Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,326 members, 7,829,831 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:20 PM

What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? (14783 Views)

Is It Okay For A Good Christian/muslim, To Invest In Hotel Business?. / Is It Right For A Christian Woman To Say These Things? (photo) / Christian/muslim Union In Distress. Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by Theloveth(m): 1:02pm On Jan 17, 2013
smh for some people sha.@Op do what you think is right and leave religion aside.You want to be with the guy despite your conflicting religion shey? go on and be happy.I have seen cases where xtain convert to islam and the other way round,some even continue with their religion.Na understanding matter
Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by miftah: 1:02pm On Jan 17, 2013
enigmagu1: if he will chng frm darkness to light den marry him....what communion has light with darknessss?
If truly ur a born again christain den u shud knw wat is good for u and wat is not.
D Bible made it clear dat we shud not be equally yoked together wit d unbelievers..

You dnt nid ani advice just follow bible instruction...
Goodluck....
lol, the most baseless response dis yr on nairaland, ba sense neh?

1 Like

Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by Xunxhine(m): 1:03pm On Jan 17, 2013
enigmagu1: if he will chng frm darkness to light den marry him....what communion has light with darknessss?
If truly ur a born again christain den u shud knw wat is good for u and wat is not.
D Bible made it clear dat we shud not be equally yoked together wit d unbelievers..

You dnt nid ani advice just follow bible instruction...
Goodluck....
They always win, its better to be safe than sorry.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by ghettodreamz(m): 1:04pm On Jan 17, 2013
Won't advise you going back to your ex or giving him another chance, after good 5 years relationship ended between you 2 and on the account of him always coming back to beg you, huh? Actually you didn't tell us what your experience with him was, and how he made those years the saddest of your life. On the other hand sticking to this new guy who happens to be a Muslim isn't advisable either, because your aunt who is standing in place of a mother to you, doesn't support the idea (religion wise).

I think you need to search deeply in your heart to know what you really want in life and which relationship would give you the happiness you had always wanted in life. At this point in your life, you really need to be careful on the choice of decision you make, which will either make or mar you. Nevertheless, I will advise you take your time and put all factors into considerations accordance to how they matter most to you (priorities), love, care, understanding, religion and your aunt.

If you didn't see anything wrong with your decision of having a relationship with a Muslim or marrying one, then try and talk to your aunt about it, letting her to know all you had been through in the first relationship with the Christian guy who happens to be your ex and why you think the Muslim guy is right for you. I believe if she truly loves you and want the best for you in life, no matter how much the other guy might have begged her to help talk and convince you, she would definitely try, see and reason about things from your own angle.

If she outrightly refuses or stand against your idea of being in a relationship with the Muslim guy, for the good reasons, then you need to give yourself sometime to find a true Christian guy who will love you and treat you right, just the same way the new Muslim guy has been treating you since you had met him.

Conclusively, the ball is in your court, all the best. Read Amos 3:3

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by aniffy4eva(m): 1:06pm On Jan 17, 2013
foliks: I am a christian lady dating a Muslim guy for about a year now,the guy has been everything a woman can ever ask for in a man. Before I met him I dated my first boyfriend for 5yrs but those years were the saddest years of my life and each time I try to leave,he comes back begging and another relationship.
I was supposed to have left me because he found out my first boyfriend is still around now my first bf is back begging again and has gone to beg my aunty. Now my aunty who is like my mum cos my biological mum is dead has refused to support my new relationship and even said I should give my ex another chance since my new bf is a Muslim and now we are not even speaking to each other because she feels my new relationship is the reason am not accepting him back...
I don't know what to do,please what do you advice

Depends on how much influence "OTHER PEOPLE" have over both of you. Always expect some half-baked,ignorant morons to start quoting scriptures on why you shouldn't because they don't know how to MIND their BUSINESSES! They'll either ask one to convert the other or walk away from the relationship. That's a lot of pressure for a couple to bear.

However, if you don't really care about what "OTHER PEOPLE" think and are willing to give it a shot, then please go ahead with your muslim HUNK tongue.

By the way....
MANY christian/muslim marriages have succeeded.
MANY christian/christian marriages have failed.
MANY muslim/muslim marriages have failed.

Just so you know.. i'm a christian. smiley

1 Like

Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by bunmila(f): 1:07pm On Jan 17, 2013
It depends on how strong you are about ur faith.how you want to raise your kids and his take on ur feelings. If he has a prob with u continuing to practise your faith and raising your kids in your faith. Then you have a problem. The truth is we'v seen it all. I hav an aunt who married a muslim and today some years and six kids later they all go to church.somehow she led him to Christ.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by Lizzydenja: 1:09pm On Jan 17, 2013
djeezy: @op, Do you really want your relationship to lead to marriage? This christian/muslim relationship is like a dead end. It'll get to a point where one party gets to forfeit his/her religion and tenets to that of the other which I know will create problems when the time comes.
Am proudly married to a Christian for the past twenty years. Marrying a somebody belonging to another faith depends on understanding reached before the marriage and respect for each other faith.
Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by ghettodreamz(m): 1:11pm On Jan 17, 2013
@ OP;

I found these links, I think it will do you good to go through them.... @MODS....Please don't hide this....

http://www.gracecentered.com/unequally_yoked.htm

http://www.truthmagazine.com/archives/volume41/GOT041332.html

God bless you!
Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by yvonne4(f): 1:14pm On Jan 17, 2013
If you go dare enter that muslim man's house, u r doomed!!! Read my lips sad....berra not be of equally yoked with unbelievers...read ur bible!

