Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,778 members, 7,820,719 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:12 PM

Very Low Self-esteem Please Advice! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Very Low Self-esteem Please Advice! (2501 Views)

Low Self Esteem Signs (women) / 9 Ways Guys With Low Self Esteem Show Desperation When Trying 2 Get a Girlfriend / Low-self Esteem And Gold-digging Nigerian Girls Will Not Let Me Be (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Very Low Self-esteem Please Advice! by Nobody: 6:06am On Jan 03, 2013
Re: Very Low Self-esteem Please Advice! by Nobody: 6:09am On Jan 03, 2013
Please advice me.thankyou!
Re: Very Low Self-esteem Please Advice! by olumaxi(m): 6:23am On Jan 03, 2013
U beta find somtin else to do wit ur lyf..a relatnshp of 10yrs?..ask ursef d reason he hasnt gone al dis yrs..u had beta dont use ur isolatn/curiosity to drive him away..al tinz creatd by God r beautiful
Re: Very Low Self-esteem Please Advice! by CrazyMan(m): 6:23am On Jan 03, 2013
God said we were fearfully and wonderfully made...he made us in his image and likeness.

Stop looking down on yourself. At the appointed time, your man would come for you...so please don't be a slave to anyone simply because you want him to date or marry you.

2 Likes

Re: Very Low Self-esteem Please Advice! by Nobody: 6:27am On Jan 03, 2013
Re: Very Low Self-esteem Please Advice! by Nobody: 6:32am On Jan 03, 2013
CrazyMan: God said we were fearfully and wonderfully made...he made us in his image and likeness.

Stop looking down on yourself. At the appointed time, your man would come for you...so please don't be a slave to anyone simply because you want him to date or marry you.
Re: Very Low Self-esteem Please Advice! by CrazyMan(m): 6:49am On Jan 03, 2013
@kenyattaMoore:
lol I am not a slave,I am the tough one in the relationship but I am just not so sure anymore that he will pass on a beautiful face girl and marry me I guess I am very desperate now I don't know what to do. People also tell me that I am lucky because nobody will want appart from him
Then give him a reason to marry you.

I once knew a couple who dated for about 8 years, and the guy ended up marrying some other girl. His excuse was that he has no reason to marry her. He probably must have been fed up with her, and she on the other end would have lowered her guard (female charms) thinking 8 years is enough time for them to get along. How wrong she was.

If you ask me to buy a packet of shirt from your store, you should be able to convince me beyond every reasonable doubt that - that particular shirt is much better than the ones in other dealers shop.

Same thing goes for marriage...for a guy to take that huge step and make a proposal, you must convinced him that you're much better than the girl next door. That come rain, come sunshine, your love towards him wouldn't shrink.

Prove to him that love goes far beyond beauty and I'm sure that you would have cause to smile at the end of the day.

2 Likes

Re: Very Low Self-esteem Please Advice! by Mynd44: 7:04am On Jan 03, 2013
You only see yourself as ugly babe. Beauty is relative and some people don't care about physical appearances. What is important id that you unvest in yourself as a person and build youself as a person.

Beauty comes from the inside and you better realise it

5 Likes

Re: Very Low Self-esteem Please Advice! by LadyTC: 7:53am On Jan 03, 2013
@kenyattaMoore:
People always call me my face ugly and this has made me contemplate suicide several times. .even now cry but everybody says that I have a beautiful no. 8 figure and some women envy it.I‘ve been dating this guy for nearly 10 years now we are in our late twenties planning to get married in less than 2 yrs but the thing is I have zero confidence left in me and I am afraid that he will a girl who has a cuter face to marry. He also never compliments me about my looks ...this situation is killing me ,I don't go out anymore ,I just stay indoors for fear of people

