Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,701 members, 7,820,452 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:10 PM

Being A Nigerian Housewife - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Being A Nigerian Housewife (24538 Views)

Housewife Snatched By LG Boss Dies Mysteriously After Childbirth (pic) / Housewife Dies Rescuing Electrocuted Mate / Housewife Caught Having Sex With Lover, Fined N50,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Being A Nigerian Housewife by damiso(f): 8:12pm On Jan 29, 2013
dayokanu:

But you know there is a limit parenting can do when your child grows up in Ajegunle/Peckham, Attends Public schools vs Private schools and eat better food vs Garri and sugar

In Nigeria the poor peoples diets are usually low and no amount of of parenting would make Garri and groundnut better than Chicken and chips for the child

Your kidding me right.Chicken and chips. embarassed.Ewa agoyin with garri is better nutritionally.Abeg lets leave that thing.

And now we are taking it to a class issue.If Iya and Baba Mukaila like make dem work 300 hrs per week combined,they cant afford Corona
Re: Being A Nigerian Housewife by dayokanu(m): 8:16pm On Jan 29, 2013
coogar:
look at this odious tool - i am using your argument to destroy you.
earlier, you stated allowing your wife to work opens the doors for lekki/ikoyi residence, top schools and blah blah blah and i countered back that the difference between ojuelegba flat and a lekki mansion can never equate to your wife's salary.....therefore, a bachelor whose salary cannot afford lekki house should resign his fate that he cannot raise his kids to a standard quality! what's so ambiguous about that?

Like I said your defective thought process is the problem.

3m and 5million wont achieve the same thing one would achieve more than the other. 3m would pt your kids in average private schools, 5million would up the ante and put them somewhere better. This is not rocket science

A flat in Ojuelegba is 500k per yr, the flat in Gbagada is 800k per yr tell me there wont be a diff? The flat in magodo is 1m a yr, the flat in ikoyi is 1.6m a yr Even an idiott knows theres a difference

don't be silly......of course they can have families but they should not dream of putting those kids in british-american schools in ikoyi or dream of summer vacations every quarter of the year - like you claimed that working couples would automatically have .

The standard of life definitely increases with increase in household income I wonder why this leprechaun is arguing otherwise. Theres a limit to what the husband can earn and in most cases the wifes supplemental income improv3es their lifestyle

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Being A Nigerian Housewife by greatgod2012(f): 8:18pm On Jan 29, 2013
coogar:

it's people like yourself who wasted their adolescent years chasing shadows that find such tasks daunting! which comes first - your savings or the child we are talking about? if your savings cannot afford N1m per term fees, don't have a child - it's that simple.......you are putting the cart before the horse with your missive! the difference between sending your kid to a top school and a mediocre school cannot be the salary of my wife - only a complete twät would opine such!

i did not forget.....

less quantity + more quality = quality upbringing
more quantity + more quality = super-quality upbringing.

you have to put in the shifts of staying with them for hours and ensuring those hours are also quality as well.

d part....... "if your savings cannot afford #1million per term fees, then, dont have a kid - its that simple"....really got me laughing so hard.

Well, since there is no guarantee that a stay-at-home parents makes a better child and a career-driven woman makes a worse child, then, each to his/her own. Let each of us do what s/he want and d good Lord will perfect and reward our efforts. As parents, we plant and God waters, so each should do what seems right to him/her.
May God help us all.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Being A Nigerian Housewife by dayokanu(m): 8:21pm On Jan 29, 2013
greatgod2012:
d part....... "if your savings cannot afford #1million per term fees, then, dont have a kid - its that simple"....really got me laughing so hard.

Well, since there is no guarantee that a stay-at-home parents makes a better child and a career-driven woman makes a worse child, then, each to his/her own. Let each of us do what s/he want and d good Lord will perfect and reward our efforts. As parents, we plant and God waters, so each should do what seems right to him/her.
May God help us all.

