Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,619 members, 7,809,279 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:11 AM

He Cheated On Me When He Travelled. Should I Challenge Him? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / He Cheated On Me When He Travelled. Should I Challenge Him? (2367 Views)

My Girlfriend Travelled Out Without Telling Me / See How This Lady I Travelled for dissappointed me / My Girlfriend Travelled To Her Village With My Pictures; Should I Be Bothered?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

He Cheated On Me When He Travelled. Should I Challenge Him? by divalishis: 10:09am On Jan 11, 2013
Hi house.
I will go straight to the point. My man called me last week that he had to leave town on a sudden job assignment lasting some days, something to do with the report asking for funding from parent organisations.

So I rushed down to see him and met him dumping his cloths hapharzardly in his travel case. I knew he was in a hurry and that he always had them ironed at any hotel he stays, so I left him to it and offered to make him a quick lunch which he refused.

He was still getting things together when he was called out by his colleagues to go sort out some things at the office before travelling. As he left for the office, he agreed I make him lunch but asked I put it in a warmer for when he gets to his destination.

The deal is this.
I made spaghetti and since he wasn't back decided to help him fold his travel things. I was doing that when I discovered he had some packs of protection in the box he was travelling with.

I was surprised but I managed to scatter the cloths and leave the box just as he left it.

I have been going crazy all week and when he got back from the journey, I made sure I was around at his place. He just left for the office and I went through the box. Nothing! Not even one protection left from the 6 satchets I saw. They've obviously been used!

Do I confront him when he gets back from the office?
Is this what I get after loving this man the way I do? I feel sick of the two-faced cheating heckler!
Re: He Cheated On Me When He Travelled. Should I Challenge Him? by jaybee3(m): 10:16am On Jan 11, 2013

BTW: As long as you can't be completely sure if he played away or not then i'd let it sly.
Re: He Cheated On Me When He Travelled. Should I Challenge Him? by Nobody: 10:55am On Jan 11, 2013
Wow, some nigerian men are insatiable. The deed has been done and even if you confront him, he would definately deny since you have no evidence nor caught him in the act.
Pretend you didnt see anything, watch and study his attitude closely and try to find out if he has another girl only then can you call it quits...
Men are just insatiable
Re: He Cheated On Me When He Travelled. Should I Challenge Him? by Nobody: 10:57am On Jan 11, 2013
^ @jaybee grin grin

By habit or infidelity he could have packed it, you said he was rushing. If you won't confront him, then let it be. Or ambush him when he's back and search for the pack grin.

I love spaghetti undecided
Re: He Cheated On Me When He Travelled. Should I Challenge Him? by slimming: 10:58am On Jan 11, 2013
Pray for him
Re: He Cheated On Me When He Travelled. Should I Challenge Him? by achi4u(m): 10:59am On Jan 11, 2013
He still loves you dearly but want to taste another soup.

Sometimes,we men want to play to the gallery(drinking from another streamgrin),but never can blame though,maybe you're not giving him what he wants in bed
Re: He Cheated On Me When He Travelled. Should I Challenge Him? by achi4u(m): 11:12am On Jan 11, 2013
nne3870: Wow, some nigerian men are insatiable. The deed has been done and even if you confront him, he would definately deny since you have no evidence nor caught him in the act.
Pretend you didnt see anything, watch and study his attitude closely and try to find out if he has another girl only then can you call it quits...
Men are just insatiable
Nne how can 'we' be insatiable when we see enough suckulent and adacious meat to devuor...we cant help it,not even those born twice xtiansgringrin

NOTE:am nt promoting promiscuity
Re: He Cheated On Me When He Travelled. Should I Challenge Him? by blaise26abj(m): 11:36am On Jan 11, 2013
two solutions: stay or leave. the onus is yours. my advice; weigh the two without sentiments and with facts then choose 1.

on a lighter mood, what if one of the parent companies sells condoms? or he needed to protect his kini from his vaselined hand? Get ur facts
Re: He Cheated On Me When He Travelled. Should I Challenge Him? by Rotmyt: 12:18pm On Jan 11, 2013
If he's a sharp guy,he'll spin you tales and deny it leaving you wondering about your mental state.
Don't ask him, pretend all is well,zip up and be at his tail. If you're smart enough, you'll soon have sufficient proof and would be certain he's a cheat.Then, you'lld either leave or stay!
Re: He Cheated On Me When He Travelled. Should I Challenge Him? by divalishis: 1:47pm On Jan 11, 2013
I appreciate all your advice. The thing is I'm so sad and disappointed that I'm bursting to tell him just what I think of him and his dirty behavior.
I mean the CDs can't have disappeared from his box. They are no longer in his box because he made use of them!
I've tried to be there to cater to this man's emotional needs. Why does he have to treat me this way?

