Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,900 members, 7,828,176 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:29 AM

What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? (14779 Views)

Is It Okay For A Good Christian/muslim, To Invest In Hotel Business?. / Is It Right For A Christian Woman To Say These Things? (photo) / Christian/muslim Union In Distress. Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by foliks(f): 7:52am On Jan 17, 2013
I am a christian lady dating a Muslim guy for about a year now,the guy has been everything a woman can ever ask for in a man. Before I met him I dated my first boyfriend for 5yrs but those years were the saddest years of my life and each time I try to leave,he comes back begging and another relationship.

I was supposed to have left me because he found out my first boyfriend is still around now my first bf is back begging again and has gone to beg my aunty. Now my aunty who is like my mum cos my biological mum is dead has refused to support my new relationship and even said I should give my ex another chance since my new bf is a Muslim and now we are not even speaking to each other because she feels my new relationship is the reason am not accepting him back...

I don't know what to do,please what do you advice
Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by djeezy(m): 7:57am On Jan 17, 2013
@op, Do you really want your relationship to lead to marriage? This christian/muslim relationship is like a dead end. It'll get to a point where one party gets to forfeit his/her religion and tenets to that of the other which I know will create problems when the time comes.

11 Likes

Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by davroca16(m): 7:59am On Jan 17, 2013
Apart from the fact that ur not going to be the first, second, or third wife, the holy bible is not in support of that....

6 Likes

Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by foliks(f): 8:24am On Jan 17, 2013
davroca16: Apart from the fact that ur not going to be the first, second, or third wife, the holy bible is not in support of that....
He is single o,nt yet married nd he's from a family of 7 where 4 are nw christian so dey see nothing bad wth being a christian
Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by EzePromoe: 8:30am On Jan 17, 2013
foliks:
He is single o,nt yet married nd he's from a family of 7 where 4 are nw christian so dey see nothing bad wth being a christian
Dating is advisable for you two but marriage? Hell no. If it leads to marriage, then you're a sad being forever. Islam don't support equality between men and women!

4 Likes

Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by Nobody: 8:53am On Jan 17, 2013
Love is all you need

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by Saksreal(f): 9:14am On Jan 17, 2013
Eze Promoe:
Dating is advisable for you two but marriage? Hell no. If it leads to marriage, then you're a sad being forever. Islam don't support equality between men and women!
Fallacy of irrelevant conclusion.

Ignorance is truly a disease

33 Likes

Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by kasheemawo(m): 10:24am On Jan 17, 2013
Am a Muslim guy and engaged to Christian lady since there is true love;now she can read and write in Arabic even telling me sometimes to go and pray,OP if you truly loves him and he loves u too pls go ahead of your second dating......

6 Likes

Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by tpia5: 10:41am On Jan 17, 2013
^very ambitious, arent you.

e only remain abiola to add to your name.

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by wazobiaforu(m): 10:43am On Jan 17, 2013
So many people have not learn from others mistake, there are so many people that are living in sadness now because they left what MARRIAGE is for, (LOVE) for another thing ( Money,Fame,Ethnic,Religion,Color) if you ever marry because of this then you are having your marriage attach to something that can not hold you back when fall, is only LOVE that can hold you back.
Its better if you can meet a marriage councellor because many people here will advice you with a bias mind, imagine : davroca16, Eze Promoe, they spoke only on the religion perspective and said nothing about your first BF.
There are many Christian men that marry more than one wives now, some are even pastors, check within your street and your family and also you will see some muslims that never cheated on their wife talkless of having more than one, there are millions of muslim that now smoke and drink alcohol in which there religion forbid it while you see xtian that never taste alcohol before even xtianity permit it to some extent.
My advice for you is that, try to know him very well, if he is the type that carry religion for head (dont marry extremist) but if he has all you want and not decieving you, then hook to him
As for your first BF, the first relationship someone has in his/her life is the Best considering if you are mature by then, and if that relationship fail and full of sorrow, i doubt if the relationship will ever work again because you are now full of experiences and your best was given at first.
Dont be suprise many that advice you to go for something else apart love will go for love if they were in your shoes.

You can attack me and call me atheist, you fools

17 Likes

Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by hollypagan: 12:42pm On Jan 17, 2013
leave them and come to me

1 Like

Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by mutaalim(m): 12:43pm On Jan 17, 2013
foliks: I am a christian lady dating a Muslim guy for about a year now,the guy has been everything a woman can ever ask for in a man. Before I met him I dated my first boyfriend for 5yrs but those years were the saddest years of my life and each time I try to leave,he comes back begging and another relationship.

I was supposed to have left me because he found out my first boyfriend is still around now my first bf is back begging again and has gone to beg my aunty. Now my aunty who is like my mum cos my biological mum is dead has refused to support my new relationship and even said I should give my ex another chance since my new bf is a Muslim and now we are not even speaking to each other because she feels my new relationship is the reason am not accepting him back...

I don't know what to do,please what do you advice

Count your yourself among the luckiest person on earth for the opportunity Allah has already bestowed on me (as long as you will become a muslima)you will see the benefit, reward ................