I have told you all from the beginning his arguments make no sense at all Imagine that part you quoted. Would you expect that from a sensible poster but since we are dealing in delusions we can assume every Nigerian bachelor is worth 100m and paying 1m per semester school fees shouldnt be a big deal

2 Likes

Re: Being A Nigerian Housewife by Nobody: 8:23pm On Jan 29, 2013
coogar:

yes - no wonder the society has degenerated to what it is because of selfish parents. they abandon kids in the hands of relatives who take turns to abuse those kids in ways we cannot mention here whilst husband/wife are busy showing their payslips to everyone that they are soon-to-be bill gates! i cannot believe i am arguing with supposed mothers who should understand the importance of proper childcare!

Still waiting for your evidence.
Re: Being A Nigerian Housewife by coogar: 8:32pm On Jan 29, 2013
dayokanu:
Like I said your defective thought process is the problem.

your thought process is slower than the revolution of the earth - it's like there's a time delay of t-24hrs in your brain. you would only understand this point same time tomorrow!

3m and 5million wont achieve the same thing one would achieve more than the other. 3m would pt your kids in average private schools, 5million would up the ante and put them somewhere better. This is not rocket science

must you argue like a lunatic?
while your wife is working full time and earning N3m, won't she pay the hands doing the childcare for her? transport to work? etc? are you this foolish? unless you equate what a regular ekaette would offer as proper child care to your wife's then a difference of 2 million will not do nada. i'd rather my wife does the upbringing herself !

A flat in Ojuelegba is 500k per yr, the flat in Gbagada is 800k per yr tell me there wont be a diff? The flat in magodo is 1m a yr, the flat in ikoyi is 1.6m a yr Even an idiott knows theres a difference

how can a flat in ikoyi equals 1.5 million - which ikoyi are you talking about? it must be the one in ogbomosho! a flat in ikoyi will not cost less than 10m per annum. so tell me how your wife's 2 million would bridge the gap, you odious swine?

The standard of life definitely increases with increase in household income I wonder why this leprechaun is arguing otherwise. Theres a limit to what the husband can earn and in most cases the wifes supplemental income improv3es their lifestyle

the quality of life does not improve from a mediocre to high standard based on the salary of one's wife. that's just a big lie. from N0.5m to N10m house rent difference is not equal to your wife's salary. tell another lie!

dayokanu:
I have told you all from the beginning his arguments make no sense at all Imagine that part you quoted. Would you expect that from a sensible poster but since we are dealing in delusions we can assume every Nigerian bachelor is worth 100m and paying 1m per semester school fees shouldnt be a big deal

no one is saying every nigerian bachelor is worth a trillion. you foolishly argued its only when the 2 parents are working that they would be able to afford the opulent lifestyle in ikoyi and raise the kids to a sterling quality and i countered that with......."bachelors/couples who earn low salaries and want to stay in ikoyi should not bother having kids".

however, if they insist on having one, they should resign their fate they cannot raise their kids to a high-quality - why are you this dense? i think there's a universe of difference in what we consider as "high quality".
Re: Being A Nigerian Housewife by coogar: 9:10pm On Jan 29, 2013
ileobatojo:
Still waiting for your evidence.

don't jump the gun - you will have it before the weekend...
Re: Being A Nigerian Housewife by Nobody: 9:33pm On Jan 29, 2013
damiso:

Your kidding me right.Chicken and chips. embarassed.Ewa agoyin with garri is better nutritionally.Abeg lets leave that thing.

And now we are taking it to a class issue.If Iya and Baba Mukaila like make dem work 300 hrs per week combined,they cant afford Corona

Don't be ridiculous sis( which kind ewa agoin?)... Monè makes the world go round cool... I am not interested going in circles with cooger

... so he's willing to drop his whole nine yards for his family's upkeep including cream cheesy? Baba agbalagba cooger... I duff my weave o!

