Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,019 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:49 AM

Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 (18158 Views)

Gulak, Ribadu Carpet Fintiri For Joining Adamawa Governorship Race / Soludo, Others Join Anambra Governorship Race / Keyamo Declares For 2015 Delta Governorship Race (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by chino11(m): 9:21pm On Dec 29, 2012
NRI PRIEST:

We don't need any Chime in Anambra. He is too slow for the dynamics of the Anambra politics. Let's see who APGA nominates first. As for Soludo and other big names they will be shocked if they remain with their respective parties. APGA has a very strong grassroot followership in Anambra.

nwanne mu I wonder oo..

Who is Sullivan? Was it not the same gov who has been away for 5months now. Has he achieved 1/10th of Obi's achievement. How many FDIs has he brought to his state? How has he tried to solve heavy unemployment plaguing enugu state today.

Anambra as the core SE state needs a caliber of a gov who can only be found in Anambra state and not elsewhere. For me the likes of Soludo, Nnamdi Uba, Dora, Ngige are the people to watch in 2014. Peter Obi is actually going for VP if not presidency in 2015. GEJ has marked him for either of the top jobs because of his closeness to Jonathan. Peter Obi has actually laid down the framework and foundation for speedy advancement of Anambra to be able to go up along side its two mates in Nigeria as Rivers and Lagos states.
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by chino11(m): 9:39pm On Dec 29, 2012
deshclones: Its a shame people are routing for ifeanyi uba,andy uba,nzeribe,annie okonkwo etc in a very important debate like this...do you guys even hv the interest of our state at heart??doesn't it bother u guys that once you cross the niger bridge from asaba into osha d air changes..everything becomes rowdy nd in total disorder..so you guys like the way Anambra is?kedu ihe n'eme unu self?unu adighi apuapu gaa be ndi ozo hu ka odi?? infact akpa amu unu there..All those supporting any candidate but Soludo are all enemies of Anambra state nay Ndigbo..Soludo is our sure bet to total transformation of our beloved state in all ramifications.economy,infrastructure,ambience etc...Ngige did only roads in his LGA neglecting other zones..Obi is busy building everything buildable in his beloved osha..neglecting Awka nd Nnewi..I always weep anytym I enter Awka..d town is a ghost town..more like a glorified LGA headquarters..nothing works..bad roads,refuse heaps everywhere.no night life..d whole town becomes deserted once its 7pm...soludo has d acumen,exposure,contacts to transform Anambra state..light of the entire black Nation..

My friend you are talking trash.

I live and work in Awka. Awka as a capital city has witnessed tremendous infrastructural development. Decent housing estates are springing up so fast like the Amansea est, Abuja est, Ngozika phase 1 & 1 etc. The town has night life that is comparable to what you have in PH. The hospitality industry in the city has doubled in the last few years. Place like Bamboo, Bejoy etc witness all nite activity, we are not talking about Hollywoods at Iyi-agu estate where people does not sleep at all. Even the popular Onitsha boys storm the town every weekend to jolly till their boss calls. Maybe you stay at the outskirt, next time you come to Awka alert me I will take you round, although as a married man not all the places that I can take you to cheesy.
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by chino11(m): 9:45pm On Dec 29, 2012
Syncan:

I will not join issues with you on the persons named. However since i asked questions earlier on Ngige's performance, it seems all those who sing his praises immediately went to sleep. I had actually expected someone to come to his defense with tangible evidence of achievements, things we can still see. I'm kind of disappointed right now because i was thinking i was missing something and would be enlightened more on his development strides. Anyway, on Obi,You agree that he is "busy building everything buildable in his beloved osha", that's state money being spent on the state. Now to Awka: not withstanding the hostile attitude of the Awka elites to the governor, which has led to disunity in their town as a result of the governor fighting back, Obi remained the only governor that has made the awka major road motor able. One will easily drive pass eke awka now without knowing he's passed. There is still a lot to be done with good thinking, waste collection points could be identified and residents made to bring out their waste only at certain times like towards the night, then its picked up first light by the waste companies for example. But I saw Amaku general hospital and my mouth was wide open for I had expected to hear people commending him for that.

On point. Anambra State University Teaching Hospital (Amaku) is a wonder to behold and people are not singing praises. Infact am yet to see any state teaching hospital around SE that can match what Obi built in Awka.
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by MrGlobe(m): 12:00am On Dec 30, 2012
chino11:

I live and work in Awka. Awka as a capital city has witnessed tremendous infrastructural development. Decent housing estates are springing up so fast like the Amansea est, Abuja est, Ngozika phase 1 & 1 etc. The town has night life that is comparable to what you have in PH. The hospitality industry in the city has doubled in the last few years. Place like Bamboo, Bejoy etc witness all nite activity, we are not talking about Hollywoods at Iyi-agu estate where people does not sleep at all. Even the popular Onitsha boys storm the town every weekend to jolly till their boss calls. Maybe you stay at the outskirt, next time you come to Awka alert me I will take you round, although as a married man not all the places that I can take you to cheesy.
how come there is dust everywhere in Awka, no good internal roads, All the roads are single lane and narrow. No plan, no beautification. The so called hotels are one star hotels, Awka is a village. Peter obi is sitting on the progress of Anambra state.
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by MrGlobe(m): 12:00am On Dec 30, 2012
chino11:

how come there is dust everywhere in Awka, no good internal roads, All the roads are single lane and narrow. No plan, no beautification. The so called hotels are one star hotels, Awka is a village. Peter obi is sitting on the progress of Anambra state.
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by Syncan(m): 7:40am On Dec 30, 2012
chino11:

Thanks for speaking up my friend. I no longer stay in Awka, but i like the fact that you mentioned verifiable places in your submission. Now we are talking facts and not name calling, based on rumors from rate collectors for Okada riders. I wish people of the state will start looking at issues in an enlightened manner befitting of the level of achievement made in human resource. Someone want Awka to be Dubai in 8yrs, and within the same period have a replica of twin towers built in Onitsha, while building the most solid underground tube transportation all over the state. Let's not forget that these developed places made progress even as they lay the second brick above the first. If I know how well or poorly this one has done, then i can choose and subsequently assess the next.
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by Syncan(m): 8:01am On Dec 30, 2012
Mr. Globe:

I'm at a loss about what to say to you here. Dust? Eliminate dust in Nigeria? Even Abuja is miles away from achieving such a feat. Your idea of no good internal roads is that they are constructed motor able, but single lane and narrow...apart from the fact that residents of half the number of states in the country will give an arm and a leg to have that in their place, have you considered that the number of roads needing rehabilitation and construction in the state, will not allow him waste fund in adequate compensation for demolitions if he had to pull down structures to expand roads. You've called him a thief and vision less in the thread, Imagine what you'll call him had he demolished structures without compensation. Hotels are one star...haba, build two star na and see if it will not stand. Must the government build it for you? Juhel has built a great factory and it's standing, Innoson has built a magnificient industry and it's there. You call queens suits one star right? Ok na. I just dey laugh and vex the same time, I no know what to say to you.
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by ijele(m): 8:40am On Dec 30, 2012
TEAM SENATOR ANDY UBA (for GOVERNOR 2014)
ABSTRACT
Senator Andy Uba’s Performance at the Senate - By 247ureports

The electoral victory of the senate seat representing the south senatorial district of Anambra State came as a long awaited august visitor for the former Senior Special Assistant on Domestic Matters to the former President of the federal republic of Nigeria, General Olusegun Obasanjo. The victory, to most informed observers, came at the sensitive end of a long drawn out battle for the opportunity to serve at a leadership capacity for Senator Andy Uba. The opportunity brought to a temporary close the passionate struggle for Senator Uba to join the political ranks in Anambra.

Mounting the seat of Senator representing the people of southern senatorial zone in Anambra State presented what many suspect may become a Greek gift to the Uga born politician while other believed the Uga born politician may have ability to deliver a stellar performance. As at the swearing in on 2011, many of the informed spectators were unsure of the form his senator-ship will take. But it was certain the eagerness on the part of the Uga born politician was solid.

Senator Andy Uba’s arrival to the senate saw him take on the position of Chairman of the Senate House committee of Electoral Matters – a sensitive position for a new incoming senator.

However a cursory examination into Senator Andy Uba’s performance measured in terms of his ability to cater to his constituency through developmental program – shows what appears a latent inclination towards a pragmatic transformation of Anambra southern senatorial district. This is evident through the number and nature of constituency projects housed in the same senatorial district. Examination of the 2012 Appropriation Bill confirms the ongoing pragmatic transformation.

According to the 2012 Appropriation Bill, N349.47million worth of projects were cleared to be carried out at the constituency represented by Senator Andy Uba – through the efforts of the Uga born politician. Specifically, the Anambra south senatorial district felt the impact of democratic dividends under five categories namely, Energy Commission, Education, Water Resources, Lands and Housing, and Millennium Development Goals [MGDs].

Energy Commission –

N78million worth of work project – that comprise of Solar Street lights:

Ekwulobia N16million

Okongwu Memorial, Nnewi North N12million

Umunze N10million

Ozubulu N10million

Eziama-Mgbachi Market N7million

Nanka/Oko/Omogho-Ufuma road N13million

Azigbo-Amichi/Ebanafor N10million

Education –

N43million worth of work project – that comprise of building of classroom blocks:

Nwagwa primary school Uga N12million

Obioha central school, Nnewi N5million

Community school, Umuomaku N5million

Premier [boys] secondary school, Ogbunka N5million

Gov’t technical college Umunze N5million

Central school, Adazigbo, Nnewi N5million

Girls secondary school, Ukpor N6million

Water Resources –

N42million worth of work project – that comprise of borehole installation and overhead tank:

St John Ekwulobia N10million

Nkwo Uga Market N5million

Nkwo Okija Market Square N9million

Isseke Central School N9million

Umuonyiba village, Ufuma N9million

Lands and Housing –

N105.5million worth of work project – that comprise of Transformers/Solar Street Lights/Classrooms:

500KVA Transformer at Aguluezechukwu N8.75million

500KVA Transformer at Nkpologwu N8.75million

Solar street light at Nnewi North N12million

Solar street light at Nnewi South N12million

Solar street light at Ekwusigo N12million

Classrooms/Staff rooms/Dinning at Ajalli N14.5million

Classrooms/Staff rooms/Dinning at Umunze N14.5million

Classrooms/Staff rooms/Dinning at Okija N14.5million

Classrooms/Staff rooms/Dinning at Ukpor N14.5million

Millennium Development Goals [MGDs] –

N80.97million worth of work project – that comprise of Transformers/Solar Street Lights/Classrooms:

500KVA Transformer at Umuowerre, Ekwulobia N7.5million

500KVA Transformer at Nkwo Market, Umunze N7.5million

500KVA Transformer at Iyaba Ngo Ozubulu N7.5million

500KVA Transformer at Mkpoka Okpuno, Nnewichi N7.5million

500KVA Transformer at Umobinwa/Egwe/Ogwu Umuagbuci N7.5million

500KVA Transformer at beside Ezinifite divisional police station

Enugwu-Awor N7.5million

3 classroom blocks with VIP toilets – Isigwu-Nwagu Central School.

