Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,602 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:58 PM

El-Rufai Apologizes For Jesus Joke On Twitter - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / El-Rufai Apologizes For Jesus Joke On Twitter (38257 Views)

Cramjones Apologizes For Ben Murray-bruce's Post - Cramjones / CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter / Cleric Attacks El-Rufai For Jesus Joke On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: El-Rufai Apologizes For Jesus Joke On Twitter by Nobody: 9:06pm On Jan 28, 2013
pictures: El Rufai should learn from history. A politician who is insensitive
to other religion doesn't win election in Nigeria

But when GEJ with all the symbol of the Nigerian state knelt down before a fellow man...he was sensitive to other religions in the country abi..

So much for una double standard on this thread

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai Apologizes For Jesus Joke On Twitter by Nobody: 9:13pm On Jan 28, 2013
first of all he ought not to ve retweeted that joke being a public figure and a muslim..he was just insensitve .however,he only did that cos xtians used to make joke cincerning jesus and their religion institution in jokes and comedy.that was what he thinks to make him to retweet the tweet which was a mistake on its part,however i tot xtians dont care if jesus was mocked?..i tot only muslim feel bad when the prophet is mocked at..but as a muslim i believe jesus should be respected accordingly as a prophet and a leader in islam and so is the believe of elrufai
Re: El-Rufai Apologizes For Jesus Joke On Twitter by Nobody: 9:18pm On Jan 28, 2013
PointB: One of the qualities of good people is guarding your utterances! El-rufia has failed this test again and again in his bid to score cheap political point. This cut, is the most unkindest of them all.

But we will forgive, but never forget the assault on christian and christianity, and we will certainly remember this prior to 2015.

As usual you guys will want to make maximum political capital out of this goof

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai Apologizes For Jesus Joke On Twitter by disqus(m): 9:22pm On Jan 28, 2013
Desperate politiking!whatever a man sows, that shall He reap.[color=#990000][/color]
Re: El-Rufai Apologizes For Jesus Joke On Twitter by begwong: 9:22pm On Jan 28, 2013
I am also compiling my compedium of jokes on prophet muha. . .To present my unalloyed apologies thereafter on all social media wit a copy to d kingdom.
Re: El-Rufai Apologizes For Jesus Joke On Twitter by Nobody: 9:23pm On Jan 28, 2013
berem: BLOOD OF MOHAMMED! shocked shocked shocked

Na una dey look for trouble cheesy
Re: El-Rufai Apologizes For Jesus Joke On Twitter by begwong: 9:26pm On Jan 28, 2013
ilugunboy:

But when GEJ with all the symbol of the Nigerian state knelt down before a fellow man...he was sensitive to other religions in the country abi..

So much for una double standard on this thread
...did his kneeling down signifies seeking for an election?
Re: El-Rufai Apologizes For Jesus Joke On Twitter by free13: 9:28pm On Jan 28, 2013
When muslims leaders hit their heads on the floor, is that not dumb?

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai Apologizes For Jesus Joke On Twitter by kheart(m): 9:34pm On Jan 28, 2013
free13: When muslims leaders hit their heads on the floor, is that not dumb?
hmmmmm i thought jesus nack head for ground too in mattew 29:36 or abi na my version of d bible get dis tori?
Re: El-Rufai Apologizes For Jesus Joke On Twitter by Nobody: 9:35pm On Jan 28, 2013
begwong:

Sorry I can't understand your question ..can you please rephrase it? Thank you .
Re: El-Rufai Apologizes For Jesus Joke On Twitter by free13: 9:36pm On Jan 28, 2013
kheart: hmmmmm i thought jesus nack head for ground too in mattew 29:36 or abi na my version of d bible get dis tori?