I spend over 100 grand for tuition so I should put everything on omo olomo cos I want to spend quality time with my kids? What's wrong with prioritizing my parenting skills? We both chose the lifestyle so we have to make it work TOGETHER cool
Re: Being A Nigerian Housewife by BABE3: 9:36pm On Jan 29, 2013
Efemena_xy:

You do know it doesn't always work out that way, don't you?

Life is not a clear cut case of black-or-white.

Now what do I mean?

~ What if you finally meet your intended spouse/life partner late in life? I say "late" in relation to the female's biological clock. So say late thirties? Early forties? But you've not quite got to the point you want to be career wise / financially. What would you do then? Miss out on having your own biological kids because you've got the "I" and "T" but not yet dotted and crossed them to your absolute satisfaction?

~ What happens if you do reach the pinnacle of your financial aspirations but loose it all in the twinkle of an eye (say for example due to external factors like the stock market taking a nose-dive / crashing, the country getting gripped in the throes of a double/triple dip recession? You gonna wait and ride out the storm? You'll start all over again, from scratch before embarking on having kids?

I really am curious, you know...

Making up a wale-adenuga induced scenario won't change the fact that the kids didn't beg you to "create" them. So if you've made up your mind to have them, they MUST and SHOULD be well taken care of. Na them curse you? I'm suffering doesn't mean I must invite another head to join me.

Because I don't want to miss out on having my own baby doesn't mean I should wake up one miserable morning, fu-ck my husband, get pregnant, add another mouth to the already starving mouths and end up putting a tray of Goody-Goody and choco-milo on my 5 year old to hawk. Isn't that the height of selfishness? You people are forgetting that babies aren't dogs.
Re: Being A Nigerian Housewife by EfemenaXY: 9:47pm On Jan 29, 2013
BABE!:

Making up a wale-adenuga induced scenario won't change the fact that the kids didn't beg you to "create" them. So if you've made up your mind to have them, they MUST and SHOULD be well taken care of. Na them curse you? I'm suffering doesn't mean I must invite another head to join me.

Because I don't want to miss out on having my own baby doesn't mean I should wake up one miserable morning, fu-ck my husband, get pregnant, add another mouth to the already starving mouths and end up putting a tray of Goody-Goody and choco-milo on my 5 year old to hawk. Isn't that the height of selfishness? You people are forgetting that babies aren't dogs.

Of course I know "babies aren't dogs". Nevertheless, bottom line here is people should emabark on whatever suits them best.

Not everyone wants / needs / has to be financially "up there" to have kids.
Re: Being A Nigerian Housewife by Nobody: 9:52pm On Jan 29, 2013
BABE!:

So basically we are supposed to believe that someone who is not willing to miss a second of her children's growth for work would be willing to watch her eggs go fallow in the name of the same work? Okay we believe you.

4 Likes

Re: Being A Nigerian Housewife by coogar: 9:55pm On Jan 29, 2013
jidegirl12:
Don't be ridiculous sis( which kind ewa agoin?)... Monè makes the world go round cool... I am not interested going in circles with cooger
... so he's willing to drop his whole nine yards for his family's upkeep including cream cheesy? Baba agbalagba cooger... I duff my weave o!

that's the way the world is.......
i am willing to drop everything for the proper care of my children! that's standard!!! i would be at work knowing my loving wife is putting the shifts in raising them like no one else can.

I spend over 100 grand for tuition so I should put everything on omo olomo cos I want to spend quality time with my kids? What's wrong with prioritizing my parenting skills? We both chose the lifestyle so we have to make it work TOGETHER cool

who is omo lomo?
the kids you are taking care of - did they drop from the sky or is it not the same kid agreed and made by omo lomo?

your last sentence is the only thing i agree with. people should go for what works for them. the workaholics should not look down on the full housewives as lazy beings or leeches - they are the honest hardworking women that every husband would cherish!

ileobatojo:
So basically we are supposed to believe that someone who is not willing to miss a second of her children's growth for work would be willing to watch her eggs go fallow in the name of the same work? Okay we believe you.

