Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,920 members, 7,814,100 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:45 AM

P-Square Block May D from Performing in Calabar - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / P-Square Block May D from Performing in Calabar (33370 Views)

Paul Okoye Shares A Pic Of P-Square Performing In Hilarious Costumes Way Back / Mariah Carey Performing In Lagos (Pictures) / Mary J Blige Performing In Nigeria (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: P-Square Block May D from Performing in Calabar by Hoodrat(m): 2:48am On Jan 03, 2013
May d shoulda know better the feud with his former bosses ought to be settled before having the chance/nerves to perform with them.

Come to think of it psquare already spent so many time rehearsing and planning their stage performance while may d took no part in it so how do you expect psquare to turn it all off just because of the circumstances that arose with mr may d been included in their plan which we all know they weren't aware of?

As for the feud between psquare and may d from my own personal research it has to do with impatience, poor management and a higher expectation from mr may d part. The song titled Know me which featured psquare was a leak one which got out through may d carelessness and his I Must Become a Super Star real quick attitude.

those were happening while psquare busy working hard to promote their invasion album,attending tours and reaping the benefit of their hard work which already paved way for mr may d fame in naija industry due to the features and impact mr may d had on the invasion album.

Mr may d was too impatient and couldn't stand p square test of time the truth is mr may d failed to understood patience is the ultimate key to achieve his dream on the square business,a close,hostile society and a family peter,paul,jude okoye prefer it that way alas they finally signed third party artist which we all know the twins need some amount of time to understand and figure out since they never used to signing artist or doing collaboration with anyone until recently.

Mr may d impatience attitude led him to confided in his friend davido who messed up the whole may d square record label deal by paying for the ile ijo video hoping he would get may d to sign to his HKN gang record label. If you watch the ile ijo video carefully no trace of p square inside it, the video was shot behind their consent which led to disagreement and deal termination.

No doubt may d got talent and I have become a fan of him ever since I heard his chop my money part, I have all his hit track on my iphone. I wish him all the best of luck and I wish psquare all the best too. The moral of the story are No Man Is An island,PATIENCE IS VIRTUE and THERE IS TIME FOR EVERYTHING!
I'm glad they have both moved on with their life.

7 Likes

Re: P-Square Block May D from Performing in Calabar by Ejine(m): 3:08am On Jan 03, 2013
My God, who knows what this guy did, for him to recieve such treatment.
From getting unceremoniously dropped from the label without his consent, to having all his songs yanked off YouTube, and now this?

Could he have leaked the company's secret formula to their rivals?

Could he have been selling and conducting some secret illicit deals with other companies?

Cuz I don't know what one could do to get such a boot.
Re: P-Square Block May D from Performing in Calabar by Moses247(m): 3:33am On Jan 03, 2013
Rubbish Na May D...dey Play wit dem na

1 Like

Re: P-Square Block May D from Performing in Calabar by Nuzo1(m): 4:04am On Jan 03, 2013
Seems like every arguement these days on this forum is based on tribal lines.

@Topic

If as your boss, you sabotage me by leaking/selling my songs before the release date, confiding and doing business with my rivals and shooting a music video without my knowledge...I will not only disgracefully sack you, I will also make sure you don't benefit from anything that has to do with my record label. And that includes performing on stage with me.

Until you humbly apologize.

4 Likes

Re: P-Square Block May D from Performing in Calabar by Nobody: 4:29am On Jan 03, 2013
^^^ Kai. I'm just reading what you and Hoodrat wrote. Is that what he did? I had no idea shocked
Re: P-Square Block May D from Performing in Calabar by gregg2: 5:48am On Jan 03, 2013
ortopazz:
nice reply, people fail to grab something, itz nt really the money, when u listen to that song, Mayd's part is the best, nt that it mataz, he shud av been allowed to perform, whats their own sef... Itz nt that it changes anything, it just makes them look like st.upid, spoilt kids.

