Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,628 members, 7,816,587 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:32 PM

Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] (34404 Views)

VP Osinbajo Visits Fashola In His Lagos Home (Photos) / Breaking!!!!! Apc Candidate Akinwunmi Ambode Visits Fashola / Bill Gates Visits Fashola. PICS.... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by EkoIle1: 10:33pm On Jan 22, 2013
amiskurie:
Is he on a world tour cos he visited North korea last week I think.

We a mighty in Nigeria.
If he should visit country like ghana he will be greeted at the airport by their president.

Greeted by the president for What? Because he's the president of another country? The low level of exposure on NL breaks my heart sometimes.

1 Like

Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by dickhardener: 11:26pm On Jan 22, 2013
*Ileke-IdI:
Why is Fashola singled out?

Is he the only one wearing Cultural outfit?

Do these imbeciles think the other two ladies aren't representing "Nigeria"?

Why do we attack this ^^ picture and not this picture?

tribal jabs potentially depreciates a man's cognitive prowess. Being vehemently defensive of a clan or ethnicity is absolutely infantile nonetheless I know some folks here are compulsively addicted to this sickening menace called tribalism. Mind u I am neither an extract of either heritage in question.
Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by SELFWORTH: 11:50pm On Jan 22, 2013

1 Like

Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by SELFWORTH: 11:50pm On Jan 22, 2013
*Ileke-IdI:
If this looks like a pajamas

[b]Then WTF
does this look like?:
[/b]
[
You have to understand that the more you insult Fashola for dressing like a Nigerian/Yoruba man, you're cursing your past and future generation. And I say, AMEN to that.

gutter mouth don arrive!

2 Likes

Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by SELFWORTH: 11:51pm On Jan 22, 2013
*Ileke-IdI:
If this looks like a pajamas

Then WTF does this look like?:

You have to understand that the more you insult Fashola for dressing like a Nigerian/Yoruba man, you're cursing your past and future generation. And I say, AMEN to that.

Eko Ile:

What we say to each other on NL doesn't justify dragging our parents on the floor. NL topics is not about our parents a
nd I've never uttered anything about anybody's parent on NL including yours so what's your point?Stay away from conversation it insulting parents is your favorite response to everything. I wasn't even talking to you or anybody. Curb your anger and hahtred sometimes.

Oluwaadajo:

I wonder o!

Too many gutter people on NL. Everything is abuse, insult and bullying. The abuse is mostly from the empty barrels. You can tell easily what kind of homes they come from and why their life is the way it is. The abuse is mostly from the empty barrels
. You can tell easily what kind of homes they come from and why their life is the way it is.

2 Likes

Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by Oluwaadajo(m): 12:10am On Jan 23, 2013
SELFWORTH:

gutter mouth don arrive!

Don't bother .

Everyone knows poster@ileke-idi is an illiterate. Read all her posts and you will see what I mean .

2 Likes

Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by Oluwaadajo(m): 12:25am On Jan 23, 2013
aribisala0:
To your thinking that is a witticism?
Don't you have any real friends to tell you the truth about yourself
You are brainless and conceited.You lack insight and so that removes any hope of palliation. You come here with your random ejaculations which are consistent in their predictable idiocy and you smugly feel you are saying anything of value. You are an obnoxious irritating little twit and would cause general relief and jubilation if you disapppeared never to be seen again

Look at the kettle calling the pot black!

All these gutter people sha!

NL needs to do away with all these ignorant people who are obstacles to freedom of expression . All these people who want to force their opinions down others throat but have no respect for other people's opinions.

It's ridiculous !

2 Likes

Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by tpia5: 12:42am On Jan 23, 2013
ki lo tun de?

what is wrong with fashola's outfit?

why are all the bush people so jealous of the man nah?
Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by Nobody: 12:44am On Jan 23, 2013
dayokanu: Tells the whole story Names of Governors

No be today inferiority complex start some go by their colonial masters name others are proud of their native names

[size=18pt]SULLIVAN Chime, ROCHAS Okorocha, THEODORE Orji, PETER Obi, MARTIN Elechi

vs

BABATUNDE Fashola, IBIKUNLE Amosun, ABIOLA Ajimobi, KAYODE Fayemi, OLUSEGUN Mimiko[/size]

Oh puhlease
See upside down selective thinking
First of all Rochas is a nick name derived from Okorocha ,I wonder how you couldn't figure that out
Secondly most Igbos are Catholics hence the names you see there
Thirdly more Igbos have Igbo first names than otherwise

[size=18pt]
You conveniently left out the millions of risikatus and rashidatus and the lathiefs and the razaqs and the basirats and lawals and moshoods[/size]
Are those also Yoruba names? grin grin grin
[size=18pt]The Coles ,Cokers ,Anthonys,,Bensons,Johnsons and Savages[/size] as last names,what language are they ? grin grin grin
If you can understand why a Yoruba woman can bear an Arabic name like Munirat ,you should be able to figure out why an Igbo woman would be Theodora

That wasn't so hard was it?

