Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,689 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:49 PM

The Most Traumatic Experience You Ever Suffered In Your Life - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Most Traumatic Experience You Ever Suffered In Your Life (12371 Views)

I Suffered In My Marriage But Am A Survivor / A Call To Change "My Children Will Not Suffer What I Suffered" Syndrome / I F Divorce Is So Traumatic: Why Go Through It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Most Traumatic Experience You Ever Suffered In Your Life by eklassical(m): 1:59pm On Dec 31, 2012
mine was on july30, this year when my dad died, i was not around the house,it was just my mom and him... he kicked the bucket without saying a thing to my mom... it was very traumatic.
Re: The Most Traumatic Experience You Ever Suffered In Your Life by usermane(m): 2:08pm On Dec 31, 2012
eklassical: mine was on july30, this year when my dad died, i was not around the house,it was just my mom and him... he kicked the bucket without saying a thing to my mom... it was very traumatic.
May his soul rest in peace. A death in the family especially in nuclear family unpleasantly overwhelming, hard to get over.
Re: The Most Traumatic Experience You Ever Suffered In Your Life by BOLOSKY: 2:19pm On Dec 31, 2012
July 30th of this year..exactly a month i came bk from UK against mum's idea..was home alone and suffered a stroke..felt so helpless..managed to make a phone call..while I was waiting i thought of my doors(bullet proof) which was locked from inside so I dragged myself downstairs to unlock this door ..my doctors called that a miracle move...well I layed on the floor and my phone kept ringing @ this point I couldnt see who was calling all I saw was light on my phone screen and I knew I was dying..flashbacks and some regrets(thoughts of family and ex gf I did strong things)LOL..tears falling from my eyes..I couldn't believe I could be that helpless and kinda felt it was time to go meet my creator....finally help came with pastors and all..by then the right half of my body was gone..the prayers on the way to the hospital gave me hope..spent a month in hospital..scariest part was when i didn't have an erection after almost two weeks but thank GOD the anaconda is back in action and deadlier than ever.LOL..well guyz are very alright now sha..but I dey try my best to resist temptation...I dey thank and pray to GOD steady.good it didn't happen on a day etisalat was having network problem..this was my most traumatic experience..

Allow my long story

2 Likes

Re: The Most Traumatic Experience You Ever Suffered In Your Life by BOLOSKY: 2:21pm On Dec 31, 2012
Scariest part was when I didn't have an erection for almost two weeks...
Re: The Most Traumatic Experience You Ever Suffered In Your Life by hagma37yahoocom: 2:25pm On Dec 31, 2012
Mine was in Kano, in Mid 90's. There was water scarsity in our area, so went to Shagari Quaters to fetch water at around 7 to 8pm. Though fetching water back then, is just to catch fun. Me, my brothers, our neighbours including JJC (Mr Skill) the guy that sang African Skank. Drove off to Shagari quarters in Mummy's peogot car (JJC Mum'car). After droping all the containers, i sat on the car boot. Within a minute or 2,somebody pointed sugarcane at me and that was the last thing i could remember. My brother called my name at the top of his voice when he observe that i was just walking without looking back. Immediatly i heard my name, i regain back my senses. I turned and ran toward the rest guys. God! I was so scared, very scared. But then life goes on because fetching water is alway fun for us.

1 Like

Re: The Most Traumatic Experience You Ever Suffered In Your Life by Popowaa: 2:25pm On Dec 31, 2012
1stToComment: I was 7 years old. I still think I was a happy child then, even with the fact I was not my dad's favourite child and he did everything possible to show it, I was still happy. I remember clearly then when myself and my siblings all fell ill during my mum's absence. I developed symptoms before the others and was ignored until the others took ill too. They were taken to the hospital immediately and I was left at home. My little kid brother had to share his medication with me secretly to make me feel better.