May D's part is the best how? The yoruba flavour? I'm not really a fan of yoruba music and don't like that part.
Re: P-Square Block May D from Performing in Calabar by Moses247(m): 5:59am On Jan 03, 2013
IF U KNEW BETA U DO BETA. Bt if u knew notin u say Rubbish...ahahaha grin
Re: P-Square Block May D from Performing in Calabar by londoner: 6:15am On Jan 03, 2013
So, how did Psquare block him from anything?

This is the fault of the organisers. If they did not know may D was not part of the same record label, then who did they sign and arrange his agreement with?

You dont see Dbanj inviting Don Jazzy to perform with him do you?

Where artists have fallen out....they usually do not perform together do they?

Psquare and May d should not be blamed, it is the organisers who should be blamed.

1 Like

Re: P-Square Block May D from Performing in Calabar by Pat4lyf: 6:24am On Jan 03, 2013
Why is psquare behaving childish in front of akon,why cant they let mayd perform wit them,silly bois
Re: P-Square Block May D from Performing in Calabar by Brezzybone(m): 6:26am On Jan 03, 2013
One thing am sure of is dat, two cannot work except the agree, secondly no padi for jungle, especially in business. Truth is we all need the best to be among the best one way or the other.
Re: P-Square Block May D from Performing in Calabar by RuuDie(m): 6:33am On Jan 03, 2013
May-D was invited to perform on that show, no way he could have shown up there uninvited. . .was he going there to do his own songs or feature with P-square!!?

I want to assume that since it was reported that he wasn't in the P-square entourage and moved about solo, then that might mean he was billed to perform alone or do his own tracks and not necessarily be on stage with P-Qsuare at the same time.
For the organizers to pull the plug on him at the last minute; that is just unreasonable and totally unprofessional. If it was due to P-Square's influence, then that is just gross and speaks very badly of them, irrespective of whatever (if anything at all) May-D may have done to them!

1 Like

Re: P-Square Block May D from Performing in Calabar by hackbros(m): 6:35am On Jan 03, 2013
Its mr mayd.......no mind dose twins if dem 2 do give dem jackie chan!!!or oppa gangnam style
Re: P-Square Block May D from Performing in Calabar by PlantainBoy(m): 6:52am On Jan 03, 2013
free13: @op
Do you work for May D?
The song belongs to p-square. They can do what they like with it.
By the way, i thought May D has got his own record company. undecided
Why is he still following/begging p-square to perform on their track?
This is the most sensible comment in this thread. I don't hate MayD, but since Psquare decided to kick him out of Square Records 'just like that', he shouldn't be going after them or looking to perform any song with them on stage. He has better things to concentrate on, his new record label mostly.
Re: P-Square Block May D from Performing in Calabar by Nobody: 6:57am On Jan 03, 2013
But he has his own songs na. He could have gone to Calabar, thinking he was performing his own tracks.
Re: P-Square Block May D from Performing in Calabar by enigmagu1(m): 7:06am On Jan 03, 2013
sanchez4eva: Good riddance to soundtrack rubbish

speak smal smal english na!! i beg of u
Re: P-Square Block May D from Performing in Calabar by deor03(m): 7:23am On Jan 03, 2013
The question is Will Robin Van Persie play for Arsenal in Friendly or Real game anymore ?
The answer is NO

Sentiments aside, Music is also business. If an employee of a company parts ways with the company,he has no business representing the interest of that company,except in a mutually agreed arrangement.

Also,Musians don't just hop on stage and perform. They do rehearsals. You don't expect Psquare to be surprised on stage featuring MayD.

Then, when MayD was contacted by organizers, why not come open and tell them that he won't be performing any square records song?