hahahahaha - backward reasoning at its best!
someone who is not willing to miss a second of her child's growth for work would not also be willing to bring a child to the world and watch the child suffer.

people who dream to give their kids quality training and cannot afford it should stay barren till they can. if having that child is the main priority then they should forget about giving the child quality upbringing and settle for mediocrity. the 2 cannot coexist!
Re: Being A Nigerian Housewife by BABE3: 10:04pm On Jan 29, 2013
ileobatojo:

My baby start to exist the moment I make up my mind to have her/him. If I'm not ready then it means i'm still very much baby-less and my eggs can go fallow all they want. I want kids AND I must be able to take very good care of them . Take note of the "AND".

Efemena_xy:

Of course I know "babies aren't dogs". Nevertheless, bottom line here is people should emabark on whatever suits them best.

Not everyone wants / needs / has to be financially "up there" to have kids.

It's a free world.
Re: Being A Nigerian Housewife by BABE3: 10:08pm On Jan 29, 2013
coogar:
hahahahaha - backward reasoning at its best!
someone who is not willing to miss a second of her child's growth for work would not also be willing to bring a child to the world and watch the child suffer.

people who dream to give their kids quality training and cannot afford it should stay barren till they can. if having that child is the main priority then they should forget about giving the child quality upbringing and settle for mediocrity. the 2 cannot coexist!

Right.
Re: Being A Nigerian Housewife by coogar: 10:10pm On Jan 29, 2013
BABE!:

It's a free world.

this phrase is so fücking funny, we all know freedom is based off the money!
how does one give a child quality upbringing if one cannot afford it? you either not have that child till you can afford the quality you want for him or you forget giving him quality upbringing and settle for less. it's that simple!!!
Re: Being A Nigerian Housewife by Nobody: 10:15pm On Jan 29, 2013
Most family threads end with what is good for A might not be good for B, lol, that is after debating and debating. . . grin

Anyway, I believe the crux of the matter is to spend quality time with the kids.
Being a housewife these days doesn't sound attractive especially if the kids are grown, but there's no way in hell I'd spend more than a few hours on a job tongue. I will so quit it. I ain't no superwoman. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Being A Nigerian Housewife by BABE3: 10:15pm On Jan 29, 2013
coogar:

how does one give a child quality upbringing if one cannot afford it? you either not have that child till you can afford the quality you want for him or you forget giving him quality upbringing and settle for less. it's that simple!!!

There are many kids not being properly taken care of. After we're done with this argument, parents will still make more babies to "fill up space". Who's gonna shoot them? . . . so far they're eating good and going to school.

So my dear, na free world.
Re: Being A Nigerian Housewife by EfemenaXY: 10:16pm On Jan 29, 2013
coogar:

In addition to that, an education on females is wasted as their only role in life is to bear and "nuture" children.

They must NEVER entertain the thought of having kids unless they're multi-millionaires AND

once they've attained such dizzying heights, they MUST forget about work and focus soley on the kids. They MUST be mad to entertain the thought of working...oh no, otherwise they'll end up rearing hooligans, benefit deadbeats and all manner of societal misfits!

Love your analysis Coogar...

3 Likes

Re: Being A Nigerian Housewife by BABE3: 10:21pm On Jan 29, 2013
Efemena_xy:

In addition to that, an education on females is wasted as their only role in life is to bear and "nuture" children.

Is that your only role in life? Because you're not "working" with your degree doesn't mean your education is wasted, darling. cheesy The use of education is vast.

Efemena_xy:
once they've attained such dizzying heights, they MUST forget about work and focus soley on the kids. They MUST be mad to entertain the thought of working...oh no, otherwise they'll end up rearing hooligans, benefit deadbeats and all manner of societal misfits!

You working and raising a kid doesn't mean you'll raise an 1d1ot.

You're fine with your child ending up like "every other person"; having an upbringing like "every other person". Cute.

