Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,523 members, 7,812,637 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:35 PM

What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? (14736 Views)

Is It Okay For A Good Christian/muslim, To Invest In Hotel Business?. / Is It Right For A Christian Woman To Say These Things? (photo) / Christian/muslim Union In Distress. Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by jamst(m): 6:04pm On Jan 17, 2013
haba! shey na by force a xtian 2 marry a muslim ni...but wait a minute,now adays i notice dat xtian ladies/guyz ar now marrying/want to marry muslim guyz/ladies...why?even,some xtian girls/ladies ar even eyeing me cos me i be a genuine muslim...nawa ooo
Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by murtalaa(m): 6:04pm On Jan 17, 2013
my only reservation for marrying a christian girl is that i detest leftovers. Despite abhorrence of premarital sex in the bible, christian of nowardays have made premarital sex a pastime..So no christian girl for me...only a god fearing, untapped muslim girl.

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by teevibez(m): 6:06pm On Jan 17, 2013
enigmagu1: if he will chng frm darkness to light den marry him....what communion has light with darknessss?
If truly ur a born again christain den u shud knw wat is good for u and wat is not.
D Bible made it clear dat we shud not be equally yoked together wit d unbelievers..

You dnt nid an advice just follow bible instruction...
Goodluck....

GBAM!!! SHE KENA!

1 Like

Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by Coolboi05(m): 6:09pm On Jan 17, 2013
Eze Promoe:
Dating is advisable for you two but marriage? Hell no. If it leads to marriage, then you're a sad being forever. Islam don't support equality between men and women!
chairman stop sayn wat u dnt knw...#peace
Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by sharubutu(m): 6:12pm On Jan 17, 2013
[quote
author=kasheemawo]Am a Muslim guy and engaged to Christian lady since
there is true love;now she can read and write in Arabic even telling me
sometimes to go and pray,OP if you truly loves him and he loves u too
pls go ahead of your second dating...... [/quote]

Tales by moonlight! So, if we leave you to advice this lady, that's what you'll tell her? May Eledumare darijie. Say amin now.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by Nobody: 6:17pm On Jan 17, 2013
davroca16: Apart from the fact that ur not going to be the first, second, or third wife, the holy bible is not in support of that....
Give us a quote frtom the bible don't jus say something without a point to support it.She's good to go.
Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by kasheemawo(m): 6:25pm On Jan 17, 2013
benson19: bt u xpect her 2 bow b4 a black stone located at saudi arabia abi??
it is inside the bible to bow down before God but the verses have been removed through reviewing&upgrading of bible every 50years.....lemme ask qst why cerubum and serafu(lol) are stil bowing ? Is just because they are stil using old bible.....to be candid Muslims dont worship stone but we face the direction of the Great house.
Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by somegirl1: 6:27pm On Jan 17, 2013
yazach: Please give us a bible verse that tells us the number of wives to be married by a man. If you are not white man worshipper

Genesis 2:24
Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his
wife, and they shall become one flesh.

Mark 10:6-8

"But at the beginning of creation God 'made them male and female.'. For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to
his wife, and the two will become one flesh.' So they are no longer two, but one.

1 Timothy 3:2

Now the overseer must be above reproach, the husband of but
one wife, temperate, self-controlled, respectable, hospitable, able to teach,

1 Timothy 3:12
A deacon must be the husband of but
one wife and must manage his children and his household well.

1 Corinthians 7:2
But since there is so much immorality, each man should have his
own wife, and each woman her own (not joint property) husband.

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by kasheemawo(m): 6:32pm On Jan 17, 2013
sharubutu:

Tales by moonlight! So, if we leave you to advice this lady, that's what you'll tell her? May Eledumare darijie. Say amin now.
ki eledumare jeki opolo re fa epo,she is already mine and only God can separate us...she has already know diff btw light and darkness.
Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by vesto09(m): 6:46pm On Jan 17, 2013
airmark:

Wait for 10 years +. The husband will start acting funny, and leaning towards koranic dictates as regards wives issue. It has happened to someone i know. It's like a time-bomb, gonna explode.

