Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,033 members, 7,818,047 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:00 AM

Would You Allow Your Parents To Chose For You A Husband/wife. - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Would You Allow Your Parents To Chose For You A Husband/wife. (6962 Views)

Can You Allow Your Best Friend Date Your Sister/brother? / Ladies: Who Would You Chose? Guys, Who Would You Chose For Your Sister? / Cute Names You Can Call Your Husband/wife/fiance/fiancee/better Half (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Allow Your Parents To Chose For You A Husband/wife. by Unluvable(f): 6:31pm On Jan 10, 2013
[quote author=kitty kat]No vex o, this ya username, any history behind it?
We'll have fun finding out
wink
On a serious note, so many things in life are unluvable...let's stop here for now. Your username is also intriguing.
Re: Would You Allow Your Parents To Chose For You A Husband/wife. by kittykat1(f): 6:35pm On Jan 10, 2013
U r so rite. But more are luvable. Abt mine its kitten o not the NLD kitty-cat [quote author=Unluvable*][/quote]
Re: Would You Allow Your Parents To Chose For You A Husband/wife. by harbibi: 6:39pm On Jan 10, 2013
Well if I already fancy the person then yes but otherwise capital NO.
Fine, it worked in those days but hey we are in a new age!
The common causes of depression nowadays is because we suppress what we real want and try to please others instead.
You only live once so please LIVE your LIFE and even if it doesn't work out you will still be satisfied that you followed your heart/head.
Re: Would You Allow Your Parents To Chose For You A Husband/wife. by Konnektions146(m): 6:44pm On Jan 10, 2013
arrangee is better ENDURED cos u wont wana offend yur parents but yu dont give a hood wat happens otherwise ,

@OP,
no, though my mum believes in me sha
Re: Would You Allow Your Parents To Chose For You A Husband/wife. by Unluvable(f): 7:02pm On Jan 10, 2013
kitty kat: U r so rite. But more are luvable. Abt mine its kitten o not the NLD kitty-cat
Who would have thought you had honorable intentions for choosing kitty, and yes to some people more are luvable while to others more aren't. Well let's me not risk sounding like a nihilist
Re: Would You Allow Your Parents To Chose For You A Husband/wife. by davroca16(m): 9:29pm On Jan 10, 2013
Finally!!!!!!!! My topic has made nairaland front page!!!! Am soooo happy. It took me days and sleepless nights to figure out the best topic to take me to front page!! And finally here I am in the nairaland front page!!! Thank GOD, and thanks to you all for your comments!!
Re: Would You Allow Your Parents To Chose For You A Husband/wife. by kittykat1(f): 10:23pm On Jan 10, 2013
And how much does that put in ur pocket?

davroca16: Finally!!!!!!!! My topic has made nairaland front page!!!! Am soooo happy. It took me days and sleepless nights to figure out the best topic to take me to front page!! And finally here I am in the nairaland front page!!! Thank GOD, and thanks to you all for your comments!!
Re: Would You Allow Your Parents To Chose For You A Husband/wife. by dokunbam(m): 10:44pm On Jan 10, 2013
lailai, not in my family. all they need is to advice and give their full support. my mom will ask 'do you like this one and where is she from thats all?
Re: Would You Allow Your Parents To Chose For You A Husband/wife. by obi2012: 4:16am On Jan 11, 2013
just because the divorce rates are low with arranged marriages doesn't mean the marriage work .. It just means they stay together while they are unhappy and probably have extra marital affairs, sleep in separate rooms and have children outside wedlock.
They probably stay together so as not to offend the same parents that put them in the arranged marriage in the first place.. That doesn't mean the arranged marriage works

claremont:
Actually, research has shown that arranged marriages actually have some of the lowest divorce rates.

1 Like

Re: Would You Allow Your Parents To Chose For You A Husband/wife. by Namiad(m): 8:54am On Jan 11, 2013
UncleJJ: People who marry for love get divorced
People who marry for money get divorced

People who marry on recommendation (parents mostly) have more prosperous marriage because marrying for love is like buying a house cos you like the color.

