Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:52 PM

Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 (18152 Views)

Gulak, Ribadu Carpet Fintiri For Joining Adamawa Governorship Race / Soludo, Others Join Anambra Governorship Race / Keyamo Declares For 2015 Delta Governorship Race (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by Rhino5dm: 10:17pm On Dec 26, 2012
Caught pants down and still lying? Fool!.

Mr. Globe:

grin grin

I meant political parties not business empires. ACN is still personality - thiefumbu.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by Sunofgod(m): 10:42pm On Dec 26, 2012
Soludo - Very Arrogant; Failed last time after being heavily backed finacially.

Ngige - No way under the ACN banner.(He stands more chance under PPA)

Dora - Anambra wouldn't elect a female governor

Andy Uba - Dark Horse; Depends if he at peace with his brothers who are also 'Dark Characters'.

Ifeanyi Ubah - Shot down before the start; No subsidy money to splash around.
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by gbanikiti(m): 10:52pm On Dec 26, 2012
Yes o! NGIGE or anambra remains governless!
Rhino.5dm:
Sai Chris Ngige 2014 cool
kiss
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by salam001(m): 11:21pm On Dec 26, 2012
Ngige,Ngige, Ngige kan'yi ga so mo ne jeje mo na nana Ngige,kanyi ga so,abeg nobody should Mention Akunyili there please
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by Afam4eva(m): 11:23pm On Dec 26, 2012
I just hope Andy Uba does not contest. That guy has nothing to offer Anambra.
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by Onlytruth(m): 1:34am On Dec 27, 2012
Sun of god: Soludo - Very Arrogant; Failed last time after being heavily backed finacially.

Andy Uba - Dark Horse; Depends if he at peace with his brothers who are also 'Dark Characters'.

You seem to be secretly supporting this "dark" horse. cheesy
You forget something though. . . Anambra state is the LIGHT of the nation.
Remember that darkness and light NEVER mix. wink
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by Onlytruth(m): 1:38am On Dec 27, 2012
My Candidate --> CHARLES CHUKWUMA SOLUDO: the man with the vision, intelligence, and drive to create a 21 century space in Africa.
He would make a GREAT Nigerian PRESIDENT though; but I can accept to let him start at state levels first.

Soludo, the solution.
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by Slizbeat(m): 3:53am On Dec 27, 2012
My dad would be the best to lead Ndi Anambra. On a serious note, let Soludo get the ticket, massive votes would float in 4 him. It would be cool if Dora could be his Deputy, what a nice collabo.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by seanet01: 6:05am On Dec 27, 2012
afam4eva: ^^ I really didn't have the opportunity to assess Ngige in his short stint as governor but a lot of Ndi Anambra seem to believe he did really well. Although i don't know what they're basing it on. I just want someone in the mold of Donald duke or even Fashola for Anambra. My personal choice is Soludo.
hum, so you actually like Fashola?
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by mensdept: 6:10am On Dec 27, 2012
The most important thing is that the vote is free and fair. The peoples vote must stand.

Obviously PDP has been rigging elections throught the country (especially in the Eastern States) which of course brings leaders like Theo Orji, and former thugs like Udenwa, Orji Kalu, Nnamani, Odili, Attah, and Ibori who all, could not build one single Hospital of international standard.

So far, Peter Obi was the peoples choice (nearly robbed by Ngige and his cohorts) and has been very average. Yet that very average is better than a candidate rigged in by the PDP
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by seanet01: 6:25am On Dec 27, 2012
PointB: Whatever Ngige did in Anambra was to avoid the booby traps set for him by Obj, who was after him. Under that circumstance, Ngige had no choice than to spend Anambra's money in Anambra. Given a level playing ground, I doubt he will deliver much.

I think Anambra state deserves someone like Soludo or Dora Akunyili. But I rather see Soludo go for President or Finance Minister. The guy is a visionary and an astute manager!
Can you see your hypocrisy?
You did admitted that Ngige performed but to twist the brain of clueless people you said he performed because obj laid some bobby trap, what nonsense?
The pdp governors that obj did not set bobby trap for, what was their performance?
I knew why you hated to see Ngige again as governor,
Its because of the same man you have always been paranoid of. The Acceptance of Tinubu as a Politically Vibrant and Dogged fighter by the east as a possible mean to get reasonable clues from in dislodging reckless governors is the beginning of Political Liberation of the east!