Could you educate the house what these dictates are? Hoping that you know.
Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by iwanchop(m): 6:46pm On Jan 17, 2013
Now they have turned it into religion war.
Advise the lady without sentiment or keep ur dirty mouth shut.
This lady has actually made a big mistake coming to NL to seek advice,some of the contributors here have nothing to offer her but Stu.pedeety
Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by benson19: 6:49pm On Jan 17, 2013
kasheemawo: it is inside the bible to bow down before God but the verses have been removed through reviewing&upgrading of bible every 50years.....lemme ask qst why cerubum and serafu(lol) are stil bowing ? Is just because they are stil using old bible.....to be candid Muslims dont worship stone but we face the direction of the Great house.
oga plz is lying nt a SIN in ISLAM?? 1. u xpect ha 2 bow b4 a black stone rite?? 2. U wan ha 2 convert 2 a religion whr d god undastand only 1 language(arabic)... Oga do u av d original copy of d BIBLE?? If yes kindly show me
Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by GUNSLINGER: 6:57pm On Jan 17, 2013
foliks: I am a christian lady dating a Muslim guy for about a year now,the guy has been everything a woman can ever ask for in a man. Before I met him I dated my first boyfriend for 5yrs but those years were the saddest years of my life and each time I try to leave,he comes back begging and another relationship.

I was supposed to have left me because he found out my first boyfriend is still around now my first bf is back begging again and has gone to beg my aunty. Now my aunty who is like my mum cos my biological mum is dead has refused to support my new relationship and even said I should give my ex another chance since my new bf is a Muslim and now we are not even speaking to each other because she feels my new relationship is the reason am not accepting him back...

I don't know what to do,please what do you advice

A WISE PERSON SEES TROUBLE AND RUN BUT A FOOL GOES IN AND GET PUNISH. It seems u luv to court trouble so trouble will follow u. cheesy cheesy cheesy angry

1 Like

Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by Nonybb: 7:44pm On Jan 17, 2013
money-hungry :
get an anti-bomb jacket... n wear it always
LMAO
Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by kourhage: 7:50pm On Jan 17, 2013
My dear from what i have faced as an undergraduate from Ahmadu Bello University there is alwaz a biggggg difference btw a christian and a muslim. A muslim lady i realie loved and wanted to get hitched with refused blantly cos i am a christian. More so 2 corth 6:14-18 spells is out. The guy is only making you fall into his plan. Again he said none shall lack her mate so y fear. Men plenty. A word is enof for the wise. Grace to you to decide.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by warrior01: 8:05pm On Jan 17, 2013
dridowu: Undastanding each is d most imp tin in marage, my dad a practising muslim, my mum a practisng christian, 35years of marraige and still counting. GOD SO GRATEFUL TO MY PARENT AND FAMILY
You nko, a practising love-vendor?
Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by tpia5: 8:18pm On Jan 17, 2013
funny thread! undecided

anyway, these topics are getting too much.

my opinion remains its very risky getting into such because you cant write away the vast differences between the couple.

as i said before, some years back, if the guy can follow the woman to church, that shows some level of seriousness though not a hard and fast rule.

just be friends, doesnt have to be a relationship, imo.

i think muslims are better off marrying other muslims although i do know people who have christian mothers but the problem is if the kids are raised muslim- this is not a small matter for any christian who is serious about her religion.

and besides, the man will eventually revert to strict islam later.
Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by GUNSLINGER: 8:18pm On Jan 17, 2013
ziccoit:

Islam preaches and supports equity between male and female.

There is nothing like equality. It is an attempt at deception. There is no law whether civil, traditional or religion that can bring equality between male and female.

Absolute rubbish, killslam is a disease and shld be obliterated.
Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by tpia5: 8:19pm On Jan 17, 2013
ok, i cant be posting on this topic each time it comes up, which is about once every month or two.

why are people spamming the forum with this matter.
Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by GUNSLINGER: 8:22pm On Jan 17, 2013
U think dat Muslim guy will tek u serious wen der are 27 virgins waiting for him in da sky. Think grin grin grin cheesy
Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by JallowBah(f): 8:42pm On Jan 17, 2013
Damn, there is a lot of prejudice on muslim people in here..

First; The Quran acknowledge Jesus as a prophet. So the people saying "THE MAN MUST KNOW ABOUT JESUS!!!"...he probably already does.

2: A muslim man can marry more than one woman IF, and only IF, he is able to take care of them equally, and the kids it will lead to.