Ifite Nanka N17.47million

Solar Street light – St Cletus Church road, Otolo, Nnewi N6million

Solar Street light – Umoru, Uga N6million

300KVA Transformer at Ohukabia, Nawfijah N6.5million

See enclosed document below for more detail
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by ijele(m): 9:12am On Dec 30, 2012
....Similarly, he(Senator Andy Uba) had sponsored a bill on delegated legislation (monitoring and control) 2012 SB173 which had its first reading as well as A bill for an Act to Amend the corrupt practices and other related offenses Act cap C31 LFN 2010 and for matters connected there within which also had its first reading.

However the stakeholders of Anambra South senatorial District also gave their voice to what they called the legislative mile stones of senator Andy Uba.

According to former chairman Aguata local government area Engr. Godwin Osele

“It is not in doubt that senator Uba has so far leaved up to expectations in several areas. A case in point is the electricity project which has also embarked on the sinking of water boreholes in all the rural communities and has also assisted in the renovation several schools in his senatorial district. We also know that as a lawmaker there are limitations but it is imperative to note that his position has attracted development from the federal government.

Similarly the senators oversight functions also tranvassed the rural areas in his district. Recently the  dreaded gully erosion cut off the Uga community in Aguata local government area and as such the families,Kit and Kins had to pass through the from the same Uga community.

During his visit, senator Uba lamented that the menace of gully erosion had become so bad that the federal government need to put Anambra state on the map of the worse hit in the area of natural disaster.

The community however expressed confident in senator Andy Uba’s ability in ensuring that the federal government intervians in the gully erosion menace and that that the Anambra, Imo States and the Federal Government would come to its aides before it becomes too late.

Speaking with reporters, senator Uba announced that he has already make a special representation with the federal government adding  that in no distant time work would start on it after settlement of the confusion over how the last contracts were awarded.

Similarly most dilapidated schools in the senatorial district had at one time or the other received the attention of the senator who has also provided water bore holes to private and mission schools in the area.

At a time the National flood disaster visited the coastal lines of Nigeria, Senator Uba had visited victims with donations and further promised that government would prepare a supplementary budget to assist the victims.

Speaking at a visit to the area Uba expressed shock at the level of devastation noting that the flooding in Kogi state is a mere child’s play   compared to the one in Anmabra State.

“This is shocking and frustrating. When we heard about Kogi flooding we thought that it was the largest what we have seen in Ogbaru and Anambra East, Anambra West, Ayamelu areas is very pathetic compared to what we saw in Kogi.

“In this years budget what we have for these areas is small so we are going to push for a review of the allocation in view of their present circumstances.

Through his tenure as a senator is yet to be completed most of his senatorial district members are already clamoring for his participation in the 2014 gubernatorial election

The Communities in Aguata, Orumba North and Orumba South local government areas have unanimously insisted that they would produce the next governor of Anambra state come 2014 gubernatorial election.

The area comprising of all political stakeholders across all political parties during a thank-you rally organized by the senator representing Anambra South District Chief Andy Uba endorsed him as their candidate for the 2014 election.

Already election posters of senator Andy Uba has already taken over the streets of Awka Capital suggestive of this area move to enthrone one of their own as the next governor of Anambra State.

Speaking on behalf of the stakeholders chief Vin Okafor told reporters that “this is our resolution. Every governor that comes into office has been through the instrumentality of the old Aguata union comprising of Aguata, Orumba south and Orumba North local government area and this time around we are supporting our own brother senator Andy Uba.

“We are giving Anambra state the best and are man made in the capacity of Uba has never been a failure all his life.”

Speaking at the thank you rally, senator Uba noted that “what happened at the re-run election was a further manifestation of that love and support that the Anambra South has for me. Even when we are in court challenging the ruling of the Appeal Court our opponents were busy campaigning and despite all that they did, the people of Anambra South said for the second time that I am the candidate they want.

“So I have come to thank my people for electing me again as their senator. As a matter of fact, the issue is over and we are looking up for greater challenges ahead. We are now looking at what happens in 2014 and by the special grace of God Anambra would see governance at its best. This is not a declaration for now but I know that the mandate given to me by Anambra people in 2007 would surely come back to me for the service of the people.”

Also speaking, the members representing Orumba North and south federal constituency and that of Aguata federal constituency chief Ben Nwankwo and mrs. Eucharia Azodo noted that the personality of Andy Uba is one that is acceptable by the entire Anambra State, adding that come 2014, Anambra State would [b][/b]witness great change
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by ijele(m): 9:13am On Dec 30, 2012
....Similarly, he(Senator Andy Uba) had sponsored a bill on delegated legislation (monitoring and control) 2012 SB173 which had its first reading as well as A bill for an Act to Amend the corrupt practices and other related offenses Act cap C31 LFN 2010 and for matters connected there within which also had its first reading.

However the stakeholders of Anambra South senatorial District also gave their voice to what they called the legislative mile stones of senator Andy Uba.

According to former chairman Aguata local government area Engr. Godwin Osele

“It is not in doubt that senator Uba has so far leaved up to expectations in several areas. A case in point is the electricity project which has also embarked on the sinking of water boreholes in all the rural communities and has also assisted in the renovation several schools in his senatorial district. We also know that as a lawmaker there are limitations but it is imperative to note that his position has attracted development from the federal government.

Similarly the senators oversight functions also tranvassed the rural areas in his district. Recently the  dreaded gully erosion cut off the Uga community in Aguata local government area and as such the families,Kit and Kins had to pass through the from the same Uga community.

During his visit, senator Uba lamented that the menace of gully erosion had become so bad that the federal government need to put Anambra state on the map of the worse hit in the area of natural disaster.

The community however expressed confident in senator Andy Uba’s ability in ensuring that the federal government intervians in the gully erosion menace and that that the Anambra, Imo States and the Federal Government would come to its aides before it becomes too late.

Speaking with reporters, senator Uba announced that he has already make a special representation with the federal government adding  that in no distant time work would start on it after settlement of the confusion over how the last contracts were awarded.