4 Likes

Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by tpia5: 12:45am On Jan 23, 2013
babyosisi: Fashola should have dressed in something more professional
His outfit looks out of place at this meeting
They will think he was still in his pajamas
Doesn't he have a nice blazer with regular pants?
There is a time and place for certain outfits,he needs to learn that and adjust.

am i surprised its the village towncrier who started her crap?

all the years you've been stalking yoruba men, dem still never answer you, or what's your problem now?
Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by aribisala0(m): 12:59am On Jan 23, 2013
Oluwaadajo:

Look at the kettle calling the pot black!

All these gutter people sha!

NL needs to do away with all these ignorant people who are obstacles to freedom of expression . All these people who want to force their opinions down others throat but have no respect for other people's opinions.

It's ridiculous !
No I'll tell you what is ridiculous the idea of a gay ladyboy like you calling me gutter. You from what hole did you crawl out ? Frothing at the mouth with glazed eyes. Did you get the wrong measure of your fix? Look again I will squash you underfoot and not spare your destitute family. Ask those who loosened your leash , a very bad idea to cross the road in traffic when high on crack coz you will get a nasty whack. Be warned.
Olu gbeja Sango lo paa Iya re.Inu gutter ni oku iya re ma gbehin si
Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by Nobody: 1:00am On Jan 23, 2013
@ dayokanu for your further education

Let us take Lagos state

List of all governors so far

Brigadier Mobolaji Johnson
Governor 28 May 1967 July 1975 (military)

Commodore Adekunle Lawal Governor July 1975 1977 (military)

Commodore Ndubuisi Kanu Governor 1977 July 1978 (military)

Commodore Ebitu Ukiwe Governor July 1978 October 1979 (military)

Alhaji Lateef Jakande Governor October 1979 December 1983 Unity Party of Nigeria - UPN

Air Commodore Gbolahan Mudasiru
Governor January 1984 1986 (military)

Navy Captain Mike Akhigbe Governor 1986 July 1988 (military)

Brigadier General Raji Rasaki
Governor July 1988 January 1992 (military)

Sir Michael Otedola Governor January 1992 November 1993 [National Republican Congress (NRC)]

Colonel Olagunsoye Oyinlola Governor 9 December 1993 22 August 1996 (military)

Colonel Mohammed Buba Marwa Governor 22 Aug 1996 29 May 1999 (military)

Mr Bola Tinubu Governor 29 May 1999 29 May 2007

Mr Babatunde Fashola Governor 29 May 2007

How many folks there of Yoruba extraction had Yoruba first and last names? Hehehehehe 3/9
Is 33% pass mark?
I am assuming Tinubu is not an Arabic name o grin
Look well before pointing fingers

2 Likes

Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by Urine: 1:09am On Jan 23, 2013
Wow! The future of this country is not bright...tribalism on a thread like this? The whole world is moving forward people are here promoting ethnic jingoism. cry All is well.
Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by musiwa12: 1:26am On Jan 23, 2013
Look does google visit change the mind of nigerian towards this politician. the answer is no.. the people dont truth them.. dishonest is so bad in nigeria.. that here are student of the university of lagos ..

it is an issue of trust .. Nigeria do not trust this politician with their money.. and do not truth them with their lifes..they are feedup with the same , the same..

Look corruption is so bad in nigeria.. that the people in nigeria know their government is corrupt.. And they have lost hope in corrupt men been in power. they want a new change.. anything else they will resolve into violent. and you can see them blow up everything. look at a fellow human in a bag... welcome to nigeria..

I would say we should permanent park corrupt for the time been and they need a real, new and true change..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYj9coCZpc8

[img]http://2.bp..com/-LrbeQydgAzk/T4lNdYOxHlI/AAAAAAAAAoM/GBmQHxkWB0w/s1600/butchered+woman+dobbys+signature..com+.jpg[/img]
Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by dickhardener: 2:04am On Jan 23, 2013
musiwa12: Look does google visit change the mind of nigerian towards this politician. the answer is no.. the people dont truth them.. dishonest is so bad in nigeria.. that here are student of the university of lagos ..

it is an issue of trust .. Nigeria do not trust this politician with their money.. and do not truth them with their lifes..they are feedup with the same , the same..