The f.ool is back.
Re: El-Rufai Apologizes For Jesus Joke On Twitter by Dejijossy(m): 9:38pm On Jan 28, 2013
If Ogunyemi Bukola replaces the name Jesus with Mohammed in his tweet will El-Rufai retweet the statement. I'm quiet sure many Christians life would have been lost and many churches would have been burnt.
Out of the abundant of the heart mouth speeketh.
Re: El-Rufai Apologizes For Jesus Joke On Twitter by fkaz(m): 9:45pm On Jan 28, 2013
Bvercially:
It doesn't matter who tweeted! He did d RT i do nt care bouh his intentions buh if it were to a Joke on d prophet Mohammed SAWS! Ina na ni lahi wa ina e lai ra ji un(prayer for d Dead) wuld av been d prayer offered for many christains lives

You notting but a boko haram, since you believe in their way of life
Re: El-Rufai Apologizes For Jesus Joke On Twitter by Hadesewa: 9:59pm On Jan 28, 2013
He shouldn't av retweeted dat joke!!! An elder is not to be seen amidst fools (Agbalagba kinse langba-langba)
Re: El-Rufai Apologizes For Jesus Joke On Twitter by skyfall: 10:07pm On Jan 28, 2013
bilms: Nasir El-Rufai
To the Warriors of God, who misinterpret the Scriptures (both Bilble and Qur'an) and pretend to be capable of fighting His battles, please learn from history. The multiple Crusades and Jihads are yet to convert the entire human race into one religion. If God wished us all to be of one religion, He would have made us so. So please leave God's work to Him, and just be good to other humans.

Best part of the statement.
Re: El-Rufai Apologizes For Jesus Joke On Twitter by tonididdy(m): 10:23pm On Jan 28, 2013
@el rufai ,God is watching you on HD
Re: El-Rufai Apologizes For Jesus Joke On Twitter by thaoriginator: 10:44pm On Jan 28, 2013
yuzedo:
F(u)ck meeee!!!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
yes you!
Re: El-Rufai Apologizes For Jesus Joke On Twitter by sammyzacks(m): 10:45pm On Jan 28, 2013
Forgiven. But we will never forget.
Re: El-Rufai Apologizes For Jesus Joke On Twitter by thaoriginator: 10:50pm On Jan 28, 2013
kheart: hmmmmm i thought jesus nack head for ground too in mattew 29:36 or abi na my version of d bible get dis tori?
dem don clean dat part comot tey tey my broda! Na king james version dey reign nowgringrin
Re: El-Rufai Apologizes For Jesus Joke On Twitter by elpatch(m): 10:53pm On Jan 28, 2013
Thought one of the few principles of politics is to be quick to hear/read but to be slow to respond.he missed it there.lesson to others,nigeria is too sensitive when it comes to religion.
Re: El-Rufai Apologizes For Jesus Joke On Twitter by FUCKU: 10:54pm On Jan 28, 2013
stacomaster: So Late! Ave already Killed 2 Aboki..

hahahahaha.
Re: El-Rufai Apologizes For Jesus Joke On Twitter by elpatch(m): 10:55pm On Jan 28, 2013
@tha_originator:not sure jesus did that five times a day.
Re: El-Rufai Apologizes For Jesus Joke On Twitter by Nonybb: 11:07pm On Jan 28, 2013
*Just Passing* ....Singing Aboki by Ice Prince ft sarko, khuli chana, MI and MJ
Re: El-Rufai Apologizes For Jesus Joke On Twitter by nduchucks: 11:24pm On Jan 28, 2013
The same humans who villify extremist Muslims for issuing fatwa on Rushdie are now more than willing to do worse things to El Rufai, in support of Jesus, contrary to the admonition of Jesus which calls for forgiveness.