Regards

18 Likes

Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by ghetomum: 12:43pm On Jan 17, 2013
i beg no try ham my own just happen last week am a christian she is a muslim her daddy said, she must not marry a xtian will dated for good 7 years unless u wan crash the marriage after 3 month becos of family problem

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by omar22(m): 12:43pm On Jan 17, 2013
It seems like you are not sure of what you want, asking NL members for advice on marriage is like asking a Ram to vote in favour of Sallah

Please go with your heart

5 Likes

Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by bunmila(f): 12:45pm On Jan 17, 2013
Eze Promoe:
Sorry o. Does christianity as we practise it support equality between men and women?

10 Likes

Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by moneyhungry(m): 12:45pm On Jan 17, 2013
get an anti-bomb jacket... n wear it always

10 Likes

Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by 80million1: 12:46pm On Jan 17, 2013
*speechless*
Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by sayso: 12:47pm On Jan 17, 2013
my wife's friend was in your position some years back and she married the guy.Six years later they are still married and very happy together. Need I say they are still attending to their individual faith.

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by bunmila(f): 12:47pm On Jan 17, 2013
kasheemawo: Am a Muslim guy and engaged to Christian lady since there is true love;now she can read and write in Arabic even telling me sometimes to go and pray,OP if you truly loves him and he loves u too pls go ahead of your second dating......
That christian lady has totally lost her way and needs serious prayers

10 Likes

Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by Nobody: 12:48pm On Jan 17, 2013
Leave them and marry Jesus.. Shebi na wetin she want? Msheeeew!!! Why would religion affect a relationship!! God forbid Nierians sha
Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by enigmagu1(m): 12:50pm On Jan 17, 2013
if he will chng frm darkness to light den marry him....what communion has light with darknessss?
If truly ur a born again christain den u shud knw wat is good for u and wat is not.
D Bible made it clear dat we shud not be equally yoked together wit d unbelievers..

You dnt nid ani advice just follow bible instruction...
Goodluck....

5 Likes

Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by sayso: 12:51pm On Jan 17, 2013
gheto mum: i beg no try ham my own just happen last week am a christian she is a muslim her daddy said, she must not marry a xtian will dated for good 7 years unless u wan crash the marriage after 3 month becos of family problem

at least try writing a sentence.
Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by Afam4eva(m): 12:51pm On Jan 17, 2013
Firstly, i'll advice you not to label yourself a Christian. It's not everyone that goes to church that is a christian. If you were a Christian, then you'll have no reason being with someone whose belief is at variance with the bible. I'm quoting the bible.

32 Likes

Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by Paschal007: 12:52pm On Jan 17, 2013
Funny their religion allows them to marry Christian women, but their women are not allowed non muslims....OP it pretty much comes down to how compatible, understanding and tolerating you two are and how much both of you are willing to sacrifice to make this marriage work. Big decisions are going to be made like what religion will the kids belong to? I heard Yoruba Christians and Muslims inter marry and they're doing quite well. Well the decision is urs to make and Goodluck with that. You may need Patience too cheesy

5 Likes

Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by mu2sa2: 12:53pm On Jan 17, 2013
"Relationship", what's that? Five years of your life committing the unspeakable with a man without getting anywhere. You then move to another man. You are now asking to go back to your fornicative life with the former man. You try. Look, bring no religion into it as long as you are in it for illicit sex.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by RedLight1: 12:54pm On Jan 17, 2013
djeezy: @op, Do you really want your relationship to lead to marriage? This christian/muslim relationship is like a dead end. It'll get to a point where one party gets to forfeit his/her religion and tenets to that of the other which I know will create problems when the time comes.
see what religion turned my people too... black man and woman cannot marry each other anymore for love becos of stupid western and arab religion ... what really divide us most than religion?

5 Likes

Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by Paschal007: 12:55pm On Jan 17, 2013
mutaalim:

Count your yourself among the luckiest person on earth for the opportunity Allah has already bestowed on me (as long as you will become a muslima)you will see the benefit, reward ................

Regards
Was that really necessary punkass? Is he marrying her to convert her?

1 Like

Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by Nobody: 12:57pm On Jan 17, 2013
I'm in love with a Muslim girl but it's not easy. Anyone who does not believe in what you believe is a big issue.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by mutaalim(m): 12:59pm On Jan 17, 2013
Eze Promoe:

From your post you have already contradicted your statement let me quote you "Dating is advisable for you two but marriage?" could you plz explain this according to the scripture
Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by joelreg(m): 12:59pm On Jan 17, 2013
real christians cant marry muslim vice verse for muslim. Aunty check urself. long term it will be very regretful. how do u cope with child up bringing. Divided home indeed. Hmmmmm for ur ex bf. Pple should learn how to move on.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by yuzedo: 1:00pm On Jan 17, 2013
Gov. Babatunde Fashola = Muslim
Mrs. Abimbola Fashola = Christian

Op, don't you want to be a First Lady in this life??! undecided

1 Like

Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by airmark(m): 1:02pm On Jan 17, 2013
sayso: my wife's friend was in your position some years back and she married the guy.Six years later they are still married and very happy together. Need I say they are still attending to their individual faith.

Wait for 10 years +. The husband will start acting funny, and leaning towards koranic dictates as regards wives issue. It has happened to someone i know. It's like a time-bomb, gonna explode.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My Girlfriend Vagina Is So Ugly, Please Advice Me. / Why Is Cheating Considered Normal For Men? / What I've Learnt Abt Gals Who Claim They Love Big Cassava

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.