Look corruption is so bad in nigeria.. that the people in nigeria know their government is corrupt.. And they have lost hope in corrupt men been in power. they want a new change.. anything else they will resolve into violent. and you can see them blow up everything. look at a fellow human in a bag... welcome to nigeria..

I would say we should permanent park corrupt for the time been and they need a real, new and true change..

[img]http://2.bp..com/-LrbeQydgAzk/T4lNdYOxHlI/AAAAAAAAAoM/GBmQHxkWB0w/s1600/butchered+woman+dobbys+signature..com+.jpg[/img]
bros what did u just spew? shocked shocked
Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by Parnassuss(m): 2:12am On Jan 23, 2013
babyosisi: Who sponsored the trip?
He should check well o
Google will be getting more out of this
No free lunch in America as they say

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL, na who sponsor trip when their is a billionaire there you dey ask? Obviously Schmidt wants to advance his business but why in Jesu name would need Naija sponsoring? You think say na senator money or mentality him get? Get wise oh, stop learning
Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by musiwa12: 2:38am On Jan 23, 2013
if you look at the video.. you can see, that the student of university of lagos are protesting against goodluck, sambo, tinubu and fashola..
so nigeria has serious problem ahead. the people need a new change.. they are tired..

do you think i paid university of lagos student money.. No..

Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by Nobody: 2:58am On Jan 23, 2013
Eko o ni baje cool cool
Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by JamesLucia: 6:35am On Jan 23, 2013
Chanchit:

Thats why e remain small make e cross leg ontop Fashola laps.

hahahahahahahahah nairaland is more than night of a thousand laf. i can't afford to miss nairaland in a second
Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by ijawkid(m): 6:40am On Jan 23, 2013
ba7man: Pls, help me tell our pot-bellied, skinny legged rulers.
Lmao.......grin
Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by Nobody: 6:40am On Jan 23, 2013
I didn't realise fasholas office was a red carpet event - I assumed they were there to talk business not pose and cringe for the nl fashion police

Rather than focus on what transpired and the business/ political implications, we get

Fasholas dressing - hot or not?

Fashion thread dey, e channel dey, linda ikejis blog dey - if all you have on your mind is' did the colour of the shoes match' there are plenty of places for you to engage this very important thought process
Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by tpia5: 7:35am On Jan 23, 2013
oohrhii..fx:
. whereby naija boys wey no even worth 1 million naira go dey dress like say na bill gate b their father.

do you have any pictures to prove what you just typed there.

is it the singlet wearing bum showing outfits that you're hyping? I personally havent seen any photos on this nl which verify your claims.

instead of you people to learn good dress sense from those who know what the term means, you're busy strutting like illiterates, actually even some illiterates are better turned out when they dress up.

see why some places are miles ahead of you:

[img]http://1.bp..com/-Q6d_TO-KZ7o/T_WlEU2DAuI/AAAAAAAAA0o/G1--bC9M94g/s640/25174_S_Nelson-Mandela.jpg[/img]

Mandela Fashion Collection to Launch in the U.S.

http://myfashionmanual..com/2012/07/mandela-fashion-collection-to-launch-in.html
Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by tpia5: 7:37am On Jan 23, 2013
Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by felixtare(m): 7:51am On Jan 23, 2013
So wetin come dey special about d visit,abi he wan bring google head office to lagos
Nonsense

1 Like

Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by FBS: 8:11am On Jan 23, 2013
whats all this rubbish about how Fash is dressed? Can't believe anyone will even bring it up?
Yoruba's will say, aso nla ko ni eyan nla (do the translation for yourself) cheesy . Not only that, Fash is dressed up "tradi-cally" (ti nwa n ti nwa...if you know what I mean wink ). What's the big deal in that?

Is that what was discussed in that gathering or meeting or whatever? It would be beneficial to know what they talked about and not the dress code so to speak.

And then some even went further to assume that just because you have a first or second english name means that you are inferior! SMH. undecided na una sabi! tongue
Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by Midastorch(m): 8:18am On Jan 23, 2013
Chanchit:

Thats why e remain small make e cross leg ontop Fashola laps.