1 Like

Re: P-Square Block May D from Performing in Calabar by JahJaa(m): 7:26am On Jan 03, 2013
truelove.com:

A fan is a fan , any day anytime. Psquare's real fans will always support Psquare against mayd , no matter who caused the beef.……I just stopped listening 2 mayd's songs, just because of his beef with psquare---Thats the passion fans have for their celebs
smiley
truelove.com:

A fan is a fan , any day anytime. Psquare's real fans will always support Psquare against mayd , no matter who caused the beef.……I just stopped listening 2 mayd's songs, just because of his beef with psquare---Thats the passion fans have for their celebs
na true u talk

1 Like

Re: P-Square Block May D from Performing in Calabar by Nobody: 7:28am On Jan 03, 2013
Libkid: And that is wat i call And that is wat i call And that is wat i call WICKEDNESS.those dudes stole timaya's beating and also went ahead to steal sarkodie azonto dance steps yet they had to treat may d dis way.GOD PUNISH THEM
the alingo song got some sample from chuk d crazy as well...
Re: P-Square Block May D from Performing in Calabar by truelovecom: 7:55am On Jan 03, 2013
ogugua88: But he has his own songs na. He could have gone to Calabar, thinking he was performing his own tracks.

I dont feel sorry for mayd, cos people wey get yash no sabi sidon.……I wish i had the kind of privilege mayd had with psquare-my life would never be the same again.
Re: P-Square Block May D from Performing in Calabar by gerald09(m): 7:59am On Jan 03, 2013
MayD don't worry its part of d hustle all the grrt 1s went tru bullshits like dis, nw its tym to show Psquare whoz boss!
Re: P-Square Block May D from Performing in Calabar by Nobody: 8:01am On Jan 03, 2013
U guyz ar jst beating around d bush. P square and May D kwn very well that dey will be performin 2gether. D terms of d agreement which was sent to individual artist would av stated this. P sqaure waited to d last minute in order to disgrace may D and may D on his own part behave childish 4 nt contactin d organiser to clearify d terms of d show. It's jst a big cover up 4 d organiser to say dey ar nt aware dat may D and P square av parted, and Dey even sound like a fo'ol. P square shuld jst av inform May D on d plane that dey wnt be performin alongside wit him and he shuld slt himself out wit d organiser. P square goin to rubbish d mind of d organiser is absurd. Anyway, May D play d biggest Fo'ol.
Re: P-Square Block May D from Performing in Calabar by rhymz(m): 8:08am On Jan 03, 2013
may d is an eediot, period. he is an ungrateful dupe. was he hoping to perform with people had problems with without any prio arrangement? that guy is yet to understand how the music business works, im think say na sentiments dem dey take do am. only a dubious person will have such hopes after how he was summarily dropped from the record and the nonsense he did that got him the ass-kick from the label. eediot that allowed davido to dictate his personal dealings with his own record label. just like davido they are not talented, the difference between them is that davido has got daddy's influence to open doors for him. slowpoke that threw away a golden opportunity to roll with the big dogs only to want to benefit from it after all. . scheeew
truelove.com:

I dont feel sorry for mayd, cos people wey get yash no sabi sidon.……I wish i had the kind of privilege mayd had with psquare-my life would never be the same again.
Re: P-Square Block May D from Performing in Calabar by rhymz(m): 8:15am On Jan 03, 2013
De_ Law: U guyz ar jst beating around d bush. P square and May D kwn very well that dey will be performin 2gether. D terms of d agreement which was sent to individual artist would av stated this. P sqaure waited to d last minute in order to disgrace may D and may D on his own part behave childish 4 nt contactin d organiser to clearify d terms of d show. It's jst a big cover up 4 d organiser to say dey ar nt aware dat may D and P square av parted, and Dey even sound like a fo'ol. P square shuld jst av inform May D on d plane that dey wnt be performin alongside wit him and he shuld slt himself out wit d organiser. P square goin to rubbish d mind of d organiser is absurd. Anyway, May D play d biggest Fo'ol.
Guy PSquare will worry about their own interest not that of the ungratefulMay D. is May D a kid, unless he is delusional with stoopid pride, why did he not contact the organizers and explained things to them, unless nof course he is a rogue that expects to reap where he did not sow.
Re: P-Square Block May D from Performing in Calabar by truelovecom: 8:27am On Jan 03, 2013
gerald09: MayD don't worry its part of d hustle all the grrt 1s went tru bullshits like dis, nw its tym to show Psquare whoz boss!