3: A christian can also marry more than one, and many do.

4: Marriage is about compromise, trust and respect.

aniffy4eva:

Depends on how much influence "OTHER PEOPLE" have over both of you. Always expect some half-baked,ignorant morons to start quoting scriptures on why you shouldn't because they don't know how to MIND their BUSINESSES! They'll either ask one to convert the other or walk away from the relationship. That's a lot of pressure for a couple to bear.

However, if you don't really care about what "OTHER PEOPLE" think and are willing to give it a shot, then please go ahead with your muslim HUNK tongue.

By the way....
MANY christian/muslim marriages have succeeded.
MANY christian/christian marriages have failed.
MANY muslim/muslim marriages have failed.

Just so you know.. i'm a christian. smiley

I could not have said it better.
The hardest thing for us ( he is a muslim, I am agnostic, brought up liberal-christian ) has been the outsiders trying to influence us.
Stranges, family and friends. It takes much work to keep their prejudice on it all outside, and focus on OUR life and happiness, and how WE can make it better, and enjoy OURSELF.
This is OUR marriage, it does not concern anyone else, as long as it is good for US.

Just remember that you will have to teach your kids about both religions. You will be responsible for the christian part, he will e responsible for the muslim part.
You have to decide on how to do with name-givings for the kids.
Christian school, muslim school, public school...
Sunday school, arabic school.
Pig-meat?
Etc, etc.

You will probably have some more obsticles on the way than others, it depends on how you both are as a person, and HOW religious you both are.
Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by FiftyFifty(m): 8:43pm On Jan 17, 2013
I‘m not here to tell u who to marry or who not to marry. But one thing I must tell u, that Islam protects women morethan ANY religion on the planet earth does. I know some myopic minds will say Islam permits polygamy: yes of course; but is not better than keeping mistress here & there spreading both curable & uncurable diseases? And how many prominent Xtians ar married to MANY wives? Islam, they will say, discriminates as regards inheritance: but they wouldn‘t tell u dt woman‘s share is unequevocally stated & ds can ONLY be found in d Qur‘an; & dt her needs must be caterred for by her male relatives how low/high whatsoever. Islam, they will say, commands women to cover their body; hav u ever seen a picture of Mary in jeans or skirts? Who did Mary resemble most between Muslims & todays Xtians? May God guide u to make a right decision.

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by JallowBah(f): 8:45pm On Jan 17, 2013
Fifty-Fifty:
I‘m not here to tell u who to marry or who not to marry. But one thing I must tell u, that Islam protects women morethan ANY religion on the planet earth does. I know some myopic minds will say Islam permits polygamy: yes of course; but is not better than keeping mistress here & there spreading both curable & uncurable diseases? And how many prominent Xtians ar married to MANY wives? Islam, they will say, discriminates as regards inheritance: but they wouldn‘t tell u dt woman‘s share is unequevocally stated & ds can ONLY be found in d Qur‘an; & dt her needs must be caterred for by her male relatives how low/high whatsoever. Islam, they will say, commands women to cover their body; hav u ever seen a picture of Mary in jeans or skirts? Who did Mary resemble most between Muslims & todays Xtians? May God guide u to make a right decision.

If you expect your woman to "cover up" and follow the Quran on that note, I sure hope you do the same:

* No pants below the ancle
* Beard as big as your fist
* Never show anything between your belly and knees to any other than your wife

Right?
Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by GUNSLINGER: 8:49pm On Jan 17, 2013
Graphy: I dnt see any tin wrong in u marrying him except he is d type dat carries his religion on his head,i broke up wit d moslem guy i ws dating 2yrs ago becos he said b4 we get married i shuld change my religion and it wsnt as if i was askn him to change,even though i loved him so much then,bt love wasnt enuff,i had sit him down and we trashed it out like adults n we broke up.as for ur ex pls dnt even go there,trust me i ve bin there n done dat,it's beta u move on my Dear.

It seems u r more confused than the lady grin grin grin
Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by ripo(m): 8:54pm On Jan 17, 2013
Op, pray 2 God 4 direction
Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by davroca16(m): 9:06pm On Jan 17, 2013
mutaalim:

Count your yourself among the luckiest person on earth for the opportunity Allah has already bestowed on me (as long as you will become a muslima)you will see the benefit, reward ................