See, coogar, it's a free-world, some embrace mediocrity, some don't. Ain't no crime in that.

1 Like

Re: Being A Nigerian Housewife by coogar: 10:30pm On Jan 29, 2013
Efemena_xy:

an education on females is not wasted - once the kids are all fully in school, she can enter the labour market again!! where did i say a woman should dedicate the rest of her life to children when the kids are out of the house by the time they are 16/17. even if she had her last child at 33, is a 50-yr old woman too old to work or she would be nurturing the space left by the kids whilst they are in their respective universities? you have a way of making your own argument, don't you?

They must NEVER entertain the thought of having kids unless they're multi-millionaires

they shouldn't entertain the thoughts of having kids if they are bent on staying in old ikoyi, go to dubai every summer and if they intend to send those kids through expensive private schools all the way to yale/havard/MIT. it's sad but true - only millionaires can afford such luxuries. however, if having kids is imperative, then they should cut their cloth according to their cloth. put them in schools with less quality, ignore abu dhabi summer trips and settle for obudu ranch and put them in okuamagbo memorial secondary school instead of corona.

Love your analysis Coogar...

exaggeration of the highest order......
one person must do the work to bring in the bacon(husband) and the other(the wife) must tidy up things in the home front. it's called partnership and its a temporary measure till the kids become adults. parents who spend quality time with their kids are surer to raise good kids than the ones who spend less quality time with theirs. that's logical enough!!!

1 Like

Re: Being A Nigerian Housewife by EfemenaXY: 10:31pm On Jan 29, 2013
BABE!:

Is that your only role in life? Because you're not "working" with your degree doesn't mean your education is wasted, darling. cheesy The use of education is vast.

Really?

How?

Knitting?

Gossiping over the fence with an oversized dressing gown, flip flops and rollers in my hair?

Taking out my frustration on the kids??

Please, enlighten me...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Being A Nigerian Housewife by damiso(f): 10:35pm On Jan 29, 2013
jidegirl12:

Yes i am serious if it is FRIED chicken and chips.Beans is full of protein and fibre.(trust me hubby calls me nutrition freak check out my moves on food section grin).

But seriously jokes apart money does make the world go round.BUT this argument would always be subjective however you view it.Lets not make it out that having and being able to afford the best schools,holidays,houses etc=good parenting.Those things are very good as they are an enabler BUT they do not necessarily mean a child will turn out well.

I know a child who went to Roedan(private sch) and is in University of Portsmouth and one who went to a local catholic sch in Cambridge.I do acknowledge esp in the Uk that the one who went Roedan has a higher probability of doing well with proper parental input but might not always be the case.Its all subjective.

Try your best as a parent in all ways,financially,mentally,psycologically etc BUT we cant definitively say that a working mum who adds to private sch fees child will definitely turn out better than a stay at home mum whose child is in public sch where mum is a teacher and tutors him/her cos she works part time.Or vice-versa.So its all relative.

As i said do what suits YOU and your family.

1 Like

Re: Being A Nigerian Housewife by BABE3: 10:36pm On Jan 29, 2013
Efemena_xy:

Really?

How?

Knitting?

Gossiping over the fence with an oversized dressing gown, flip flops and rollers in my hair?

Please, enlighten me...

You want me to list out the usefulness of education? Haba, aunty? cheesy I can't o. Ask any kid around you. They'll tell you.

Btw, you leaving the workforce to take care of your kids is/can be temporary. Duh! grin
Re: Being A Nigerian Housewife by coogar: 10:39pm On Jan 29, 2013
Efemena_xy:
Really?
How?

Knitting?