And 13 ppl liked this?that's noh fashola use ur lens very well.that's Tunde Kelani dunno why ppl always lyk to bring something out of nothing.the guys re busy discussing u re here sighting one who cross leggedd on the other.beta find something meaningful done with ur live.
Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by obi2012: 8:19am On Jan 23, 2013
maybe they are planning to invest in lagos which will create more jobs and better the welfare of people?

if na thread about tonto dike now or whether dbanj is hotter than don jazzy now, una no go complain..

felixtare: So wetin come dey special about d visit,abi he wan bring google head office to lagos
Nonsense
Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by tpia5: 8:21am On Jan 23, 2013
whats all this rubbish about how Fash is dressed? Can't believe anyone will even bring it up?

it was a preemptive attack from babyosisi.
Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by BetaThings: 8:27am On Jan 23, 2013
Geomac:

I don't know why you people in the southern part of the country don't appreciate your culture and tradition. We don't do that in my region.
Anything Yoruba, an Igbo man will not say anything good about it.
Anything Igbo, a Yoruba man will not say anything good about it.

Don't mind them. They are voluble in accusing the North of causing the problems in the country.
They are more concerned about tribal supremacy than about benefits to the country
Whenever a thread discusses a development that can be remotely construed as being positive to the SW or SE, you cannot easily get any meaningful information from it. It is so sickening. They behave as if they are pinning for a new civil war!

ypzilanti:

Stop the generalization. Its very Lazy to think that way. I'm Igbo and I like Fashola...I'm not the only Igbo that likes him. In fact Igbos in Lagos generally voted for Fashola, and also Tinubu. Igbos massively voted for MKO Abiola too despite the fact that an Igbo was the vice presidential candidate on the opposing ticket. With the advent of democracy, the politicians have succeeded in playing us against each other by sharing formulas for jobs and quotas for regions. In the end these things do nothing for the common man on the street. Of course there are rabid ethnic champions on Nairaland...the anonymity provides cover for them. I digress.

Lagos state should strive to encourage cheap broadband internet penetration in Lagos. With the correct e-commerce regulations in place, Lagos could become a technology hub in West Africa. This would encourage start-ups and established western e-companies to invest more in Lagos. They are already creeping in, but we need more new companies and hiring here.

I admire your independence of mind. But please don't play down this show of shame. Look at the threads on Prof Achebe and Chief Awolowo. It was so bad I believed those guys should have been banned from the INTERNET

You guys actually don't vote for the same candidates. That is the bigger problem. Because it means it goes beyond the internet
Contrary to what you believe, the SW voted entirely for Abiola while only one SE state (Anambra) out of the then four voted for Abiola. The remaining three voted for Tofa (of course with a SE man VP)
In 1999, SW voted Falae, SE voted for Obasanjo. In 2003, Obj said the SW still did not vote for him (he rigged massively in Ogun), the SE voted for Obasanjo
in 2011, SE voted massively (>95%) for Jonathan; The only state in the southern part of Nigeria that Jonathan did not carry was in the SW

You guys need to do more to stop this tribalism rather than gloss over it
Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by Midastorch(m): 8:31am On Jan 23, 2013
smakati: Wat is dis man up too, few weeks back he went to north korea......am suspecting him o #illuminatti

Getout frm here,very primitive thinker.
Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by obi2012: 8:34am On Jan 23, 2013
I dont understand how what Fashola was wearing entered the equation. The thread was supposed to be about a business meeting, una dey give fashion advice.. Thats the nigerian mentality, even person wey never save one naira pay their rent finish go dey wear gucci in order to impress. Eric Schmidt was dressed in business casual (note the blazer and slacks without a tie) and fashola was dressed casual too.

I dont get why we practice such self hate. Na our forefathers wey invent suit? Arabs rarely wear anything but their traditional outfits when transacting deals worth billions. Only Nigerians will abandon our own culture to go and embrace other peoples culture to please them. Eric Schmidt runs google, he doesn't own it. Larry Page and Sergey Brin who own google and are worth $17.5 billion each still wear t shirt and jeans to their meetings.

I also dont get why everything has to turn into a tribal war. How do you logically explain going from googles visit to ibo versus yoruba? The thing no make sense at all. Nigerians are our own worst enemy and since we cant stay united, this is the reason why these leaders continue to cheat us. We are so quick to sell out each other for money and so busy fighting each other that we cant achieve anything.

I dont also get why people criticize fashola so much.. He is the best performing public official in this current government in my opinion. If he were to run for president in 2015, he would get my vote.

I am not saying that he isnt chopping money because i cant prove otherwise but i would rather have someone that chops money and still performs than someone that chops money and feeds me empty promises. The man can govern and the guy has a vision. I'd rather have him lead me than a blind man with no vision leading me.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Photos Of Sambo Dasuki In Court For Olisa Metuh’s Corruption Trial. / Saraki Meets Young Aspirants Who Want To Run Under #NotTooYoungToRun (Photos) / Tension In Abuja Over Hundreds Of Migrating Herders From Niger republic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.