Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,600 members, 7,820,151 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:32 AM

El-Rufai Apologizes For Jesus Joke On Twitter - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / El-Rufai Apologizes For Jesus Joke On Twitter (38253 Views)

Cramjones Apologizes For Ben Murray-bruce's Post - Cramjones / CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter / Cleric Attacks El-Rufai For Jesus Joke On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: El-Rufai Apologizes For Jesus Joke On Twitter by BetaThings: 3:47am On Jan 29, 2013
babyosisi:

You want him to die?
Christians won't kill Buhari for Christ
But your brothers can kill GEJ to make happy

So why are there so many Christians in Muslim countries and even in the North of Nigeria?
Do they want to die?

You have a wrong impression of Christianity
Christian leaders have directed, authorised, approved killings of large number of people in the name of religion

A short list - google them

Battle of Lepanto
St Bartholomews Day Massacre
Vietnam War
Discovery in South America
Gunpowder Plot
conversion of Philippinos
Inquisition
LRA, NLFT, Hutaree
Re: El-Rufai Apologizes For Jesus Joke On Twitter by confusion247(m): 4:00am On Jan 29, 2013
I wonder what would have happened if such comments was made about prophet muhammed, will el-rufai have retweeted it? Why is it that Muslims from northern Nigeria see Christians as fools?
If a Christian have made similar comments about muhammed, by now churches would have been burnt world wide. Innocent Christians would have been killed in the streets of kano. Shame on Muslims, shame on el-rufai.
Re: El-Rufai Apologizes For Jesus Joke On Twitter by naijaking1: 4:29am On Jan 29, 2013
The question is: when will christians all over northern Nigeria start a violent riot to protest this disrespect to their prophet
Re: El-Rufai Apologizes For Jesus Joke On Twitter by jimjones: 4:46am On Jan 29, 2013
it's fair enough to wonder if el-rufai would've retweeted this if mohammed was in it. to my mind though, this aint even about jesus. the twatter comment simply makes the point that jonathan's band of nitwits will seek to smear jonathan's mother or better yet, the most sacred person were that person to criticize jonathan. by retweeting this, el-rufai acknowledges jesus' sacredness....and of course the fact that there's nothing sacred to jona-cassava's band of nitwits.

not unlike the original tweet, the cacophonous backlash has nothing to do with jesus. all na because el-rufai is involved. 99% of the folks making all the noise are a farkin disgrace to jesus, anyway!...and should jesus return right now, he'll farkin send them all to burn in hell! playing the religion card has completely distorted the point of the tweet and retweet....and that works very well for the deadhead that is jona-cassava.
Re: El-Rufai Apologizes For Jesus Joke On Twitter by hotwax: 5:40am On Jan 29, 2013
Donmams: Some of the comments here are pretty dumb! First of all elrufai only retweeted the so called 'offensive' joke. Secondly gov't sponsored fools on social media were hired to rubbish the man's name. But as usual, a highly corrupt gov't uses the religious card to play on the sensitivities of nigerians. And from the responses here there are still many stupid nigerians who fall for the trick!
If it happens to muslims. Muslims will not sit down and reason the way you reason, many heads would have been cut off, many churches world have bin burned.
You only talk like A̶̲̥̅​ civilized/enlighened man. Muslims are not.
Thank God this did not come from A̶̲̥̅​ xtian, another religious killing would have made head lines.
Re: El-Rufai Apologizes For Jesus Joke On Twitter by BetaThings: 5:47am On Jan 29, 2013
hotwax:
If it happens to muslims. Muslims will not sit down and reason the way you reason, many heads would have been cut off, many churches world have bin burned.
You only talk like A̶̲̥̅​ civilized/enlighened man. Muslims are not.
Thank God this did not come from A̶̲̥̅​ xtian, another religious killing would have made head lines.

And your post is civil?
Go to the Islam section here and see the way Christians abuse Islam, Allah and His Prophet (PBUH)
The Christian who went to UI mosque to preach during Jumat prayer, what happened?

la furia:
u didnt answer my question, give me just one example of a muslim insulting jesus. i have seen videos of jesus performing vodoo, read books about jesus having a child, all written by christians. have you seen muslims make jokes about their prophet they way christians do? u dont know islam and so u wont understand. not everyone who is a muslim is going to paradise. evil muslims will surely be punished.

you guys say if it was the other way round. my answer, did you see the el rufai RT or tweet in the newspapers? or television? for the larger fanatic illitrates christians in kaduna and jos to see, el rufai's RT wont make headlines. but wen the prophet cartoon came up, the whole world announced. i dare CNN or channels tv, vangurad or punch to make el rufai's tweet on the front page and wait for the reaction if fight wont breakout in kaduna. i know kaduna very well, and el rufai is from there.

you keep saying if it was the other way round, i ask do the muslim make it a job to insult jesus, yes or no. simple.
Re: El-Rufai Apologizes For Jesus Joke On Twitter by Nobody: 5:56am On Jan 29, 2013
BetaThings bro or sis, hope you were able to say your morning prayers?

