Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,740 members, 7,824,132 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:57 PM

El-Rufai Apologizes For Jesus Joke On Twitter - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / El-Rufai Apologizes For Jesus Joke On Twitter (38260 Views)

Cramjones Apologizes For Ben Murray-bruce's Post - Cramjones / CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter / Cleric Attacks El-Rufai For Jesus Joke On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: El-Rufai Apologizes For Jesus Joke On Twitter by Donmams(m): 5:10pm On Jan 28, 2013
All the fools insulting elrufai please can you tell us 'exactly' what the insult is? I want to know what is it in the retweet that has drawn the ire of many a religious bigot on NL
Re: El-Rufai Apologizes For Jesus Joke On Twitter by Gboliwe: 5:11pm On Jan 28, 2013
Bokoharam:

Out if the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks (the pen writes). What a shame to a man aspiring to rule Nigeria, a multi-religious state.
Wonders shall never end! See me agreeing with the blood shedding Bokoharam!

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai Apologizes For Jesus Joke On Twitter by fkaz(m): 5:14pm On Jan 28, 2013
Am still wondering, what is wrong with the tweet

And nobody is even talking about ogunyemi bukola @zeebook who tweet, whom i believe is a christain.
Re: El-Rufai Apologizes For Jesus Joke On Twitter by Galaxydon1(m): 5:14pm On Jan 28, 2013
Why didnt he use mohammed instead of jesus. Since it was a joke. He should be stoned to death. Period.
Re: El-Rufai Apologizes For Jesus Joke On Twitter by ajisebioyo1(m): 5:14pm On Jan 28, 2013
Nobody fight now ooo. Bt let christains make small mistake against their prophet. Wether they appologize or not, na wahala. Abi I lie?
Re: El-Rufai Apologizes For Jesus Joke On Twitter by sam2323(m): 5:15pm On Jan 28, 2013
Mr. Joker u shud hv joke with ur own religion and leave christainity and their belive alone.I dnt no why u people like puting eye in d religion dat do nt concern u.if it were a christain broda dat made dat statement about ur religion,by now u people wud hv burn down church and cause riot.pls face ur religion
Re: El-Rufai Apologizes For Jesus Joke On Twitter by Canisma(m): 5:15pm On Jan 28, 2013
The big question is;
Would he re-tweet a blasphemy against prophet
Mohammed
This is not a question of apology and forgiveness.
This is a self inflicted smear on his own character.
Only foolish christians would still trust this man.

2 Likes

Re: El-Rufai Apologizes For Jesus Joke On Twitter by obongoboy: 5:16pm On Jan 28, 2013
El rufai ur apology accepted 1000000 times go and sin no more.
Re: El-Rufai Apologizes For Jesus Joke On Twitter by sbchamp(m): 5:17pm On Jan 28, 2013
A dog that is about to get lost will never ever hear the whistle of his owner, if devil wants to punish individual, he will first make him deaf and misbehave, a word is enough for the wise, huuuum, (blasphemy), I do not think he can go unpunished unless.........GOD HELP HIM. (let's have behind our minds that if you cook food for the whole community, the food will be exhausted but if the whole individual in a community cook for you.....na go be dat o
Re: El-Rufai Apologizes For Jesus Joke On Twitter by Sirmee(m): 5:19pm On Jan 28, 2013
Suljosh:
shut up punk, stop abusin ur father. u islamic extremist.

can't stop laffin @ ur stupidity. wot makes think am a Muslim Jonathan asslicker
Re: El-Rufai Apologizes For Jesus Joke On Twitter by tinkinjo: 5:21pm On Jan 28, 2013
val_dee: El rufai, next time please use mohammed.

Thank you in advance.

He wouldn't dare!
Re: El-Rufai Apologizes For Jesus Joke On Twitter by free13: 5:22pm On Jan 28, 2013
Donmams: All the fools insulting elrufai please can you tell us 'exactly' what the insult is? I want to know what is it in the retweet that has drawn the ire of many a religious bigot on NL

Bokoharam member. Where are your other blood sucking muslim terrorists?
Re: El-Rufai Apologizes For Jesus Joke On Twitter by Suljosh: 5:24pm On Jan 28, 2013
ilugunboy:

Fake Christians? undecided

Something keep telling me some Christians are more intolerant than the Muslims they complain often about...

If you are not comfortable enough with his apologies...then you can turn violence.

