Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,743 members, 7,824,143 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:27 AM

Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 (18163 Views)

Gulak, Ribadu Carpet Fintiri For Joining Adamawa Governorship Race / Soludo, Others Join Anambra Governorship Race / Keyamo Declares For 2015 Delta Governorship Race (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by sammy329(m): 12:06pm On Dec 28, 2012
It seems the Igbos are more tribalistic than the Yoruba. Why not vote for individual and stop talking about ACN
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by Nightshift(m): 12:39pm On Dec 28, 2012
NRI PRIEST:

We don't need any Chime in Anambra. He is too slow for the dynamics of the Anambra politics. Let's see who APGA nominates first. As for Soludo and other big names they will be shocked if they remain with their respective parties. APGA has a very strong grassroot followership in Anambra.
Don't complain if a Gangster wins the election. Time for Nnamdi Eriobuna to give it a shot again? Anambra needs someone with a good administrative skills; someone who can tame those wild wolfs in Awka.
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by deshclones(m): 3:19pm On Dec 28, 2012
Its a shame people are routing for ifeanyi uba,andy uba,nzeribe,annie okonkwo etc in a very important debate like this...do you guys even hv the interest of our state at heart??doesn't it bother u guys that once you cross the niger bridge from asaba into osha d air changes..everything becomes rowdy nd in total disorder..so you guys like the way Anambra is?kedu ihe n'eme unu self?unu adighi apuapu gaa be ndi ozo hu ka odi?? infact akpa amu unu there..All those supporting any candidate but Soludo are all enemies of Anambra state nay Ndigbo..Soludo is our sure bet to total transformation of our beloved state in all ramifications.economy,infrastructure,ambience etc...Ngige did only roads in his LGA neglecting other zones..Obi is busy building everything buildable in his beloved osha..neglecting Awka nd Nnewi..I always weep anytym I enter Awka..d town is a ghost town..more like a glorified LGA headquarters..nothing works..bad roads,refuse heaps everywhere.no night life..d whole town becomes deserted once its 7pm...soludo has d acumen,exposure,contacts to transform Anambra state..light of the entire black Nation..
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by NRIPRIEST(m): 3:31pm On Dec 28, 2012
deshclones: Its a shame people are routing for ifeanyi uba,andy uba,nzeribe,annie okonkwo etc in a very important debate like this...do you guys even hv the interest of our state at heart??doesn't it bother u guys that once you cross the niger bridge from asaba into osha d air changes..everything becomes rowdy nd in total disorder..so you guys like the way Anambra is?kedu ihe n'eme unu self?unu adighi apuapu gaa be ndi ozo hu ka odi?? infact akpa amu unu there..All those supporting any candidate but Soludo are all enemies of Anambra state nay Ndigbo..Soludo is our sure bet to total transformation of our beloved state in all ramifications.economy,infrastructure,ambience etc...Ngige did only roads in his LGA neglecting other zones..Obi is busy building everything buildable in his beloved osha..neglecting Awka nd Nnewi..I always weep anytym I enter Awka..d town is a ghost town..more like a glorified LGA headquarters..nothing works..bad roads,refuse heaps everywhere.no night life..d whole town becomes deserted once its 7pm...soludo has d acumen,exposure,contacts to transform Anambra state..light of the entire black Nation..

Bros,akpamu gi there!
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by NonsoChris(m): 3:41pm On Dec 28, 2012
deshclones: Its a shame people are routing for ifeanyi uba,andy uba,nzeribe,annie okonkwo etc in a very important debate like this...do you guys even hv the interest of our state at heart??doesn't it bother u guys that once you cross the niger bridge from asaba into osha d air changes..everything becomes rowdy nd in total disorder..so you guys like the way Anambra is?kedu ihe n'eme unu self?unu adighi apuapu gaa be ndi ozo hu ka odi?? infact akpa amu unu there..All those supporting any candidate but Soludo are all enemies of Anambra state nay Ndigbo..Soludo is our sure bet to total transformation of our beloved state in all ramifications.economy,infrastructure,ambience etc...Ngige did only roads in his LGA neglecting other zones..Obi is busy building everything buildable in his beloved osha..neglecting Awka nd Nnewi..I always weep anytym I enter Awka..d town is a ghost town..more like a glorified LGA headquarters..nothing works..bad roads,refuse heaps everywhere.no night life..d whole town becomes deserted once its 7pm...soludo has d acumen,exposure,contacts to transform Anambra state..light of the entire black Nation..
Nwannem,akpa amu nke gi there.
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by deshclones(m): 3:58pm On Dec 28, 2012
NRI PRIEST:

Bros,akpamu gi there!
Nonso Chris: Nwannem,akpa amu nke gi there.