I can see your passion for your religion, I admire that so much.

But let's call a spade a spade; El-rufai made a grate error in judgement. He ought not to have retweeted that stuff.

Sent from my waterbed.
Re: El-Rufai Apologizes For Jesus Joke On Twitter by otondo55: 5:57am On Jan 29, 2013
El ru-pig!
Re: El-Rufai Apologizes For Jesus Joke On Twitter by deletrue: 5:57am On Jan 29, 2013
Donmams: Some of the comments here are pretty dumb! First of all elrufai only retweeted the so called 'offensive' joke. Secondly gov't sponsored fools on social media were hired to rubbish the man's name. But as usual, a highly corrupt gov't uses the religious card to play on the sensitivities of nigerians. And from the responses here there are still many stupid nigerians who fall for the trick!
Convinced that you are as senseless and silly as elrifai. Who do not know this arogant boys. Who does he think he is? Must jona offer every body appointment? Each time i look at him, he is just an empty individual, full of frustrations and looked suffering.
Re: El-Rufai Apologizes For Jesus Joke On Twitter by Xfactoria: 6:15am On Jan 29, 2013
BetaThings:
Go and look around Islamic section on NL
Your brethren daily insult our Prophet (PBUH) as a routine act of worship
One of your sisters went to UI mosque to disrupt (and preach) during Jumuat service
She is alive and well

The bolded: Was she lucky to be alive you mean? Was that supposed to be a favour? Should the case had been otherwise?

As for El-Rufai, he and all his sympathizers are pigs!!! If the joke had been on Mohammed, would he have re-twitted it?
Re: El-Rufai Apologizes For Jesus Joke On Twitter by dBard: 6:52am On Jan 29, 2013
stacomaster: So Late! Ave already Killed 2 Aboki..

S.m.h.. the blood thirstiness of d average Nigerian..53 likes!?? angry
Re: El-Rufai Apologizes For Jesus Joke On Twitter by razznaija(f): 6:52am On Jan 29, 2013
Re: El-Rufai Apologizes For Jesus Joke On Twitter by WarriPikin1: 7:04am On Jan 29, 2013
If someone said Mohammed had sex with prostitutes,his head would have been demanded by Muslims.
Re: El-Rufai Apologizes For Jesus Joke On Twitter by Scorpiow(m): 7:11am On Jan 29, 2013
mascot87: Apology accepted wink
by who? Man, o.k. Scriptures says sin against the Holy Spirit is the only unforgivable sin by God.
Re: El-Rufai Apologizes For Jesus Joke On Twitter by umar745(m): 7:28am On Jan 29, 2013
J-Mystique:
I dey gather boys to born mosque...u can't insult our God wink
you wan 'born' mosque abi? E go make sense die
Re: El-Rufai Apologizes For Jesus Joke On Twitter by size38: 7:39am On Jan 29, 2013
My people say " when somebody becomes used to insulting his/her elders, he wouldn't know when he/she starts insulting his parents. That's d case with this boy called El Rufai. because he's used to insulting GEJ and the FG without punishment,now it is time to insult our christ.
Re: El-Rufai Apologizes For Jesus Joke On Twitter by guyosict(m): 7:56am On Jan 29, 2013
abysirius: 1 of d vry few good pple we've got in this country. Nigerians pls...Enemies pls don't run him down!
I nor think say u kw urself at all, yeye
Re: El-Rufai Apologizes For Jesus Joke On Twitter by maasoap(m): 8:07am On Jan 29, 2013
Nigeran christians are troubles to themselves. He only retwitted the joke and had since apologised. What else do you want? A lady entered a central mosque in UI to shout Accept Jesus and nobody apologised till date because you people actually welcome what your heroine did. If you people want to go on the street killing people, do not estate to start your CRUSADE. Bloody hypocrites, bloody PDP opportunists.
Re: El-Rufai Apologizes For Jesus Joke On Twitter by kheart(m): 8:16am On Jan 29, 2013
el-patch:
@tha_originator:not sure jesus did that five times a day.
does it matter how many times? Atleast him nack head for ground case closed.
Re: El-Rufai Apologizes For Jesus Joke On Twitter by billyG(m): 8:39am On Jan 29, 2013
He shld crack a joke on muhhamerd too to balance the insult
Re: El-Rufai Apologizes For Jesus Joke On Twitter by esn1(f): 9:04am On Jan 29, 2013
seanet01: Nice Reply.
That is the Hypocrisy of Our Christians.