Similarly most dilapidated schools in the senatorial district had at one time or the other received the attention of the senator who has also provided water bore holes to private and mission schools in the area.

At a time the National flood disaster visited the coastal lines of Nigeria, Senator Uba had visited victims with donations and further promised that government would prepare a supplementary budget to assist the victims.

Speaking at a visit to the area Uba expressed shock at the level of devastation noting that the flooding in Kogi state is a mere child’s play   compared to the one in Anmabra State.

“This is shocking and frustrating. When we heard about Kogi flooding we thought that it was the largest what we have seen in Ogbaru and Anambra East, Anambra West, Ayamelu areas is very pathetic compared to what we saw in Kogi.

“In this years budget what we have for these areas is small so we are going to push for a review of the allocation in view of their present circumstances.

Through his tenure as a senator is yet to be completed most of his senatorial district members are already clamoring for his participation in the 2014 gubernatorial election

The Communities in Aguata, Orumba North and Orumba South local government areas have unanimously insisted that they would produce the next governor of Anambra state come 2014 gubernatorial election.

The area comprising of all political stakeholders across all political parties during a thank-you rally organized by the senator representing Anambra South District Chief Andy Uba endorsed him as their candidate for the 2014 election.

Already election posters of senator Andy Uba has already taken over the streets of Awka Capital suggestive of this area move to enthrone one of their own as the next governor of Anambra State.

Speaking on behalf of the stakeholders chief Vin Okafor told reporters that “this is our resolution. Every governor that comes into office has been through the instrumentality of the old Aguata union comprising of Aguata, Orumba south and Orumba North local government area and this time around we are supporting our own brother senator Andy Uba.

“We are giving Anambra state the best and are man made in the capacity of Uba has never been a failure all his life.”

Speaking at the thank you rally, senator Uba noted that “what happened at the re-run election was a further manifestation of that love and support that the Anambra South has for me. Even when we are in court challenging the ruling of the Appeal Court our opponents were busy campaigning and despite all that they did, the people of Anambra South said for the second time that I am the candidate they want.

“So I have come to thank my people for electing me again as their senator. As a matter of fact, the issue is over and we are looking up for greater challenges ahead. We are now looking at what happens in 2014 and by the special grace of God Anambra would see governance at its best. This is not a declaration for now but I know that the mandate given to me by Anambra people in 2007 would surely come back to me for the service of the people.”

Also speaking, the members representing Orumba North and south federal constituency and that of Aguata federal constituency chief Ben Nwankwo and mrs. Eucharia Azodo noted that the personality of Andy Uba is one that is acceptable by the entire Anambra State, adding that come 2014, Anambra State would witness great change
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by MrGlobe(m): 10:41am On Dec 30, 2012
Syncan:

I'm at a loss about what to say to you here. Dust? Eliminate dust in Nigeria? Even Abuja is miles away from achieving such a feat. Your idea of no good internal roads is that they are constructed motor able, but single lane and narrow...apart from the fact that residents of half the number of states in the country will give an arm and a leg to have that in their place, have you considered that the number of roads needing rehabilitation and construction in the state, will not allow him waste fund in adequate compensation for demolitions if he had to pull down structures to expand roads. You've called him a thief and vision less in the thread, Imagine what you'll call him had he demolished structures without compensation. Hotels are one star...haba, build two star na and see if it will not stand. Must the government build it for you? Juhel has built a great factory and it's standing, Innoson has built a magnificient industry and it's there. You call queens suits one star right? Ok na. I just dey laugh and vex the same time, I no know what to say to you.
lol... it must really suck trying to defend a non performer.I was once in Awka sometime this year when I arrived Anambra State I was ashamed. Peter Obi should be. ashamed of himself for ruling from that village if he has any dignity. The whole state looks governed by a tout and illiterate. unplanned, no law and order.

Talking about dust, am talking dust from untared roads not weather. So many internal untared road in the state. Even the road to the so called queen suites where I lodged briefly was sorry and dusty. Why has your greedy master refused to conduct LG election in 8 years that would ve aided in grassroot development. If obi is afraid of demolition of illegal structures to restore sanity in the city then he is more daft than I thought. Perhaps you don't know how wide double lane roads can boost a place economically. use the enugu Osha expressway as your case study.

Obi is a failure, visionless and petty minded. Governance is not about painting one classroom block in all schools. Go to Rivers.
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by MrGlobe(m): 10:52am On Dec 30, 2012
I'm impressed with my brother Andy uba's work so far going by his projects above. I believe he has good intentions for the state but these myopic people will not give him a chance because of his brother who does not have any effect on him. It should be noted that Andy under 2 weeks in office awarded the contract for Anambra Airport a needful project which the sadist Peter Obi canceled.

Am supporting soludo because he is more pragmatic, exposed and ambitious and am all for the progress of the state. but if he does not enter the ring, Andy has my support. Soludo should take this election seriously
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by Syncan(m): 12:08pm On Dec 30, 2012
Mr. Globe:

lol... it must really suck trying to defend a non performer.I was once in Awka sometime this year when I arrived Anambra State I was ashamed. Peter Obi should be. ashamed of himself for ruling from that village if he has any dignity. The whole state looks governed by a tout and illiterate. unplanned, no law and order.

Talking about dust, am talking dust from untared roads not weather. So many internal untared road in the state. Even the road to the so called queen suites where I lodged briefly was sorry and dusty. Why has your greedy master refused to conduct LG election in 8 years that would ve aided in grassroot development. If obi is afraid of demolition of illegal structures to restore sanity in the city then he is more daft than I thought. Perhaps you don't know how wide double lane roads can boost a place economically. use the enugu Osha expressway as your case study.