Please, enlighten me...

i hope you know some people work from home!
in fact, the ones i know took that option because they want to raise their kids and they cannot even afford to hire an au pair. their companies installed a server in their living rooms and they work in their sitting room in this same uk. so tell me, is the education of such women wasted? even if we remove the uk setting and concentrate on the nigerian setting - there are various businesses one can do at home that would bring in money. do you have another point left? cheesy grin
Re: Being A Nigerian Housewife by damiso(f): 10:45pm On Jan 29, 2013
coogar:

in fact, the ones i know took that option because they want to raise their kids and they cannot even afford to hire an au pair. their companies installed a server in their living rooms and they work in their sitting room in this same uk. so tell me, is the education of such women wasted? even if we remove the uk setting and concentrate on the nigerian setting - there are various businesses one can do at home that would bring in money. do you have another point left? cheesy grin

I dont get the point of arguing cos this your post also seems like Efe's point.You dont have to leave home to work and earn an income.One does not necessarily have to suffer for the other.As those management consultants put it work/life balance.
Re: Being A Nigerian Housewife by Nobody: 10:49pm On Jan 29, 2013
BABE!:

My baby start to exist the moment I make up my mind to have her/him. If I'm not ready then it means i'm still very much baby-less and my eggs can go fallow all they want. I want kids AND I must be able to take very good care of them . Take note of the "AND".

It's easy to say when you already can/or are guaranteed to be able to provide the world for the kids isn't it? wink
Re: Being A Nigerian Housewife by dayokanu(m): 10:52pm On Jan 29, 2013
coogar:

an education on females is not wasted - once the kids are all fully in school, she can enter the labour market again!! where did i say a woman should dedicate the rest of her life to children when the kids are out of the house by the time they are 16/17. even if she had her last child at 33, is a 50-yr old woman too old to work or she would be nurturing the space left by the kids whilst they are in their respective universities? you have a way of making your own argument, don't you?!

Like I said earlier arguing senselessly just to read your own fonts.

Abeg oo how many careers does one take a 17yr break and just enter the labour market seamlessly at age 50yrs

Yeah i know Zenith bank would hire a 50yr old accountant who last worked in 1990.

they shouldn't entertain the thoughts of having kids if they are bent on staying in old ikoyi, go to dubai every summer and if they intend to send those kids through expensive private schools all the way to yale/havard/MIT. it's sad but true - only millionaires can afford such luxuries. however, if having kids is imperative, then they should cut their cloth according to their cloth. put them in schools with less quality, ignore abu dhabi summer trips and settle for obudu ranch and put them in okuamagbo memorial secondary school instead of corona.

In the world of realities couples combine their income and raise the standard of life of their family instead of going to okumagbo the wife pitches her bit and they send the kids to better schools Two can combine to achieve Corona instead of one person

2 Likes

Re: Being A Nigerian Housewife by coogar: 10:53pm On Jan 29, 2013
damiso:
I dont get the point of arguing cos this your post also seems like Efe's point.You dont have to leave home to work and earn an income.One does not necessarily have to suffer for the other.As those management consultants put it work/life balance.

efe's point is quite distinct from mine.....
her post suggests a woman must work regardless.....child care or not, a woman must contribute her quota and i am saying its not necessary for her to work when the kids are still quite young. any sane husband should understand why a woman wants to put in shifts at home to nurture the kids. efe's argument is such women are lazy and they are leeches. how is our point the same? efe is chasing the fish, i am after the fisherman!

dayokanu:
Like I said earlier arguing senselessly just to read your own fonts.
Abeg oo how many careers does one take a 17yr break and just enter the labour market seamlessly at age 50yrs Yeah i know Zenith bank would hire a 50yr old accountant who last worked in 1990.

e no go better for zenith bank......
getting a job is about certifications and experience. a chartered engineer or a chartered accountant would always be in demand - age is overrated, your skillet reigns supreme. my industry is filled with old men(engineers) and they are still in hot demand anytime anyday. unless you marry adefunke that can only boast of a bachelor's degree in fine arts, there's no way a woman won't get back on her career ladder if she pleases. if my grandmother takes SAP exams tonight n passes, she would get a job!

