Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,004 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:30 AM

Would You Allow Your Parents To Chose For You A Husband/wife. - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Would You Allow Your Parents To Chose For You A Husband/wife. (6961 Views)

Can You Allow Your Best Friend Date Your Sister/brother? / Ladies: Who Would You Chose? Guys, Who Would You Chose For Your Sister? / Cute Names You Can Call Your Husband/wife/fiance/fiancee/better Half (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Allow Your Parents To Chose For You A Husband/wife. by Nobody: 1:42pm On Jan 10, 2013
Hell no what 4 have I lost my chyking skills or have I lost my sense of judgement.
Re: Would You Allow Your Parents To Chose For You A Husband/wife. by Idowuogbo(f): 1:46pm On Jan 10, 2013
YuzedoII:
LMFAOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Idowu, be nice to me! Haba! grin grin grin
i'll try wink

1 Like

Re: Would You Allow Your Parents To Chose For You A Husband/wife. by profeoo(m): 1:46pm On Jan 10, 2013
No. They can only guide me in my choice of a wife,bt chosing for me, I'd rather prefer Nigeria wins d senior world cup.
Re: Would You Allow Your Parents To Chose For You A Husband/wife. by log1(m): 1:50pm On Jan 10, 2013
Graphy: No
Why?
Re: Would You Allow Your Parents To Chose For You A Husband/wife. by kittykat1(f): 1:50pm On Jan 10, 2013
If my mum was by chance his mom's skulmate and he happens to be Dammytex, I will say yes.
Re: Would You Allow Your Parents To Chose For You A Husband/wife. by Nobody: 1:53pm On Jan 10, 2013
ghettodreamz: [size=14pt]YES!

YES!!

YES!!![/size]

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

oops! sad
Re: Would You Allow Your Parents To Chose For You A Husband/wife. by simdam500(m): 1:57pm On Jan 10, 2013
Not at all o. D price of garri is not dsame
Re: Would You Allow Your Parents To Chose For You A Husband/wife. by FrenchyL(m): 1:58pm On Jan 10, 2013
outrage: Children of nowadays don spoil all claiming to tear eye. How do you think your parents got married?
That explains why they have so many broken homes. Many of them never got to know each other in the first place and it was only after the wedding that they discovered that they were not compatible. It doesn't mean that some of those arranged marriages didn't work but the divorce rate is also very high.
Re: Would You Allow Your Parents To Chose For You A Husband/wife. by claremont(m): 2:20pm On Jan 10, 2013
FrenchyL:
That explains why they have so many broken homes. Many of them never got to know each other in the first place and it was only after the wedding that they discovered that they were not compatible. It doesn't mean that some of those arranged marriages didn't work but the divorce rate is also very high.
Actually, research has shown that arranged marriages actually have some of the lowest divorce rates.
Re: Would You Allow Your Parents To Chose For You A Husband/wife. by Nobody: 2:22pm On Jan 10, 2013
UncleJJ: People who marry for love get divorced
People who marry for money get divorced

People who marry on recommendation (parents mostly) have more prosperous marriage because marrying for love is like buying a house cos you like the color.

Marrying on parental recommendation in most cases is like buying a house on advice from a professional consultant - who takes into accounts

- goverment policies
- security
- buyer and seller behaviour
- building materials
- e.t.c

Our society was built by men and women who married on reccomendation - it's in such shamble today cos idiots like you and i buy everything the television sets sells us.

You need to remember marraige is long term investment, love grows and dies, loyalty is more important than love - cos loyalty is the sacrificial type of love.
bros u too much. i agree with you 100percent
Re: Would You Allow Your Parents To Chose For You A Husband/wife. by deepwaters(f): 2:27pm On Jan 10, 2013
Depends...
They (my mum especially) can suggest/introduce/recommend someone, and let me take it from there and see if it will work out.
I will also value their view about anyone I decide to marry.
The final decision is still mine to make, but I know many parents can give valuable insight as far as choosing a partner is concerned.
Re: Would You Allow Your Parents To Chose For You A Husband/wife. by ochukoccna: 2:38pm On Jan 10, 2013
Depending on the scenario,I'll give it a try
Will any true parent want harm to come his child's way?
As long as its not those snobbish political&business marriage alliances but one in which their child's (not their's) interest is paramount.
Re: Would You Allow Your Parents To Chose For You A Husband/wife. by Eisenhower(m): 2:40pm On Jan 10, 2013
An indian was once asked" why are there little or no divorce in india even with there high pollution"? His response was "westerners marry who they love but we indian love who we marry"...my interpretation is in western marriages love decline after months or years or marriage but in indian marriages ,the love grows as the marriage grows. God help our generation!

2 Likes

Re: Would You Allow Your Parents To Chose For You A Husband/wife. by chikeorji123(m): 2:42pm On Jan 10, 2013
No!.
Re: Would You Allow Your Parents To Chose For You A Husband/wife. by Nobody: 2:45pm On Jan 10, 2013
log1:
Why?
cos i am a full grown woman and i can decide wats best 4 me,marriage aint a play ground bt a life time tin.

