Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,669 members, 7,809,523 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:53 AM

116 UNN Students Bag First Class Degrees - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 116 UNN Students Bag First Class Degrees (38773 Views)

Proliferation Of First Class Degrees In Private Varsities The PUNCH / A Nigerian With Three First Class degrees / 87 Students Bag First Class In UNILAG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 116 UNN Students Bag First Class Degrees by luvola(m): 1:15pm On Jan 27, 2013
LASU Turns Out 41
First Class Graduates
Tweet Tweet 0
Thu, 07/06/2012 -
12:18am | TAIWO
OGUNMOLA
News Education
Lagos State University (LASU), Ojo,
is set to turn out 41 first class
graduates out of 22,035
students in its 2012 convocation
ceremony.
The university’s vice-chancellor,
Prof. Oladapo Obafunwa
disclosed this on Wednesday at a
press conference to mark the
commencement of the ceremony.
Obafunwa explained that this
year’s convocation would bring
both full and part-time graduates
of 2008/2009, 2009/2010 and
2010/2011 together.
The VC in his analysis said a total
of 41 students will be awarded
First Class certificates while 2,832
made the Second Class (upper
division) list. A total number of
14,922, 4,100 and 140 others
will be awarded with Second
Class (lower division), Third Class
and Pass qualifications
respectively.
About 40 of the total figure shall
bag their PhD certificates.
Meanwhile, as part of activities to
mark the ceremony, Coconut
Breaking Festival has been
scheduled to take place at the
entrance of Badagry town on
Monday, June 11, and will be
followed by the stage adaptation
of Fred Agbeyegbe’s “The King
Must Dance Unclad” by the
university’s Department of
Theatre Arts and Music troupe.
On Monday also, the director
general, Centre for Black and
African Arts and Civilisation
(CBAAC), Prof. Tunde Babawale,
will be the guest lecturer at the
convocation lecture. The theme
for this year’s lecture is
“Reflections on Culture,
Democracy And The Quest For A
New Era,” which will take place at
the institution’s main campus.
There will be an award of
diploma and first degree
certificates while the
postgraduate category will
receive theirs on Thursday, June
Speaking on the state of the
university, Obafunwa thanked all
the workers on the campus and
their unions for what he
described as the ongoing
repositioning efforts of a once
battered university.
He thanked the Lagos State
government for its efforts to
reclaim the school’s lost glory.
The vice chancellor added that as
part of measures adopted to
change the face of the
institution, certificates will be
collected by any of the graduates
who may have fulfilled all laid
down procedures immediately
after convocation. So insummary if lasu can graduate just 41st first class out of over 25000 graduating student ( d higest in the history of the sch

1 Like

Re: 116 UNN Students Bag First Class Degrees by toboy: 1:16pm On Jan 27, 2013
wengerjay: Getting first class in our universities has now become 'pure water'.University of Nigeria indeed!
at least u pay to get a pure water. Girls of nowdays are bleeped free of charge! Pure water is not that worthless!
Re: 116 UNN Students Bag First Class Degrees by bigfrancis21: 1:17pm On Jan 27, 2013
PHIPEX: I find your post funny, if some schools gradute about 5000 students and more than 50 of them make first class, why do u think it's abnormal for 116 students to make first class out of about 18,000?
Gbam!
Re: 116 UNN Students Bag First Class Degrees by playahP(m): 1:18pm On Jan 27, 2013
musiwa14: there will say is igbo bashing.. but if i was the president, and i wanted to pick a VC from the east, i would have picked the VC of Enugu state university of technology who got kidnap because i look at the school. and i notice that during the period he was VC, he upgraded the school facilities. It shows he has a heart for what he does .. and not prof Nedo who did little to nothing for UNN as VC.. so it is not about Igbo bashing..

I wouldve ignored u bur the ignorance you're spewing from that hole you call mouth is really embarrasing!!

Bartholomew okolo is the vc of unn now.

Nebo was an active vc.
Unn used to be a haven for cultists especially during the early 2000's during the time of Ginigaeme. If you see cult war then ehhh!!

Then Nebo came and sanitized the school!!.... Nebo did well, bartho is also doing well as I heard!
Re: 116 UNN Students Bag First Class Degrees by yomip3t(m): 1:19pm On Jan 27, 2013
PHIPEX: I find your post funny, if some schools gradute about 5000 students and more than 50 of them make first class, why do u think it's abnormal for 116 students to make first class out of about 18,000?

This is how you fail !
i asked you if you have ever heard of something like that in any of the countries that has the best ranked universities ?

you didn't answer yet you come here telling me cock and bull comments. Did i tell you to give me calculations or assumptions.