1 Like

Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by Sealeddeal(m): 8:41am On Dec 27, 2012
APGA has shown its readiness to place anambra among the fastest developing states in nigeria with the enormous and bright display of serious leadership by Gov.Peter Obi and i suggest that anambra APGA should present another candidate for anambra guber 2014 who will most probably,win.
ACN-Ngige will surely emerge from this party and he is a candidate to beat.Ofcourse,if u go across anambra central,Ngige is on many people's lips.however,the event of senatorial election of 2011 has clearly shown that he(Ngige) will hardly win in his own zone.
PDP-Andy Ubah,Chukwuma Soludo,Obinna Uzoh,Nicolas Ukachukwu(ikukuoma) are the strong contenders under this banner.while Andy Ubah is known for criminality,he has not failed to win alot of votes in anambra south senatorial zone.Soludo is remembered across anambra for his great leadership in Central bank,however,he will hardly get enough vote to win if he contest under much-hated party in anambra state(PDP).Obinna Uzor is equally a strong candidate but PDP will let him down as i doubt his ability to win primary let alone the whole state.
Future events has alot to do with who will win but chances are that,if APGA crisis escalates with the present sentiment that Gov.Obi is using to create disaffection in anambra,ACN-Ngige will have a high chance of winning. The list of strong men for that position:1)APGA candidates(Ifeanyi Ubah,Chuma nzeribe(failure),Annie Okonkwo)
2)Chris Ngige(ACN)
3)Andy Ubah,Chukwuma Soludo,Nicolas Ukachukwu,Obinna Uzor(PDP).
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by Nobody: 9:42am On Dec 27, 2012
"Walks into thread, sighs...walks out"
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by Nobody: 9:43am On Dec 27, 2012
Dr. Sen. Andy Uba. Estimated to worth over $2BILLION. He has budgeted 20 billion Naira to hijack Anambra state and nobody can stop him.

Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by Okijajuju1(m): 9:52am On Dec 27, 2012
afam4eva: I created a similar thread for Abia state a few months ago and we had named of possible contestants for the 2015 election when Theo's tenure will come to an end. Now is the turn of Anambra state. Here's the thread for Abia https://www.nairaland.com/1059107/abia-governorship-race-road-2015

Peter Obi has been an unpopular governor on Nairaland except for a few people who think he has done well. Personally, i don't think he's a failure but i think Anambra deserves better than they're getting. This is a state that possesses both human and natural resources but much is not being done to tap this God given gift. It's a shame that despite possessing the commercial center of the east, the automobile capital of West Africa if not Africa as a whole and possessing some of the brightest Igbos and Nigerians, this state has not taken it's rightful place as a force to be reckoned with and i think that's because the residents have not been able to put square pegs in square holes by voting candidates that will bring the much desired change.

Without further ado, let's go to the business of the day. If you're an Anambrarian, Igbo or a Nigerian and knows a qualified person of Anambra origin who you think is qualified to contest the 2014 election, pls list them here.

Thanks

I was an Obi praise singer until I drove into Anambra State and almost lost my shock absorbers on Anambra roads..

Governor Obi is a federal class person..

For change, I will throw my weight behind a Prof. Charles Soludo Government..
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by merteeny(m): 9:52am On Dec 27, 2012
I still love Soludo Oº°˚˚°º. He still has some positive sense in him. Peter Obi is due forever.
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by Ogojohn(m): 9:54am On Dec 27, 2012
HEAR YOURSELF TALKIN. YOU DD NOT MENTION THAT ANOSIKE HAS ALSO SERVED AS NGIGE RUNNING MATE AND PARADOXICALLY YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS. THAT ANAMBRA NORTH MUST CONTINUE TO PLAY SECOND FIDDLE. MY BROTHER. POWER IS NOT GIVEN RATHER IT IS TAKEN.
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by NRIPRIEST(m): 9:59am On Dec 27, 2012
Okija_juju:

I was an Obi praise singer until I drove into Anambra State and almost lost my shock absorbers on Anambra roads..

Governor Obi is a federal class person..

For change, I will throw my weight behind a Prof. Charles Soludo Government..

You will later appreciate his good works. Say I told you so.
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by Okijajuju1(m): 10:03am On Dec 27, 2012
NRI PRIEST:

You will later appreciate his good works. Say I told you so.

I pray!!

I honestly pray!!

But judging from what I saw on ground and the security reports I recieved.. Anambra State might be looking forward to some troubled times ahead.. Zero infrastructural developments, zero jobs and a shiitload of (state government issued) pump-actions in the hands of unemployable charlatans..