Pls wen u dnt hv smtn 2 say, pls shut up. He's apologised bt dt dosnt change facts of ppl who took offence. Am sure if it ws Mohammed analogy, der wld hv bin bloodshed. He should learn hw 2 think, pause b4 writing nd dt applies 2 u to.
Re: El-Rufai Apologizes For Jesus Joke On Twitter by hubreality(m): 9:12am On Jan 29, 2013
He got no good name or image. His hateful posts and insolence against the president already marred him on social media. You don't need to insult anyone to drive a point. Tribalism and Religious extreemism are worst than their one sided camelion fight against corruption. People are now wiser!
Re: El-Rufai Apologizes For Jesus Joke On Twitter by Nobody: 9:13am On Jan 29, 2013
maasoap: Nigeran christians are troubles to themselves. He only retwitted the joke and had since apologised. What else do you want? A lady entered a central mosque in UI to shout Accept Jesus and nobody apologised till date because you people actually welcome what your heroine did. If you people want to go on the street killing people, do not estate to start your CRUSADE. Bloody hypocrites, bloody PDP opportunists.

Make she come north come try am na. Na body go tell her.

Una don get propaganda material.

Looooooooong hisssss.
Re: El-Rufai Apologizes For Jesus Joke On Twitter by Hadesewa: 9:22am On Jan 29, 2013
BetaThings:
Isn't that the reason he apologised?
yeah i know but i expected him to av thought n weigh d consequences before retweetin.U dnt say sorry to a body u've beheaded.
Re: El-Rufai Apologizes For Jesus Joke On Twitter by LeStylo: 9:29am On Jan 29, 2013
If El-Rufai has got a copy of DaVinci Code, he had better not display it in public.

Enough said! lipsrsealed
Re: El-Rufai Apologizes For Jesus Joke On Twitter by LeStylo: 9:31am On Jan 29, 2013
Hadesewa: yeah i know but i expected him to av thought n weigh d consequences before retweetin.U dnt say sorry to a body u've beheaded.
So what happens to @zebbok who "authored" the tweet if El-Rufai gets so much sulphur?
Re: El-Rufai Apologizes For Jesus Joke On Twitter by kuss: 9:37am On Jan 29, 2013
CHRIST CAN FIGHT FOR HIMSELF, THOSE WHO ABUSE HIM ALWAYS COME BACK TO SERVE HIM, THEM OR THEIR CHILDREN GO AND FIND OUT.
Re: El-Rufai Apologizes For Jesus Joke On Twitter by fiscalcliff: 10:02am On Jan 29, 2013
a new word learnt today sha
the "Jonathanians"
Re: El-Rufai Apologizes For Jesus Joke On Twitter by ParisLove1: 10:11am On Jan 29, 2013
BetaThings:
Go and look around Islamic section on NL
Your brethren daily insult our Prophet (PBUH) as a routine act of worship
One of your sisters went to UI mosque to disrupt (and preach) during Jumuat service
She is alive and well
[b]Oh will just shut it terrorist sympathizer. Who is Insulting your prophet in the islamic section? Since when did the truth become an insult?
Muhammad had sèx with a child doesn't that make him a peodóphile?
He beheaded 900 jews at a go doesn't that make him a mass murderer?
He and his companions forced jewish women to bed doesn't that make him a rapist?
He tortured a man to death doesn't that make him a torturer?
He raided people's caravan doesn't that make him a roadside bandit?
So where exactly is the insult here? At least the Christian girl merely disrupted a service same can't be said for your muslim brothers who enters churches with bombs and explode the whole place.

2 Likes

Re: El-Rufai Apologizes For Jesus Joke On Twitter by ParisLove1: 10:19am On Jan 29, 2013
BetaThings:

So why are there so many Christians in Muslim countries and even in the North of Nigeria?
Do they want to die?

You have a wrong impression of Christianity
Christian leaders have directed, authorised, approved killings of large number of people in the name of religion

A short list - google them

Battle of Lepanto
St Bartholomews Day Massacre
Vietnam War
Discovery in South America
Gunpowder Plot
conversion of Philippinos
Inquisition
LRA, NLFT, Hutaree
alexis:
I CHALLENGE YOU to open the thread. Tell us where Christians are rap.ing Muslims in DR Congo or where the government there is trying to establish a Christian State. Open your thread about LRA and NLFT and let us talk about it. Until you DO, stop telling us your brothers can kill Christians in Northern Nigeria and Mali yet we CAN'T talk because there is violence elsewhere. Rubbish!
stop being such a pussy
Re: El-Rufai Apologizes For Jesus Joke On Twitter by BeraBera(f): 10:34am On Jan 29, 2013
@elrufai, this apology is medicine after death. Next time, please use your own prophet for your jokes.

Assuming it was a Christian that made this joke with elrufai's prophet, Boko Haram would have recalled their ceasefire by now.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Bandits: Soldiers And Vigilante Storm Zamfara Forest (photos, Video) / Buhari With Wife Aisha, Amosun & Nollywood Stars At An Event In Abuja / EFCC In Benue Intercept Bags Of Cash Meant For Vote-buying - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.