Marrying on parental recommendation in most cases is like buying a house on advice from a professional consultant - who takes into accounts

- goverment policies
- security
- buyer and seller behaviour
- building materials
- e.t.c

Our society was built by men and women who married on reccomendation - it's in such shamble today cos idiots like you and i buy everything the television sets sells us.

You need to remember marraige is long term investment, love grows and dies, loyalty is more important than love - cos loyalty is the sacrificial type of love.

People who marry on recommendation (parents mostly) have more prosperous marriage because marrying for love is like buying a house cos you like the color.

Marrying on parental recommendation in most cases is like buying a house on advice from a professional consultant - who takes into accounts

- goverment policies
- security
- building materials
- e.t.c

Our society was built by men and women who married on reccomendation - it's in such shamble today cos idiots like you and i buy everything the television sets sells us.

You need to remember marraige is long term investment, love grows and dies, loyalty is more important than love - cos loyalty is the sacrificial type of love.

- goverment policies
- security
- building materials
- e.t.c

nonesense!
Re: Would You Allow Your Parents To Chose For You A Husband/wife. by euna05(f): 10:56am On Jan 11, 2013
chronique: NO & NEVER. When problem of incompactibility arises later on in future,you'll hate them for doing that,and hate yourself for allowing it. My dad once tried it & I bluntly refused. Despite all pressures,I stood my ground. I'm an adult & want to be totally responsible for my actions.
true talk
Re: Would You Allow Your Parents To Chose For You A Husband/wife. by olyg: 2:50pm On Jan 11, 2013
the only thing i need from them is their advice,encouragement and support.But for them to dictatorially choose a wife for me without my consent and heart,I will say CAPITAL LETTER NO NO NO NO NO NO.it is my life and future.they can never force me to love and marry someone i do not like or my heart do not goes with.All i need is there ADVICE,ENCOURAGEMENT AND SUPPORT.REMEMBER MARRIAGE IS A MATTER OF LIFE AND DEATH.FOR BETTER FOR WORST TILL DEATH DO US APART.ONCE YOU MAKE THE DECISION,IT IS FOR LIFE.
Re: Would You Allow Your Parents To Chose For You A Husband/wife. by UncleJJ(m): 3:34pm On Jan 11, 2013
obi2012: just because the divorce rates are low with arranged marriages doesn't mean the marriage work .. It just means they stay together while they are unhappy and probably have extra marital affairs, sleep in separate rooms and have children outside wedlock.
They probably stay together so as not to offend the same parents that put them in the arranged marriage in the first place.. That doesn't mean the arranged marriage works

When something works, it stays together as long as they are still married and living under the same roof - there is hope.
But, a divorce is failure. Why u think, divorcee's have a hard time getting re-married... cos there failure's !!!
Re: Would You Allow Your Parents To Chose For You A Husband/wife. by obi2012: 7:08am On Jan 12, 2013
that is not true.. i know lots of people that are married and have been together for thirty years and the last twenty five, they sleep in separate rooms.. just because someone lives unders the same roof doesnt mean it is working or there is hope..
UncleJJ:

When something works, it stays together as long as they are still married and living under the same roof - there is hope.
But, a divorce is failure. Why u think, divorcee's have a hard time getting re-married... cos there failure's !!!
Re: Would You Allow Your Parents To Chose For You A Husband/wife. by donyekachi: 1:35pm On Jan 13, 2013
Summer 2013 Admission into the United States International University in Nairobi have Started..If your interested or would like to gain an Admission into USIU please send a mail to donyekachi@ymail.com for more information..
Re: Would You Allow Your Parents To Chose For You A Husband/wife. by Nobody: 5:18pm On Jan 13, 2013
capital no!
wat of if the woman wey my parents choose for me come be wowor person.so i go jus marry am because na my parents choose am?
tufia!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Is The Most Painful Thing A Guy/girl Ever Said To You / Ways To Tighten Your Vagina Wall / Beautiful Teenage Girl Almost Run Mad After Consuming "Drugs" In Abuja(Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.