Re: 116 UNN Students Bag First Class Degrees by bigfrancis21: 1:23pm On Jan 27, 2013
yomip3t:

JEALOUSY !!! Don't you have ears,eyes to hear and see the facts. I'm not a northern guy. But this just the basic fact. How can 116 grad with 1st class in one set !!!!
Have you ever heard of that in the rest of the world ?
Think before you comment !
You can't imagine the possibility because you have a terrible imagination faculty. It is reality!
Now, tell me why UNN can't?
Re: 116 UNN Students Bag First Class Degrees by mikel02: 1:24pm On Jan 27, 2013
Afam4eva: This is really an achievement considering the fact that UNN is one of the most difficult schools to come out with a first class. 1st class materials in some other schools are 2nd class materials in UNN.
who told u? ABU 2nd class is beta than first class from any sch in Nigeria.
Re: 116 UNN Students Bag First Class Degrees by Nobody: 1:25pm On Jan 27, 2013
babyosisi:

The school has 2 campuses plus a college of medicine
I dont know any other federal uni in Nigeria that operates two virtually independent campuses
unizik
Re: 116 UNN Students Bag First Class Degrees by yomip3t(m): 1:30pm On Jan 27, 2013
bigfrancis21:
You can't imagine the possibility because you have a terrible imagination faculty. It is reality!
Now, tell me why UNN can't?

Hate arguing with dickhead's like you. Your comments sounds poor. Wondering if you even dey skool, cos i cant imagine you finding it difficult to answer me just a question for over 30mins now. "HAVE YOU EVER HEARD OF SUCH IN ANY OF THE WORLD RANKED UNIVERSITIES ?"
SIMPLE ! U kept saying rubbish. Apply your brain and wise up.
Re: 116 UNN Students Bag First Class Degrees by Idacrux: 1:39pm On Jan 27, 2013
I'm studying a BSC full-time programme in the UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA NSUKkA is aint easy to bagged 2.1 self let alone first class because we study and read under harsh condition........UNN no be beans ooh!!
Re: 116 UNN Students Bag First Class Degrees by bigfrancis21: 1:40pm On Jan 27, 2013
yomip3t:

Hate arguing with dickhead's like you. Your comments sounds poor. Wondering if you even dey skool, cos i cant imagine you finding it difficult to answer me just a question for over 30mins now. "HAVE YOU EVER HEARD OF SUCH IN ANY OF THE WORLD RANKED UNIVERSITIES ?"
SIMPLE ! U kept saying rubbish. Apply your brain and wise up.
I see you have a problem reading write ups. THE 5 RESPECTIVE UNN CAMPUSES (Nsukka, Enugu, Aba, Nwafor Orizu College of Education Nsugbe Anambra, and Alvan Ikoku college of Education Owerri, Imo state) CHURNED OUT THE WHOLE NUMBER! Is that hard for you to understand?
If you did probability/statistics in the Univeristy you'll know that the higher the sampling the higher the probability of obtaining an event! Now tell me why can't there be 116 first class graduates out of over 18,000 graduates?
Re: 116 UNN Students Bag First Class Degrees by cheesome(m): 1:45pm On Jan 27, 2013
musiwa14: it is not the population, we are talking about... But the population of graduate compare to other nigeria universities. It means they are just graduating anybody at UNN with first class....
....only if u were in d school,u would hav gone psycho by now...i tink u need 2 check out our academic calendar, nit - wit!
Re: 116 UNN Students Bag First Class Degrees by musiwa14: 1:46pm On Jan 27, 2013
Orikinla, you said UNN women are good in the bedroom and not the boardroom... you most have tasted the thing.. so you say it sweet. Chineke... you funny.

but joke apart, it is sad thing to see, that an igbo men could have stolen all of the money sent to UNN..
So igbo most ask i have been tribalist for opposing prof Nedo as a minister. For doing a Bad job in UNN.. as an igboman.. if he can not help his people..

i am telling the university of ilorin have not collected 1/3 of the money UNN collected... it is a sad day for me and a weeping day, that how can igbo men do this to their own people.. i am weeping internally. it is said thing to see.
Re: 116 UNN Students Bag First Class Degrees by Theodosius(m): 1:53pm On Jan 27, 2013
Afam4eva: This is really an achievement considering the fact that UNN is one of the most difficult schools to come out with a first class. 1st class materials in some other schools are 2nd class materials in UNN.
it is an achievement bt u wont compair there standard with dat of FUTO
Re: 116 UNN Students Bag First Class Degrees by yomip3t(m): 1:53pm On Jan 27, 2013
bigfrancis21:
I see you have a problem reading write ups. THE 5 RESPECTIVE UNN CAMPUSES (Nsukka, Enugu, Aba, Nwafor Orizu College of Education Nsugbe Anambra, and Alvan Ikoku college of Education Owerri, Imo state) CHURNED OUT THE WHOLE NUMBER! Is that hard for you to understand?
If you did probability/statistics in the Univeristy you'll know that the higher the sampling the higher the probability of obtaining an event! Now tell me why can't there be 116 first class graduates out of over 18,000 graduates?

