Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,257 members, 7,829,503 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:10 AM

What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? (14781 Views)

Is It Okay For A Good Christian/muslim, To Invest In Hotel Business?. / Is It Right For A Christian Woman To Say These Things? (photo) / Christian/muslim Union In Distress. Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by EzePromoe: 3:45pm On Jan 17, 2013
ziccoit:

Islam preaches and supports equity between male and female.

There is nothing like equality. It is an attempt at deception. There is no law whether civil, traditional or religion that can bring equality between male and female.
That's it! African mentality. I don't blame you sha. Even the bible said women should be submissive but not that women should be used as slave. In Islam, women are not given a modicum of discretion as far as his husbands respires the salubrious gas cycle.
Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by klear(f): 3:46pm On Jan 17, 2013
If you are hoping it will lead to marriage then I hope you have made up your mind to convert to Islam cos it will be RARE if he allows you to remain a Christian in his home. Then ask your self if its worth it. If you feel it is, its your life just don't come here & open a new post on "Advice me on how to convince my Muslim husband to allow me go to church" because by then the ship would have left the port.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by bukatyne(f): 3:47pm On Jan 17, 2013
Saksreal:
Mark 12:29, "Jesus answered him, the first of all the commandments is; 'Hear O Israel, the LORD our GOD, the LORD is one".
Which God is one? Did He ever claim to be two? It seems you cherry pick what to believe and what not to. Are you quoting the same Bible that muslims claimed to be corrupted? Since you believe that, Do you believe Jesus Christ is the son of God? That He died for our sins on Calvary?

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by ghetomum: 3:50pm On Jan 17, 2013
AFTER ALL BIBLE AV BEEN EXISTING BEFORE THE HOLY KORAN
Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by Nobody: 3:57pm On Jan 17, 2013
mutaalim:
Thank You< Ms Steph
Let me just list few among many others
Your right on your husband

Your husband is to feed/cloth you till death
Your husband is responsible for the daily running in terms of (shelter bills e.t.c) No 50/50 N0 50/50

few among many others

Regards

dats a duty of a husband. Muslim or Christian
Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by beejaay: 3:58pm On Jan 17, 2013
Eze Promoe:
That's it! African mentality. I don't blame you sha. Even the bible said women should be submissive but not that women should be used as slave. In Islam, women are not given a modicum of discretion as far as his husbands respires the salubrious gas cycle.
and can u pls bring your proof from the Quran??
Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jan 17, 2013
beejaay:
there is truely no difference between you and boko guys. yours is mind terrorist while they are what they are.people like you need to be shipped out of this country to where u all belong. kei we are in trouble in this country

You can go ahead and quote this post three times in a row

I couldn't give a rat's fart what you thought about me
I spoke to the OP not you
Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by GodzBELOVED(f): 4:12pm On Jan 17, 2013
You guys are meant to advise her! She wouldn't have asked if she didn't need the advice! Advise,leave your opinion(s),don't judge,don't criticize! GOOD CHRISTIANS DON'T CRITICIZE! Someone needs help and all you're doing is trying to make her understand that she isn't a good christian or she doesn't read her bible and all. If JESUS were to meet her personally,would he behave the way most of us who say we are christians are behaving now? Would he criticize her as we're doing?. Christ's our role model,let's behave like him. Peace!You guys are meant to advise her! She wouldn't have asked if she didn't need the advice! Advise,leave your opinion(s),don't judge,don't criticize! GOOD CHRISTIANS DON'T CRITICIZE! Someone needs help and all you're doing is trying to make her understand that she isn't a good christian or she doesn't read her bible and all. If JESUS were to meet her personally,would he behave the way most of us who say we are christians are behaving now? Would he criticize her as we're doing?. Christ's our role model,let's behave like him. Peace!You guys are meant to advise her! She wouldn't have asked if she didn't need the advice! Advise,leave your opinion(s),don't judge,don't criticize! GOOD CHRISTIANS DON'T CRITICIZE! Someone needs help and all you're doing is trying to make her understand that she isn't a good christian or she doesn't read her bible and all. If JESUS were to meet her personally,would he behave the way most of us who say we are christians are behaving now? Would he criticize her as we're doing?. Christ's our role model,let's behave like him. Peace!
Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by EzePromoe: 4:14pm On Jan 17, 2013
beejaay:
and can u pls bring your proof from the Quran??
I don't do with such books in order not to set pace for eccentric belief that will be the genesis of hallucinated and vicarious. idealogy
Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by abrahym(m): 4:17pm On Jan 17, 2013
kini big deal
Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by kambo(m): 4:18pm On Jan 17, 2013
girl if u wanna hear the TRUTH here it is. First give yourself a slap for having enuff time 4 men and no time for the bible cuz your question is kindergaten level hard for any true christian. If your a christian who official purpose e.g for data to enter into census form. Follow ur "heart" cuz all other talk will be like water on ducks back.but if the bible is the final answer to you on any issue read on. God is very big on Marraige. In the old testament the isrealites Were WARNed NeVER to take wives from alien nations neither to give out their daughters or sons in Marraige to them. When the partrairch Isaac was to marry Abraham made his servant SWEAR an oath never to get a canaanite girl for his son, Isaac, gen24v3-4. When jacob was to marry he didnt trip over any girl around but went back to his people. God is very big on this issue and He aint no Liberalist. If your still too smitten to think remember that the old testament was written for our learning. Achan committed murder because of his pagan wife, delilah's conscience condoned selling her lovestruck lover samson. The new testament says this is possible because non-christian (irrespective of religious affiliations) are not under God's direct influence. Therefore God's spirit doesnt rule them but anoda anti spirit. Anti to God. Think! A christian in anger may vent at a religious comment made by a non christian but a non christian will retaliate e.g an anti islamic comment will result in churches being burnt and lives destroyed. Even those muslims who openly condemn it secretly delight in seeing christians come to harm-when christian govnor of kaduna died in a crash they couldnt hide the glee! The hatred is deep seated and spiritual because the spiritual influences in both religions are different and anti. Lastly think! Dyu want to raise children for islam or christianity!? What if he insists for his religion!? What if takes a second wife and gives her his attention when you not-so hot a chick! Dyu wanna please God fully or you want to follow your (apparently misguided) "heart". Remember "there is a way that seemeth good to man but the end thereof is destruction"(book of proverbs). Besides you dont know what love is Love is NOT blind. God is Love and a child of God's kind of love in him and the capacity to express it than any unbeliever. Love does the Right thing even when feelings are anti like Jesus going to die for sinful man when he didnt feel Like. Didnt feel like but he did it.