Obi is a failure, visionless and petty minded. Governance is not about painting one classroom block in all schools. Go to Rivers.

You like to use provocative insinuations in your speech, even to someone you hardly know, however I'll continue to speak my mind without distractions. You were ashamed when you came home because it was better when you left right? "So many Internal untarred road in the state", Anambra is still part of Nigeria, if other states also have "many internal untarred roads", then we should measure performance with how many that were tarred, and not the many untarred. Finance is majorly a factor here,if wishes were horses,even beggars will ride. Nigeria presently spend her budget with 70% going to recurrent expenditure like salaries, day to day logistics etc. This leaves just less than 20% of her budget for capital expenditure, I guess you listened to the CBN governor talk of reducing workforce(though i do not agree it's the solution). Do not live in denial while expecting the states to be in a better situation, else you'll continue to bad mouth every body that comes in there. By rivers, do you mean river state? What is river state figure in the 13% derivation, which Anambra does not share in. Now river state governor built schools, did yo see the extent it prevented him from giving his people good roads? Or do you think he didn't want good roads in his state? You simply cannot eat your cake and have it. Money spent on something cannot be retrieved to be spent on another. Enugu - Onitsha express way is a federal road which is presently under construction by the state government after obtaining permission from the federal. I saw construction work ongoing myself. Not demolishing the houses at this point is good thinking for me, connect all communities with good roads and then go over to city beautification of capital. Good governance is not all about making a mega city while the other communities are swallowed up in neglect. Anambra is coming out from a state of decay, and Obi has put his foot prints in the sand of time there, as a catalyst for development. No LG elections, I agree with you in totality there, as no one has been able to convince me of the reason for that, yes it is a sour point, he cannot be flawless. Government is a continuum, one lays the foundation, another builds on it. What we need is ogiga and Anambra state has moved under this regime. He is a failure....? By all means NO.
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by Sealeddeal(m): 1:01pm On Dec 30, 2012
Mr. Globe:
I'm impressed with my brother Andy uba's work so far going by his projects above. I believe he has good intentions for the state but these myopic people will not give him a chance because of his brother who does not have any effect on him. It should be noted that Andy under 2 weeks in office awarded the contract for Anambra Airport a needful project which the sadist Peter Obi canceled.

Am supporting soludo because he is more pragmatic, exposed and ambitious and am all for the progress of the state. but if he does not enter the ring, Andy has my support. Soludo should take this election seriously
next time,if you wish to discuss anambra,you ask those that lives in anambra and know what happens there.Do not be carried away by rhetorics and inordinate expectations.i wish the person that wrote those nonsense about Andy Ubah will show us pictures of the things he claimed Andy did for his senatorial zone.i live in nnewi and have not seen any development credited to Andy ubah.Andy Ubah almost sold state hotel,Ikenga hotel,within his two weeks stay in govt house and you think thats what anambra need.Andy Ubah awarded construction of international airport in two weeks and you have not used your head to know what it means.Even road construction cannot be awarded in two weeks in govt.Award of Niger bridge is still being studied and someone awarded airport in 2weeks of stay in govt and you dont know the meaning.thats the way Mbadinuju created 3 more Local council two days before he handed over. From your assesment of govt,i just discovered that leadership is actually a gift and you do not have that gift because if you do,you will understand when someone leads you well.
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by Syncan(m): 1:44pm On Dec 30, 2012
Sealeddeal: next time,if you wish to discuss anambra,you ask those that lives in anambra and know what happens there.Do not be carried away by rhetorics and inordinate expectations.i wish the person that wrote those nonsense about Andy Ubah will show us pictures of the things he claimed Andy did for his senatorial zone.i live in nnewi and have not seen any development credited to Andy ubah.Andy Ubah almost sold state hotel,Ikenga hotel,within his two weeks stay in govt house and you think thats what anambra need.Andy Ubah awarded construction of international airport in two weeks and you have not used your head to know what it means.Even road construction cannot be awarded in two weeks in govt.Award of Niger bridge is still being studied and someone awarded airport in 2weeks of stay in govt and you dont know the meaning.thats the way Mbadinuju created 3 more Local council two days before he handed over. From your assesment of govt,i just discovered that leadership is actually a gift and you do not have that gift because if you do,you will understand when someone leads you well.

Nwanne, Ike gwulu. You're simply blunt and frank in your submission and i sense your irritation at obvious display of lack of substance.It's quite appalling that this man who took Anambrarians for a ride, posting outrageous and phantom figures as votes won, in an election many did not vote including the incumbent governor,went ahead and became an impostor in a position that was not vacant in the first place, could be hailed as a saint here. Ihe na-eme anyi si anyi na-aka. Okwu gi kwu ka siga biko.
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by Sealeddeal(m): 3:31pm On Dec 30, 2012
Syncan:

Nwanne, Ike gwulu. You're simply blunt and frank in your submission and i sense your irritation at obvious display of lack of substance.It's quite appalling that this man who took Anambrarians for a ride, posting outrageous and phantom figures as votes won, in an election many did not vote including the incumbent governor,went ahead and became an impostor in a position that was not vacant in the first place, could be hailed as a saint here. Ihe na-eme anyi si anyi na-aka. Okwu gi kwu ka siga biko.
...Nwanne,i tire for the man.Ihe i kwuru bu eziokwu,'ihe na-eme anyi si anyi n'aka'.
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by chino11(m): 9:54pm On Dec 30, 2012
Syncan:

I don't know why Mr. GLOBE has chosen to be used by enemies. Dr. Andy Uba is from my town Uga, he is my kinsman. I should support him first before anyone else. But I have also seen the good works of Obi. Obi has drawn major economic players to Anambra and as at now more are still trooping to the state. If not for anything Obi was instrumental to coming on stream of Orient Petroleum and listing Anambra as an oil producing state, which OBJ couldn't do for Ndigbo. Obi brought Sabmiller, Krisoral Group, Orange Drugs etc. that has provided the much needed employment in Anambra. Obi has laid the framework for economic advancement of Anambra to join its leagues and economic mates as River and Lagos state. Infact am a direct beneficiary of it, my in-law got the high paying job at Orient Petroleum Refinery here in Awka. I have a cousin and a friend that got jobs at SABMILLER in Onitsha. You can see it goes round, one way or the other it will affect you. In the same vein so many other families are also beneficiaries.
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by vanbonattel: 10:02pm On Dec 30, 2012
Charles C. Soludo for governor!
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by Nobody: 10:06pm On Dec 30, 2012
Crayola1 for governor!! cool
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by vanbonattel: 10:07pm On Dec 30, 2012
chino11:

nwanne mu I wonder oo..

Who is Sullivan? Was it not the same gov who has been away for 5months now. Has he achieved 1/10th of Obi's achievement. How many FDIs has he brought to his state? How has he tried to solve heavy unemployment plaguing enugu state today.

Anambra as the core SE state needs a caliber of a gov who can only be found in Anambra state and not elsewhere. For me the likes of Soludo, Nnamdi Uba, Dora, Ngige are the people to watch in 2014. Peter Obi is actually going for VP if not presidency in 2015. GEJ has marked him for either of the top jobs because of his closeness to Jonathan. Peter Obi has actually laid down the framework and foundation for speedy advancement of Anambra to be able to go up along side its two mates in Nigeria as Rivers and Lagos states.

The truth is..........

There has never been an Anambra Governor that will be up to Jim, Chimaroke or Sullivan.

All you guys has been able to muster are mere charlatans and mediocres in the midst of plenty of human resources. Una dey craze? Cant you see? Is there any of you that is not ashamed of your dirty Onitsha or Awka village? Upon all una blessings in markets and parks, rich towns and billionairs and you are still the second to last Igbo state, only beating Abia only!
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by vanbonattel: 10:11pm On Dec 30, 2012
chino11:

I don't know why Mr. GLOBE has chosen to be used by enemies. Dr. Andy Uba is from my town Uga, he is my kinsman. I should support him first before anyone else. But I have also seen the good works of Obi. Obi has drawn major economic players to Anambra and as at now more are still trooping to the state. If not for anything Obi was instrumental to coming on stream of Orient Petroleum and listing Anambra as an oil producing state, which OBJ couldn't do for Ndigbo. Obi brought Sabmiller, Krisoral Group, Orange Drugs etc. that has provided the much needed employment in Anambra. Obi has laid the framework for economic advancement of Anambra to join its leagues and economic mates as River and Lagos state. Infact am a direct beneficiary of it, my in-law got the high paying job at Orient Petroleum Refinery here in Awka. I have a cousin and a friend that got jobs at SABMILLER in Onitsha. You can see it goes round, one way or the other it will affect you. In the same vein so many other families are also beneficiaries.

I understand you, as your kinsman he must have grabbed una lands and bleeped a lot of your relatives. Sorry but Obi is a glorified failure.
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by MrGlobe(m): 1:20am On Dec 31, 2012
van bonattel:

I understand you, as your kinsman he must have grabbed una lands and bleeped a lot of your relatives. Sorry but Obi is a glorified failure.
My brother andy has done none of that. lol. and then obi is not a glorified failure, he is a plain failure. This explains why he was unable to win a single senatorial seat in the last election with all his rigging and mago mago. From my findings, in the streets of Anambra everybody is disappointed for associating with him in the first place. Ngige could have continued. The state would have gone far. Even the few projects he's managed to deliver are all substandard. Peter obi is a waste of 8 years. His style of governance reeks illiteracy, no vision, greed, selfishness, petty, no plan, no ambition. He is only glorified by his paid sycophants on nairaland.
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by chino11(m): 3:31am On Dec 31, 2012
van bonattel:

The truth is..........

There has never been an Anambra Governor that will be up to Jim, Chimaroke or Sullivan.

All you guys has been able to muster are mere charlatans and mediocres in the midst of plenty of human resources. Una dey craze? Cant you see? Is there any of you that is not ashamed of your dirty Onitsha or Awka village? Upon all una blessings in markets and parks, rich towns and billionairs and you are still the second to last Igbo state, only beating Abia only!

You must be out of mind to say that. The same road that was constructed in enugu in 50s was the same road chimaroke and chime used to deceive you guys. Grow up, enugu state is a huge failure, the measure of governance is not based on the resurfacing few roads withing the urban center. Have you bothered to go to rural enugu state and see for yourself.

Did I hear you say we muster charlatan? Hmmmm..FYI: Anambra is the standard for measuring leaders not even in the east but Nigeria as a whole. Anambra has members even in the UK parliament and German govts (go and verify). A popular UK Parliamentarian Chuka Umunna is from Awka; can enugu state ever imagine or come near to that? Anambra are the only Igbos that Nigeria knows about; because we produced the first president (Zik), the first VP (Ekwueme), the first Senate President (Orizu) and first Speaker (Umezuoke). Can you ever imagine the above feat. Anambra people ruled over old Anambra state until when they divided the state into two.

I tell you enugu state does not have anything whatsoever for anyone to be proud of, the last time I checked enugu was a disaster with the roads umkept, garbage all over the place and weeds growing in the streets. Enugu state is over 100 years but there is nothing to show for it, the state is deserted and poverty reigns supreme. No investor has come into the state in the last 50yrs, prove me wrong bro. The only investment was in coal, but they have since abandoned the state. I want you gullibles to post pictures of rural enugu state. Post the roads at Nsukka, Udi, Oji river etc. Those areas are all cut off as far the state is concern.

