Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,109 members, 7,814,892 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:15 PM

Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] (34399 Views)

VP Osinbajo Visits Fashola In His Lagos Home (Photos) / Breaking!!!!! Apc Candidate Akinwunmi Ambode Visits Fashola / Bill Gates Visits Fashola. PICS.... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by ypzilanti: 5:40pm On Jan 22, 2013
ba7man: He's just pointing out the fact that with all our fixation on "oil money" and how we clamour and fight over it....this man's company's generates more than our Country. The news is supposed to humble us and make us think deep.

Thank you. @Mr Globe is an illiterate.

4 Likes

Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by Nobody: 5:40pm On Jan 22, 2013
dick hardener: a sound brilliant mind does not engage in the excesses of fashion craze

The other black men around him are not looking outrageous
Nothing excessive in their dressing
He is looking odd

1 Like

Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by Akporugo247: 5:41pm On Jan 22, 2013
Julieccentric:

Help me tell the olodo ooo.
a
Abeg come here make i knack u akpako
Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by Geomac: 5:42pm On Jan 22, 2013
babyosisi: Fashola should have dressed in something more professional
His outfit looks out of place at this meeting
They will think he was still in his pajamas
Doesn't he have a nice blazer with regular pants?
There is a time and place for certain outfits,he needs to learn that and adjust.

I don't know why you people in the southern part of the country don't appreciate your culture and tradition. We don't do that in my region.
Anything Yoruba, an Igbo man will not say anything good about it.
Anything Igbo, a Yoruba man will not say anything good about it.
Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by Nobody: 5:42pm On Jan 22, 2013
hollandis:

What has google with lagos? Powerful brand in ? Hater for? You dont get my point but do you really have any huh

They said the man went for a courtesy visit and people are celebrating
Do they ever think there is a minute chance that google will spend a dime to partner with Fashola in anything without getting thousands of dimes out of the deal from the same Lagos
Nigerians celebrate nonsense.
Anyway let us celebrate with them lest I be accused of bad belle

1 Like

Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by ypzilanti: 5:42pm On Jan 22, 2013
adoniza: Why are Africans low on IQ?
Ask @ Mr. Globe. He does not understand why I mentioned that Google generates more money than many oil states combined. And seeks to understand the corelation between my statement and the Google boss visit.

1 Like

Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by bigtt76(f): 5:45pm On Jan 22, 2013
Thank God he didn't ask of #GEJ ....the Government would have been angry Google is trying to ridicule the Government ...#anotherpolicecollege #grin

1 Like

Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by Tolexander: 5:47pm On Jan 22, 2013
you should have come down to his level.
Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by hollandis(f): 5:47pm On Jan 22, 2013
dick hardener: no, what are u shaking ur head for now. U and I that's the truth. abi na lie say you no be fourth class citizen and identified as kintakunte

My prayer this year was not for me but for Nigerians like you that cant understand the difference between slavery/colonial mentality and patriotism so I am S(ing)MH @ u ,your governor and your president.Yes I am a 4th class citizen and I am enjoying light 24hrs ,water 24 hrs ,cheap food ,easily affordable housing ,cars ,nice friends with rich mind set and most especially clean unpolluted air.If I am a 4th class citizen and enjoying all these ,i look forward to the day i will be 3rd class ,then 2nd class citizen ,then first class citizen.I wonder what I will be enjoying then
SO what do you as a first class citizen of my former country enjoy?