The others had lovely pet names but I was named given horrible nick-names by my dad. As a little child I could not understand why I was hated so much. I remember my mum challenging my dad about it after it became unbearable for her, but there was little she could do and I was left to my fate. I did not get presents or toys from him like the others did and I guess I spent more time studying as an escape. I did brilliantly in my academics and was tops in my class. I remember once at the end of the term, how I wailed on my way home after I got my report card. I thought I was 18th best in class not knowing it was 1st as the teachers 's' seemed like an '8'. I thought my dad would kill me. I dared not give him my report card and rather gave my little brother to pass it on when he started shouting for it. I got the shock of my life! He shook my hand and that was the closest display of "affection" I ever got from him.

I got blamed by my dad for anything that went wrong so long as I was present when it happened and after a while my siblings began to have the same belief and scream my name when they hurt themselves.

The worst that ever happened to me was while I was playing close to my sister and she tripped, fell and lost four teeth. She screamed my name, just because I was present and I before I could say Robinson, my father was upon me.

It started with Punches and kicks.His only words were " I will kill you today" My poor helpless mother quickly asked what was wrong and he told her I beat my sister and broke 4 permanent teeth. I could see her turn white. I must have lost and regained conciousness about 2 times and wet myself. My poor mother quickly ran to get a cane to stop the blows, but she could not find any. Unfortunately in her hurry, she came back with a stick that was laden with thorns.

He used it until it was no more. At this time, I was no longer screaming with pain. I was too weak to cry. I could see the sadness in the eyes of my siblings and looked on to them with a little strand of hope in my eyes that they will save me. They could not and I thought I was dying.I could not move afterwards and my mum had to get me treated for multiple injuries.

A week later I was able to go to school but the wounds still looked fresh. My teacher noticed and I was taken to the headmaster's office to explain how I came about the wounds. I told them it was my dad and they stared in disbelief. A teacher volunteered to call the police but another teacher told them I must have done something horrible to get that kind of beating and that they should let the matter go away. They kept asking if I was sure it was my dad who gave me those injuries. They promised to send someone to my home to get the other side of the story but never did.

I still carry some of those scars on my body after 35 years as well as the psychological scars, I grew up to hate my family so much. I remember weeping profusely when I watched the first part of the "Aluu4" murder video before they were finally killed. I was crying because I could imagine what those boys were going through. I was crying for a little boy. I was crying for me.
eeyaa,sorry but de best way to heal is to let go.dont hold it all inside u can go for therapy to make is easier.had a similar xperience but not with my dad.had to live with my cousin wen i lost both parents but i learnt to forgive de husband n all i'm so happy nw.pls learn to forgive him.all de best

2 Likes

Re: The Most Traumatic Experience You Ever Suffered In Your Life by usermane(m): 2:29pm On Dec 31, 2012
1stToComment: I was 7 years old. I still think I was a happy child then, even with the fact I was not my dad's favourite child and he did everything possible to show it, I was still happy. I remember clearly then when myself and my siblings all fell ill during my mum's absence. I developed symptoms before the others and was ignored until the others took ill too. They were taken to the hospital immediately and I was left at home. My little kid brother had to share his medication with me secretly to make me feel better.

The others had lovely pet names but I was named given horrible nick-names by my dad. As a little child I could not understand why I was hated so much. I remember my mum challenging my dad about it after it became unbearable for her, but there was little she could do and I was left to my fate. I did not get presents or toys from him like the others did and I guess I spent more time studying as an escape. I did brilliantly in my academics and was tops in my class. I remember once at the end of the term, how I wailed on my way home after I got my report card. I thought I was 18th best in class not knowing it was 1st as the teachers 's' seemed like an '8'. I thought my dad would kill me. I dared not give him my report card and rather gave my little brother to pass it on when he started shouting for it. I got the shock of my life! He shook my hand and that was the closest display of "affection" I ever got from him.

I got blamed by my dad for anything that went wrong so long as I was present when it happened and after a while my siblings began to have the same belief and scream my name when they hurt themselves.

The worst that ever happened to me was while I was playing close to my sister and she tripped, fell and lost four teeth. She screamed my name, just because I was present and I before I could say Robinson, my father was upon me.

It started with Punches and kicks.His only words were " I will kill you today" My poor helpless mother quickly asked what was wrong and he told her I beat my sister and broke 4 permanent teeth. I could see her turn white. I must have lost and regained conciousness about 2 times and wet myself. My poor mother quickly ran to get a cane to stop the blows, but she could not find any. Unfortunately in her hurry, she came back with a stick that was laden with thorns.

