Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,790 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:00 PM

El-Rufai Apologizes For Jesus Joke On Twitter - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / El-Rufai Apologizes For Jesus Joke On Twitter (38236 Views)

Cramjones Apologizes For Ben Murray-bruce's Post - Cramjones / CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter / Cleric Attacks El-Rufai For Jesus Joke On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

El-Rufai Apologizes For Jesus Joke On Twitter by bilms(m): 3:40pm On Jan 28, 2013
Nasir El-Rufai
Hello Friends. I have been travelling and try to catch some sleep in between the last 24 hours and missed all the furore arising from my retweet of Ogunyemi Bukola's (@zeebook) joke Maku eat al and Jesus. I must say I am taken aback by the extent of desperate misrepresentation of what was an innocuous attempt to show the godlessness of the Jonathanians to denigrate anyone that dares to ask them to be accountable.

To those who were genuinely offended by the retweet, I apologize. I did not meant to offend anyone, neither did the @zeebook I know and featured as one of the Young Voices in my Friday Column. Jesus or Isa Alaihis Salaam is a respected prophet of Islam. Every Muslim accepts this in addition to his miraculous virgin birth. It is therefore absurd for any Muslim believer to disrespect Jesus Christ.

I hope those in this class will see my point of view and accept my apologies for any offense or disappointment caused. And I advise everyone... to read @zeebook's timeline and mine to read EXACTLY what was tweeted rather than the second-hand reports of certain people who ALWAYS twist whatever I write or not write to achieve their morally-repugnant objectives.

To those in that class of liar - the political contractors who tried to attribute the entire statement to me to destroy perceived political capital, I say keep on doing that till the day your cups will be full. Everything these days is reduced to posturing for 2015,but those doing it do not even know which one of us will be alive to witness the events of that time. I leave all those to God and their conscience.

To the Warriors of God, who misinterpret the Scriptures (both Bilble and Qur'an) and pretend to be capable of fighting His battles, please learn from history. The multiple Crusades and Jihads are yet to convert the entire human race into one religion. If God wished us all to be of one religion, He would have made us so. So please leave God's work to Him, and just be good to other humans.

I thank all my friends who stood up for me in this saga. They know me better than what the desperate Jonathanians want to paint as El-Rufai. An those that wish to know me a little batter should please read my forthcoming book. Thanks and God Bless.

http://www.facebook.com/nasirelrufai/posts/10152454480580128

31 Likes

Re: El-Rufai Apologizes For Jesus Joke On Twitter by seanet01: 3:47pm On Jan 28, 2013
Nice Reply.
That is the Hypocrisy of Our Christians.

15 Likes

Re: El-Rufai Apologizes For Jesus Joke On Twitter by brixton: 3:47pm On Jan 28, 2013
K

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai Apologizes For Jesus Joke On Twitter by garrix8: 3:57pm On Jan 28, 2013
Nice and Mature response from El-Rufai.

Wise folks know exactly the game being played by the "Jonathanians".....

@OP; Ʊ$£ ur brain and add ur source...

2 Likes

Re: El-Rufai Apologizes For Jesus Joke On Twitter by nuclearboy(m): 4:00pm On Jan 28, 2013
Using Jesus as the standard of perfection is actually great praise! In effect, his standard of right and infallibility is Jesus so where's the perceived insult? Most people seem to read upside down!

5 Likes

Re: El-Rufai Apologizes For Jesus Joke On Twitter by Nobody: 4:01pm On Jan 28, 2013
Up el-rufia,keeping on educating.

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai Apologizes For Jesus Joke On Twitter by 9javoice1(m): 4:02pm On Jan 28, 2013
a clear picture of how average core-northern muslim see christians.

he did not know when he voice it out.

you cant keep secret for a long time

32 Likes

Re: El-Rufai Apologizes For Jesus Joke On Twitter by Nobody: 4:13pm On Jan 28, 2013
Some bad Christians want to copy some bad Muslims in Religion extremism...

2 Likes

Re: El-Rufai Apologizes For Jesus Joke On Twitter by Igwe9(m): 4:32pm On Jan 28, 2013
ilugunboy: Some bad Christians want to copy some bad Muslims in Religion extremism...
there is nothing like bad christians my friend, rather fake christians.
@OP, El-rufai's comment, irrespective of the intent meaning was not right, our Bible tells us to do not use the name of our God in vain, as a catholic that believes in the mystery of the holy trinity,God the father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit, I took offense to that tweet so do many other faithful.

17 Likes

Re: El-Rufai Apologizes For Jesus Joke On Twitter by stacomaster(m): 4:39pm On Jan 28, 2013
So Late! Ave already Killed 2 Aboki..

68 Likes 1 Share

Re: El-Rufai Apologizes For Jesus Joke On Twitter by Nobody: 4:40pm On Jan 28, 2013
He should watch his midget tongue next time

5 Likes

Re: El-Rufai Apologizes For Jesus Joke On Twitter by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jan 28, 2013
stacomaster: So Late! Ave already Killed 2 Aboki..
grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: El-Rufai Apologizes For Jesus Joke On Twitter by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jan 28, 2013
seanet01: Nice Reply.

