Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,267 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:51 AM

Why Do Women Dress Indecently To Church Nowadays - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Women Dress Indecently To Church Nowadays (26596 Views)

Homeless Man Inspired Me To Go To Church Today (Photo) / Some Things That Happens In The Church Of God Nowadays / Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Women Dress Indecently To Church Nowadays by eazzzy1(m): 8:37am On Dec 31, 2012
Re: Why Do Women Dress Indecently To Church Nowadays by GlorifiedTunde(m): 8:55am On Dec 31, 2012
eazzzy1:
Yh christian were all about girls nt wearing trousers some yrs ago!! Nw its wearing revealing top,some of u dnt even knw d meaning of bin indecent...if the holyghost can come upon someone on mini-skirt,then who r u to describe wat constitutes indecent dressing?? I maintain my stand on God looks at the inside...if u r carried away by the dressing then its u who's suppose to remove ur eyes because it makes u sin..yh islam allows marryin of more than a wife,but nt all muslims marry more than one..u still see some poor pple who can't take care of even 1 wife marrying 2 or 3,funniest tin d next is always finer than d previous..it all boils down to indecency my brother.

HELLO! Why won't the HolyGhost come on som1 wearing mini-skirt? Haven't u heard that the gift of God is without repentance - He will freely give u the HolyGhost, bv that doesn't mean you are absolutely right with God. The HG helps you to change for the better as time goes on, u drop every weight of sin because not everyone can do that immediately after giving their lives to Christ. It takes a process, with the help of HG, empowering you.
After a while with the HG, u ought not be told to dress decently to Church. Ask yourself, will an unbeliever receive the gospel of Christ from me dressed with all my flesh out in public? FOOD FOR TOT!
Re: Why Do Women Dress Indecently To Church Nowadays by k9ine(m): 9:20am On Dec 31, 2012
Are you surprised? No don't be, because the pastors permit it.
If you ask, they would tell you God looks at the heart, and not the outward appearance. Excellent! Soon they would be permitted to wear their pants & bra to such houses. The painful thing is that these so called 'pastors, churches & members' bring ridicule to the name of Christ Jesus (may God help them).
Most pentecostal bible bashing church worker wants to run a 'church' (sorry, weekly earnings business).
Re: Why Do Women Dress Indecently To Church Nowadays by Nobody: 9:39am On Dec 31, 2012
Glorified_Tunde:

I really agree with u on that, one can hardly concentrate when sitting by them. Thats why I usually do what the Bible says, Flee!
If it takes insisting the usher seats u somwhere else, please do. Sebi na God we go meet. Even my friends know I avoid them during service, I do not like talking or being distracted during service. THATS JUST ME!

see coincidence o,

simply cuz i disagree with most of ur comment from the previous pages (1-4) was what actually prompted me to post my comment..........I tracked u to page five.
Ordinarily,i just wanted to read first page and go......but i kept following ur post!!!!

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::;;;;;;;
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

One should actually go for a Church that worship God for God not for World........!!!!!

1 cor 8;12..........

''But when ye sin so against
the brethren,and wound
their weak conscience,
ye sin against christ''

The morals of this verse;
Whatever u do that makes ur fellow brethren to sin before God is a sin........!!!!
Re: Why Do Women Dress Indecently To Church Nowadays by octavian(m): 10:55am On Dec 31, 2012
@OP, reasonable post.. The truth is these, the Pastors need to re-emphasize and take a stand on indecent dressing. In a church that i know, when a lady wears anything revealing the Ushers stop them at the door to give them either Wrapper to tie or a scarf to cover the head.

These measures are taken so as not to hinder the person from the service, however if she refuses the wrapper or scarf she can't join the service
Re: Why Do Women Dress Indecently To Church Nowadays by coogar: 10:58am On Dec 31, 2012
hrhobi1:
HMM @cougar, something inside me tells me your the same old bootyonme

Possessed you are woman. Get deliverance immediately.

that something inside you would be your downfall. i have no doubt the result of your autopsy would read death by stupidity
Re: Why Do Women Dress Indecently To Church Nowadays by GlorifiedTunde(m): 11:22am On Dec 31, 2012
donroxy:

see coincidence o,

simply cuz i disagree with most of ur comment from the previous pages (1-4) was what actually prompted me to post my comment..........I tracked u to page five.
Ordinarily,i just wanted to read first page and go......but i kept following ur post!!!!