He used it until it was no more. At this time, I was no longer screaming with pain. I was too weak to cry. I could see the sadness in the eyes of my siblings and looked on to them with a little strand of hope in my eyes that they will save me. They could not and I thought I was dying.I could not move afterwards and my mum had to get me treated for multiple injuries.

A week later I was able to go to school but the wounds still looked fresh. My teacher noticed and I was taken to the headmaster's office to explain how I came about the wounds. I told them it was my dad and they stared in disbelief. A teacher volunteered to call the police but another teacher told them I must have done something horrible to get that kind of beating and that they should let the matter go away. They kept asking if I was sure it was my dad who gave me those injuries. They promised to send someone to my home to get the other side of the story but never did.

I still carry some of those scars on my body after 35 years as well as the psychological scars, I grew up to hate my family so much. I remember weeping profusely when I watched the first part of the "Aluu4" murder video before they were finally killed. I was crying because I could imagine what those boys were going through. I was crying for a little boy. I was crying for me.
Re: The Most Traumatic Experience You Ever Suffered In Your Life by usermane(m): 2:31pm On Dec 31, 2012

A happy childhood is a gift. You missed out on that but glad to know u overcame the whole trouble growing up with a stepfather. I believe u 've forgiven him and moved on evn if the scars won't let u forget.
I felt so sad about your spanking story most especially cos it was an undeserved punishment. It reminded me of my primary one days when i always got flogged by the teacher cos the class monitress hated me and constantly put my name in her noise makers' list, me being a wild card.
I used to cry to the teacher of my innocence but he continued to judge me by my past misdeeds disbelieving that i have changed my spots. My poor academic performance only fueled his hatred for me.
Re: The Most Traumatic Experience You Ever Suffered In Your Life by cigaricon(m): 2:37pm On Dec 31, 2012
Mine is living without my mum and sister for nine years. Not that they were dead but my mum and dad seperated when I was still a todler. I hoped to see her again not until one day someone brought to us the news that my mum was dead. God all my plans of building her a house, buying her and having her eat from the fruit of her labour of carrying me for nine months were shatered, I remember weeping that day with these words in my mouth "mum u should have just let me see u one more time". Uptil now I don't knw the whereabout of my sister, I don't even knw how she looks like after nine yrs. My dad is not concerened, what does the old lad even knw? He has another family now, with two boys and a girl. I'm just frustrated every day praying to God to keep my sister as she is the only one I have now. I hope to see u one day sis to re-unite that brother and sister bond. Amen

1 Like

Re: The Most Traumatic Experience You Ever Suffered In Your Life by Nobody: 2:38pm On Dec 31, 2012
The day i mistakenly lock my only younger brother inside my mum's car trunk. I cried and did all sort of things, i couldn't help him, and i was hearing him scream in horror as he was grasping for breath, i couldn't help. *He did not die, anyway* But whenever i remember that horrible day, i still cry. Almost 3 years now.
Re: The Most Traumatic Experience You Ever Suffered In Your Life by badooo(m): 2:39pm On Dec 31, 2012
Royal Roy: The most traumatic day of my life was the day someone I loved deeply called me a foool and a bastard all in one breadth!! I felt like killing someone, even though she begged with tears and tried to make ammends, my mind was off her already. 3 weeks later we parted ways. Just can't stand calling or being called a bastard.
[left][/left] Bastard
Re: The Most Traumatic Experience You Ever Suffered In Your Life by coastland: 2:39pm On Dec 31, 2012
I've learned to take life from one angle and so far it has helped me;
I have less nightmare, less anxiety, less grief.
The theory is: every disappointment is a blessing or for those who believe in the christian faith every thing work for good for the children of God.
If u embrace this philosophy you will ever be happy.
After all why worry, why dwell on what u can't change?
Brain Tracy said anything that has no solution is not a problem.
You can't bring back a lost loved one, you can't 'unwrite' what someone said or did to you, so why keep it in you diary and allow it to slow you down.
Don't even think about it, don't even talk about it - let it go!

Think on this, change your paradigm and believe that it happened in the best of your interest.

