Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,873 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:52 PM

One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? (63347 Views)

Checkout An Analysis Of King Solomon's Wealth / Was King Solomon Really A Wise Man? / King Solomon In The Bible And Bill Gates, Who Is The Richest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? by jude33084(m): 1:42pm On Jan 20, 2013
First we should be asking ourselves τhis questions; have they found the grave of queen Sheba elsewhere before? If Ɣε̲̣̣̣̥§, then who is the famous lady inside the grave in Ogun state? Ogun state Govt should invite experts to the site to open up the mistery behind it. smiley
Re: One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? by Nobody: 1:42pm On Jan 20, 2013
Moderators are seriously looking for something good to say about their people while stories about dead bodies floating in river are good for another tribe.

3 Likes

Re: One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? by vanstanzy(m): 1:42pm On Jan 20, 2013
If King Solomons' wife is from Ijebu-ode, then am from the earths crust. grin grin grin grin grin No, seriously i am. wink
Re: One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? by jude33084(m): 1:44pm On Jan 20, 2013
kaorama: Moderators are seriously looking for something good to say about their people while stories about dead bodies floating in river are good for another tribe.

They are all stories of the dead wink
Re: One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? by RedLight1: 1:44pm On Jan 20, 2013
musKeeto: Interesting.. But if this is true, what are the implications? undecided
that will mean Jesus is probably black or probably a Caucasian
Re: One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? by dulphines: 1:44pm On Jan 20, 2013
Oh, miracles are received by her grave? Me and dis politicians go hussle Govt. House come 2015 #heads to Birikisu's burial site#
ARRIVES!
Me: ur excellency, u'r here already?
Excellency (name witheld): Before nko?
To be Contd...
Re: One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? by sigmundfreud(m): 1:47pm On Jan 20, 2013
Saintsquare: Heard the story and av seen the video of the shrine.She's not from Ogun state,she was going back to Ethiopia when she died in Ijebu.
Why is nobody talking about where she was coming from that she will have to pass Ijebu to reach Ethiopia?!

3 Likes

Re: One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? by Nobody: 1:50pm On Jan 20, 2013
jude33084:

If you call τhis a joke then defend it with points to show it is really a joke wink

It can't be a joke as long as it is a Ogun or any other state there. But if it is Sokoto or Anambra, it is a fake on face value. Hypoo
Re: One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? by Nobody: 1:50pm On Jan 20, 2013
:oRidiculous! Why should Solomon's wife or wives be deliberated in a church at this period where more emphasis should be laid on this end time issues? Some Churches sef
Re: One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? by Urine: 1:53pm On Jan 20, 2013
okpara ugo:

What was your experience nah, at least you lived to tell the tale from your tail... Hahaha.

lmao! You are not serious mate, all I will say is go to the place yourself if you doubt this story. I can help with the description of how to get there though.
Re: One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? by Damon03(m): 1:53pm On Jan 20, 2013
Ninilowo: I beg to disagree with the title of this thread. For the fact she lived and died at Ijebu does not mean she hailed from Ijebu now. Btw it is there in the post that she was from ethopia.
May God bless u for using ur brain
Re: One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? by shadrach77: 1:54pm On Jan 20, 2013
If she was the biblical Queen of Sheba why didn't they mention birikisu sungbo in the bible
Re: One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? by Exponental(m): 1:54pm On Jan 20, 2013
Umfortunately, Nigeria was not recognised in d bible......case closed!
Re: One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? by Saintsquare(m): 1:54pm On Jan 20, 2013
sigmundfreud:
Why is nobody talking about where she was coming from that she will have to pass Ijebu to reach Ethiopia?!
your right,I only saw the video of the shrine and her grave.
Re: One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? by Damon03(m): 1:56pm On Jan 20, 2013
I can see some Igbo pple are jealous it's nt enugu or imo state, how sweet....
Re: One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? by j4jj: 1:56pm On Jan 20, 2013
If d story is true al well nd gud bt dat does nt mk it a god where prayers are to be rendered
Re: One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? by kufre2010: 1:58pm On Jan 20, 2013
mmmustapha: grin grin beautiful lie, even 14yrs old boy wil not blieve dis
i don't blem u because u hv been inductrinated 4rm birth wit foreign concepts by people who says black man has no soul and dat nothing good can come frm black. U better wake up and start diggng out truths. May ifa help make this inferiority complex disappear 4rm ur life. May foreign concept leav u so dat u can think like a freeborn and no more like a whiteman slave.