Dear miss low selfesteem,
Nobody is perfect we all have flaws, you have found a guy that wants to marry you, not because of your facial beauty, he must see all the beautiful things about you and loves you for them, do not fret but give thanks to GOD. The so called beautiful girls you compare yourself to don't have a man as mature as yours who understands loving someone is not just about being facial acceptable by the world. Thank GOD you have a face somepeople don't. Give thanks to GOD.
Re: Very Low Self-esteem Please Advice! by Nobody: 8:08am On Jan 03, 2013
My dear, you have to believe in yourself. Low self esteem is a turn off for most people including your guy. Don't take him for granted cos you've been together that long. And don't also seem desperate because others have said he's the only one that will marry you. Don't believe in those lies. The only way you can overcome low esteem is to first of all know your worth as a person. Every human being has worth and every human being has flaws. Know your worth,and see yourself from God's eyes. He made you and loves you. When you realise that what others think don't matter except what God thinks and says, you will appreciate your worth. Do those things which give you joy. There's nothing more beautiful than someone who radiates happiness all around and you get to do that when you are confident in yourself

2 Likes

Re: Very Low Self-esteem Please Advice! by digitalgeorgy(m): 9:03am On Jan 03, 2013
Let me use this opportunity to express this observation, why is it that almost every lady in a relatnship sees marriage as the next step?? There is a big diff between relatnshp and courtship.i dnt believe that all relatnshp will end up in marriage.
That aside.. I believe beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder, u may nt be dat beautifl physically bt morally, financially, scripturally nko?? Madam, sumtyn is pulling him to you. If he wants to marry you, perfct. Else, dnt think its because of ur physcl looks.
Re: Very Low Self-esteem Please Advice! by Nobody: 3:11pm On Jan 03, 2013
Don't ever let the negative words of people discourage you to the point of contemplating suicide. Cheer up. And what do you mean by you don't go out?? You better get out there! Don't be scared. If anyone's mean to you, send them my way and watch me give them a big backhand angry angry. Hugs, OP.

2 Likes

Re: Very Low Self-esteem Please Advice! by Nobody: 7:41pm On Jan 03, 2013
thankyou everyboby,I very much appreciate all your kind words and advices.

1 Like

Re: Very Low Self-esteem Please Advice! by Nobody: 1:03pm On Feb 18, 2013
My dear, kindly read this article: Bearded Sikh woman teaches Reddit a lesson.

A young Sikh woman -- whose photo was taken at an airport, posted online, and then ridiculed by hundreds -- is being hailed across the web today after defending herself so eloquently that her original tormentor felt compelled to apologize to all Sikhs everywhere.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/yourcommunity/2012/09/bearded-sikh-woman-teaches-reddit-a-lesson.html

(You will see her beautiful response a little down the page).

1 Like

Re: Very Low Self-esteem Please Advice! by lolaluv1(f): 1:39pm On Feb 18, 2013
OP
You need to get rid of those 'frenemies' telling you to feel lucky; that he is the only one that can marry you.

Says who? Look here, you need to get a life of your own and stop waiting and living your life for a man. When you do that, then your own man would come to complete the picture and not a moment before.
You also need to set goals and work on achieving them so that your self confidence would skyrocket. Wish you all the best!!!

1 Like

Re: Very Low Self-esteem Please Advice! by Mynd44: 2:04pm On Feb 18, 2013
^^
Nice
Re: Very Low Self-esteem Please Advice! by Nobody: 5:20am On Feb 19, 2013
Mynd_44: You only see yourself as ugly babe. Beauty is relative and some people don't care about physical appearances. What is important id that you unvest in yourself as a person and build youself as a person.

Beauty comes from the inside and you better realise it

This is a funny response... angry
Re: Very Low Self-esteem Please Advice! by Nobody: 2:34am On Feb 20, 2013
SniperInADiaper:

This is a funny response... angry

Y?
Re: Very Low Self-esteem Please Advice! by lolaluv1(f): 3:35am On Feb 20, 2013
Mynd_44: ^^
Nice

Thanks...
Re: Very Low Self-esteem Please Advice! by Nobody: 3:49am On Feb 20, 2013
lola.luv:
OP
You need to get rid of those 'frenemies' telling you to feel lucky; that he is the only one that can marry you.

Says who? Look here, you need to get a life of your own and stop waiting and living your life for a man. When you do that, then your own man would come to complete the picture and not a moment before.
You also need to set goals and work on achieving them so that your self confidence would skyrocket. Wish you all the best!!!

Thankyou Lola smiley
Re: Very Low Self-esteem Please Advice! by Nobody: 3:54am On Feb 20, 2013
@kenyattaMoore:

Y?