He makes me sick!
Re: He Cheated On Me When He Travelled. Should I Challenge Him? by Nobody: 2:19pm On Jan 11, 2013
Don't jump to conclusions yet. Try and find one more piece of evidence and then confront him. Cheaters can only go so long without giving themselves away.
Re: He Cheated On Me When He Travelled. Should I Challenge Him? by Nobody: 2:23pm On Jan 11, 2013
^ oh honey. You have to confront him. You helped him pack, it wasn't like snooping on his phone and uncovering the truth etc. You have every right to confront him or else you'll sour in your own suspicions. Confrontation doesn't have to be an argument. Sit him down/call him and just talk.
Re: He Cheated On Me When He Travelled. Should I Challenge Him? by jaybee3(m): 2:32pm On Jan 11, 2013
Flytefalls: ^ oh honey. You have to confront him. You helped him pack, it wasn't like snooping on his phone and uncovered the truth etc. You have every right to confront him or else you'll sour in your own suspicions. Confrontation doesn't have to be an argument. Sit him down/call him and just talk.
Going by your plan, she sits him down and he tells her it was a prank by one of his mates or it was given freely on his way home from work and he didn't have anywhere to store it.
Fact of the matter is, so long as he wasn't caught cheating the nailing him is going to be an herculean task.
Just let it sly

Confront him and be met with this going forward:

2 Likes

Re: He Cheated On Me When He Travelled. Should I Challenge Him? by Rotmyt: 2:32pm On Jan 11, 2013
@ op, since you can't bear to take it in, sit him down and have the talk with him. Don't go breaking down and all,try to have a frank talk with him! Do not expect him to tell you that he used the cd's, but if he does...you make your decision. And if he doesn't,which I could wager the last slice of bread on my plate on btw,you weigh his words,draw an intelligent conclusion and take whatever step that suits you.
Re: He Cheated On Me When He Travelled. Should I Challenge Him? by Nobody: 3:03pm On Jan 11, 2013
jay bee:
Just let it sly
She has already resolved herself in this matter. She believes he is cheating. "He makes me sick"!!!!!... *no pics on offer for symbolic demonstration of my argument* lol

To OP: He could certainly lie but if you dealt with it now the issue is settled (whether true or false). Otherwise you will remain cold and bitter towards him and he'll suspect something is wrong anyway. Not telling him is self-sabotage.
Re: He Cheated On Me When He Travelled. Should I Challenge Him? by Caracta(f): 3:18pm On Jan 11, 2013
By your man, you mean your HUSBAND or BOYFRIEND? Pls respond.

You see, the problem we ladies make sometimes is that, when we notice an atom of deception in a man, we blow it out if proportion. We do not deal with these issues intelligently. Think before you act. Seek first to understand, then be understood. Use your powerful strategies as a woman to find out the TRUTH.
Approach this issue in a very intelligent and smart way. Don't confront him, present it to him. Trust me, this man himself will probably end up confessing his sins to you without asking him to.

But if you confront him, he might deny and even accuse you of not trusting him. He might cook up a fantastic story about the issue. In fact, he could make YOU apologize for the wrong HE did.

Be wise.

1 Like

Re: He Cheated On Me When He Travelled. Should I Challenge Him? by jaybee3(m): 3:23pm On Jan 11, 2013
Caracta: By your man, you mean your HUSBAND or BOYFRIEND? Pls respond.

You see, the problem we ladies make sometimes is that, when we notice an atom of deception in a man, we blow it out if proportion. We do not deal with these issues intelligently. Think before you act. Seek first to understand, then be understood. Use your powerful strategies as a woman to find out the TRUTH.
Approach this issue in a very intelligent and smart way. Don't confront him, present it to him. Trust me, this man himself will probably end up confessing his sins to you without asking him to.

But if you confront him, he might deny and even accuse you of not trusting him. He might cook up a fantastic story about the issue. In fact, he could make YOU apologize for the wrong HE did.

Be wise.
GBAM
Re: He Cheated On Me When He Travelled. Should I Challenge Him? by Nobody: 3:41pm On Jan 11, 2013