OMG !!! NA YOU MUMU PASS FOR THIS SITE.
HABA ! SAME CORRECTION IN ALL THE COMMENTS ! HABA !
WHICH OF ALL THESE SCHOOLS YOU LISTED ARE RANKED IN THE WORLD ?
AND WHICH OF THE WORLD RANKED UNIVERSITY EVER HAD 116 1ST CLASS GRAD IN A SET ? SIMPLE OOOO!!!!!
YOU COME HERE COME DEY TELL ME POSSIBILITY/STATISTICS .... NA LOGISTIC U FOR ASK ME ! MUMU
Re: 116 UNN Students Bag First Class Degrees by yomip3t(m): 1:56pm On Jan 27, 2013
Idacrux: I'm studying a BSC full-time programme in the UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA NSUKkA is aint easy to bagged 2.1 self let alone first class because we study and read under harsh condition........UNN no be beans ooh!!

ABEGI ! WHICH PUBLIC TERTIARY SKOOL DEY STUDY INSIDE AC !
NA EVERYWHERE.

1 Like

Re: 116 UNN Students Bag First Class Degrees by bigfrancis21: 1:57pm On Jan 27, 2013
musiwa14: Orikinla, you said UNN women are good in the bedroom and not the boardroom... you most have tasted the thing.. so you say it sweet. Chineke... you funny.

but joke apart, it is sad thing to see, that an igbo men could have stolen all of the money sent to UNN..
So igbo most ask i have been tribalist for opposing prof Nedo as a minister. For doing a Bad job in UNN.. as an igboman.. if he can not help his people..

i am telling the university of ilorin have not collected 1/3 of the money UNN collected... it is a sad day for me and a weeping day, that how can igbo men do this to their own people.. i am weeping internally. it is said thing to see.
I don't understand a word of the mumbo jumbo you typed here. Speak yoruba please.
Save your crocodile tears you call 'internal weeping' not for UNN but for your terrible english. Ezigbo mmadu. We UNN students don't need it. Your type won't even make it to second year in UNN. Gs101 (Use of English) alone will deal terribly with you. Onuku
Re: 116 UNN Students Bag First Class Degrees by CoolKizzy(m): 1:59pm On Jan 27, 2013
musiwa14: i dont think so.. There is something wrong with UNN.... It looks funny that they graduate 18k student...

The reason is... their graduate do not refer it.. Look most school in nigeria gradute less than 5,000 new gradute but UNN is graduting 18k, there is something wrong with UNN.. and that number of first class is what it may take unilorin to produce in 3 to 4 years..

There is something wrong somewhere..

18k student.. when the other universities are graduating less than 5 k... haba... now cash and carry be this..

kai mumu use ur head! Convocztion is not done yearly in UNN, itz a combination of 3 or 2 sets.
Re: 116 UNN Students Bag First Class Degrees by bigfrancis21: 2:05pm On Jan 27, 2013
yomip3t:

OMG !!! NA YOU MUMU PASS FOR THIS SITE.
HABA ! SAME CORRECTION IN ALL THE COMMENTS ! HABA !
WHICH OF ALL THESE SCHOOLS YOU LISTED ARE RANKED IN THE WORLD ?
AND WHICH OF THE WORLD RANKED UNIVERSITY EVER HAD 116 1ST CLASS GRAD IN A SET ? SIMPLE OOOO!!!!!
YOU COME HERE COME DEY TELL ME POSSIBILITY/STATISTICS .... NA LOGISTIC U FOR ASK ME ! MUMU
You just displayed your pitiable level of reasoning. You are a typical example of the recent study that dictates that 'over 50% of Nigerians have IQs below 69 (over 140)). I see your level and I don't argue with such people like you. Seun should ban these alaba barrow pushers that come to Nairaland to spread tribalism and ignorance. Anu ochua.

1 Like

Re: 116 UNN Students Bag First Class Degrees by Tinablack: 2:07pm On Jan 27, 2013
Idacrux: I'm studying a BSC full-time programme in the UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA NSUKkA "IS" aint easy to bagged 2.1 self let alone first class because we study and read under harsh condition........UNN no be beans ooh!!

