew for one week before she went back to school, calls to requests for phone credit which I oblige her sometimes; the next thing I knew she wants me to send money to her through her bank account.

My thought that a working class girl will be different proved abortive. The working class girl I met told me she wants to go to Dubai during her annual leave to buy goods for sale and that I should lend her some money to augment. This is a girl that has not even been to my house o!

My question is Do you become a benefactor once you ask a girl out in this city or am I being paranoiac? Is this normal with all women everywhere because I have not experienced it before.

Before you ask Please note that I am single and in prime age.
Re: What Is It With Port-Harcourt Women And Money! Is It Normal? by joe2005(m): 11:59am On Apr 26, 2006
my dear, this is one thing that i have for some time now been trying to understand. Women and money. You see i am not surprised at all about your experience. It me say that you are the only one to experience this. On many ocassion i have experienced this same "unfortunate" incident.

I dont want to say that that behaviour is normal. I believe that some thing is wrong somewhere. Most women seriously need deliverance.

I want we should ask ourselves is, what is the proximate cause of this behaviour? Why do most women all over the world love to ask for so much money from people they directly or indirectly know? Why has it become problematic to take a women out? Why has most women turning into, excuse me to say, beggars when they should not?

My dear, we can trace this to our up bringing morals. Most parents are to blame for this unfortunate situation. It would surprise you to know that most parents do not correct their children when they do the wrong thing. you would parents making comment like: "dont mind Akos that is how she behaves, my girl loves to do that.
" . when this happen most the young women turn to think that it is the right thing.

Those to blame for this problem is the women themselves. To be frank some are money conscious and the funny thing is that they are not ashame when asking for money. they should rather be focused and work for their own money instead of alway begging like beggars.

I believe that it is a problem that we should seek solution to. however, i dont think that this behaviour is normal.

Let not even think that it is normal with women. I believe we can do something about it.

2 Likes

Re: What Is It With Port-Harcourt Women And Money! Is It Normal? by Zahymaka(m): 12:49pm On Apr 26, 2006
PH babes? Na dem dey reign -- if you don't want to spend then don't ask one out. Even a girl of twelve is looking for money.

1 Like

Re: What Is It With Port-Harcourt Women And Money! Is It Normal? by kajad(m): 1:14pm On Apr 26, 2006
Zahymaka:

PH babes? Na them dey reign -- if you don't want to spend then don't ask one out. Even a girl of twelve is looking for money.
shocked shocked shocked shocked

Sure! A man asking a girl out will spend! Who’s gonna pay for dinner and stuff. . . . .
My trepidation is why ask for cash? Do I have to pay for knowing you? note that sex is not even in the picture yet
Re: What Is It With Port-Harcourt Women And Money! Is It Normal? by babymine(f): 1:40pm On Apr 26, 2006
Puh-lease!! angry Not every Port Harcourt gurl is like that. Guess you met the wrong ones. grin
Re: What Is It With Port-Harcourt Women And Money! Is It Normal? by Rhodalyn(f): 1:42pm On Apr 26, 2006
n jst which human in dis world dsnt like money
Re: What Is It With Port-Harcourt Women And Money! Is It Normal? by babymine(f): 1:44pm On Apr 26, 2006
Abi? Love without money no de work. grin
Re: What Is It With Port-Harcourt Women And Money! Is It Normal? by kajad(m): 1:49pm On Apr 26, 2006
babymine:

Puh-lease!! angry Not every Port Harcourt girl is like that. Guess you met the wrong ones. grin
I will believe you because thinking otherwise will be worse.
If once is by chance, second a coincidence what do you call third? enemy action? grin grin grin undecided

Rhodalyn:

n jst which human in this world dsnt like money
aha! you have joined them too? shocked shocked shocked
Re: What Is It With Port-Harcourt Women And Money! Is It Normal? by Rhodalyn(f): 1:51pm On Apr 26, 2006
kajad:

I will believe you because thinking otherwise will be worse.
If once is by chance, second a coincidence what do you call third? enemy action? grin grin grin undecided
aha! you have joined them too? shocked shocked shocked
i've nt joined anyone cool coolim only spking ma mind n that is da absolute truth cool or are ya trying to tell me datU dnt like money cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: What Is It With Port-Harcourt Women And Money! Is It Normal? by kajad(m): 2:00pm On Apr 26, 2006
Rhodalyn:

i've nt joined anyone cool coolim only spking ma mind n that is da absolute truth cool or are ya trying to tell me datU dnt like money cheesy cheesy cheesy
Oh! I see. So your boyfriend is your benefactor right? He gives you money for everything you do because you like money true?
Re: What Is It With Port-Harcourt Women And Money! Is It Normal? by Jalal(m): 2:44pm On Apr 26, 2006
Na wa for PH babes o!!! I have never been there bt i have one attachment there, (hope she neva reads this)!!!! Shes always demanding for me to send her credit for her phone and i cant remeber how many times i hav done so,
Not that i am complaining, shes a sweet girl!!!!!!!!!!
i wouldnt mind going to PH just to see her!!!!!!!!
Re: What Is It With Port-Harcourt Women And Money! Is It Normal? by babymine(f): 2:49pm On Apr 26, 2006
Hmm. Na wa oh! This topic has been changed to "Port Harcourt Gurls!" cheesy cheesy
Re: What Is It With Port-Harcourt Women And Money! Is It Normal? by kajad(m): 4:56pm On Apr 26, 2006
@ babymine
Since you are in PH, Why are PH babes like that? wink
Re: What Is It With Port-Harcourt Women And Money! Is It Normal? by Zahymaka(m): 4:57pm On Apr 26, 2006
Sort of. I know PH babes can be cool -- if you meet the right ones. Unfortunately, the right ones don't go out much. kajad, if you go to Bonny, you'll think PH is paradise.
Re: What Is It With Port-Harcourt Women And Money! Is It Normal? by kajad(m): 5:37pm On Apr 26, 2006
Really? last girl I talked about works offshore around bonny! I was planning to go visit her but I wasn’t too confident with the boat ride. Now I am not sure again undecided undecided
Re: What Is It With Port-Harcourt Women And Money! Is It Normal? by Zahymaka(m): 5:58pm On Apr 26, 2006
Ask babymine - she'll fill you in.
Re: What Is It With Port-Harcourt Women And Money! Is It Normal? by Rhodalyn(f): 6:01pm On Apr 26, 2006
kajad:

Oh! I see. So your boyfriend is your benefactor right? He gives you money for everything you do because you like money true?
i dnt need a guys money!!! i aint dat kind of gal!!!!!!!!! dats why i got sm ppl called ''parents''
Re: What Is It With Port-Harcourt Women And Money! Is It Normal? by kajad(m): 7:03pm On Apr 26, 2006
Zahymaka:

Ask babymine - she'll fill you in.
@ babymine, you got something to say?
Re: What Is It With Port-Harcourt Women And Money! Is It Normal? by Zahymaka(m): 7:08pm On Apr 26, 2006
or maki.
Re: What Is It With Port-Harcourt Women And Money! Is It Normal? by kajad(m): 7:14pm On Apr 26, 2006
Maki please come help me out! cry cry cry
Re: What Is It With Port-Harcourt Women And Money! Is It Normal? by Idekeson(m): 7:44pm On Apr 26, 2006
As long as you can maintain an appearance of been "loaded" (nice car & clothings) and often ready to spend on "good-times", you'll have as many girls as you can handle. Any girl that ask you for raw cash, strike her name off the list!. Have fun on your own terms until you're ready to settle down and get married.
Re: What Is It With Port-Harcourt Women And Money! Is It Normal? by kimba(m): 7:59pm On Apr 26, 2006
me-say its not only PH babes, its all over.
Re: What Is It With Port-Harcourt Women And Money! Is It Normal? by Zahymaka(m): 8:08pm On Apr 26, 2006
You haven't been to PH yet, have you? If you have you'll know it's one of the most expensive places in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: What Is It With Port-Harcourt Women And Money! Is It Normal? by Rottweiler(m): 9:08pm On Apr 26, 2006
@KAJAD
I am a Yoruba guy and I have been in PH for more than 10 years now and I got married in PH. You have only been here some months and you are complaining. The problem with guys moving to PH or living outside is that they already have an impression and that really affects their judgement. Most times, when guys come around, due to the biased mind they come with, in order to 'explore' the city and 'confirm' their impression, they end up hanging out with guys of like-minds who take them to the wrong places in town. MOST OF THE PEOPLE YOU MEET THERE ARE NON-INDIGENES! Most of the girls that hang out at Charlies, Illusion, Bootleggers, Baracuda, Toby Jug and other nite clubs are girls from mainly the Eastern parts of the country. I am not saying there are no bad ones in PH but people misconstrue the liberal lifestyles of the south-south people for something else. We should not forget that there is abject poverty down here. Girls, girls beg you for money if they notice that you are well-to-do. Some guys who come across such people exploit them and ask for sex in return.
Go to OAU, UNILAG, OSU, YABATECH and find out what happens at the girls hostels. IS IT ANY DIFFERENT FROM WHAT WE SEE DOWN HERE? NO.
Let me enlighten you: DO YOU KNOW THAT GIRLS FROM LAGOS SPONSOR THEMSELVES TO PORT HARCOURT ON FRIDAYS IN SEACH OF OIL MONEY, LODGE IN CHEAP HOTELS, GO CLUBBING AND END UP IN PEOPLES BED? ON SUNDAY NIGHT THEY TAKE A BUS BACK TO LAGOS. DO YOU? NO! Do you know that these girls (Yorubas inclusive) spread the news when they come around. The tell their 'familiar customers' to hook them up with their friends who can pay.