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by GodzBELOVED(f): 1:15pm On Jan 17, 2013
1st Corinthians 7:13-14 >>>> And the woman which hath an husband that believeth not, and if he be pleased to dwell with her, let her NOT leave him. For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband.

1st Corinthians 7: 16>> For what knowest thou, O wife, whether thou shall save thy husband? Or how knowest thou, O man, whether thou shalt save thy wife?

My dear, the only thing you should do now is PRAY. You can't tell if God has destined you both to be together and if God is going to change him through you. You need to ask for God's direction. If God says, ''Go ahead'' then you can. But before u get married, make sure u settle things with him- you're not going to change to another religion so he has to know that. Again, I say unto you, PRAY! Shalom!

4 Likes

Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by babysnogls: 1:15pm On Jan 17, 2013
''...and so the nairalanders have left d poor girl even more confused than before''

1 Like

Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by FlamingGun: 1:18pm On Jan 17, 2013
Go on with the relationship. If he loves and respects you, he will respect your religious choices. Of course, you too should respect his religion and not talk him into becoming a christian.

A solid relationship is built on love, trust and respect. If you have all three, then you are good to roll.

I am a christian but married to a muslim woman. I am talking from experience smiley.
Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by Rexsul: 1:18pm On Jan 17, 2013
Eze Promoe:
Dating is advisable for you two but marriage? Hell no. If it leads to marriage, then you're a sad being forever. Islam don't support equality between men and women!
Otondo! My dear if u rili knw he loves u n u love hm 2 deep down ur hrt then go 4 hm n stop listenin 2 those fools.
Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by Nobody: 1:18pm On Jan 17, 2013
mutaalim:

Count your yourself among the luckiest person on earth for the opportunity Allah has already bestowed on me (as long as you will become a muslima)you will see the benefit, reward ................

Regards
pls tell me d benefits I want to know. Pls poster don't let any1 deceive u here. If u are not willing to change ur religion no nid 4 dat marriage. As 4 ur ex bf don't go back to him even if u marry him he will still cheat on u nd say after all u knew his lifestyle b4 u married him

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by dnawah(m): 1:19pm On Jan 17, 2013
Point of correction a church goer dating a moslem.may the Holy spirit slap u front and back,so dat ur eyes will open.4 u to see wat u r doing with the uncircumcise.give Jesus ur life 2day and c 4rm to June u will be happily married.

3 Likes

Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by somefun1(m): 1:23pm On Jan 17, 2013
Simple soln : now date a traditionalist, den choose. Shikena
Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by igweGC(m): 1:23pm On Jan 17, 2013
try not to complicate your life any further. Have a lil chat with urself. Answer these questions privately: what's the sole objective of this relationship and to what end? What is love really? How can conflicting interests or beliefs best be handled? Is it just 4d moment or a life time? D questions goes on and on...human beigns are very unpredictable. Feelings change, love fades take it or leave it. Compacatability, understanding and religion is what sustains marriage in d longrun. Finally, getting married to someone implies getting married to d perrson's family as well. Goodluck!
Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by changeagent(m): 1:24pm On Jan 17, 2013
I believe she's not even a xtian because she doesn't know all what christianity entails. If she marries a muslim how will she raise her children for the Lord or has she forgotten that her home should be a mini church? It is even irritating,disgusting to my hearing. I have wonderful people who are muslim as friends but not as a marriage partner. Let Josephine go for Daniel and Ganiyu for suliyat.

6 Likes

Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by eyenCalabar(m): 1:27pm On Jan 17, 2013
This topic should be: Help a confuse Christian

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jan 17, 2013
GodzBELOVED: 1st Corinthians 7:13-14 >>>> And the woman which hath an husband that believeth not, and if he be pleased to dwell with her, let her NOT leave him. For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband.

1st Corinthians 7: 16>> For what knowest thou, O wife, whether thou shall save thy husband? Or how knowest thou, O man, whether thou shalt save thy wife?