3 Likes

Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by Tobiustobius: 4:22pm On Jan 17, 2013
mu2sa2: "Relationship", what's that? Five years of your life committing the unspeakable with a man without getting anywhere. You then move to another man. You are now asking to go back to your fornicative life with the former man. You try. Look, bring no religion into it as long as you are in it for illicit sex.

Abeg wetin be "fornicative"? I still dey try reason the thing wey you write, na im I come see that one.
Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by digospel2: 4:24pm On Jan 17, 2013
My sister, you seems to be ignorant of the Bible. If truly you are a Christian, you should note that the Bible condemns fellowship(companionship) with unbelievers of the Christian faith. Marriage is about companionship(fellowship).No matter the love you seems to be appreciating now will depreciate some years after your marriage with an unbeliever. Marriage with an unbeliever is the beginning of backsliding from the Christian faith. Do not be deceived with praises and gift. Not all that glitters is gold. Please read Genesis 2:18,24; Matthew 19:1-9; 1 Corinthians 7:10-11; 2 Corinthians 6:14-18.

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by ikennaya(m): 4:25pm On Jan 17, 2013
Dnt let any1 tel u that love comes first cus God is love so God comes first.And if u r a Christian u shuld knw that the only way to the father is through Jesus Christ.
U said u r a follower of Jesus Christ,why do u seek advice 4rm mere humans on hw to do tins ryt? Why not go to the lord in prayers and fasting and answers will come.Rememba Jesus Christ is the resurection not evn LUST(that u say is love) wil resurect u after here.
I'm contributing becus i think its abt marriage,bt if this relationship that u r seeking advice 4 is 1 of those lustful practiced boyfriend and girlfriend then knw i hav not written any comment cus i dnt wan2 support it

1 Like

Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by beejaay: 4:27pm On Jan 17, 2013
Eze Promoe:
I don't do with such books in order not to set pace for eccentric belief that will be the genesis of hallucinated and vicarious. idealogy
if u dont do such books, how then did u know for a fact for what u claimed so hard?? dont you think u are being well over board beating chest for what you have not verified?
Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by somegirl1: 4:32pm On Jan 17, 2013
[size=16pt]It is IMPOSSIBLE for a TRUE Christian (NOT a church goer) to marry a Muslim.
[/size]

If you truly believe that
Jesus is Lord, you can't watch someone you love follow a path that you KNOW would lead to destruction.

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by Oloyeagba: 4:34pm On Jan 17, 2013
You dont know the gravity of what you are into 'cos if you do you will make a U-turn rigth away.
Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by REVOLUTNIS: 4:35pm On Jan 17, 2013
She will end up being a terrorist if she marry that guy

1 Like

Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jan 17, 2013
kasheemawo: are u reading the post on ur phone from behind? The gurl was a Christian. Op welcome to the religion of peace.
you are the one that is writing from your behind by trying to talk about a way of life that you don't understand. Christianity is not a religion but a way of life. A true Christian will never be unequally yoked with a Muslim.