Lol
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by Syncan(m): 4:34pm On Dec 28, 2012

I will not join issues with you on the persons named. However since i asked questions earlier on Ngige's performance, it seems all those who sing his praises immediately went to sleep. I had actually expected someone to come to his defense with tangible evidence of achievements, things we can still see. I'm kind of disappointed right now because i was thinking i was missing something and would be enlightened more on his development strides. Anyway, on Obi,You agree that he is "busy building everything buildable in his beloved osha", that's state money being spent on the state. Now to Awka: not withstanding the hostile attitude of the Awka elites to the governor, which has led to disunity in their town as a result of the governor fighting back, Obi remained the only governor that has made the awka major road motor able. One will easily drive pass eke awka now without knowing he's passed. There is still a lot to be done with good thinking, waste collection points could be identified and residents made to bring out their waste only at certain times like towards the night, then its picked up first light by the waste companies for example. But I saw Amaku general hospital and my mouth was wide open for I had expected to hear people commending him for that.
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by igboboy1(m): 7:27pm On Dec 28, 2012
Rhino.5dm:
I left the thread to allow genuine contributions from peeps with more realistic views, but had to come back after reading this post of yours.

What do you mean by Ojukwu's home state?

A quick reminder to your humble self is the fact that Ojukwu himself contested and lost twice in his home state. First he contested and lost in the 80's and contested and lost to Obj( a Yoruba man) in presidential elections. I'll have to agree with some of your position on party alliance and chances of winning election in Nigeria but to allude it to the prowess of Ojukwu is what I find laughable cos, most true sons of south east are not the average ones on nairaland. Most contributors here are doing so from a safe location across the Atlantic and have lost touch with the reality on ground.

The fact is that, C. Ngige still remains the candidate to beat in any election in Anambra State and only a political first grader like you would think otherwise. We all saw how he thrashed Dora and her loud mouthed supporters twice.

Do you know what it takes to wrestled senatorial seat against the power of incumbency oiled by PDP rigging machine? I doubt.

Dora left her juicy ministerial position with 100% assurance of becoming a senator only to be swept back to irrelevancy by hurricane Chris Ngige. Nuff said.

Nna leave tory for tony....

Ngige is very beatable in Anambra, unless Tinubu employs his usual tactics to win......

You think that OBJ actually won in ANambra? OBJ's election were rigged (that is old news) as is most of Nigeria;s election so leave matter for Mathias
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by danjohn: 7:46pm On Dec 28, 2012
What do Anambra residents think of George Moghalu? I know that he ran for governor against Peter Obi and Ngige in 2003.
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by Sealeddeal(m): 8:36pm On Dec 28, 2012
danjohn: What do Anambra residents think of George Moghalu? I know that he ran for governor against Peter Obi and Ngige in 2003.
lol...nothing for him. even if INEC rig election in his favour,he is going no where.
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by MrGlobe(m): 8:49pm On Dec 28, 2012
Syncan:

I will not join issues with you on the persons named. However since i asked questions earlier on Ngige's performance, it seems all those who sing his praises immediately went to sleep. I had actually expected someone to come to his defense with tangible evidence of achievements, things we can still see. I'm kind of disappointed right now because i was thinking i was missing something and would be enlightened more on his development strides. Anyway, on Obi,You agree that he is "busy building everything buildable in his beloved osha", that's state money being spent on the state. Now to Awka: not withstanding the hostile attitude of the Awka elites to the governor, which has led to disunity in their town as a result of the governor fighting back, Obi remained the only governor that has made the awka major road motor able. One will easily drive pass eke awka now without knowing he's passed. There is still a lot to be done with good thinking, waste collection points could be identified and residents made to bring out their waste only at certain times like towards the night, then its picked up first light by the waste companies for example. But I saw Amaku general hospital and my mouth was wide open for I had expected to hear people commending him for that.
keep talking thrash and think we believe your hogwash. Peter Obi is a thief and visionless governor. Awka is in deep shit from what ve seen, Anambra is stagnant. How many Senatorial seat did APGA and obi win? none. deceive yourself
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by Roland17(m): 9:11pm On Dec 28, 2012
The prospects of the Anambra economy with regards to the resources abound in that state are enormous, it has the capability of being a super economic power when it comes to the economics of the east and Nigeria as a whole.