A word from the Coastland.
Re: The Most Traumatic Experience You Ever Suffered In Your Life by Nobody: 2:49pm On Dec 31, 2012
Mine was my 3rd year in uni,was attacked by robbers,beaten collected my phones,taken into 2 a rice plantation n raped.i felt terrible,worst of all it was a day 2 my birthday.
Re: The Most Traumatic Experience You Ever Suffered In Your Life by usermane(m): 2:54pm On Dec 31, 2012
coastland: I've learned to take life from one angle and so far it has helped me;
I have less nightmare, less anxiety, less grief.
The theory is: every disappointment is a blessing or for those who believe in the christian faith every thing work for good for the children of God.
If u embrace this philosophy you will ever be happy.
After all why worry, why dwell on what u can't change?
Brain Tracy said anything that has no solution is not a problem.
You can't bring back a lost loved one, you can't 'unwrite' what someone said or did to you, so why keep it in you diary and allow it to slow you down.
Don't even think about it, don't even talk about it - let it go!

Think on this, change your paradigm and believe that it happened in the best of your interest.

A word from the Coastland.
Thanks coastland,but haven't you got a life story to fill us in with? I mean u 've never felt hurt or downtrodden? What about a friend?
Re: The Most Traumatic Experience You Ever Suffered In Your Life by eklassical(m): 2:58pm On Dec 31, 2012
BOLOSKY: July 30th of this year..exactly a month i came bk from UK against mum's idea..was home alone and suffered a stroke..felt so helpless..managed to make a phone call..while I was waiting i thought of my doors(bullet proof) which was locked from inside so I dragged myself downstairs to unlock this door ..my doctors called that a miracle move...well I layed on the floor and my phone kept ringing @ this point I couldnt see who was calling all I saw was light on my phone screen and I knew I was dying..flashbacks and some regrets(thoughts of family and ex gf I did strong things)LOL..tears falling from my eyes..I couldn't believe I could be that helpless and kinda felt it was time to go meet my creator....finally help came with pastors and all..by then the right half of my body was gone..the prayers on the way to the hospital gave me hope..spent a month in hospital..scariest part was when i didn't have an erection after almost two weeks but thank GOD the anaconda is back in action and deadlier than ever.LOL..well guyz are very alright now sha..but I dey try my best to resist temptation...I dey thank and pray to GOD steady.good it didn't happen on a day etisalat was having network problem..this was my most traumatic experience..

Allow my long story

WOW!!! shocked
Re: The Most Traumatic Experience You Ever Suffered In Your Life by ddippset(m): 2:59pm On Dec 31, 2012
4 traumatic events in my life, keeping it simple and short. 1. Witnessing a road accident along kaduna abuja road in 2000.I saw bodies of people with opened up skulls and all the whitish stuff showing. 2.growing up in the northern coast of nigeria in kaduna and witnessing the sharia riots of 2000 and seeing people dismembered and others thrown into wells alive. 3 and 4. Watching clips of the aluu 4 being beaten and burnt alive and clips of boko haram soldiers slitting throats of snitches within their organisations in 2012.
Re: The Most Traumatic Experience You Ever Suffered In Your Life by REMMEI(m): 3:06pm On Dec 31, 2012

Pardon me for quoting you all over again,your story is so touching that I felt tears dripping from my inside

"He used it until it was no more. At this time, I was no longer screaming with pain. I was too weak to cry. I could see the sadness in the eyes of my siblings and looked on to them with a little strand of hope in my eyes that they will save me. They could not and I thought I was dying."

Your experience looks like mine, it was not my father,but my guardian..thought they are to protect,defend and keep me..but the reverse is the case.