As for me...I've taken his outburst..unwarranted or uncalled for as it may be in good faith and accepted his apologies too..
we wont turn violence, cuz we are nt MUSLIMS

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai Apologizes For Jesus Joke On Twitter by nuorlah: 5:24pm On Jan 28, 2013
I am a Muslim and the most I would have done with such a tweet is commend the deep thoughts of d writer.

El Rufai goofed-yes he did. He should have known how very unreasonable Nigerians can be. He, as a supposed role model with that many followers,who cut across religious affiliations and with an understanding of the nature of the Nigerian system should have known not to retweet that.

The pastor who questioned El Rufai is another nobody hoping to capitalise on this situation. Is it fame he wants now or political appointment abi na increased congregation.
It is shameful how notice-me hungry people can get and using religion to get that is worse than anything else.
Re: El-Rufai Apologizes For Jesus Joke On Twitter by ikpom55: 5:24pm On Jan 28, 2013
I am not a fan of Johnathan's government,and I have always respected El-Rufai. But if someone like El-Rufai should retweet a joke about Jesus and still went ahead to defend himself claiming that he did not know it will cause so much uproar in a country like Nigeria, then I don't think he has the intelligence and sensibility to guage the nigerian populace. I am pretty sure if this was about Prophet Mohammed, the response would never be the same. My conclusion, it is either El-Rufai is plain ignorant and out of touch with reality on ground, or he thinks that the christians in the country are fools and can be tossed about, or he does not care about how the christians will react to this.
There is a big difference between a regular Joe on the street making some jokes and a former Senior Public official making the same joke.
I am a Muslim by the way.

6 Likes

Re: El-Rufai Apologizes For Jesus Joke On Twitter by Nobody: 5:25pm On Jan 28, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: So we had to wait for an apology before moving the initial report to the front page. A thread on El Rufai's tweet was created around 1am but didn't make the front page until a thread of apology was created some minutes ago.

The earlier some of the moderators on NL remove their toga of bias and partisanship the better for NL.

Oga,
stop disturbing urself.......this thread aint a istpage stuff......

Elrufai retweet was miscontrued to be blashpemy against jesus......No Muslim(sincere one),I repeat no Muslim(sincere one) will dare Insult Jesus because it is part of religion duty as a muslim to respect Jesus !!!!

Elrufai just despised the extent by which GEJ boys are ready to defend there boss in which jesus was used as analogy!!!!
Re: El-Rufai Apologizes For Jesus Joke On Twitter by Omen100(m): 5:25pm On Jan 28, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: So we had to wait for an apology before moving the initial report to the front page. A thread on El Rufai's tweet was created around 1am but didn't make the front page until a thread of apology was created some minutes ago.

The earlier some of the moderators on NL remove their toga of bias and partisanship the better for NL.

park well my friend.

Re: El-Rufai Apologizes For Jesus Joke On Twitter by Truckpusher(m): 5:26pm On Jan 28, 2013
yeah !bite me and blow some cold breeze to ease my pain ...when are you gonna bite us again?
Re: El-Rufai Apologizes For Jesus Joke On Twitter by zuchyblink(m): 5:26pm On Jan 28, 2013
i hate islam because they hate peace
Re: El-Rufai Apologizes For Jesus Joke On Twitter by batstan(m): 5:26pm On Jan 28, 2013
9ja voice: a clear picture of how average core-northern muslim see christians.

he did not know when he voice it out.

you cant keep secret for a long time
Grow up dude. I am from the north and a christian and i bet you, this guy gave Christ the highest regards than most so called christians do.

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai Apologizes For Jesus Joke On Twitter by free13: 5:27pm On Jan 28, 2013
donroxy:

Oga,

Elrufai retweet was miscontrued to be blashpemy against jesus......No Muslim(sincere one),I repeat no Muslim(sincere one) will dare Insult Jesus because it is part of religion duty as a muslim to respect Jesus !!!!

Elrufai just despised the extent by which GEJ boys are ready to defend there boys in which jesus was used as analogy!!!!

Shut up!
Muslims are terrorists.
Re: El-Rufai Apologizes For Jesus Joke On Twitter by Igwe9(m): 5:28pm On Jan 28, 2013
ilugunboy:

Fake Christians? undecided

Something keep telling me some Christians are more intolerant than the Muslims they complain often about...

If you are not comfortable enough with his apologies...then you can turn violence.