For economic resuscitation and sustainable development, the ideal candidate for Anambra would be C. Soludo, he's younger, his resume and experience speak for him, but my deepest concern is the platform which would give him the leverage and that's PDP.
Its very tough to be a public office holder under the umbrella and i don't think Soludo can successfully fight those bats from draining the honey pots of Anambra if successfully elected..But like i said earlier, i don't think there is better candidate than Chukwuma.

Ngigie displays courage that can be likened to that of a brave hunter surrounded by tigers, he appears fearless, he commands huge followership in Anambra, i followed his short stint as Governor religiously, despite being helpless, he was determined not to give in and won the respect of his kinsmen..these attributes are what Anambra needs.

To be candid P. obi has left Anambra in a stagnant, stationary and static state like Mr. Globe asserted and i think its time to move on and make concerted effort to elect the better candidate anambarians deserve.
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by joeyfire(m): 9:50pm On Dec 28, 2012
Rhino.5dm:
Sai Chris Ngige 2014 cool

Confirmed! Ngige remains the only candidate FOR NOW that has the acumen, political will, followership and clout to provide good leadership to anambra state amidst the heavy influence of the "omata" types who have held the state in a vice grip for decades.

I was in my village last month for a burial that peter obi and ngige both attended. Obi arrived in a helicopter and got little or no attention. Ngige arrived in a non descript convoy and was practically mobbed by villagers, if una see love una go believe. Peter Obi has allowed so many anambra students to drop out because he has done nothing to encourage them. Human capital is degraded and that's worse than not having roads or even jobs.

Ngige is my candidate for now
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by Onlytruth(m): 9:50pm On Dec 28, 2012
I sometimes wonder how some Nigerians think, honestly. I am beginning to believe that there is a pervasive mental sickness in Nigeria.
Just take a look at the topic of this thread, and then you start wondering why anyone would EVER start discussing an outgoing governor instead of a prospective (in-coming) one.

Unless Peter Obi is going for a third term, he is NOT supposed to come up AT ALL in this thread.
Odikwa egwu! angry

@Topic, I shall discuss each according to my own understanding. Please let's stick to the topic.
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by Afam4eva(m): 9:52pm On Dec 28, 2012
Onlytruth: I sometimes wonder how some Nigerians think, honestly. I am beginning to believe that there is a pervasive mental sickness in Nigeria.
Just take a look at the topic of this thread, and then you start wondering why anyone would EVER start discussing an outgoing governor instead of an prospective (in-coming) one.

Unless Peter Obi is going for a third term, he is NOT supposed to come up AT ALL in this thread.
Odikwa egwu! angry

@Topic, I shall discuss each according to my own understanding. Please let's stick to the topic.
You can't talk about the future without talking of the present. Peter Obi is still the governor Anambra state as it is and we have to relate his performance in office with the CV and prospective achiements of the incoming governor.
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by Onlytruth(m): 9:53pm On Dec 28, 2012
I fell off my chair reading through some of names being put forward on this thread. Nna so some of our people have not had enough of charlatans, thieves and turn-coats?
It seems some folks just want to impose their uncles on the rest of us.
It cannot happen in the LIGHT of the Nation. cool
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by Onlytruth(m): 9:55pm On Dec 28, 2012
afam4eva:
You can't talk about the future without talking of the present. Peter Obi is still the governor Anambra state as it is and we have to relate his performance in office with the CV and prospective achiements of the incoming governor.

Will he contest in 2014?
Unless your answer is yes, you are not making sense bro.
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by Afam4eva(m): 9:56pm On Dec 28, 2012
Onlytruth:

Will he contest in 2014?
Unless your answer is yes, you are not making sense bro.

What's the future without the present? How does mentioning Peter Obi affect the purpose of this thread?
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by joeyfire(m): 9:56pm On Dec 28, 2012
But seriously besides ngige and soludo, where are the candidates? Our best are elsewhere and are not interested.
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by Onlytruth(m): 10:00pm On Dec 28, 2012
afam4eva:
What's the future without the present? How does mentioning Peter Obi affect the purpose of this thread?

Okay, here is what I think bro.