What kind of useless statement is this?

31 Likes

Re: El-Rufai Apologizes For Jesus Joke On Twitter by JMystique(m): 4:43pm On Jan 28, 2013
I dey gather boys to born mosque...u can't insult our God wink

5 Likes

Re: El-Rufai Apologizes For Jesus Joke On Twitter by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jan 28, 2013
YOUR APOLOGIES CAME LATE. I HAVE SACKED MY ABOKI GATEMAN

14 Likes

Re: El-Rufai Apologizes For Jesus Joke On Twitter by free13: 4:45pm On Jan 28, 2013

lslamic terrorist.

10 Likes

Re: El-Rufai Apologizes For Jesus Joke On Twitter by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jan 28, 2013
babyosisi: He should watch his midget tongue next time

Are you high ? He apologized for what he re-tweet and even the original tweet.stop complaining biatch.

6 Likes

Re: El-Rufai Apologizes For Jesus Joke On Twitter by Donmams(m): 4:46pm On Jan 28, 2013
Some of the comments here are pretty dumb! First of all elrufai only retweeted the so called 'offensive' joke. Secondly gov't sponsored fools on social media were hired to rubbish the man's name. But as usual, a highly corrupt gov't uses the religious card to play on the sensitivities of nigerians. And from the responses here there are still many stupid nigerians who fall for the trick!

11 Likes

Re: El-Rufai Apologizes For Jesus Joke On Twitter by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jan 28, 2013
But the danish cartoonist apologized yet scores of dead men graced the ocassion

33 Likes

Re: El-Rufai Apologizes For Jesus Joke On Twitter by yungdamaz(m): 4:47pm On Jan 28, 2013
loooollllzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
ocman: YOUR APOLOGIES CAME LATE. I HAVE SACKED MY ABOKI GATEMAN

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai Apologizes For Jesus Joke On Twitter by Bokoharam: 4:47pm On Jan 28, 2013
9ja voice: a clear picture of how average core-northern muslim see christians.

he did not know when he voice it out.

you cant keep secret for a long time

Out if the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks (the pen writes). What a shame to a man aspiring to rule Nigeria, a multi-religious state.

5 Likes

Re: El-Rufai Apologizes For Jesus Joke On Twitter by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jan 28, 2013
So we had to wait for an apology before moving the initial report to the front page. A thread on El Rufai's tweet was created around 1am but didn't make the front page until a thread of apology was created some minutes ago.

The earlier some moderators on NL removed their toga of bias and partisanship the better for NL.

18 Likes

Re: El-Rufai Apologizes For Jesus Joke On Twitter by Sirmee(m): 4:48pm On Jan 28, 2013
@least he didn't deny the tweet like Jonathan n his gang of liars.

3 Likes

Re: El-Rufai Apologizes For Jesus Joke On Twitter by mascot87(m): 4:48pm On Jan 28, 2013
Apology accepted wink

3 Likes

Re: El-Rufai Apologizes For Jesus Joke On Twitter by abysirius(m): 4:49pm On Jan 28, 2013
1 of d vry few good pple we've got in this country. Nigerians pls...Enemies pls don't run him down!

3 Likes

Re: El-Rufai Apologizes For Jesus Joke On Twitter by fkaz(m): 4:49pm On Jan 28, 2013
Gr8 response dia.

Definitely am not offended by the tweet
Re: El-Rufai Apologizes For Jesus Joke On Twitter by Nobody: 4:49pm On Jan 28, 2013
El rufai, next time please use mohammed.

Thank you in advance.

44 Likes

Re: El-Rufai Apologizes For Jesus Joke On Twitter by Nobody: 4:50pm On Jan 28, 2013
cheesy grin grin shocked I wil forgive u wen I finish my joni to saudi arabia
Re: El-Rufai Apologizes For Jesus Joke On Twitter by DANILSA(m): 4:50pm On Jan 28, 2013
our christians? shocked shocked Thank God no house was burnt, no mosque burnt, nobody killed cos i know this Christians can be very rough sometimes, they can get to any extent for Christianity

8 Likes

Re: El-Rufai Apologizes For Jesus Joke On Twitter by SisiKill1: 4:51pm On Jan 28, 2013
Celebrities, Politicians....In short anyone over 15 yrs old STAY OFF TWITTER!!

Jeeeeeeez!!! undecided

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai Apologizes For Jesus Joke On Twitter by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jan 28, 2013
val_dee: El rufai, next time please use mohammed.

Thank you in advance.

Exactly
Next time let him zip his midget lips and think before letting his fingers go faster than his brain

2 Likes

Re: El-Rufai Apologizes For Jesus Joke On Twitter by Mpeace(m): 4:51pm On Jan 28, 2013
I know for a fact that if the same joke had been made about their god, Mr Rufai and the rest would have since taken the joker's head with a dagger. Just passing.

28 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Buhari With Wife Aisha, Amosun & Nollywood Stars At An Event In Abuja / "The Other Room" Trends On Twitter. Nse Ikpe Etim Joins / Timipre Sylva's Convoy Obeying Traffic Light As He Arrives Yenagoa (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.