6 Likes

Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by MrGlobe(m): 5:48pm On Jan 22, 2013
ba7man: He's just pointing out the fact that with all our fixation on "oil money" and how we clamour and fight over it....this man's company's generates more than our Country. The news is supposed to humble us and make us think deep.
I don't get how your statement relates to the thread topic. Thats what am asking and How do you mean by the mans company generates more than our country? wow! smh

1 Like

Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by docemoking: 5:49pm On Jan 22, 2013
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. na wa o
babyosisi:

That room looks like something from the colonial era
Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by MrGlobe(m): 5:51pm On Jan 22, 2013
hollandis:

My prayer this year was not for me but for Nigerians like you that cant understand the difference between slavery/colonial mentality and patriotism so I am S(ing)MH @ u ,your governor and your president.Yes I am a 4th class citizen and I am enjoying light 24hrs ,water 24 hrs ,cheap food ,easily affordable housing ,cars ,nice friends with rich mind set and most especially clean unpolluted air.If I am a 4th class citizen and enjoying all these ,i look forward to the day i will be 3rd class ,then 2nd class citizen ,then first class citizen.I wonder what I will be enjoying then
^
chineke.... this is cold grin

4 Likes

Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by aribisala0(m): 5:53pm On Jan 22, 2013
I dey my house you come greet me. Dem say I no dress propotly.
Small time if Elton John come greet me dem go say make I wear skirt and blouse.For my own house. Hia!
Wetin I go come wear wen Jada Fire come naa

1 Like

Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by baby124: 5:54pm On Jan 22, 2013
aribisala0: I dey my house you come greet me. Dem say I no dress propotly.
Small time if Elton John come greet me dem go say make I wear skirt and blouse.For my own house. Hia!

grin grin grin grin grin cheesy
Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by EkoIle1: 5:54pm On Jan 22, 2013
shadrach77: fashola seems to have aged a bit; that apart, the Shmidt guy needs to learn a thing or two about etiquette. He shouldn't be crossing his legs while on an official visit. That appears rude

This is so hilarious, people just make up their own rules on NL and make it an issue. Look here. Go look at white house pictures with Obama and foreign leaders, they cross their legs, they don't sit with their legs apart all over the place.

1 Like

Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by Godogwu: 5:54pm On Jan 22, 2013
oohrhii..fx:
$7.5 billion and e wear colour riot.. whereby naija boys wey no even worth 1 million naira go dey dress like say na bill gate b their father.
God save nigeria and our show off mentallity

You guys must compare and criticize anything or everything Nigerians do. It not our fault that we are very fashion driven and because some people may not be worth a million naira doesn't mean they should dress like touts..... Please!!!! here's a bench \______ ( p.s Dangote is about $5 billion wealthier than Eric) smiley
Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by ypzilanti: 5:56pm On Jan 22, 2013
Geomac:

I don't know why you people in the southern part of the country don't appreciate your culture and tradition. We don't do that in my region.
Anything Yoruba, an Igbo man will not say anything good about it.
Anything Igbo, a Yoruba man will not say anything good about it.

Stop the generalization. Its very Lazy to think that way. I'm Igbo and I like Fashola...I'm not the only Igbo that likes him. In fact Igbos in Lagos generally voted for Fashola, and also Tinubu. Igbos massively voted for MKO Abiola too despite the fact that an Igbo was the vice presidential candidate on the opposing ticket. With the advent of democracy, the politicians have succeeded in playing us against each other by sharing formulas for jobs and quotas for regions. In the end these things do nothing for the common man on the street. Of course there are rabid ethnic champions on Nairaland...the anonymity provides cover for them. I digress.

Lagos state should strive to encourage cheap broadband internet penetration in Lagos. With the correct e-commerce regulations in place, Lagos could become a technology hub in West Africa. This would encourage start-ups and established western e-companies to invest more in Lagos. They are already creeping in, but we need more new companies and hiring here.

1 Like

Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by DANILSA(m): 5:58pm On Jan 22, 2013
SO FASHOLA NO FIT BUY AC? shocked shocked AND DAT CHAIR RESEMBLE AWOLOWO OWN sad angry
Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by kingingkinging: 5:58pm On Jan 22, 2013
babyosisi: Fashola should have dressed in something more professional
His outfit looks out of place at this meeting
They will think he was still in his pajamas
Doesn't he have a nice blazer with regular pants?
There is a time and place for certain outfits,he needs to learn that and adjust.