1 Like

Re: The Most Traumatic Experience You Ever Suffered In Your Life by Felixjude(m): 3:08pm On Dec 31, 2012
Well..for me,ist of all,i had a troubled childhood,lived with an uncle and i can say that i neva experienced parental luv,if you know what i mean.
Secondly,had problems securing admission into my course of choice then,i was quite brilliant so i always did well in the exams,but somehow,i was always given someting else and @ a time,i thought 'something' was behind it.
I wasted abt 4yrs looking for a particular course until by divine providence,i decided to change my career entirely(course) and it paid off though am yet to round up.
Let me just add here that when we are faced with challenges as we wil always b,we shoudnt give up and remain +ve,putting evrything in God's hands,who is able to take care of our situation.
Re: The Most Traumatic Experience You Ever Suffered In Your Life by REMMEI(m): 3:08pm On Dec 31, 2012

Pardon me for quoting you all over again,your story is so touching that I felt tears dripping from my inside

"He used it until it was no more. At this time, I was no longer screaming with pain. I was too weak to cry. I could see the sadness in the eyes of my siblings and looked on to them with a little strand of hope in my eyes that they will save me. They could not and I thought I was dying."

Your experience looks like mine, it was not my father,but my guardian..thought they are to protect,defend and keep me..but the reverse is the case.
Re: The Most Traumatic Experience You Ever Suffered In Your Life by usermane(m): 3:09pm On Dec 31, 2012
Liciase: Mine was my 3rd year in uni,was attacked by robbers,beaten collected my phones,taken into 2 a rice plantation n raped.i felt terrible,worst of all it was a day 2 my birthday.
Am so much sorry. This is depressing. People could be heartless Liciase. Only one person ambushed, robbed,beaten and ... But man can never escape the backlash of his action. Recovering from that takes God 's intervention.
But like they say... "the show continues". U musn't let it weigh u down, u have to move on.

1 Like

Re: The Most Traumatic Experience You Ever Suffered In Your Life by azimibraun: 3:09pm On Dec 31, 2012
Watching the video clip of the Aluu 4.. I havnt bin dsame since watching that horrific clip. I havnt stop 2 think abt them everyday since dt day. It has changed my perception of human biengs and nigerians 4eva. We are all alive 2 day because of our fellow man wants us and nt God is what the Aluu ppl tot me." If Men wia God"
Re: The Most Traumatic Experience You Ever Suffered In Your Life by Agbgift(f): 3:13pm On Dec 31, 2012
First was loosing my mum in 2010 few days after I left for school. It was like a film trick even uptill nw. Secondly was dis year wen all I tried to put unto a relationship went down d drain. Lost urge sum of money close to 200k in d mist of joblessness dat is eating deep into d society daily,and dis money belongs to somone who I collected tins uncredit from for dis so called love.nd so many oda items all in d name of love. I felt like a very stupid person@ d end. Hated for no jst cost. And d end wat do I get in return dat am nt well behaved lady. One tin I tank God for is dat it was nt my life dat was lost. But dat love was taken for granted.
Re: The Most Traumatic Experience You Ever Suffered In Your Life by Nobody: 3:19pm On Dec 31, 2012
1stToComment:

Touching story, were you really their biological son?
Forgive them ko
Re: The Most Traumatic Experience You Ever Suffered In Your Life by Nobody: 3:29pm On Dec 31, 2012
Liciase: Mine was my 3rd year in uni,was attacked by robbers,beaten collected my phones,taken into 2 a rice plantation n raped.i felt terrible,worst of all it was a day 2 my birthday.
So sorry dear.... Forgive them

Some of the stories are just too touching, please all of you who passed through a lot should please let go and let God. Traumas should not make you feel lesser, may God heal your wounds Amen.

1 Like

Re: The Most Traumatic Experience You Ever Suffered In Your Life by vislabraye(m): 3:34pm On Dec 31, 2012
The most traumatic period of my life happened on a Dec 9th, I'm not sure of the year.
I remember taking a long walk alone at night.
I was returning from Sanusi Fafunwa when I notice a man cross from the other side of the road to where I was. The road was busy and I didn't notice anything.
But before I knew, the man touched me and spoke a word. Reflexively, I started speaking in tongues. My voice was so loud and the tongues gushed out without my control. In fact I got scared.
The road became still. The man was shocked and started walking away as fast as he could. I didn't follow him up. I hurried up. I guessed I was overwhelmed and didn't know how to react.