My dear, the only thing you should do now is PRAY. You can't tell if God has destined you both to be together and if God is going to change him through you. You need to ask for God's direction. If God says, ''Go ahead'' then you can. But before u get married, make sure u settle things with him- you're not going to change to another religion so he has to know that. Again, I say unto you, PRAY! Shalom!
that is if you both were unbelievers before you got married and one partner later believes.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by Rexsul: 1:29pm On Jan 17, 2013
wazobia_for_u: So many people have not learn from others mistake, there are so many people that are living in sadness now because they left what MARRIAGE is for, (LOVE) for another thing ( Money,Fame,Ethnic,Religion,Color) if you ever marry because of this then you are having your marriage attach to something that can not hold you back when fall, is only LOVE that can hold you back.
Its better if you can meet a marriage councellor because many people here will advice you with a bias mind, imagine : davroca16, Eze Promoe, they spoke only on the religion perspective and said nothing about your first BF.
There are many Christian men that marry more than one wives now, some are even pastors, check within your street and your family and also you will see some muslims that never cheated on their wife talkless of having more than one, there are millions of muslim that now smoke and drink alcohol in which there religion forbid it while you see xtian that never taste alcohol before even xtianity permit it to some extent.
My advice for you is that, try to know him very well, if he is the type that carry religion for head (dont marry extremist) but if he has all you want and not decieving you, then hook to him
As for your first BF, the first relationship someone has in his/her life is the Best considering if you are mature by then, and if that relationship fail and full of sorrow, i doubt if the relationship will ever work again because you are now full of experiences and your best was given at first.
Dont be suprise many that advice you to go for something else apart love will go for love if they were in your shoes.

You can attack me and call me atheist, you fools
o my lord! Dis is d best post av eva read on nairaland. U already hav my vote cos u r d type of person we need as our president n i knw u must surelly be by God's grace n i dont care abt ur religion. U r a FREE THINKER my dear so kip it up.
Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by dnawah(m): 1:29pm On Jan 17, 2013
Afam4eva: Firstly, i'll advice you not to label yourself a Christian. It's not everyone that goes to church that is a christian. If you were a Christian, then you'll have no reason being with someone whose belief is at variance with the bible. I'm quoting the bible.
an uncircumcise (thanks a lot,i lik naked truth)
Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by Nobody: 1:31pm On Jan 17, 2013
my advice to the op....you're standing on a long thing.....!

only one of two things can happen, either you change religion and become muslim or you quit the relationship, if you quit the relationship fine but if you become a muslim one of two things must happen, either you forfeit your faith or face serious issues with your marriage, if you forfeit your faith for marriage-wahala dey and if you face serious issues in marriage _wahala(ses) dey.

your choice

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by Hadesewa: 1:31pm On Jan 17, 2013
@op i wil not advice u to go back to ur 1st relationship because its not headin to anywhr n it wil nt neigther wil i advice u to marry a muslim guy.Give ursef a break n let time n GOD take their full cause.Gudluck
Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by changeagent(m): 1:31pm On Jan 17, 2013
I believe she's not even a xtian because she doesn't know all what christianity entails. If she marries a muslim how will she raise her children for the Lord or has she forgotten that her home should be a mini church? It is even irritating,disgusting to my hearing. I have wonderful people who are muslim as friends but not as a marriage partner. Let Josephine go for Daniel and Ganiyu for suliyat.
Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by amiskurie(m): 1:31pm On Jan 17, 2013
Saksreal:
Fallacy of irrelevant conclusion.

Ignorance is truly a disease
thank u baby,u gun him down.
Watch out for more flies.
Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by AbdulAdam56(m): 1:32pm On Jan 17, 2013
I am a muslim but i dnt use 2 friend a muslim gal,unless christians gals,nd muslims gals don't use to friend xtians guy,but we muslim we are friendin them,why??
Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by Nobody: 1:33pm On Jan 17, 2013
“Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? And what communion hath light with darkness?” (2 Cor. 6:14, KJV). You can associate but not to assimilate except he believes(not be deceived cos he may pretend to believe)

1 Like

Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by ghettodreamz(m): 1:33pm On Jan 17, 2013
GodzBELOVED: 1st Corinthians 7:13-14 >>>> And the woman which hath an husband that believeth not, and if he be pleased to dwell with her, let her NOT leave him. For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband.

Only if, she can bring him to the saving relationship and knowledge of Jesus Christ, then fine. If not, then I don't and won't support a mixed marriage.

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by amiskurie(m): 1:36pm On Jan 17, 2013
bunmila:
Sorry o. Does christianity as we practise it support equality between men and women?
Leave that empty headie alone joor,haba!
Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by Dosopseh26: 1:36pm On Jan 17, 2013
Ur not a Christain infact, just that u were born in a christain family. Going to church does not mean that ur a Christain.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by Dosopseh26: 1:37pm On Jan 17, 2013
Ur not a Christain infact, just that u were born in a christain family. Going to church does not mean that ur a Christain.[b]Ur not a Christain infact, just that u were born in a christain family. Going to church does not mean that ur a Christain.[/b]Ur not a Christain infact, just that u were born in a christain family. Going to church does not mean that ur a Christain.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My Girlfriend Vagina Is So Ugly, Please Advice Me. / "Olive Juice" Instead of "I Love You" / Personal Space Makes A Relationship Last

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.