For your mind, you think mayd will later out shine psquare. Keep dreaming!!
Re: P-Square Block May D from Performing in Calabar by Abagworo(m): 8:27am On Jan 03, 2013
It is useless for anyone to join a family owned record label and expect to be projected the same way as the family members. Destiny's child wasn't only Beyonce but because it was a family business of the Knowles, they sidelined the other members and had to regroup a new Destiny's child which also reduced to 3 from 4 within a year and right now the group is no more while Beyonce is a superstar. May D should just sign to Mavin records. He'll do well there.
Re: P-Square Block May D from Performing in Calabar by Nobody: 8:27am On Jan 03, 2013
afam4eva:
It's not Psquare's problem but that of the organizers.

Dont mind Nairalanders who put emotions before logic.

You invited me for a show and billed me to perform my song along with an artiste who did a remix with me and he has left my label. Simple understanding is too difficult for them.

Did mayD write the song NO. He only participated in the remix.

1 Like

Re: P-Square Block May D from Performing in Calabar by Nobody: 8:43am On Jan 03, 2013
Abdul Adam56: Thats a pity 4 may d,but may d everythin is gonna be ok.p square all their music are copy copy,thats why timaya said he wil sue them 4 alingo,cos they copy sexy ladies.

And how many artistes in Africa copied the beats of ''Do me'' and ''Busy body''

I just wonder why unachievers like basking in the euphoria of criticism.
Re: P-Square Block May D from Performing in Calabar by truelovecom: 8:47am On Jan 03, 2013
rhymz: may d is an eediot, period. he is an ungrateful dupe. was he hoping to perform with people had problems with without any prio arrangement? that guy is yet to understand how the music business works, im think say na sentiments dem dey take do am. only a dubious person will have such hopes after how he was summarily dropped from the record and the nonsense he did that got him the ass-kick from the label. eediot that allowed davido to dictate his personal dealings with his own record label. just like davido they are not talented, the difference between them is that davido has got daddy's influence to open doors for him. slowpoke that threw away a golden opportunity to roll with the big dogs only to want to benefit from it after all. . scheeew

Your right on point!!!
Re: P-Square Block May D from Performing in Calabar by Enoquin(f): 8:48am On Jan 03, 2013
angry Was it not P-square in an interview after their first or second album that talked on how they weren't given a chance. How they were chased out of the club they used for their 'busy body' video after their time had expired even after much begging and they had to continue outside with 'e don happen'?
Re: P-Square Block May D from Performing in Calabar by sojiboy(m): 8:55am On Jan 03, 2013
P square Make there cash,u guys re talkin Trash,Was it Chop my money dat brought Psquare to lime light Busy body,Do me,Bunnie ya,Tell us a story,Onyinye,Possibility,anytin u do,Gimme dat,Omoge mi,miss U die,Roll it,temptation and d rest of dat are sang in Nigeria like National Anthem and u re busy sayin u May d make d chp my money nice,MayD ko,March C ni.Mayd u want to make it u dont break dem(psquare).
I think dat is d 1st lesson u will be taught in Music industry more to come jaw

4 Likes

Re: P-Square Block May D from Performing in Calabar by Nobody: 8:57am On Jan 03, 2013
Libkid: u are on point bro.p-square were afraid wat d outcome would b lyk wen may d will trill the fans with ilejo and u gat me high.believe me without may d dat chop my money and do as i do would have bin a wack.abeg dat guy voice and tiwa savage na real argh*faints*

**pours water and brukutu on libkid to revive him***

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Cruz, Vandora's Boyfriend Lavishes Her With Encomium / Mary Remmy-Njoku And Husband Welcome Daughter (photos) / Ini Edo In Bed With No Makeup On

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.