Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,425 members, 7,819,545 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:52 PM

What Is It With Port-Harcourt Women And Money! Is It Normal? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is It With Port-Harcourt Women And Money! Is It Normal? (23880 Views)

Opinion: Money Is Not a Necessary Ingredient in ATTRACTING a Lady. / My Love For Small Girls: Is It Normal? / Is It Normal For A Guy To Go Though His Girfriends Phone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is It With Port-Harcourt Women And Money! Is It Normal? by maki(f): 10:42am On Apr 27, 2006
DO YOU KNOW THAT GIRLS FROM LAGOS SPONSOR THEMSELVES TO PORT HARCOURT ON FRIDAYS IN SEACH OF OIL MONEY, LODGE IN CHEAP HOTELS, GO CLUBBING AND END UP IN PEOPLES BED?  ON SUNDAY NIGHT THEY TAKE A BUS BACK TO LAGOS. DO YOU?  

WORD!!!!

Not only Lagos girl, girls from every where come to PH at night or weekends misbehaive and goes back and later because it was here, it then looks as if, they are all Port Harcourt girls.

If you dont know this, Know it now, Port Harcourt girls are the coolest girls in Nigeria in every way you can think of.
Re: What Is It With Port-Harcourt Women And Money! Is It Normal? by babymine(f): 10:44am On Apr 27, 2006
Methinks you met the wrong ones. Next time be careful. wink
Re: What Is It With Port-Harcourt Women And Money! Is It Normal? by kajad(m): 10:45am On Apr 27, 2006
@Rottweiler

Thanks for your comments on my observation. Though you sounded angry at my audacity to complain after just few months in the city; you nevertheless, gave me another insight into the whole scenario.
I have always thought that the heartbeat of a city is the inhabitants, but, you have not only stratified it into indigenes and non-indigenes you have also added some ethnic coloration for better measures!
Since you obviously know the city and its clubs better, I believe you also know that those club girls are ‘pay as you go’. My observation unfortunately was not with them. You may be right that I have not met the right ones, but you lost me when you said that people misconstrue the liberal lifestyle of the south-south people for something else. The pulse of PHC is definitely different from Uyo, Calabar, Benin, Asaba or Yenegoa and they are all south-south cities. I never made any assertions to the origin of the girls, and indeed one of them is from Port Harcourt town.
I do not think that poverty has any concomitance with the issue at hand because my experience was not with indigent people; one of them works with oil servicing company in Bonny.
Please note that my statement did not make attribution to any tribe or people but with the pulse of the city; I have equally done a project in Makudi, Benue State where the people are even poorer but, their general attitude appear different on similar issue.
Re: What Is It With Port-Harcourt Women And Money! Is It Normal? by kajad(m): 10:54am On Apr 27, 2006
wiseguy:

I wonder what you expect when you pick a girl from the club?
shocked shocked shocked I can't remember saying this!

wiseguy:

And one piece of advice. If you are trying to stay long here. Start thinking of buying a small land and building your own house. PH landlords are not as generous as Lagos or anywhere else. They throw you out the second your rent expires or even before then as has heppened to me.
Thanks for the advice, people have told me that. My plan is leave the city by August unless something changes like getting a wife like you wink wink cheesy
Re: What Is It With Port-Harcourt Women And Money! Is It Normal? by Rhodalyn(f): 10:55am On Apr 27, 2006
frm da way i hear port- harcourt port-harcourt, i cn see it's a really nice place??
Re: What Is It With Port-Harcourt Women And Money! Is It Normal? by kajad(m): 11:01am On Apr 27, 2006
babymine:

@ Kajad

Methinks you're tring to ruin PH babes image. grin grin

But it won't work because we aint like that! wink
That is not my intention ooo!!!  shocked  shocked  shocked
I am only trying to understand the levels  wink  cool
That's why i m looking for a little insight

maki:

so now tell me what's wrong with women and money angry

its just so natural and its in every part of the world grin

we just love the smell of money grin

@ Maki
Can i quote you?
Re: What Is It With Port-Harcourt Women And Money! Is It Normal? by babymine(f): 11:01am On Apr 27, 2006
Port Harcourt's cool.  cool
Re: What Is It With Port-Harcourt Women And Money! Is It Normal? by kajad(m): 11:04am On Apr 27, 2006
Rhodalyn:

frm da way i hear port- harcourt port-harcourt, i cn see it's a really nice place??
Apart from the infuriating traffic hold ups, I think its a nice city. cool cool
Re: What Is It With Port-Harcourt Women And Money! Is It Normal? by Rhodalyn(f): 11:07am On Apr 27, 2006
kajad:

Apart from the infuriating traffic hold ups, I think its a nice city. cool cool
cuul cool
Re: What Is It With Port-Harcourt Women And Money! Is It Normal? by maki(f): 11:08am On Apr 27, 2006
when you pick a girl form the club dont expect anything less

and just take note, strangers are here in port harcourt claiming to be Port Harcourt girls

[quote
author=kajad link=topic=11418.msg318572#msg318572 date=1146132077]
That is not my intention ooo!!!  shocked  shocked  shocked
I am only trying to understand the levels  wink  cool
That's why i m looking for a little insight
@ Maki
Can i quote you?

bring it on grin
[quote][/quote]
Re: What Is It With Port-Harcourt Women And Money! Is It Normal? by babymine(f): 11:08am On Apr 27, 2006
BTW, why was da topic changed?      
Re: What Is It With Port-Harcourt Women And Money! Is It Normal? by kajad(m): 11:16am On Apr 27, 2006
babymine:

BTW, why was da topic changed?
Which topic babymine

@maki
My take is true right undecided
Re: What Is It With Port-Harcourt Women And Money! Is It Normal? by Rhea(f): 11:40am On Apr 27, 2006
Well said Rottweiler smiley

PH women and money,

It's quite normal. We also have our Oyibos to blame. A very familiar sight in PH supermarkets would be a typical ash'ma tagging pushing an overloaded trollery filled to the brim with everything, including dog food, with a senile looking oyibo tagging behind.

As a promising bachelor, u can never be too cautious. Resist the temptation of giving these girls a lift, even the one you meet in church, unless you are ready for some sort of relationship.

And if you are privileged to work in any of the Oil majors in the city, then you are automatically a target. If ur car doesn't give u away, ur fragrance, clothing, carriage, well-manicured nails, even the fresh strands of hair standing on the back of ur palm will give u away. Catch ur fun in clubs and hang outs, but maintain a firm grip of ur stuff especially when u progress from bottle to bottles (I presume u drink shaa).

Overall, the city can be fun, besides the usual traffic jams her and there. So enjoy, cautiously.
Re: What Is It With Port-Harcourt Women And Money! Is It Normal? by babymine(f): 11:42am On Apr 27, 2006
@ Kajad

This topic. Yesterday, it was "women and money,'' or something like that, can't really remember but now it's "port harcourt women and money."  grin  grin