Finally, Oyibo has finally colonized the brain and culture of some individuals. Why, ab initio, should I wear English dress? We speak English and forget our language, we eat their food to the extent that we call our food local and now, you blame a Yoruba man for wearing his tribal/ cultural dress to host white, how best do you sell your culture. Fashola, you are on point sir.

Some unwise people think they are wise, SMH.

8 Likes

Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by chessguru1(m): 5:59pm On Jan 22, 2013
So wtf am I supposed 2 do now.
www.fatsolution.net
Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by logica(m): 5:59pm On Jan 22, 2013
Apparently he's on a tour around Africa.
Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by Geomac: 6:00pm On Jan 22, 2013
ypzilanti:

Stop the generalization. Its very Lazy to think that way. I'm Igbo and I like Fashola...I'm not the only Igbo that likes him. In fact Igbos in Lagos generally voted for Fashola, and also Tinubu. Igbos massively voted for MKO Abiola too despite the fact that an Igbo was the vice presidential candidate on the opposing ticket. With the advent of democracy, the politicians have succeeded in playing us against each other by sharing formulas for jobs and quotas for regions. In the end these things do nothing for the common man on the street. Of course there are rabid ethnic champions on Nairaland...the anonymity provides cover for them. I digress.

Lagos state should strive to encourage cheap broadband internet penetration in Lagos. With the correct e-commerce regulations in place, Lagos could become a technology hub in West Africa. This would encourage start-ups and established western e-companies to invest more in Lagos. They are already creeping in, but we need more new companies and hiring here.

Thanks for speaking against it.
Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by Geomac: 6:01pm On Jan 22, 2013
DANILSA: SO FASHOLA NO FIT BUY AC? shocked shocked AND DAT CHAIR RESEMBLE AWOLOWO OWN sad angry

lol
Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by Akainzo(m): 6:02pm On Jan 22, 2013
babyosisi:

They said the man went for a courtesy visit and people are celebrating
Do they ever think there is a minute chance that google will spend a dime to partner with Fashola in anything without getting thousands of dimes out of the deal from the same Lagos
Nigerians celebrate nonsense.
Anyway let us celebrate with them lest I be accused of bad belle

Pray, tell me where Obama has visited that US would not benefit from it? Should that stop Nigerians (or any other country) from celebrating that visit?

So Google would benefit from the visit to Fashola, also, Lagos and its residents would benefit from Google. Or why do you thinks things are much cheaper in Lagos than anywhere else in Nigeria? Is that not benefit to residents of Lagos?
Stop your beef and start to give respect to people that are being recognised for their good works, so much so that foreign SUCCESSFUL companies want to be associated or tap into such successes.

2 Likes

Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by ypzilanti: 6:02pm On Jan 22, 2013
Mr. Globe:

I don't get how your statement relates to the thread topic. Thats what am asking and How do you mean by the mans company generates more than our country? wow! smh

Don't worry. You will never get it. Once you miss those lessons in primary school, you are finished.

2 Likes

Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by mrbyron(m): 6:02pm On Jan 22, 2013
hollandis:

shut up there! you are very immature and need a lot of growing up to do. its people like you that hype abroad and make other people believe its one heaven on earth.

4 Likes

Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by dickhardener: 6:03pm On Jan 22, 2013
babyosisi:

The other black men around him are not looking outrageous
Nothing excessive in their dressing
He is looking odd
sweetheart, fashola isn't a fashionista, but a character of exceptional managerial finesse. His priorities are clearly spelt out, his fashion appeal apparently not topping the hierarchical list of prevailing issues.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

ICC Petition: Falana Replies Okonjo-iweala / IPOB Women Packed In Police Cell In Imo After Arrest (Photos) / Show Of Shame As Govt, Security Officials Turn Govt House To Boxing Arena

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.