1 Like

Re: Would You Allow Your Parents To Chose For You A Husband/wife. by aydultimate7(m): 2:51pm On Jan 10, 2013
i can never do such thing cos its too bad u have to decide your life by yourself and not by your parents
Re: Would You Allow Your Parents To Chose For You A Husband/wife. by lazeal: 3:21pm On Jan 10, 2013
[size=25pt]FUNNY... ALL MY IGBO NEIGHBOUR DAUGHTER GOT MARRIED BY ARRANGY... In this age, the igbos still practise it wella [/size] grin grin grin
Re: Would You Allow Your Parents To Chose For You A Husband/wife. by Nobody: 3:47pm On Jan 10, 2013
NEVER!!!!!!!!
Re: Would You Allow Your Parents To Chose For You A Husband/wife. by vizboy(m): 3:50pm On Jan 10, 2013
Read my face
hell
angry
Re: Would You Allow Your Parents To Chose For You A Husband/wife. by Lachynos2k2(m): 3:51pm On Jan 10, 2013
FFFUCCKKK NO!!
Re: Would You Allow Your Parents To Chose For You A Husband/wife. by NAJALYN: 3:52pm On Jan 10, 2013
Very bad suggestion. Parents can advice but not to chose a partner for their children.
Re: Would You Allow Your Parents To Chose For You A Husband/wife. by WhyAWhy(m): 4:28pm On Jan 10, 2013
UncleJJ: People who marry for love get divorced
People who marry for money get divorced

People who marry on recommendation (parents mostly) have more prosperous marriage because marrying for love is like buying a house cos you like the color.

Marrying on parental recommendation in most cases is like buying a house on advice from a professional consultant - who takes into accounts

- goverment policies
- security
- buyer and seller behaviour
- building materials
- e.t.c

Our society was built by men and women who married on reccomendation - it's in such shamble today cos idiots like you and i buy everything the television sets sells us.

You need to remember marraige is long term investment, love grows and dies, loyalty is more important than love - cos loyalty is the sacrificial type of love.

Unfortunately human behaviour doesn't lend itself to this kind of Open ended Analysis
Re: Would You Allow Your Parents To Chose For You A Husband/wife. by clerkent(m): 4:33pm On Jan 10, 2013
wait mek i ask my papa
Re: Would You Allow Your Parents To Chose For You A Husband/wife. by Andybaby: 4:37pm On Jan 10, 2013
Yes, My mum not my dad. Although She is late (Miss her dearly) but If she was alife I will allow her choose a wife for me. Because

1) She was a very devoted christian who loved and feared God
2)all her predicts about my life i saw them happen. It's like she knew mw better than i knew myself. She pointed out some of my strenghts of which then I didn't notice but i started noticing them some years after she pass on. She told me one of my strenghts is in music, by then I had no inclination about my connection with music but 3 years after she pass on I notice i could write songs and concurrently i write songs for 2 up coming artists
Re: Would You Allow Your Parents To Chose For You A Husband/wife. by Rajosh(m): 4:40pm On Jan 10, 2013
tpia@:
Depends.

Someone who is looking for a partner shouldnt just automatically disqualify a potential one just because s/he was brought by the parents.
1000 likes
Re: Would You Allow Your Parents To Chose For You A Husband/wife. by fonssy(f): 4:43pm On Jan 10, 2013
It depens, if I naturally like the person
Re: Would You Allow Your Parents To Chose For You A Husband/wife. by nlofficial(m): 4:46pm On Jan 10, 2013
Why on earth will you choose partner for me? Are you living my life?

It's a capital NO, NO.
Re: Would You Allow Your Parents To Chose For You A Husband/wife. by Unluvable(f): 5:14pm On Jan 10, 2013
There's a difference between recommendation and imposing. Am cool with recommendation, cause it will be in my powers to make the final decision if the guy meets my criteria. Parents want the best for their children, so they'll definitely go for a guy with good reputation, character and background. I'll only turn down the guy if during the process of courting, I find out undesirable hidden traits that I can't live with.
Re: Would You Allow Your Parents To Chose For You A Husband/wife. by kittykat1(f): 5:19pm On Jan 10, 2013
No vex o, this ya username, any history behind it?

Unluvable*:
There's a difference between recommendation and imposing. Am cool with recommendation, cause it will be in my powers to make the final decision if the guy meets my criteria. Parents want the best for their children, so they'll definitely go for a guy with good reputation, character and background. I'll only turn down the guy if during the process of courting, I find out undesirable hidden traits that I can't live with.

1 Like

Re: Would You Allow Your Parents To Chose For You A Husband/wife. by drlizzy(f): 5:44pm On Jan 10, 2013
For me its a no if its an imposition.What will you do if your parents do not choose who you get married to but INSIST on the tribe?
Re: Would You Allow Your Parents To Chose For You A Husband/wife. by bendazum: 5:50pm On Jan 10, 2013
aieromon: If they can't get me Beyonce,then I'm not interested.

Beyonce or Omosexy. YEAH!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Food, Sex And Sleep, Abeg Which One Sweet Pass / Beautiful Teenage Girl Almost Run Mad After Consuming "Drugs" In Abuja(Photos) / What Is The Most Painful Thing A Guy/girl Ever Said To You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.