Be wise.
My understanding of not blowing it up outta proportion is confronting him then and there, condoms in hand. Await his answer and say "ok". Should I continue to grow suspicious, then yes I would be a little more stealthy. This OP had not confronted him and it's blown up in her head. We'll see what she will do and if her composure will allow her to be more strategical.
Re: He Cheated On Me When He Travelled. Should I Challenge Him? by IZUKWU(m): 3:44pm On Jan 11, 2013
The issue is that in your heart he already is found guilty ,unless you talk to him give him an opportunity to defend or explain himself, you will distrust him and grow cold towards him . For the sake of this relationshipship. Confront him about what he did with the condoms he travelled with .
Re: He Cheated On Me When He Travelled. Should I Challenge Him? by Caracta(f): 3:45pm On Jan 11, 2013
Flytefalls:
My understanding of not blowing it up outta proportion is confronting him then and there, condoms in hand. Should I continue to grow suspicious, then yes I would be a little more stealthy. This OP had not confronted him and it's blown up in her head. We'll see what she will do and if her composure will allow her to be more strategical.
Ok. I get it. I just stated the kind of approach i would use if i were in her shoes. But then, to each his own. The decision is up to her. She might not be able to go through with it. We are different, you know...lol
Re: He Cheated On Me When He Travelled. Should I Challenge Him? by Exponental(m): 4:22pm On Jan 11, 2013
Sorry...... Confront him with peace.
Re: He Cheated On Me When He Travelled. Should I Challenge Him? by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jan 11, 2013
Caracta:
Ok. I get it. I just stated the kind of approach i would use if i were in her shoes. But then, to each his own. The decision is up to her. She might not be able to go through with it. We are different, you know...lol
Lol, I wish her well. He could be a sensible man who made a mistake. I just know myself. Long protracted tactical game of detective:

Re: He Cheated On Me When He Travelled. Should I Challenge Him? by Nobody: 5:46pm On Jan 11, 2013

Be wise.

I think this is the approach i would employ if i were the one also. To add to it, don't present it in a way that makes him feel that you have your answers already, just demand for an explanation of the situation. But you have to be very smart, there's a big chance that he's gonna lie to you but there's also a big chance that you can figure it out by the facts and his body language. Keeping it in yourself would not help the relationship, so, u av to spill it out one way or the other. Wish you luck!!!
Re: He Cheated On Me When He Travelled. Should I Challenge Him? by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jan 11, 2013
Girl, it is likely he cheated but for your info, I sometimes discard unused condoms. So my dear do not be hasty. Get proof before killing yourself with jealousy. Mind you jealousy eats away relationships like cancer so be careful.

I love the comment by Caracta which I quoted thus:

Be wise.
Re: He Cheated On Me When He Travelled. Should I Challenge Him? by kittykat1(f): 6:48pm On Jan 11, 2013
Caracta pls give a real life example of presentation and confrontation on this issue.
Re: He Cheated On Me When He Travelled. Should I Challenge Him? by Nobody: 9:05pm On Jan 11, 2013
@ Caracta

If you're watching from the sidelines, it's actually very easy to say "act rational", "act intelligently".

Believe me, most women would have gone ape shít with less evidence than this.

Unless he is a condom marketing rep who went to present new samples to prospects; we are all not kids and know exactly what happened.

Or maybe he used them as balloons for his office Christmas party.
Re: He Cheated On Me When He Travelled. Should I Challenge Him? by chikeorji123(m): 9:22pm On Jan 11, 2013
Richfella: @ Caracta

If you're watching from the sidelines, it's actually very easy to say "act rational", "act intelligently".

Believe me, most women would have gone ape shít with less evidence than this.

Unless he is a condom marketing rep who went to present new samples to prospects; we are all not kids and know exactly what happened.

Or maybe he used them as balloons for his office Christmas party.

hahahah! balloons for his office...hahaha! this a political statement oo!.
Op just follow Caractata or cantata.. don tire jaree madu atabiekwa ire biko nu m..
Re: He Cheated On Me When He Travelled. Should I Challenge Him? by Caracta(f): 9:33pm On Jan 11, 2013
chikeorji123:

hahahah! balloons for his office...hahaha! this a political statement oo!.
Op just follow Caractata or cantata.. don tire jaree madu atabiekwa ire biko nu m..
Can you imagine this? I was just about to write some life experiences and i saw this. Smh...why is it hard for people to realize a piece of advice is just a piece of advice. I never claimed to know the perfect approach to the situation. This is a thread, our opinions differ....it doesn't make us enemies.
Arrrggghhh, mister you amaze me.
Re: He Cheated On Me When He Travelled. Should I Challenge Him? by kittykat1(f): 9:58pm On Jan 11, 2013
Caracta:
Can you imagine this? I was just about to write some life experiences and i saw this. Smh...why is it hard for people to realize a piece of advice is just a piece of advice. I never claimed to know the perfect approach to the situation. This is a thread, our opinions differ....it doesn't make us enemies.
Arrrggghhh, mister you amaze me.
Swts pls don't mind them. Come and talk joor.
Re: He Cheated On Me When He Travelled. Should I Challenge Him? by domack99(m): 7:03am On Jan 12, 2013
You should have confronted him immediately you saw the pack of condom, I will also advice you to look inward in case there is something missing between you two. Please never take it into a fight even though he lie, sincerely he already know you have caught him by confronting him.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Things To Consider Before Accepting A Guy's Marriage Proposal - Ladies Please / Signs That Your Partner/someone Is A Control Freak / Don'ts Of A Player (Men Only)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.