Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,583 members, 7,955,136 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 05:50 PM

Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? (22398 Views)

Wow! I Never Knw They Hate Silent Treatment / Cheating In Relationship, How Did U Catch Them, How Were U Caught? / The Silent Treatment - What You Are Saying By Not Saying Anything At All (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by Idowuogbo(f): 6:07pm On Feb 06, 2013
lefulefu: haba Nneka and Idowu na wetin dey make una dey fight?
i hope idowu no snatch ur boyfriend ooo
lamdidi, how far? will u b my valentino? grin grin grin
Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by stpat1(m): 9:55pm On Feb 06, 2013
Idowuogbo:
Yes Patrick! dat is d topic o! u never jam! I'll stalk ya life for dis nl. angry angry angry angry

Idowu, by now I expect you to be shopping for your Val dress na? abi he never settle you? No worry I will link you with the assistant pastor in my church grin wink smiley
Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by Idowuogbo(f): 10:07pm On Feb 06, 2013
stpat1:

Idowu, by now I expect you to be shopping for your Val dress na? abi he never settle you? No worry I will link you with the assistant pastor in my church grin wink smiley
Don't talk to me angry
Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by stpat1(m): 10:20pm On Feb 06, 2013
Idowuogbo:
Don't talk to me angry

hahahahhahahaaa so you never sleep, what are u still doing online by this time? yeeeee so he allow you dey type for computer at this time wey suppose be action time. Kai, abi na too much fish and peppered Pomo topped with nurse jedi for tarmac cause am? Oya wake am up. wink sad sad sad

ehen wetin you say do you?
Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by stpat1(m): 10:37pm On Feb 06, 2013
Idowuogbo:
lamdidi, how far? will u b my valentino? grin grin grin

So where will you tell Sule you are going to? cool
Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by Idowuogbo(f): 10:56pm On Feb 06, 2013
stpat1:

hahahahhahahaaa so you never sleep, what are u still doing online by this time? yeeeee so he allow you dey type for computer at this time wey suppose be action time. Kai, abi na too much fish and peppered Pomo topped with nurse jedi for tarmac cause am? Oya wake am up. wink sad sad sad

ehen wetin you say do you?
stpat1:

So where will you tell Sule you are going to? cool
Don't quote me! angry angry
Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by njaluv(f): 8:32pm On Mar 30, 2013
Bad , especially if you are unsure of what the cause was to get the silent treatment! Had this happen to me and for 3 days I received the silent treatment only to find out I did not respond the way he thought I should! Silly!
Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by HotieTima(f): 12:29pm On May 23, 2013
njaluv: Bad , especially if you are unsure of what the cause was to get the silent treatment! Had this happen to me and for 3 days I received the silent treatment only to find out I did not respond the way he thought I should! Silly!

grin grin grin grin

are u for real lmao

me i am very good at silent treatment especially when i know i am right
but it kills me inside.
Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by grandlexuz(m): 1:27pm On May 23, 2013
devour129: Never seen a person that can keep malice like mi hubby,sometimes I think av made a mistake cos am not the carrying. Face type,am the chatty type,in fact I see is as mi duty to make everyone happy.but when mi hubby starts that silence thing,it can go on for weeks and the good is that is when I collect all the money I can get from him ! I just make good things out of bad situation.the guy will be carrying face so I will just send text,we need so and so cos he does not want to talk he will just drop the money unlike when we are talking he will give million reason why I should wait or I give million reasons why I need the money so now I look forward to the malice,more money for me,less stress for me grin

The money part really had me laughing. The way you described your husband, had me thinking if devour129 is not my wife..lol
Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by Youngpo413: 2:32pm On May 23, 2013
ThoniaSlim: There is a difference between silent treatment and calming down when you are angry so no need to confuse the two. Silent treatment killed whatever love I had for a particular ex. Just couldn't tolerate it anymore.

When you take a couple of minutes to hours to calm down, then that's acceptable. But when you continuously ignore your partner for a day to a couple of days or weeks, then that's just being wicked! Especially when you know the person is trying to apologize or talk you. I think silent treatment is a form of emotional abuse and it messes with the mind of the person trying to get your attention.

Majority of the people who give the silent treatment do not do so to calm down their anger, they do it to exercise some form of control over their partners. No matter how they might deny this, it makes them feel good because they feel they in control and that's the truth.

Very true,also its an opportunity to cheat,that is an opportunity to fvck those her big-assed friends,anyway, that was by then sha...............
well, silent treatment is good sometimes, but its a relationship killer,it makes both parties to believe that they can do without each other and it leads to break-ups.
Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by Nobody: 2:43pm On May 23, 2013
Am loquacious when am around Pple who are dear to me.So you can imagine me being silent the whole of the day...not a good thing to those who know me cos its either am so so sad,have a lot or my mind OR plotting something bad.At this point,my bf wud be restless..not good.Not good at all.

1 Like

Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by Nobody: 4:30pm On Jul 18, 2013
pls i have a girlfriend who is giving me the silent treatment does not pick my calls?
but interestingly she sent me a birthday SMS. But she still doesn't pick my calls. I tried to speak with her but she just replies with a Hi and does not want to talk more.
We had an argument when i accused her of cheating when i discovered she was talking to a guy she met in her workplace she said they were just friends but i wasn't convinced so i told her to limit the times she calls him, if she sees him as a friend that if the guy has a gf she would not be comfortable with the calls so out of annoyance she said she would call the guy to give the guy a piece of her mind and i noticed that she has not communicated with the guy but one consequence is that she gives me the silent treatment. But i don't understand why send me a birthday message when you don't want to talk to me and when we bump into each other you just mutter a hello and move on quickly guys what do i do as am already pissed off at the attitude.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Silly Things Guys Do / What Were The Most Hurtful Words You Received From Someone You Love? / Old Couple Melt Hearts With This Lovely Engagement Photo Of Theirs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.