In the world of realities couples combine their income and raise the standard of life of their family instead of going to okumagbo the wife pitches her bit and they send the kids to better schools Two can combine to achieve Corona instead of one person

you are stretching the borders of daftness yet again.
in the world of realities, working couples are mostly penny wise and pound stupid. you would spend more than your wife's salary per annum if you hire professionals to do the nurturing for you and there's no guarantee they would do it as perfect as your wife!
Re: Being A Nigerian Housewife by EfemenaXY: 10:54pm On Jan 29, 2013
coogar:

Actually, I do.

Now you advocate for "some" measure of employment for women with young kids. So, you've moved on from a complete no-no to a "perhaps".

You're shifting the goal posts here Coogar! angry

Now, back to the point of women working from home...what about "quality" time with the kids?

How can these women possibly dedicate quality time with the kids whilst on a conference call? Or in the middle of an on-line presentation? Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying working from home is wrong/bad. What I'm asking you, is this: How does this option tie in with the much needed quality time you advocate for, for the kids? How on earth is this any different from placing the child in part-time nursery whilst she focuses on work? And not worrying about what her over active toddler/ crawling baby might be getting up to? undecided

coogar:

Snip...

Snip...

exaggeration of the highest order......
one person must do the work to bring in the bacon(husband) and the other(the wife) must tidy up things in the home front. it's called partnership and its a temporary measure till the kids become adults. parents who spend quality time with their kids are surer to raise good kids than the ones who spend less quality time with theirs. that's logical enough!!!

Why do you always assume that the man's income is the lion's share?

Do you not consider households where the woman's income far outweighs the man's? And I'm not referring to your typical manual / unskilled job for the man. No, I'm thinking more in terms of say, the man's a medical doctor while his wife is the CEO of a FTSE100 company!

So what happens in this scenario? After her maternity leave's up, then what? Knitting? Cooking? Baking??

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Being A Nigerian Housewife by BABE3: 10:56pm On Jan 29, 2013
ileobatojo:

It's easy to say when you already can/or are guaranteed to be able to provide the world for the kids isn't it? wink

Are you saying I'm rich? cheesy Coogar is the millionaire providing the money o, I'm the one to change the smelly diapers and turn a baby monitor into my cellphone. Actually, there won't be a need for a baby monitor coz i'll be staring into his/her eyes/lids 24/7. wink
Re: Being A Nigerian Housewife by EfemenaXY: 10:56pm On Jan 29, 2013
damiso:

+ 1000 likes!

Nor mind Coogar. He's cleverly ignored my first two comments on this thread about achieving a work-life balance / working from home / affordability to give up work - not an option for many people in the real world!
Re: Being A Nigerian Housewife by dayokanu(m): 10:57pm On Jan 29, 2013
Efemena_xy:

Actually, I do.

Now you advocate for "some" measure of employment for women with young kids. So, you've moved on from a complete no-no to a "perhaps".

You're shifting the goal posts here Coogar! angry

Now, back to the point of women working from home...what about "quality" time with the kids?

How can these women possibly dedicate quality time with the kids whilst on a conference call? Or in the middle of an on-line presentation? Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying working from home is wrong/bad. What I'm asking you, is this: How does this option tie in with the much needed quality time you advocate for, for the kids? How on earth is this any different from placing the child in part-time nursery whilst she focuses on work? And not worrying about what her over active toddler/ crawling baby might be getting up to? undecided

You should know most of coogars argument dont make sense.

Now mom can stay at home and work no longer stay at home to take care of kids, clean house, wash plates, sweep floor etc.

So mummy should wait at home even when the kids are in school till the last of them leaves home at age 17 probably mommy is 55yrs

Then she would lift her 55yr old butt to go write aptitude test and apply for jobs

Some things are just written to increase ones post on NL you know

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

I Impregnanted My Best Friend's Only Daughter / Names For Twin Girls / As A Husband, "Before You Ask Your Wife What Are You Bringing To The Table".

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 134
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.