As for me...I've taken his outburst..unwarranted or uncalled for as it may be in good faith and accepted his apologies too..
Ah ah, even without his apology, nothing would have happened.Though, I don't think you had expected that people be kept their mouth shut and not voice out their disapproval to such silly joke. I'm happy that he has recanted the tweet.
Re: El-Rufai Apologizes For Jesus Joke On Twitter by Donmams(m): 5:29pm On Jan 28, 2013
donroxy:

Oga,

Elrufai just despised the extent by which GEJ boys are ready to defend there boss in which jesus was used as analogy!!!!
Abeg tell them make them hear.

2 Likes

Re: El-Rufai Apologizes For Jesus Joke On Twitter by free13: 5:30pm On Jan 28, 2013
batstan: Grow up dude. I am from the north and a christian and i bet you, this guy gave Christ the highest regards than most so called christians do.

Everybody is now saying they are christians. undecided
Very soon mohammed the killer will say he's a christian.
Re: El-Rufai Apologizes For Jesus Joke On Twitter by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jan 28, 2013
batstan: Grow up dude. I am from the north and a christian and i bet you, this guy gave Christ the highest regards than most so called christians do.

Don't mind them all......Condemning Elrufai with regard to this ''retweet'' is as a result of failed Education in our country cuz we re too sentimental and read negative meaning to anything!!!

Baba Obj once said........if God shd come down from heaven to rule Nigerians,we shall still criticize HIM........Does that implies God is no more PERFECT!!!!

Ok,Elrufai has told us what he meant and also apologised to Nigerians...........ki lo tunku(wetin remain)!!!!!
Re: El-Rufai Apologizes For Jesus Joke On Twitter by femeluaka(m): 5:32pm On Jan 28, 2013
val_dee: El rufai, next time please use mohammed.

Thank you in advance.
Ahh!,if he had made the mistake of using Mohammed by now his muslim brothers would have burnt down his VILLAGE.
Re: El-Rufai Apologizes For Jesus Joke On Twitter by batstan(m): 5:33pm On Jan 28, 2013
Galaxydon1: Why didnt he use mohammed instead of jesus. Since it was a joke. He should be stoned to death. Period.
you've even insulted our Saviour more than him by your use of letters. I believe his use of Christ is because of the high regard he has for His purity .
Re: El-Rufai Apologizes For Jesus Joke On Twitter by Dignitary: 5:34pm On Jan 28, 2013
2 things are clear:

* El Rufai would not have retweeteed the tweet if it was Mohammed...but because Jesus was d butt of the joke, he saw no big deal in'it...afterall, Jesus is 'just one of the prophets'.

*GEJ and his cronies run a govt of sentiments and 'appeal to religion'. Thus, it is very expected that they wil latch in on this wonderful opportunity to play d card of 'religious politics'.

~~~ El Rufai has proved yet again that he does not deserve the respect many give him. Left to me, a leader is that man that does not act based on impulse but always auscultate his public and private conduct!!!

~~~~And this is a man many think should be our President in 2015!!! Think again sirs and madams!!!

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai Apologizes For Jesus Joke On Twitter by pictures: 5:34pm On Jan 28, 2013
El Rufai should learn from history. A politician who is insensitive
to other religion doesn't win election in Nigeria
Re: El-Rufai Apologizes For Jesus Joke On Twitter by BetaThings: 5:36pm On Jan 28, 2013
babyosisi:

And that journalist was Muslim if you remember
This is the beauty of Christianity,not a soul was harmed

This is part of the beauty of Christianity

:

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/us-military-weapons-inscribed-secret-jesus-bible-codes/story?id=9575794

"Coded references to New Testament Bible passages (2 Corinthians 4:6) about Jesus Christ are inscribed on high-powered rifle sights provided to the U.S. military by a Michigan company, an ABC News investigation has found.

The sights are used by U.S. troops in Iraq and Afghanistan and in the training of Iraqi and Afghan soldiers. The maker of the sights, Trijicon, has a $660 million multi-year contract to provide up to 800,000 sights to the Marine Corps, and additional contracts to provide sights to the U.S. Army. "

The company has said the practice began under its founder, Glyn Bindon, a devout Christian from South Africa who was killed in a 2003 plane crash.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Keke Napep Ambulances Launched In Ebonyi State As Nigerians React. Photos / Dolapo Osinbajo, Bolanle Ambode, Iara Oshiomhole At An Event In Lagos / Gbadebo Rhodes-vivour: Pray For The Nigerian Judiciary In The Next 2-3 Weeks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.