Did you open this thread to discuss Peter Obi's tenure and achievement in office?
If the answer is yes, why not change the topic to reflect it? I normally comment based on the TOPIC of a thread.

BTW, if you really want to do justice to the TOPIC of the thread, you would remove ANY thing that would bug down the thread between camps of the incumbent governor and prospective one.

You can change the topic, or open another one to discuss Peter Obi's tenure.
I'm really trying to help rescue an otherwise great thread.
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by Afam4eva(m): 10:02pm On Dec 28, 2012
Onlytruth:

Okay, here is what I think bro.

Did you open this thread to discuss Peter Obi's tenure and achievement in office?
If the answer is yes, why not change the topic to reflect it? I normally comment based on the TOPIC of a thread.

BTW, if you really want to do justice to the TOPIC of the thread, you would remove ANY thing that would bug down the thread between camps of the incumbent governor and prospective one.

You can change the topic, or open another one to discuss Peter Obi's tenure.
I'm really trying to help rescue an otherwise great thread.
How does the thread topic depict a discussion about Peter Obi's tenure? #justcurious
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by MrGlobe(m): 10:11pm On Dec 28, 2012
afam4eva:
you should ignore sycophants that are both ashamed and afraid of their theiving and visionless master being evaluated. They want to talk about the next governor while we allow the present theif, petty governor go Scott free with his loot.
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by Onlytruth(m): 10:18pm On Dec 28, 2012
Here's my take on Ngige:

He is an intelligent, action oriented and politically savvy man.
He achieved at least ONE thing in office --> Road construction.
I have a feeling that if he had continued in office, we may or may NOT have continued his path; we would NEVER know.
But Ndigbo say that "a na esi na isi ahuru ama uto nsi" (you can normally guess how poo would taste just from the smell of the fart)! lol.

Ngige is not a man without flaws or personal foibles on his character. He basically is a man who would do things ONLY HIS OWN WAY. That attribute is good and bad.
It is good if he chooses (while in office) to do the right thing. However, it is bad if he chooses to do the wrong thing. He would be the type that would be NEARLY IMPOSSIBLE to remove if he is doing bad. He is a VERY STUBBORN man. Ngige is BY FAR the most stubborn gubernatorial candidate I know in Anambra state. So, if he performs badly in the first term, it would be IMPOSSIBLE to remove him (a la Ohakim) in second term elections.
The final proof of this is that he has rejected the POPULAR advise to leave ACN. Ngige is smart enough to understand how ACN is viewed in the East; yet he remains there.
What that tells me is that he is even looking down on Anambrarians who he would rule. He believes that he can lead Ndigbo to the devil, simply because he built roads in Anambra state. If Ngige leaves ACN today and joins some obscure party, he would likely win; but his insistence on remaining in ACN would likely cost him dearly, because Anambra citizens have a way of stopping unwanted political groups. Ask PDP.
Because Ngige refuses to leave ACN, I have an uncomfortable feeling that he may be planning to bring ACN-style politics (thugs, murder, arson etc) to Anambra state; maybe that is the play he plans to face the Uba brothers and others like them in Anambra state. We don't want that type of politics in Anambra state. We are too smart for that.
So, either Ngige leaves ACN, or we would likely continue to reject him at the polls, one way or another.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by Onlytruth(m): 10:25pm On Dec 28, 2012
afam4eva:
How does the thread topic depict a discussion about Peter Obi's tenure? #justcurious

There is already some altercations between the incumbent governor's camp and that of others on this very thread, and NONE of it adds value to finding the NEXT BEST governor. IF we continue in the path you are headed, we may end up delivering a verdict on Peter Obi, while forgetting the next governor entirely.
I may be tempted to open another thread to discuss the NEXT governor of Anambra state, not the outgoing one.

Onye oku na agba be ya adiro achu oke. cool
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by Afam4eva(m): 10:27pm On Dec 28, 2012
Onlytruth:

There is already some altercations between the incumbent governor's camp and that of others on this very thread, and NONE of it adds value to finding the NEXT BEST governor. IF we continue in the path you are headed, we may end up delivering a verdict on Peter Obi, while forgetting the next governor entirely.
I may be tempted to open another thread to discuss the NEXT governor of Anambra state, not the outgoing one.