Kindly proof read b4 U post.
Well, I lack words 2 say. Bt it goes a long way 2 show aw flexible d school Education system is.

ALAS! Getn a 1st class s nw Easy!
UNN has lost its Glory, d so called lions/lioness nw bleat instead of roar. D quality of der 1st Class graduates has lost value.

A University dat graduated a gul hu slept her way tru uni wit a 1st class, has lost its pride.

I knw a lot I won't wana dsclose abt in UNN. Bt, lemme allow d sleepn DOG lie.

EDucation in Nigeria has lost its value, Grades r nw bought.

Tho, der r Gud Eggs, bt d bad eggs liter in evry nook nd cranny.

God Help Nigeria! If d only UNiversity of Nigeria has lost its value, dn der s NO hope 4 Nigeria.

I Comment my reserve. Hehehe.
Re: 116 UNN Students Bag First Class Degrees by Orikinla(m): 2:08pm On Jan 27, 2013
What we call education in Nigerian universities is worse than high school education in the US.
The most pathetic are students of Fine Arts in Nigeria.
They are decades behind time when compared to Art schools in the U.S and the UK. And most of them are not employable.

Nigerian universities should have exchange programmes for students with top ranked universities in the U.S. and UK.
Like the students of Fine Arts should spend three months at top universities overseas.
Re: 116 UNN Students Bag First Class Degrees by mipemi(m): 2:13pm On Jan 27, 2013
musiwa14: i dont think so.. There is something wrong with UNN.... It looks funny that they graduate 18k student...

The reason is... their graduate do not refer it.. Look most school in nigeria gradute less than 5,000 new gradute but UNN is graduting 18k, there is something wrong with UNN.. and that number of first class is what it may take unilorin to produce in 3 to 4 years..

There is something wrong somewhere..

18k student.. when the other universities are graduating less than 5 k... haba... now cash and carry be this..

I agree wiv u 100%. 18k is freaking too much...wonder how many student dey admit each yr. other schools graduate less than 5k so how come UNN's own is 18k
Re: 116 UNN Students Bag First Class Degrees by Ellylace(f): 2:15pm On Jan 27, 2013
Honestly,I am very disappointed..grown men and women,arguing abt somfin as unnecessary as dis!! A lot of u are condemning d Graduates and yet,u can't even do dat wif correct sentences!! Nigeria is in Peril! Chaos and Corruption everywhere!! Yet all you can do is come on Nairaland and boast,critisize and argue like clueless illiterates!! I am a graduate of UNN bt I wnt stoop low to argue abt insignficant things ..My four years in sch,My sweat and hard work thought me better than that..and If u're matured enough,U'll do d same..

1 Like

Re: 116 UNN Students Bag First Class Degrees by musiwa14: 2:17pm On Jan 27, 2013
i cant believe my eyes that igbo men could steal their people money so bad.. Here is Yaba technology. Which have not collected 1/4 the money of what UNN collected..

So you can see, that the Igbo people who rule UNN stole all of the money.. It is like saying Mr UNN collect $100 millions, while Mr Yaba collect $25 million. And UNN does not look good to the eyes. it tells you, UNN money have all been stolen.

it is not a university. but offer some degree courses

Re: 116 UNN Students Bag First Class Degrees by yomip3t(m): 2:19pm On Jan 27, 2013
bigfrancis21:
You just displayed your pitiable level of reasoning. You are a typical example of the recent study that dictates that 'over 50% of Nigerians have IQs below 69 (over 140)). I see your level and I don't argue with such people like you. Seun should ban these alaba barrow pushers that come to Nairaland to spread tribalism and ignorance. Anu ochua.

lol grin ...YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELF ! U FIND IT DIFFICULT TO ANSWER JUST A QUESTION FOR OVER ONE HOUR AND U COME HERE OPEN YOU DIRT DUMPING MOUTH AND TALK UNNECESSARILY HERE. I NO BLAME YOU.... NA OBASANJO AND ETISALAT'S FAULT. undecided
Re: 116 UNN Students Bag First Class Degrees by Tinablack: 2:22pm On Jan 27, 2013
Ellylace: Honestly,I am very disappointed..grown men and women,arguing abt somfin as unnecessary as dis!! A lot of u are condemning d Graduates and yet,u can't even do dat wif correct sentences!! Nigeria is in Peril! Chaos and Corruption everywhere!! Yet all you can do is come on Nairaland and boast,critisize and argue like clueless illiterates!! I am a graduate of UNN bt I wnt stoop low to argue abt insignficant things ..My four years in sch,My sweat and hard work thought me better than that..and If u're matured enough,U'll do d same..