I have friends who organise parties regularly and they 'import' girls from outside the state, as far as Lagos. Ain't it crazy. But when people meet them, they tag them Port Harcourt guys. When they get stranded here, they do anything to get back to Lagos.

A bad bachelor friend of mine once told me that he slept with two girls on the same bed for N5000. You won't believe that the 2 girls were Yoruba girls. I think we should be objective when we tag a people. Guys as you catch you fun, pray you don't catch HIV. It's everywhere. Cheers.

2 Likes

Re: What Is It With Port-Harcourt Women And Money! Is It Normal? by tipsy289(m): 9:29pm On Apr 26, 2006
my guy sorry,PH girls and money,ave heard.
Re: What Is It With Port-Harcourt Women And Money! Is It Normal? by Ib(f): 12:49am On Apr 27, 2006
PH girls? No way! We are not like that.
Re: What Is It With Port-Harcourt Women And Money! Is It Normal? by Idekeson(m): 12:51am On Apr 27, 2006
@Rottweiller
You're right. Couldn't analyse the situation any better.
Re: What Is It With Port-Harcourt Women And Money! Is It Normal? by gigitte(f): 4:53am On Apr 27, 2006
five thousand naira?

*hisses*
Re: What Is It With Port-Harcourt Women And Money! Is It Normal? by owo(m): 7:36am On Apr 27, 2006
@ kajad, your assesment is completely false.

You get what you want.

I have personally met some of the most humane and selfless ladies you can find in the same port harcourt.

Change your circle of friends and the places that you go (hangout) and the people you meet will be different. You do well to take Rottweiler's words to heart.
Re: What Is It With Port-Harcourt Women And Money! Is It Normal? by wiseguy(m): 9:43am On Apr 27, 2006
I live and work in PH. I did my NYSC here and I've been here for 5 years now. I met my wife here and that was when I had no single foam in the small "hut" I was managing life then not to talk of giving her a dime. Luckily she was working and one way or the other she supports me financially. She only resigned her work and went back to school when I got a job and I was able to support her through school also. I believe if you truly look in the right places, you'll find nice and decent girls. It depends on what you want in a girl. I prefer neat, simple, natural and decently dressed girls. I wonder what you expect when you pick a girl from the club? Look in the right places and don't be in a hurry. Forget about what you hear about PH babes. I am not denying many of them are like that but you can also find nice ones. Like I said, don't be in a hurry man. Concentrate on why you are here first. Life in PH is faster than you think and hooking up with a girl that milks your pocket is not the best way to start.

And one piece of advice. If you are trying to stay long here. Start thinking of buying a small land and building your own house. PH landlords are not as generous as Lagos or anywhere else. They throw you out the second your rent expires or even before then as has heppened to me.
Re: What Is It With Port-Harcourt Women And Money! Is It Normal? by maki(f): 10:35am On Apr 27, 2006
so now tell me what's wrong with women and money angry

its just so natural and its in every part of the world grin

we just love the smell of money grin
Re: What Is It With Port-Harcourt Women And Money! Is It Normal? by babymine(f): 10:41am On Apr 27, 2006
@ Kajad

Methinks you're tring to ruin PH babes image. grin grin

But it won't work cos we aint like that! wink

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

6 Ways To Care For Your Partner Beyond Mere Words / Igbo Man Showed His Wife Big Breasts & Was Bragging About It(video) / D.K. Olukoya: God Will Punish Sexual Perverts In 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.