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::;;;;;;;
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

One should actually go for a Church that worship God for God not for World........!!!!!

1 cor 8;12..........

''But when ye sin so against
the brethren,and wound
their weak conscience,
ye sin against christ''

The morals of this verse;
Whatever u do that makes ur fellow brethren to sin before God is a sin........!!!!

I wasn't keeping track chief
Re: Why Do Women Dress Indecently To Church Nowadays by Diligence: 12:11pm On Dec 31, 2012
One's unclothedness shld be covered not exposed... Those who are not ashamed to expose their bodies (and also give excuses for such) shall be ashamed when Christ appears!
Re: Why Do Women Dress Indecently To Church Nowadays by sweetangel1: 12:21pm On Dec 31, 2012
it all depend on d kind of church u go and kind of guy u date if he liks it or not but all d same god is nt after ur dressing but ur heart frm Angel
Re: Why Do Women Dress Indecently To Church Nowadays by Ask4bigneyo(m): 12:24pm On Dec 31, 2012
FXKing2012:

Did u go to church to look at what the ladies wear or u went there to listen to God's word?
Anyways, whatz the name of the church?

Do u need anybody to tell u that...
I guess d name of d church shud be...

SAINT BOTTLES CATHEDERAL a.k.a(SINNERS CHAPEL)
666, Dungeon Str,
HELL FIRE AVENUE,
Second Death State.
Re: Why Do Women Dress Indecently To Church Nowadays by Sike(m): 1:27pm On Dec 31, 2012
We are used to it, @OP.
Re: Why Do Women Dress Indecently To Church Nowadays by kuchikau: 3:25pm On Dec 31, 2012
ThankGod.. This nonsence cannot take place where i worship...tufia!! Taboo
Re: Why Do Women Dress Indecently To Church Nowadays by JeSoul(f): 7:06pm On Dec 31, 2012
Anymore insults and you will be banned. First & final warning. Thanks.
Re: Why Do Women Dress Indecently To Church Nowadays by BARRISTERS: 7:57pm On Dec 31, 2012
Our christian sisters will do well to consider these few quotes from their own personal bible before going to the house of God;

1 corinthians 8:9;
[size=18pt]Be careful, however, that the exercise of your freedom does not become a stumbling block to the weak.[/size]

1 Peter 3:3..... "Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes" Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight.

1 Timothy 2:9... "I also want women to [size=14pt]dress modestly, with decency and propriety"[/size],

1 Timothy 2:10.... "but with good deeds, [size=14pt]appropriate for women who profess to worship God[/size]".

it will go a long way to keep values, and not spread vices, may God help those who will be yielding to these, thanks!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Dress Indecently To Church Nowadays by edax(m): 10:38pm On Dec 31, 2012
They dress like dat for a purpose , trust women lol , they know hw to get what want and church is one of the right place to get dat. wink
Re: Why Do Women Dress Indecently To Church Nowadays by BARRISTERS: 10:52pm On Dec 31, 2012
They dress like dat for a purpose , trust women lol , they know hw to get what want and church is one of the right place to get dat.

but,if the pastors and overseers do not encourage that by shying away from the bible truth,they will not have the gut,it seems someone is promoting something to boost something selfish at the detriment of the christianity,isn'nt that funny? lets say the truth pls! church is not the right place, jezebel was thrown from a widow,and her beatiful body was consumed by dogs,its in the bible, jezebel is the one known for such provocative dressing and she got what she bargained for, why are pastors shying away from telling the truth as it were? funny enough it is widely condemed in their own bible as quoted above, but then they mute up!
Re: Why Do Women Dress Indecently To Church Nowadays by CGKing(m): 11:45pm On Dec 31, 2012
Remember, not everyone who comes to church is a full grown christian. The church really is a point of contact btw GOd and people, just like the temple of old. And most importantly, Gods eyes r trsinned on the sinner more than u can ever possibly understand. If u drive away the scantilty dressed, then u will kill a core essence of the church.
Re: Why Do Women Dress Indecently To Church Nowadays by BARRISTERS: 1:02am On Jan 01, 2013
Remember, not everyone who comes to church is a full grown christian. The church really is a point of contact btw GOd and people, just like the temple of old. And most importantly, Gods eyes r trsinned on the sinner more than u can ever possibly understand