Reminder: There are no air conditioners in hell. Dolos.
Re: El-Rufai Apologizes For Jesus Joke On Twitter by santa007(m): 12:01am On Jan 29, 2013
Next time he wants to retweet a joke he should retweet one about his height, wife and religion, Our Lord Jesus is bigger than their 2015 political tweets and jokes.
His apologies should go to Jesus Christ not Nigerians, he can only let us know he has apologised.
Re: El-Rufai Apologizes For Jesus Joke On Twitter by bamosagie(m): 12:01am On Jan 29, 2013
bilms: Nasir El-Rufai

An those that wish to know me a little batter should please read my forthcoming book. Thanks and God Bless.

http://www.facebook.com/nasirelrufai/posts/10152454480580128

El rufai just want to sell his book. He organized the tweet and the reaction, he can now apologize and invite the pope to his book launch. Naturally everyone would like to know him better.
Too cheap a strategy......:
Re: El-Rufai Apologizes For Jesus Joke On Twitter by Ideasroole: 1:27am On Jan 29, 2013
begwong:
Ofcourse dear!
Re: El-Rufai Apologizes For Jesus Joke On Twitter by BetaThings: 3:21am On Jan 29, 2013
begwong:
Really? Did you watch the programme?
Did you watch the campaign there?
Re: El-Rufai Apologizes For Jesus Joke On Twitter by BetaThings: 3:26am On Jan 29, 2013
el-patch:
@tha_originator:not sure jesus did that five times a day.
Did Jesus use drums, cymbals and all (like Christians do today) when he used to pray and worship
Most important point is that he demonstrated that the best way to beseech God was by humbling himself and falling down on hi face
Re: El-Rufai Apologizes For Jesus Joke On Twitter by BetaThings: 3:27am On Jan 29, 2013
Hadesewa: He shouldn't av retweeted dat joke!!! An elder is not to be seen amidst fools (Agbalagba kinse langba-langba)
Isn't that the reason he apologised?
Re: El-Rufai Apologizes For Jesus Joke On Twitter by BetaThings: 3:30am On Jan 29, 2013
Dejijossy: If Ogunyemi Bukola replaces the name Jesus with Mohammed in his tweet will El-Rufai retweet the statement. I'm quiet sure many Christians life would have been lost and many churches would have been burnt.
Out of the abundant of the heart mouth speeketh.

Go and look around Islamic section on NL
Your brethren daily insult our Prophet (PBUH) as a routine act of worship
One of your sisters went to UI mosque to disrupt (and preach) during Jumuat service
She is alive and well
Re: El-Rufai Apologizes For Jesus Joke On Twitter by BetaThings: 3:38am On Jan 29, 2013
9ja voice: qoute me anywhere on this "if mccain say any word as this about mohamed far away in USA, blood will surely flow in sokoto,kano etc"

even if he retweeting king of saudis words.

la furia:
u didnt answer my question, give me just one example of a muslim insulting jesus. i have seen videos of jesus performing vodoo, read books about jesus having a child, all written by christians. have you seen muslims make jokes about their prophet they way christians do? u dont know islam and so u wont understand. not everyone who is a muslim is going to paradise. evil muslims will surely be punished.

you guys say if it was the other way round. my answer, did you see the el rufai RT or tweet in the newspapers? or television? for the larger fanatic illitrates christians in kaduna and jos to see, el rufai's RT wont make headlines. but wen the prophet cartoon came up, the whole world announced. i dare CNN or channels tv, vangurad or punch to make el rufai's tweet on the front page and wait for the reaction if fight wont breakout in kaduna. i know kaduna very well, and el rufai is from there.

you keep saying if it was the other way round, i ask do the muslim make it a job to insult jesus, yes or no. simple.

9ja voice:
i personaly will advice our muslim bro to learn one or two things from christians.

By insulting Allah and His Prophet (PBUH)? Even on NL? Go to the Islam section to verify this?
But get angry at El Rufai retweet of a Christian's originated tweet
By going to UI mosque to disrupt the Jumuat service?
By proclaiming hell fire on people all the time?
By calling people animals, goats etc?
No. Nothing to emulate

Most Christians commenting here consider themselves mainstream
contrast that to the muslims formenting trouble - extremists who are in clear minority!

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Timipre Sylva's Convoy Obeying Traffic Light As He Arrives Yenagoa (Photos) / Herdsmen Attack Amotekun In Ondo, Shoot Farmer And A Vigilante Dead / Ephraim Inyangeye Shares COVID-19 Palliative As Christmas Gifts (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.