3 Likes

Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by dridowu: 4:44pm On Jan 17, 2013
nwando:

Why not the other way around
How many Muslim girls with Christian husbands exist?
His Koran allows him to marry a Christian woman he did
Her Bible advices against marrying a Muslim she did not heed that injunction,truth be told
Somebody does not know their Bible obviously
How many step mothers do you have,please tell us
And what religion are you?

bros, well done but have u forgotten ur bible " thou shall not judge " and again kindly tell me where in d bible ds ur quote can b find " HER BIBLE ADVICES AGAINST MARRYING A MUSLIM "
As 4 stepmothers ; NONE
RELIGION ; MUSLIM
SO GRATEFUL 4 MY LOVELY PARENT 35YEARS AND STILL COUNTING
Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by somegirl1: 4:46pm On Jan 17, 2013
ola_pluto: My dear sister, please ignore most of the comments from your fellow Christians here. They are mostly hypocritical. Some of them have denounced/rejected your Christianity. Others have said you're not well yoked, and they dont dress in omellette either. They have been fanatical even to the point of rejection. Such is the unfortunate intolerance amongst some Christians.
I am a product of a Muslim/Christian marriage and I will not advice you against it. You endured 5 years of pain in the hands of your equally yoked Christian, and your fellow Christians are asking you to continue in this pain just to 'preserve your salvation'.

No one has encouraged her to take her ex boyfriend back.
These two aren't the only guys she would ever meet in her lifetime.

We don't even know that the ex is really a Christian

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by kasheemawo(m): 4:49pm On Jan 17, 2013
some-girl:
[size=16pt]It is IMPOSSIBLE for a TRUE Christian (NOT a church goer) to marry a Muslim.
[/size]

If you truly believe that
Jesus is Lord, you can't watch someone you love follow a path that you KNOW would lead to destruction.
dont get it twisted love is a beautiful thing........SMH for ur ignorant.the girl do no wrong since u claimed that Jesus killed for our sin.LWKMD
Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by shamama: 4:52pm On Jan 17, 2013
Hmmmm,anything we do on earth is to prepare us to make heaven,ur marriage has abt 50percent chances of making to heaven.search ur scriptures u will get ur answer my dear.
Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by kasheemawo(m): 4:54pm On Jan 17, 2013
fem30: you are the one that is writing from your behind by trying to talk about a way of life that you don't understand. Christianity is not a religion but a way of life. A true Christian will never be unequally yoked with a Muslim.
way of life? No wonder u ppl practice gay.hmmmmm open queen James bible u wil see what am talking abt.
Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by tpia5: 4:59pm On Jan 17, 2013
why all these muslim/christian threads on nl.

anyway, imo, if your marriage or relationship decision is based on nlers validation, then if you like dont pick race.

na you sabi.

its more likely the thread is fake, but if its not, na you know wetin you dey find.
Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by somegirl1: 5:02pm On Jan 17, 2013
kasheemawo: dont get it twisted love is a beautiful thing........SMH for ur ignorant.the girl do no wrong since u claimed that Jesus killed for our sin.LWKMD

Love is indeed beautiful.
Point is, if I truly love a man (and I'm not considering marrying him for the sake of being married), I can't watch him go against the teachings of the Bible and do or say nothing.
Any Christian non-muslim woman who does marry a muslim man and even encourages him to pray etc. as I've read here, was no true Christian to begin with.
Unlike Islam, no one is born a Christian just because their family goes to church. You choose to become a Christian when you have the epiphany of the Lord.

p.s OP, he wouldn't marry you if his quran forbade it.

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by bejay1(m): 5:06pm On Jan 17, 2013
yuzedo: Gov. Babatunde Fashola = Muslim
Mrs. Abimbola Fashola = Christian

Op, don't you want to be a First Lady in this life??! undecided
Gov. Isiaka Abiola Ajimobi of Oyo State is a muslim his wife florence Ajimob is a xtian, my daddy was a muslim and mum was a xtian so.,
Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by tpia5: 5:07pm On Jan 17, 2013
"love" [in the context of this thread] cant really handle everything.

infatuation can handle even less, almost nothing as a matter of fact.
Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by tpia5: 5:07pm On Jan 17, 2013
Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by yazach: 5:15pm On Jan 17, 2013
Please give us a bible verse that tells us the number of wives to be married by a man. If you are not white man worshipper
Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by Nobody: 5:39pm On Jan 17, 2013
Eze Promoe:
Dating is advisable for you two but marriage? Hell no. If it leads to marriage, then you're a sad being forever. Islam don't support equality between men and women!
christianity doesn't support equality of a man and woman in marriage either! the man is always the head just as Christ is the head of the church.
Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by benson19: 5:40pm On Jan 17, 2013
kasheemawo: how can i give my life to human being like me;can Jesus create a life? Stop joining almighty God wit marry son.think with ur head that Jesus was merely messenger to Israelites.SMH for u.
bt u xpect her 2 bow b4 a black stone located at saudi arabia abi??

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Am Not Coronavirus But I Can Put You On Lockdown - Big Breasted Girl / My Girlfriend Vagina Is So Ugly, Please Advice Me. / "Olive Juice" Instead of "I Love You"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.