yes we know, but

If u drive away the scantilty dressed, then u will kill a core essence of the church.
what do you mean by drive away? if a kind advice to submit to Gods standard is too hard to take then such aperson have no business in Gods house, principles and standards have to be adhered to, like foreigners who value their stay abroad would adhere to rules of their alien country even more than their own country, because they value the relationship with the country!
so in a structured house of God,the oversight of correcting this type of thing is given to the older women in the church, lets read;
Titus 2:3-5

"Likewise, teach the older women to be reverent in the way they live, not to be slanderers or addicted to much wine, but to teach what is good. 4 Then they can urge the younger women to love their husbands and children, 5 to [size=18pt]be self-controlled and pure,[/size] to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, so that no one will malign the word of God.

Gods arrangement is there in the bible, simplified, but many pastors choose to ignore it for selfish reasons!
Re: Why Do Women Dress Indecently To Church Nowadays by emmaelectelect(m): 12:13am On Nov 04, 2013
mascot87: The question should be ''why are our men of God not condemning in strong terms indecent dressing in the house of God'' undecided undecided .. Also, elders in the church and parents has a lot to do in this regard. When the pastor,the parents and elders collectively condemn the act of indecent dressing in the church by talking to them without relenting,you will change now and if guys form the habit of ignoring ladies that dress indecently to church then most of them will have a second thought. My opinion
If only they can be ignored, they will switch, but some men are really sick!!!
Re: Why Do Women Dress Indecently To Church Nowadays by tpia1: 5:33am On Jul 20, 2014
enigmagu1: guy!!! wetin carry your eye go there.... no vex o.....

why do people always ask this of "forced viewers" but never have any word for the "temptress displayers"?
Re: Why Do Women Dress Indecently To Church Nowadays by Nobody: 6:54am On Jul 20, 2014
emmaelectelect: If only they can be ignored, they will switch, but some men are really sick!!!
then sori for those men becuse Jesus christ will not take any excuse from them for disobeying matt 5 vs 27
Re: Why Do Women Dress Indecently To Church Nowadays by Nobody: 7:08am On Jul 20, 2014
and many women do not know or maybe they do not think that the average man will lust after her if she dresses indecently to church.she does not know that she is unknowingly working for satan,being used as a tool to silently cause men's downfall.she is making them candidates of hell through lust.hear this quote"if your dressing is sentencing souls to hell,know that you have already made all your eternal reservations in Hell"
Re: Why Do Women Dress Indecently To Church Nowadays by Nobody: 7:14am On Jul 20, 2014
if it is the inside that matters do you know that it is IMPOSSIBLE for a woman with a pure heart to dress indecently?that is why if you see any woman dressing indecently if you love her you will not look at her exposed body but warn her about the Serious ETernal consequences of what she is wearing.
Re: Why Do Women Dress Indecently To Church Nowadays by Nobody: 7:25am On Jul 20, 2014
A woman who has a pure heart will be walking in love and be careful about what she puts on so as not to make her fellow brother in Christ fall.women who dress indecently to church cannot be said to love their male brethren because if they know that such clothes can cause their downfall they won't wear it even though it makes them comfortable.they know that they have to put their love for God and others first before pleasing themselves.many so called christian girls who dress indecently have not one day sat down and think about these things.
Re: Why Do Women Dress Indecently To Church Nowadays by Nobody: 7:26am On Jul 20, 2014
A woman who has a pure heart will be walking in love and be careful about what she puts on so as not to make her fellow brother in Christ fall.women who dress indecently to church cannot be said to love their male brethren because if they know that such clothes can cause their downfall they won't wear it even though it makes them comfortable.they know that they have to put their love for God and others first before pleasing themselves.many so called christian women and girls who dress indecently have not one day sat down and think about these things.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Shiloh 2022: Covenant Highways (Live Thread) / Prophet Samuel Olaluwoye: Warnings For 2018- The Year Of Greater Expectations / Was Jesus Born On December 25? Is December 25 Jesus' Birthday?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.