Regards
@foliks, do you know what that post up there mean, that post simply means that soon ur going to be forced to be a muslim.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by wazobiaforu(m): 9:26pm On Jan 17, 2013
LISTEN AGAIN!!!

Do you know why i never had ethnic fight? Simply because God never consult anyone of us where we should be born.
I have no choice if was born into an IGBO family, i cant kill myself to be born again into HAUSA family, if was born into HAUSA family i have no choice , or will i kill myself to be born again into YORUBA family?
NO NO NO.....likewise religion
Take this fact:

More than 90% of Nigerian are practicing Religion they were born into

If you want to marry by Religion, then maybe pastor will be the best but remeber Okotie marriage did not last and bible said for better for worst till death do them apart

If you want to marry because of alcoholic abuse, remember many muslim drink alcohol(shepe,ogogro)

If you want to marry bcus of fear of polygamus, remember a pastor that died last year and was expose with more than 3 wives (lion of Judah) nobody shud tell me he is not a xtian .......

If u are concern about best Religion, remember many Christian has turn to Muslim and that does not make Islam the best also many Muslim has turn to Christian and that does mean Christian is the best

If you are afraid of Language, dont forget that Bible was not first writing in English language, it was translated.

If you are afraid bcus muslim dont close eyes, remember most pastor has started opening their eyes and most Muslim now started closing their eyes when having a deep recitation

If you are afraid of your children, remember that there are:
Muslim + muslim = child later turn to christian
Christian + christian = child later turn Muslim

Do you know Jesus never preaches Religion? There was nothing like Christianity(christ like) when Jesus was alive, it was formed after he left, JESUS only preaches the onenes of God and people should believe in him as God sent, also forbid all idol worshipers

TOLERANCE is all what we need to live happily with one another, i keep saying LOVE superseed every other thing
Most people that call muslim non-believer dont know anything beyond what they know as a kid , you need to know that Muslim bliv Jesus was born by virgin Mary, Muslim bliv that Jesus is still coming back to SAVE the world (SAVIOUR) and that will bring the world to an end.
Please my dear sister, try to understand what you want in life and dont sacrifice yourself for what others wanted, ready to carry your cross, dont think of blaming your aunt if your marriage with the xtian guy did not work (u are not scientific specimen), dont blame the bias muslim on NL or seun osewa for misleading you. Am sure he worship GOD that Jesus also worship.... GOOOOO with your mind and tell God to guide you

NLanders let us stop hasty generalisation, the fact that pastor Chris preach SELF SERVICE( Masturbation) does not make all pastors to be bad and the fact that OSAMA was accused of BOMBING WTC does not make all muslim a terrorist.
Treat people individually and togetherness we will fight many bad thing in our society without prejudice .. Thanks

1 Like

Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by jamst(m): 9:28pm On Jan 17, 2013
GUN_SLINGER:

Absolute rubbish, killslam is a disease and shld be obliterated.
FOOOOLISH MAN,U CAN TAKE THE LEAD & GET WAT U DESERVE
Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by JallowBah(f): 9:33pm On Jan 17, 2013
Wazobia...thank you.
Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by simpleseyi: 9:39pm On Jan 17, 2013
davroca16: Apart from the fact that ur not going to be the first, second, or third wife, the holy bible is not in support of that....

Pls quote bible passages to support your statement.
Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by seanet01: 9:41pm On Jan 17, 2013
Afam4eva: Firstly, i'll advice you not to label yourself a Christian. It's not everyone that goes to church that is a christian. If you were a Christian, then you'll have no reason being with someone whose belief is at variance with the bible. I'm quoting the bible.
Sheer Ignorance!
Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by simpleseyi: 9:43pm On Jan 17, 2013
enigmagu1: if he will chng frm darkness to light den marry him....what communion has light with darknessss?
If truly ur a born again christain den u shud knw wat is good for u and wat is not.
D Bible made it clear dat we shud not be equally yoked together wit d unbelievers..

You dnt nid ani advice just follow bible instruction...
Goodluck....

Please quote the verses of the bible that say muslims are unbelievers.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Would You Dump Your Sweety If They Got Fat? / Would You Rather Cheat On Your Partner Than Masturbate ? / No Guts No Glory Part II (guys Show Off)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.