Onye oku na agba be ya adiro achu oke. cool
You've still not pointed how the thread topic depicts a discuss about the present governor.
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by Onlytruth(m): 10:40pm On Dec 28, 2012
Charles Chukwuma Soludo:

He is a very intelligent, ambitious, visionary and TRAINED economist. He can diagnose Anambra's economic (hence social) problems in a wink.
He can (as proven by some of his achievements at CBN, which was only pulled down by the Nigerian presidential fiat) what he could do. While at CBN, he discovered that his best intentions were futile as long as he was not the president (who had the executive powers to do and undo in Nigeria). That was when he decided to go to the source of the problem -the executive branch of the Nigerian system.
Soludo has everything needed to create an oasis of wealth and advancement in the Light of the Nation.
No leader can succeed superlatively without a superlative vision. In Soludo's case, he has the vision and the training to overdeliver.
He weakness? He is in PDP, and Anambrarians HATE PDP with a certain passion.
He should run under a different party if he is serious about winning in Anambra state.

He is MY candidate. cool

1 Like

Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by danjohn: 12:05am On Dec 29, 2012
Sealeddeal: lol...nothing for him. even if INEC rig election in his favour,he is going no where.

The 2003 election cycle was the first cycle that I followed closely and Okorocha and Moghalu were two candidates in the Southeast that caught my attention during that election cycle. You seem pretty certain about what you just said. From a prior post, you said that you live in Nnewi and Moghalu comes from Nnewi. Your comment is surprising to me because if Moghalu has any base of support in Anambra state, it should be in Nnewi. Also, in 2003, the perception I got from some Anambra residents is that Moghalu probably came in second to Peter Obi in the election. Why you think that Moghalu stands no chance for Governor? Also do you think that he would stand a better chance running for a senate seat instead?
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by PROUDIGBO(m): 1:04am On Dec 29, 2012

^^^Thankyou bruh; how do they say it again?.....yeah, you're the true son of your father!

I can't believe how any Anambran in their right senses would see someone like Prof Soludo (with all his worldwide exposure and connections, coupled with his intelligence and analytical approach to issues), and ignore him while rooting for all these other guys ; the only other person i'd think of if Soludo isn't interested (knowing how cut-throat politicking can be) is Akunyili......both these individuals have a proven track record of taking the bull by the horns and getting things done.

Someone once mentioned when i was railing against Obis' lack of attention and development in Onitsha and Awka, that he is what Anambra needs at this point in time to build the 'basics' like roads, schools and the like, since Anambra has been neglected and has to start from scratch.....i somewhat agreed, and tempered down my criticism; but i believe the time has come (come the next election that is) for Anambra State to aim a bit higher in its aspirations and move a step higher from governance of building roads, classroom blocks, markets and basic office buildings, moving to the next level of mapping out a solid economic blueprint and masterplan for cities like Onitsha, Nnewi and Awka, while at the same time, connecting Anambra State to investors and tourists from all over the world through a Governor that has the experience, contacts and (more importantly) fire-in-the-belly to achieve such.....and such a person is Prof Soludo.

Shikena! We can close this thread now.
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by Slizbeat(m): 1:43am On Dec 29, 2012
There is difference btw being tribalistic and being Realistic. If APGA fields in candidate for ondo election in 2015, is it possible for them to win? TYPICAL NO!!! So that's just the reason ACN can't win Anambra. Back to it, its true Obi is working, I came back to Anambra around March 2012 and the only road that was bad I noticed was the Onitsha-Awka road but loads o tractors were parked there, don't know why they aint working. From Awka, I left to Imo, taking a bus from Awka to Nnewi via Agulu. Mehn I enjoyed the ride. Then I took a bus to Ihiala, gosh, the road is damn sweet at Okija and Ihiala. Truely Obi is trying in his capacity, no doubt. As per who will lead Anambra, I would go for Soludo. Secret is that Governors perform best at 1st tenure when they've never tested power before, go research and see.
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by Syncan(m): 7:36am On Dec 29, 2012
Slizbeat: There is difference btw being tribalistic and being Realistic. If APGA fields in candidate for ondo election in 2015, is it possible for them to win? TYPICAL NO!!! So that's just the reason ACN can't win Anambra. Back to it, its true Obi is working, I came back to Anambra around March 2012 and the only road that was bad I noticed was the Onitsha-Awka road but loads o tractors were parked there, don't know why they aint working. From Awka, I left to Imo, taking a bus from Awka to Nnewi via Agulu. Mehn I enjoyed the ride. Then I took a bus to Ihiala, gosh, the road is damn sweet at Okija and Ihiala. Truely Obi is trying in his capacity, no doubt. As per who will lead Anambra, I would go for Soludo. Secret is that Governors perform best at 1st tenure when they've never tested power before, go research and see.