Just go back to the 'enugu thread' once again see the latest pictures as posted by ACM10, then you would have agreed with me.
The major cities of Anambra has UN Habitat master plan that is being gradually implemented in Onitsha, Nnewi and Awka. major high-ways are being reconstructed and remodeled, from Head Bridge to Awka end of the road. Awka is gradually being repositioned, I know all these because I live and work in the city. Things are seen happening in Anambra, investors are trooping to the state. How many people has come to your enugu state to invest even in pure-water business not to talk of $100 Million Dollar investment? Presently Awka has some of best hospitality industry even surpassing your enugu, even though its just about 20years old since creation. The fact is that Anambra is to the SE what lagos is to the SW and Rivers to the SS respectively. Its not chest-beating but mere facts.

Jim was a criminal who was sent on political and economic exile since 2002 and his bank (SAVANAH) wrecked by OBJ grin . Chimarole is a born arm-robber and at the same time a madman. It was confirmed early in his administration though you gullibles went ahead to re-elect him, he still a constant visitor to EFCC for stealing enugu state blind and putting alot of foreign and national debt on the state. Most of his stolen wealth has been confiscated by EFCC cheesy. The sulivan has been AWOL, in and out of India for reasons we don't know. But at the end of the day all that he claimed to have built will still be like in the days of Chimaroke. Show me one Enugu state notable politician of a national standard that can match the least Anambra politician and elite..none. You guys are mediocres, timids, local and above all backward, even in your thinking.
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by chino11(m): 5:25am On Dec 31, 2012
THE BELOW SHOULD BE UNA PROBLEM AND NOT POKING YOUR NOSE ELSEWHERE cheesy cheesy

Enugu State Governor, Mr. Sullivan Chime, who has been away from the state for about four months may return to the country by the middle of January, it was learnt Sunday.

THISDAY gathered that his planned return was to stop the gathering campaign by some stakeholders in the state to make the House of Assembly to impeach him.

However, one of the suspected arrowheads of the impeachment plot, Senator Gilbert Nnaji, who chairs the Senate committee on Communication, has denied being part of meeting where the possible impeachment of the embattled governor was discussed.

THISDAY checks revealed that series of meetings have been heldbetween and among different groups on how to lobby the state lawmakers to commence impeachment moves against the governor, having “remained incommunicado” for over 100 days.

A source close to the governor told THISDAY that efforts are currently being made to discharge the governor from a London hospital where he is currently being treated of a yet-to-be ascertained ailment, in bid to stop the plot to remove him from office.

“I can assure you that the governor will most likely be in the state before January 15, 2013. Though, he has not fully recovered, the reason is to bring him back so he could continue with his treatment here in the state.

“Also, by the time he comes back, all these rumours about his health conditions would have been laid to rest,” the source said.
Nnaji, who is being touted as leader of the impeachment group, Sunday said he was not part of a purported meeting where issues on the possible removal of the governor were discussed.

It was gathered that some politicians had met under the umbrella of the Ebeano political family, to discuss the seeming lull in government occasioned by the absence of the governor for about four months and plan a possible way out.

Investigations showed that the group has been lobbying principal officers of the state House of Assembly to impeach Chime.

The lawmakers, under the leadership of the Speaker, Hon. Eugene Odoh, were however said to be divided over the impeachment moves. The speaker was said to have acknowledged receiving many petitions urging the House to impeach the governor having left the state for so long without giving any clue as to his whereabouts.

Though, it was initially rumoured that Nnaji being a founding member of the Ebeano group, established and nurtured by Chime’s predecessor, Dr Chimaroke Nnamani, initiated the impeachment meeting, the senator denied it in a press statement.

“For the avoidance of doubt, I did not attend any meeting where Governor Sullivan Chime was the subject, particularly during this period of his vacation. I am rather preoccupied with the challenge of continued effective and responsive representation of my constituency,” he stated.

Chime had been away from the state since September 19, 2012 when he purportedly transmitted a letter to the House of Assembly informing the lawmakers of his intention to begin his annual leave and accordingly informing them that his deputy, Mr. Sunday Onyebuchi, would function as acting governor in his absence

http://www.thisdayonline.com/
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by chino11(m): 5:25am On Dec 31, 2012
Look at the highlighted, another yardua style arrangment..
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by Syncan(m): 8:32am On Dec 31, 2012
chino11: Look at the highlighted, another yardua style arrangment..

Did you really respond to that Enugu state man? You've indeed dignified him, he must be feeling elated now. It's the same noise everywhere, a governor comes, concentrates on the same things the predecessor did in the capital, and all hail him as the best. Enugu state human resource compared to Anambra's...I think you've said enough.
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by Syncan(m): 9:10am On Dec 31, 2012
Mr. Globe:

My brother andy has done none of that. lol. and then obi is not a glorified failure, he is a plain failure. This explains why he was unable to win a single senatorial seat in the last election with all his rigging and mago mago. From my findings, in the streets of Anambra everybody is disappointed for associating with him in the first place. Ngige could have continued. The state would have gone far. Even the few projects he's managed to deliver are all substandard. Peter obi is a waste of 8 years. His style of governance reeks illiteracy, no vision, greed, selfishness, petty, no plan, no ambition. He is only glorified by his paid sycophants on nairaland.