Cos he is one UGLY MOFO angry angry
Re: Very Low Self-esteem Please Advice! by Nobody: 3:57am On Feb 20, 2013
SniperInADiaper:

Cos he is one UGLY MOFO angry angry

Mynd is ugly? cheesy I dont mind he still has a beautiful heart .
Re: Very Low Self-esteem Please Advice! by lolaluv1(f): 4:07am On Feb 20, 2013
@kenyattaMoore:

Thankyou Lola smiley

You're welcome, darling. Humans are resilient. You can overcome virtually anything you want to.
Especially low self esteem.
And you need to. Because alot of things that will happen in your life will be based on the way you see yourself.
If you don't place a high price on yourself, people will buy you less than you're worth.
I used to be shy and very bad at public speaking.
Now, I give the best talks in class. If we have a presentation, my group wants me to be the one to talk.
It wasn't possible before. I had to work on my self and I'm still constantly pushing myself to improve.

You can do anything you really want to do. It might be grueling. Hard. Painful. But you can.
Take care, dear.

1 Like

Re: Very Low Self-esteem Please Advice! by Nobody: 4:13am On Feb 20, 2013
lola.luv:

You're welcome, darling. Humans are resilient. You can overcome virtually anything you want to.
Especially low self esteem.
And you need to. Because alot of things that will happen in your life will be based on the way you see yourself.
If you don't place a high price on yourself, people will buy you less than you're worth.
I used to be shy and very bad at public speaking.
Now, I give the best talks in class. If we have a presentation, my group wants me to be the one to talk.
It wasn't possible before. I had to work on my self and I'm still constantly pushing myself to improve.

You can do anything you really want to do. It might be grueling. Hard. Painful. But you can.
Take care, dear.

How did you do that? did you read some special books to help you build up your self esteem?please share cry I am tired of this situation.
Re: Very Low Self-esteem Please Advice! by Nobody: 4:47am On Feb 20, 2013
@kenyattaMoore:

Mynd is ugly? cheesy I dont mind he still has a beautiful heart .

Ask him... I thought it was funny him telling somebody that considering he always says he is ugly.
Re: Very Low Self-esteem Please Advice! by Nobody: 4:49am On Feb 20, 2013
did you delete your post? I dont know what to comment on....
Re: Very Low Self-esteem Please Advice! by Nobody: 4:54am On Feb 20, 2013
Mr knowitall.:
did you delete your post? I dont know what to comment on....

No I did not, I have very low self esteem,dontknow how to build it up.Please commment smiley
Re: Very Low Self-esteem Please Advice! by Nobody: 5:00am On Feb 20, 2013
@kenyattaMoore:

No I did not, I have very low self esteem,dontknow how to build it up.Please commment smiley

I dont even know where to even start....first, have you been like this since childhood?
Re: Very Low Self-esteem Please Advice! by Nobody: 5:03am On Feb 20, 2013
Mr knowitall.:

I dont even know where to even start....first, have you been like this since childhood?

Yes since my teen years,now it's getting worse.I can two whole weeks indoors cause I'am scared of people embarassed
Re: Very Low Self-esteem Please Advice! by Nobody: 5:12am On Feb 20, 2013
@kenyattaMoore:

Yes since my teen years,now it's getting worse.I can two whole weeks indoors cause I'am scared of people embarassed

thats interesting...but why are you insecure your face? body? arms? legs? why?
Re: Very Low Self-esteem Please Advice! by lolaluv1(f): 5:22am On Feb 20, 2013
@kenyattaMoore:

How did you do that? did you read some special books to help you build up your self esteem?please share cry I am tired of this situation.

Yes, I did. I prayed and I read.
You are on the internet, you can browse and find out tips to improve. And then you have to put yourself out there.
When you do, you'd be surprised to see the number of people that would gravitate towards you.

And you have to accept and love yourself.
Re: Very Low Self-esteem Please Advice! by Nobody: 5:25am On Feb 20, 2013
what are you insecure about? or whats making you insecure?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Top 50 Kinky Ideas For A Sexy Relationship: / 'm Yet 2 Set My Eyez On Her But She's Using My Pix To Discard Her BB Toasters. / Ebony Flavour

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.