Nna, I am afraid o!!

Peter Obi really didnt/hasnt impress/ed me at all..

I pray he makes me eat my word.
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by omarky(m): 10:16am On Dec 27, 2012
Sincere 9gerian:
I completely agree with you. Soludo or Dora Akunyili will be fantastic choice.
Ngige may have tried in first try(only road construction), but I think he has questionable character.

Nigerians can never be satisfy..... What will you have said if the man didn't do anything? SMH 4 una o
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by harrisconsult1(m): 10:17am On Dec 27, 2012
I think I would prefer Senator Ben Ndi Obi special adviser 2 the president on inter parties affairs! He's credible and have a foresight
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by DonEwexco(m): 10:19am On Dec 27, 2012
At last the truth must be reveal, the next Governor of Anambra is Hon. Don Ewezuga Aniekwe under the platform of APGA. He will lead Anambrians to the promise LAND. Long live Anambra state(the light of Nigeria)!
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by Nobody: 10:22am On Dec 27, 2012
Charles soludo is a worthy candidate if you ask me but I doubt if pdp would win in anambra. Dora I love too but being a lady has lost chances in the next election, I also want to believe if given a chance to govern she would also do better than obi
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by Ryannn(m): 10:28am On Dec 27, 2012
Sun of god: Soludo - Very Arrogant; Failed last time after being heavily backed finacially.

.. And yet he won an APGA candidate backed by a seating state governor all in same senatorial zone under d same ACN.. Ndi anambra r wiser bro, and they crave for nothn less than good governance
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by Engineer1985(m): 10:30am On Dec 27, 2012
Hmmmm
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by chidi500(m): 10:42am On Dec 27, 2012
i prefer soludo than ngige.ngige will not achieve anything if he was re-elected into office again.
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by executinal(m): 10:58am On Dec 27, 2012
Prof [size=24pt]CHUKWUMA CHARLES SOLUDO[/size]

1 Like

Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by billante(m): 10:58am On Dec 27, 2012
I nominate chinua achebe! He can lead from d wheelchair with his no nonsense chracter!! Maybe soludo can deputize for him...by thinking, Strategiesing and doing d field work!!
Believe me corruption will go down to d lowest and soludo strategies will take d state to singapore standard working with d oil money coming up.

Best collabo ever!!

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by naijaobi(m): 11:08am On Dec 27, 2012
The simple truth is that Dr.Chris Ngige has won the hearts of almost everyone living in anambra.. If anyone is doubting it, make research..
If the election will be free and fair, Ngige will beat the other contestants hands down...

THOSE LIVING IN ANAMBRA WILL UNDERSTAND BETTER.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by solomonkane(m): 11:09am On Dec 27, 2012
Well given their antecedents, I would rather go for Nicholas Ukachukwu for the following reasons:

1. Has invested in Anambra thereby creating jobs and getting a first hand feel of what it takes to run a successful business in a tough environment (unlike every other candidate who have been mainly technocrats).

2. Has no political baggage (unlike Soludo and his consolidation brouhaha, Akuyili and her disgraceful behavior as a minister undoing the great work at NAFDAC, Uba and the OBJ years).

3. Is just as intelligent as any of the others.

Ngige would be a good second choice though.
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by NonsoChris(m): 11:14am On Dec 27, 2012
Obinna Uzor
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by Nobody: 11:22am On Dec 27, 2012
I remember Onlytruth telling me he was happy with the governors PDP gave SE and mentioned Ngige as a performer.

But here he is changing mouth!! Really they say time will tell!

Ngige did good according to you Igbos on here but won't support him because of his party affiliation?

Note one thing that Tinubu doesn't control Ngige and can never control him. Same way Tinubu doesn't control Oshiomole.

Tinubu remains my ICON! Be him a thief, crook or animal. For what he has helped Yoruba land reach, I'm proud of him as a Yoruba guy!!

If SE want a chance at Presidency in 2023, they need to groom a performing governor NOW! Groom a governor who's connected with his people.

Chris Ngige is not anyone's boi boi or protege! Chris Ngige is his own man!

No godfather, nothing!! That is what you Igbos need!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Reps Query N250,000 Per Sitting Allowance Of SWA Board Members / 2019: PDP Won’t Need Campaign To Defeat Buhari – Babangida Aliyu / Abducted Makurdi University Students Regain Freedom After 72 Hours In Captivity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.