Sir, take a look at the various things claimed to have been done by this governor and dispute them na, what is your yardstick of judging performance apart from illusions,You keep making assertions, yet neither denying the works of Obi, nor have you told us what Ngige did to deserve your canonizing him. Obi's leadership style is acclaimed the most frugal. He limits himself to what is available to him and not to plunge the state into huge debts from loans. Many states are mortgaging the future of their children through outrageous loans that are grossly mismanaged in the end, yet we hail their governors for the infinitesimal and non profitable projects they execute from selling our children's future. Here is a governor who considers present and future while making decisions and someone calls him vision less, I wonder what vision means to you. We like to be deceived...probably because we've been deceived for a long time. We want Awka to suddenly become Lagos, despite how long it has taken Lagos to be here; do you know how much in debt Lagos is and how they hope to pay up? Obi does not believe in such and he is right not to because that's what he promised in his manifesto. I remember seeing one of his bill boards(which actually stayed up too long to become a nuisance)and it said something about stopping the mortgaging of our children's future if elected. Condemnation is cheap, when it is done irrationally, it is called petty. you have to put this in mind yourself.
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by chino11(m): 9:46am On Dec 31, 2012
Syncan:

Did you really respond to that Enugu state man? You've indeed dignified him, he must be feeling elated now. It's the same noise everywhere, a governor comes, concentrates on the same things the predecessor did in the capital, and all hail him as the best. Enugu state human resource compared to Anambra's...I think you've said enough.

grin grin grin grin You know nwanne, they always feel belonged each time we Anambrans talk to them, they feel better..Its well

As for Mr.Globe he is our brother, I sometimes subscribe to his views but not when he attacks Obi without looking to see so many other good works he has done also. From all indications Obi has set the framework for speedy advancement of Anambra. He has equally made Anambra an investment haven and first choice both for foreign and local investors.

Sen. Uba, he talked about is my brother from same town(Uga) as me, but that will not stop me from seeing the goods works Obi has done. Andy is in my mind as well, but I will be his card carrying member, if for any reason he contest and wins and performs very well too. But I will not stick to an idea that, because he is my town's man I will hold onto the believe that he is the best candidate. Ngige also is another good candidate Anambra parades just like Soludo and Akunyili. The fact is that Anambra has too many over qualified candidates, the problem now is how to choose between them.
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by ACM10: 10:06am On Dec 31, 2012
chino11:
Just go back to the 'enugu thread' once again see the latest pictures as posted by ACM10, then you would have agreed with me.
The major cities of Anambra has UN Habitat master plan that is being gradually implemented in Onitsha, Nnewi and Awka. major high-ways are being reconstructed and remodeled, from Head Bridge to Awka end of the road. Awka is gradually being repositioned, I know all these because I live and work in the city. Things are seen happening in Anambra, investors are trooping to the state. How many people has come to your enugu state to invest even in pure-water business not to talk of $100 Million Dollar investment? Presently Awka has some of best hospitality industry even surpassing your enugu, even though its just about 20years old since creation. The fact is that Anambra is to the SE what lagos is to the SW and Rivers to the SS respectively. Its not chest-beating but mere facts.
Nwannem na wa for u o! Why bring my revered handle into this? sad Take kwa your time o. I am only posting it the way I see it. Enugu looks more beautiful than any where in Anambra nonetheless cool
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by chino11(m): 10:42am On Dec 31, 2012
ACM10:
Nwannem na wa for u o! Why bring my revered handle into this? sad Take kwa your time o. I am only posting it the way I see it. Enugu looks more beautiful than any where in Anambra nonetheless cool

Well its not fight nwanne. You are true nwafor anambra. cheesy
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by Syncan(m): 11:41am On Dec 31, 2012
ACM10:

Nwanne no vex, I believe you posted it to be seen and that's why he referred those who've not seen it to take a look. I actually lived and schooled in Enugu for about four years in the late eighties so i know what the capital looks like even then. Expecting Awka, or indeed any city in Anambra, to beat Enugu capital city in Obi's tenure and still achieve modestly in order areas of governance is fool hardy. This is Awka, where a cab finds difficult to navigate through the path-like roads when Mollue buses were already plying Enugu roads,Awka was still a rural area when Enugu became a metropolitan for goodness sake, why on earth will someone compare both or expect Awka to be like Enugu in 8yrs of governance even with the wealth of Qatar. I see Awka growing steadily, I saw the developments made on the other side of the Onitsha-Enugu express way i.e Ifite, Okpuno, Unizk temporary site area,etc.This is a town i spent 5yrs in the 90s and have continued to visit often. There's been great improvement I say, there is still much that could be achieved even before the end of this regime, but i will not day dream.
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by vanbonattel: 11:53am On Dec 31, 2012
@ chino,

Really, there is no need comparing light and darkness. I may not be an Anambra or Enugu indegene but the world is a global village where every little fact is out in the open for people to see. Imo, Enugu and Ebonyi are beating Anambra state hands down right now in terms of every developmental indices used to judge good governance. I was surprised at even Ebonyi that people criticise, and the efforts of Elechi and co.

Coming to Anambra, I am ashamed each time the state is mentioned. Maybe the state is not very backward in comparison with many nigerian states, but the expectations here are so high that the current state of things is a crying shame. The human and material blessing of the state has not started to reflect as benefits to the common man. The only thing that is saving this government is the various philantropic acts of so many rich people in the state. Obi has done nothing as a governor, except making noise and investing in fidelity bank and beer factory. I have relatives that are from this state.

THere is little wonder why Enugu stste is the home of rich anambra people. The secret is infrastructure and security. Chime comes top in infrastructural achievements, maybe Rochas even beats him in that. Obi has done nothing, I repeat, nothing to justify his 8 years. word on the street is that ojukwu was the only reason obi still stays as governor. The ikemba asked the FG to just leave his state for him to control, and that is why Good people were manipulatively removed or frustrated in the elections. The fame of Ngige looms large here, obi is just a paper tiger.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

MEND’s Adoption Of Buhari Inconsequential – Ijaw Youths / Tribunal In Ogun Nullifies Segun Adekoya, PDP Reps Member’s Election / Fulani Herdsmen Invade Enugu Community Kill Two, 19 Missing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 181
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.