The second most was the period I was around 11 years of age. I woke up one night and discovered there were unknown faces sharing the same bed with me.
Apparently, my cousins who plated Bob marley hair style were sharing the bed. But that day and because it was dark, the silhouette of their heads, appeared to be some hideous beasts.
They were very ugly. Not only that, I saw a shadow in the mirror looking back.
And when I looked through the window, I saw a very tall man ( as tall as a mast) wearing a white t-shirt and blue jeans. He held a sword in his hand. He had a comical smile on his face but he stood like a statue.
These things happened for close to 15 minutes. It was horrific.
Re: The Most Traumatic Experience You Ever Suffered In Your Life by usermane(m): 3:38pm On Dec 31, 2012
ddippset: 4 traumatic events in my life, keeping it simple and short. 1. Witnessing a road accident along kaduna abuja road in 2000.I saw bodies of people with opened up skulls and all the whitish stuff showing. 2.growing up in the northern coast of nigeria in kaduna and witnessing the sharia riots of 2000 and seeing people dismembered and others thrown into wells alive. 3 and 4. Watching clips of the aluu 4 being beaten and burnt alive and clips of boko haram soldiers slitting throats of snitches within their organisations in 2012.
Your traumas are horror filled and horror is something that scares the hell out of me. Watching or witnessing fatal accident,bloody riot and mass massacre is tremendously gory.
As for the Aluu 4 clip, i haven't seen it and to b frank i don't want ruin my holiday mourning and sulking over a bloody video.
Re: The Most Traumatic Experience You Ever Suffered In Your Life by chacha3(f): 3:42pm On Dec 31, 2012
Mine was when my daughter ws sick,she was a year plus then,she started vomitting in the evening so i bought drugs for her only for her condition to become critical in the night we then took her to the hosp there was no bed space and the doc said she needed to be admitted ,at this point she started stooling as well and ws getting weak my God,I started crying cos she was losing it we went to three more hosp no bedspace finally she got admitted,we spent a week in the hosp but she was not improving we were then transferred to another hosp where we spent another week, through out that time all I could do was cry as if that was not enough I lost a close friend of seven yrs while my gurl was on admissn i then travelled home for my frnd's burial after my gurl was discharged. It was so traumatic for me.
Re: The Most Traumatic Experience You Ever Suffered In Your Life by YoshiMaster: 3:50pm On Dec 31, 2012
mine was jumping into the pool with just boxers thinking that would be enough, and the water was cold, go figure.

1 Like

Re: The Most Traumatic Experience You Ever Suffered In Your Life by Nobody: 4:00pm On Dec 31, 2012
My roomate back in the university had an accident and was rushed to the hospital, the doctors refused to take her into the ward talkless of treating her on the ground that we should get a police report.we kept begging them, She was also crying and begging them due to the severe pains she was feeling. Later on her tommy started getting bigger and after 2hours she died outside the hospital, outside and it was drizzling.
Since then I hated doctors and vowed never to visit an hospital even when am sick.
Imagine refusing to treat a student just because we didn't come with a police report to state she actually had an accident.
Re: The Most Traumatic Experience You Ever Suffered In Your Life by YoshiMaster: 4:06pm On Dec 31, 2012
nne3870: My roomate back in the university had an accident and was rushed to the hospital, the doctors refused to take her into the ward talkless of treating her on the ground that we should get a police report.we kept begging them, She was also crying and begging them due to the severe pains she was feeling. Later on her tommy started getting bigger and after 2hours she died outside the hospital, outside and it was drizzling.
Since then I hated doctors and vowed never to visit an hospital even when am sick.
Imagine refusing to treat a student just because we didn't come with a police report to state she actually had an accident.

That is cold.
Re: The Most Traumatic Experience You Ever Suffered In Your Life by cutekonkolo(f): 4:07pm On Dec 31, 2012
When i lost ma loving, caring and irreplaceable hubby, i still feel shocked till 2day
Re: The Most Traumatic Experience You Ever Suffered In Your Life by YoshiMaster: 4:08pm On Dec 31, 2012
You know what guys, I do not think there is any need to revisit past bad memories.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Please I Need Your Advice I Feel Like Killing My Husband / Need A Healthy Female Ready To Raise A Kid / Most Women Respect Spiritual Leaders Than Their Husband - Bamisepeter's Blog

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 140
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.