3 Likes

Re: One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? by Caseless: 1:59pm On Jan 20, 2013
Ldmmwfb!
Re: One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? by DanielAll: 1:59pm On Jan 20, 2013
She is not from ogun state o she just come die there.
Re: One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? by Abagworo(m): 2:02pm On Jan 20, 2013
Birikisu Sungbo’s grave has been shrouded in
mystery and sustained by religious curiosity at a
rustic village called Oke Eri in Ijebu Ode, Ogun
State, Nigeria.
So a journey to the shrine from Lagos takes
about one and half hour to Ijebu Ode by car .
Since there is no direct vehicle from the park to Oke
Eri, one has the option of taking a chartered car or a
motor bike, so I decided to go on a motor bike for this
journey which took less than half an hour.
Being Sunday, the entire Oke Eri village was
quiet and few of the inhabitants of the village were in
the churches around.

What's the meaning of "Oke Eri" in Ijebu/Yoruba? Does it mean "Eri road"?
Re: One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? by Agrika: 2:05pm On Jan 20, 2013
Intresting could love to visit there sometimes...
Re: One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? by jude33084(m): 2:09pm On Jan 20, 2013
Ikwere fist son: for petes sake kan sm one anayse d map of nija d distance frm yaraba land 2 jerusalem. Nd besids dia hav never beng any historical fact dat showd any yaraba busy body travlng frm d west 2 any part of d north east nt 2 tok of crosing d desert dy re nt familiar with.its only a malian king by historical record travld 2 mecca via d desert 4 pilgrimage as a matr of fact d fist man frm sub sahara afrika 2do so.so tel me hw did sukura met solomon did she stoway frm a pirate vesel or she swim reach dia oya eko ile nd d oni baje crew ansas

Thank you for the question, you are indeed a logical person but do you know that history are always proven to be wrong? Have you seen oops art
Before? Biologist(most) beleived in evolution but oops art proved them wrong when a set of archaeology un earth a solid evidence that civilization was even older than the apes they called men then. So Wђɑ̤̥̈̊† I am trying to say is history or documentation is only limited to the knowledge of the people as at the time of the event. But where would she be coming from?

1 Like

Re: One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? by crackhaus: 2:10pm On Jan 20, 2013
stories that touch.. imagine this kine fabrication of biblical proportions
Re: One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? by GUNSLINGER: 2:12pm On Jan 20, 2013
After waking up in da morning, brushing ur teeth, having ur bath and ur breakfast you want to tell me ur brain is still not in a good position to help you come out with a sensible topic that will be beneficial to Nigeria than this heap of cow dung. Pathetic idiotic fool. grin grin grin
Re: One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? by crackhaus: 2:14pm On Jan 20, 2013
kufre2010: i don't blem u because u hv been inductrinated 4rm birth wit foreign concepts by people who says black man has no soul and dat nothing good can come frm black. U better wake up and start diggng out truths. May ifa help make this inferiority complex disappear 4rm ur life. May foreign concept leav u so dat u can think like a freeborn and no more like a whiteman slave.
my friend sharrap your mouth jor... there are stories accompanied with facts and then there are stories of speculation, and this my friend is speculation... monkey!!!
Re: One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? by Libkid(m): 2:15pm On Jan 20, 2013
Smart jeezy: Are u ok?
u can ask him dat again.
Re: One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? by kandiikane(m): 2:15pm On Jan 20, 2013
Na wa for una ooo.

In fact that birkisu is actually queen sheba(pronounced swegbe) from sierra leone

She married chief solo solo of ife kingdom. Makes perfect sense.

1 Like

Re: One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? by EMMABC1(m): 2:17pm On Jan 20, 2013
Yoruba people are so confused about their history and origin that they often make foolish conjectures. With this story of Solomon marrying their daughter, they will now conclude and publish that Yoruba is the SEAT OF WISDOM in the world. No wonder they marry so many wives. E.g Obj.
Re: One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? by kandiikane(m): 2:18pm On Jan 20, 2013
sigmundfreud:

Sierra leone.
Re: One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? by Nobody: 2:18pm On Jan 20, 2013
All our ancestors left us are stories and idol worship.
Re: One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? by Libkid(m): 2:18pm On Jan 20, 2013
jude33084:

If you call τhis a joke then defend it with points to show it is really a joke wink
reason is that there is no how solomon will leave d throne and travel to nigeria to look 4 an ugly unclean yoruba girl knowning d distance involved

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Indigenous Hausa Christians Of Kano Mark Christmas / Girmache Shrine, In Kebbi Where Crocodiles Reside & Sacrifices Are Made (Photos) / Imam Suleiman Njoku & His Reverend Sister, Celebrate Christmas Together

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.