I will put my comment as a response to your post because you talk fact. I will allow those who revel in name calling and shallow talk to continue unabated. Such a forum as this should be able to x-ray the present government's performance, Identify low points, and with that in mind, propose suitable candidates to tackle such places, having portrayed such individuals as capable in those areas. It baffles me when people who are educated enough to construct sentences in a foreign language, using modern technology in their communication, could still not hold a meaningful argument that will be beneficial. Yet condemnation comes very easy for them,someone claimed "Obi is building every thing build able in Onitsha" another one in support of him accused Obi of "lack of attention and developement in Onitsha and Awka". Just like you, i mentioned places I've been to and their high points as well as identified points for improvement. Instead of enlightening me further as i requested, someone, in the hallowed chamber of his toilet, called my submission hogwash and trash yet offered no explanation nor correction. Someone is asking why we should talk about the present governor, and i say "You want to mention names without identifying why you need a particular individual? Go ahead then, there were about 20 or more PDP candidates in the last election and many more in other parties, keep naming them all and tell me what you've achieved by opening an anambra politicians register on nairaland. The thread wants us to identify possible candidates, why not like the true light of the nation make it an educative discourse, this for goodness sake is a forum where voters also visit. We just talked about roads, and if Ngige has only roads as achievements, then he has been dwarfed by the present regime, someone else should be brought to the fore and his antecedents criticized. However, if he had done more than that, then it should be made known.
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by Syncan(m): 8:19am On Dec 29, 2012
Onlytruth: Charles Chukwuma Soludo:

He is a very intelligent, ambitious, visionary and TRAINED economist. He can diagnose Anambra's economic (hence social) problems in a wink.
He can (as proven by some of his achievements at CBN, which was only pulled down by the Nigerian presidential fiat) what he could do. While at CBN, he discovered that his best intentions were futile as long as he was not the president (who had the executive powers to do and undo in Nigeria). That was when he decided to go to the source of the problem -the executive branch of the Nigerian system.
Soludo has everything needed to create an oasis of wealth and advancement in the Light of the Nation.
No leader can succeed superlatively without a superlative vision. In Soludo's case, he has the vision and the training to overdeliver.
He weakness? He is in PDP, and Anambrarians HATE PDP with a certain passion.
He should run under a different party if he is serious about winning in Anambra state.

He is MY candidate. cool

This is a good submission,I like Soludo's sagacity while a CBN governor. He however did not come out tops to me after the events of his attempt at the elections. He simply displayed naivety in his actions then, trying to bulldoze his way through with federal might,prolonged altercation with Dora (then a "beloved" serving minister), Fire arms import rumors etc. He has proved himself more as a technocrat than an administrator. His contributions to any government can elevate the regime but him as governor? I'm not so enthusiastic about that yet,however this depends on the alternatives available.
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by Sealeddeal(m): 9:04am On Dec 29, 2012
danjohn:

The 2003 election cycle was the first cycle that I followed closely and Okorocha and Moghalu were two candidates in the Southeast that caught my attention during that election cycle. You seem pretty certain about what you just said. From a prior post, you said that you live in Nnewi and Moghalu comes from Nnewi. Your comment is surprising to me because if Moghalu has any base of support in Anambra state, it should be in Nnewi. Also, in 2003, the perception I got from some Anambra residents is that Moghalu probably came in second to Peter Obi in the election. Why you think that Moghalu stands no chance for Governor? Also do you think that he would stand a better chance running for a senate seat instead?

....Muoghalu is known by alot of people in nnewi but i bet you,he cant win even House of Assembly in nnewi.he is not liked by anybody.And he normally contest election under ANPP which is not regarded by anybody.recently,the names thats in people's lips include Majorly Soludo and Ngige and Party in people's mind is APGA,PDP.so,he surely do not fall into the deciding factors in Nnewi/Anambra state.And presently,APGA is in total control of Nnewi.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Fulani Herdsmen Invade Enugu Community Kill Two, 19 Missing / 'I Have Developed Interest In Oil Industry' — Buhari / President Buhari Honored In Niger Republic As A Boulevard Is Named After Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.