Its unnecesary becos its abt Ur UNN ryt? Guess u wuld av led if it were abt anoda UNI?

SHUT d BLEEP UP!!!!!!!
Re: 116 UNN Students Bag First Class Degrees by yomip3t(m): 2:26pm On Jan 27, 2013
Ellylace: Honestly,I am very disappointed..grown men and women,arguing abt somfin as unnecessary as dis!! A lot of u are condemning d Graduates and yet,u can't even do dat wif correct sentences!! Nigeria is in Peril! Chaos and Corruption everywhere!! Yet all you can do is come on Nairaland and boast,critisize and argue like clueless illiterates!! I am a graduate of UNN bt I wnt stoop low to argue abt insignficant things ..My four years in sch,My sweat and hard work thought me better than that..and If u're matured enough,U'll do d same..

STORY !!!! WHY DID YOU HAVE TO COMMENT ABOUT IT THEN ? cheesy
Re: 116 UNN Students Bag First Class Degrees by Ellylace(f): 2:37pm On Jan 27, 2013
Tinablack:

Its unnecesary becos its abt Ur UNN ryt? Guess u wuld av led if it were abt anoda UNI?

SHUT d BLEEP UP!!!!!!!
No,I wnt...unlike some,I actually do hav a life smiley ...oh and tnks 4 d "bleep"...u're far too kind grin
Re: 116 UNN Students Bag First Class Degrees by londoner: 2:41pm On Jan 27, 2013
Lol....I see someone is back to their pictorial Igbo versus Yoruba antics again....yawn....

Well......I suppose some thrive off it here.

@Ellylace....well done. Your hard work and sweat has paid off.
Re: 116 UNN Students Bag First Class Degrees by musiwa14: 2:47pm On Jan 27, 2013
at the university of ilorin. the department of electrical engineering uses block 9 and block 10.. the building of the block 9 which house some of the equipment for training electrical engieers, is bigger than the whole engineering building at UNN, which combine several department. That is just 1 department...

It shows you, igbo people have stolen all of the money.

In term of foreign or united nation grant. UNN have collect more money than the university of ilorin and more than any universities in Nigeria..

The united nation or any country can check the list of grant to nigeria universities and they will see that UNN have collected more money than any universities in Nigeria ..

It has had more foreign donation than any universities, because they are oliver twists. but it sad that all of this donation and grant by the united nation and other countries have been stolen by Igbo people.

It shows you, igbo people have stolen all of the united nation, world bank,usa, canada, uk, world health etc money or grant for many years.

Nigeria govt specifically alway give the UNN more money than most nigeria universities because the govt feel igbo complain alot.. So when money are given, the govt makes sure to avoid Igbo complain, give them money higher than other nigeria to avoid media embarrassment by the igbo people, what it means is that all of the money have been stolen.
Re: 116 UNN Students Bag First Class Degrees by bigfrancis21: 2:49pm On Jan 27, 2013
yomip3t:

lol grin ...YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELF ! U FIND IT DIFFICULT TO ANSWER JUST A QUESTION FOR OVER ONE HOUR AND U COME HERE OPEN YOU DIRT DUMPING MOUTH AND TALK UNNECESSARILY HERE. I NO BLAME YOU.... NA OBASANJO AND ETISALAT'S FAULT. undecided

Hmmm...interesting!
http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2012/05/rutgers_graduates_largest_clas_1.html

Rutgers University graduates largest class (13,465)in
history.

Members of
the largest class in Rutgers
University history were
awarded their degrees today in
a sun-soaked commencement
ceremony in Piscataway that
included an emotional farewell
to the school's outgoing
president.

Rutgers President Richard
McCormick officially conferred
degrees to 13,465 graduates
from the state university's
New Brunswick-Piscataway,
Newark and Camden
campuses. The class is the
largest in Rutgers' 246-year
history, easily beating last
year's graduating class by
more than 500 students.

This is an example of a top US institution with many campuses churning out a large number of graduates. UNN follows suit. While some ignorant, low IQ people live in abject ignorance. Ignoramuses should learn to use google.
Re: 116 UNN Students Bag First Class Degrees by londoner: 2:49pm On Jan 27, 2013
Laughs @ Musiwa14 trying to steer this thread away from topic, into a back and forth about UNN and stolen money by force.....lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

300Level University Of Jos Student Dies (photo) / Prisons Are Better Than Our Hostels - OAU Students Cry Out (pictured) / Sylvester Oromoni: Autopsy Report Exonerates House Master, Others From Murder

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.