So what happened?    
Re: What Is It With Port-Harcourt Women And Money! Is It Normal? by Rhodalyn(f): 11:43am On Apr 27, 2006
is it da capital of naija or smtin
Re: What Is It With Port-Harcourt Women And Money! Is It Normal? by Rottweiler(m): 11:47am On Apr 27, 2006
@KAJAD
I apologise for sounding angry. I guess it's in my nature grin cos I am like a ROTT  grin grin grin
Back to the PH business: The different towns you have mentioned (Uyo, Calabar, Benin, Asaba, Yenogoa) are quite different from PH because Port Harcourt is the only city that has a high concentration of oil & gas company workers/oil servicing company workers (talk of SHELL, TOTAL, AGIP, CHEVRONTEXACO, SCHLUMBERGER, etc). In PH the 'oil money' flows. It's only unfortunate that it flows in the midst of poverty. Do you know how many people live in the shanties (called WATERSIDE) scattered all over?  You also cited Benue. Do you know that proscumuity in Benue is second to none! Where cometh my facts? My old man was in the Air Force and we have gone round the country. I have mingled with almost all tribes: the Tivs, Gwaris, Fulanis, Annang, Mbaise, Idoma, Igalla, Ibira, Hausas, Ogonis, Kalabaris, Okrikas, Ijaws, Itsekiris, Urhobos, Ikwerres, Calabars, Igbos, Buzu, etc etc.
There are lots of good girls in PH if you mingle with the right people. A friend of mine got married a few weeks back to a Rivers girl. He confided in me that:  she did not allow him to make love to her during courtship only for him to discover after marriage that she's a virgin!  he's so thrilled by this discovery that he's crazy about her.  Before I got married, I also had one that never allowed me to make love to her. We kissed, hugged, smouched BUT NO GOING DOWN! When her parents send  her to the market with their driver, she would come to my house and use part of the ingredients bought to prepare soup for me before going back home. We went out for 2 years before she went to the UK for her masters. The story ended. I got married and afterwards she did same. grin
Re: What Is It With Port-Harcourt Women And Money! Is It Normal? by babymine(f): 11:49am On Apr 27, 2006
@ Rhoda

It's the capital of Rivers State.

Howz Ghana today?  cheesy  cheesy I hope I got that right. grin
Re: What Is It With Port-Harcourt Women And Money! Is It Normal? by Rhodalyn(f): 11:51am On Apr 27, 2006
whts rivers state cheesy cheesy cheesy is it also in naija embarassed

Ghana is cool bt i aint dere smiley
Re: What Is It With Port-Harcourt Women And Money! Is It Normal? by kajad(m): 11:54am On Apr 27, 2006
@Rhea  cool  cool  cool

@ babymine
i don't know who changed it,     perhaps the admin.

@Rhodalyn
The capital of Naija is Abuja; one of the most beautiful cities is Africa.
Port-Harcourt is like the Oil capital; where the wealth comes from.
Re: What Is It With Port-Harcourt Women And Money! Is It Normal? by Rhodalyn(f): 11:56am On Apr 27, 2006
oh!! i see. sounds like a nice place kiss kiss
Re: What Is It With Port-Harcourt Women And Money! Is It Normal? by babymine(f): 11:58am On Apr 27, 2006
I didn't get that right. I knew it.

Rivers State is a state in naija.  smiley  smiley
Re: What Is It With Port-Harcourt Women And Money! Is It Normal? by maki(f): 12:00pm On Apr 27, 2006
hi Rot

my dad was in air-force too grin
Re: What Is It With Port-Harcourt Women And Money! Is It Normal? by medube(m): 12:04pm On Apr 27, 2006
I don't know why all the girls are being so defensive when the truth is the truth. The guy has a point and when he says PH girls, he is not meaning every single PH girl, but the majority. Go into any of the Uni's here and go to the girls hostels and see what is happening. You just see cars parked outside waiting for girls, do you call those girls club girls? Take an empty bus into Uniport and just announce that there is a party, by the time you are finished, Road Safety will arrest you for overload as nearly the whole hostel will squeeze in. Whether girls come from Lagos or China, PH girls are known to love money. Infact it has become so obvious that in the last "Night of a Thousand Laughs" show,  a joke was made referring to PH girls, for those of you who watched it.

1 Like

Re: What Is It With Port-Harcourt Women And Money! Is It Normal? by Rottweiler(m): 12:11pm On Apr 27, 2006
hi Maki

You cool? Were you ever in Air Force Base Ikeja?
Re: What Is It With Port-Harcourt Women And Money! Is It Normal? by babymine(f): 12:20pm On Apr 27, 2006
Wait! Let me get this right. Is it just Port Harcourt women or all women? cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: What Is It With Port-Harcourt Women And Money! Is It Normal? by kajad(m): 12:26pm On Apr 27, 2006
@Rott
I am scared of them Rotts too, grin their anger knows no bounds. grin
You have thrown up another issue I had suspected as one of the causative factors. . . Oil Money! The first thing the women want to know once they meet you is where you are working and the only places they know are the oil majors you just mentioned. This is one good reason.

You have joined in the generalization with your statement that “promiscuity in Benue is second to none”. I do not know about that but, what I do know is that it is unusual for a Benue woman to give you bills simply because you showed interest in her!

I agree there are lots of good girls in PH including virgins wink lipsrsealed I m not looking for one anyway
I pray I get to meet them before I leave PH or I would go with this same impression.

I must observe that as a single man you did mingle with these ‘poverty’ people you are so compassionate about. What, with a girlfriend that goes to market with a driver! I really envy you o. smiley cheesy

I will never say die until the did is over. cool
Re: What Is It With Port-Harcourt Women And Money! Is It Normal? by Rottweiler(m): 12:28pm On Apr 27, 2006
medube:

I don't know why all the girls are being so defensive when the truth is the truth. The guy has a point and when he says PH girls, he is not meaning every single PH girl, but the majority. Go into any of the Uni's here and go to the girls hostels and see what is happening. You just see cars parked outside waiting for girls, do you call those girls club girls? Take an empty bus into Uniport and just announce that there is a party, by the time you are finished, Road Safety will arrest you for overload as nearly the whole hostel will squeeze in. Whether girls come from Lagos or China, PH girls are known to love money. Infact it has become so obvious that in the last "Night of a Thousand Laughs" show,  a joke was made referring to PH girls, for those of you who watched it.

Even in the North, excluding the Sharia states this things happen. If you have friends in other Universities in Nigeria just call them and ask if cars don't line up in front of the female hostels mostly Fridays. Have you been to LASU on a Friday before? What about the French Village in Badagry? Talk about UNILAG? OAU nko? Even YABATECH? Check the COEs.  Most female students don't pass Friday nights on campus.  I guess they attend REVIVALS grin

2 Likes

Re: What Is It With Port-Harcourt Women And Money! Is It Normal? by medube(m): 12:30pm On Apr 27, 2006
Rottweiler:

Even in the North, excluding the Sharia states this things happen. If you have friends in other Universities in Nigeria just call them and ask if cars don't line up in front of the female hostels mostly Fridays. Have you been to LASU on a Friday before? What about the French Village in Badagry? Talk about UNILAG? OAU nko? Even YABATECH? Check the COEs. Most female students don't pass Friday nights on campus. I guess they attend REVIVALS grin

You are talking of Fridays and we are telling you it happens every second over here cool
Re: What Is It With Port-Harcourt Women And Money! Is It Normal? by maki(f): 12:31pm On Apr 27, 2006
Rottweiler:

hi Maki

You cool? Were you ever in Air Force Base Ikeja?

ikeja, kaduna and port harcourt mostly b4 he resigned
Re: What Is It With Port-Harcourt Women And Money! Is It Normal? by babymine(f): 12:34pm On Apr 27, 2006
Kajad, is that the only money experience you've had with women?

Are you saying that no other woman (women) you've had a relationship/s with, has been money conscious?
Re: What Is It With Port-Harcourt Women And Money! Is It Normal? by kajad(m): 12:36pm On Apr 27, 2006
I feel you medube
Re: What Is It With Port-Harcourt Women And Money! Is It Normal? by Rottweiler(m): 12:51pm On Apr 27, 2006
@ MEDUBE

I only cited Friday as an example.

You must have attended an higher Institution or may be you are in one. Is your school devoid of such activities? Give us a frank answer but don't respond if you are in JEHOVAH WITNESS UNIVERSITY OR SHARIA SCHOOL OF THE FAITHFULS.

smiley cheesy grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Help!!! She Says She Will Marry Him If Only His Mother Is Dead! Advice Please / Can You Fall For Someone You've Never Met? / The Amount Of Times You Can Forgive A Cheating Spouse - Bamisepeter's Blog

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.