Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,559 members, 7,812,815 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:47 PM

Northern Senators Meet Over Igbo Domination In Army - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northern Senators Meet Over Igbo Domination In Army (42816 Views)

PDP Senators Meet Over Amaechi, Others’ Confirmation: Nation / Motion: 22 APC Northern Senators ‘working Against Buhari’ / Ndiigbo, Her Non-igbo Eastern Neighbors And The Myth Of Igbo Domination (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Northern Senators Meet Over Igbo Domination In Army by Hardfact: 12:03am On Feb 05, 2013
olufunmibi: Most of you guys on nairaland politics section are so infantile in your reasoning and many of your posts betray sound use of logic, I hope Seun and those Mods in charge of this politics section know that there is an Emergency in Nairaland politics section. This online space has turned to an online beer palour where people vomit thrash and revel in stupid ethnic sentiments instead of addressing the merit of issues. Nairaland Politics was not like this when I started visiting in 2006! Moderators! Please do something on time.
Bros, that shouldnt stop you still saying something about the topic. It's an open forum, at least you can still share your views.

1 Like

Re: Northern Senators Meet Over Igbo Domination In Army by DuduNegro: 12:04am On Feb 05, 2013
gerald09: Ѿε̲̣̣̣̥ need the full fact, if there is a little bit of truth in dis let the yorubas, the ijaws,the tiv, the and the rest of the Nigerian recognised tribes complain too then Ѿε̲̣̣̣̥ can make our judgments. Y would the northerner fink they are the only 1s that are being biased against if they where not the 1s that started it. No one has the ryt to change anytin until the rest of Nigerian tribes complain.

yoruba has erected a political enclave in the west. our involvement in nigeria is economic. we see far beyond what most other groups can perceive in the demise of nigeria. we will assert our place and right for number representation.......but thats all it is, numbers! we will even aspire to the high office....but again, our seat of culture and conscience is firmly in yorubalamd. Yorubaland is older, greater and far more valuable to us than Nigeria is. We will die for Yorubaland but we will contest for Nigeria and what it offers.

6 Likes

Re: Northern Senators Meet Over Igbo Domination In Army by Jeflox: 12:05am On Feb 05, 2013
these northeners are always problematic.....tufiakwa. who born them sef. nawa o
Re: Northern Senators Meet Over Igbo Domination In Army by VirginFinder: 12:06am On Feb 05, 2013
I just discovered this thread is crawling because it's not Yoruba senators that held the meeting.

I've 'said' it severally and I'll repeat yet again - Igbos can dominate the armed forces for all I care.

However, my own concern is that they are prevented by any means possible from clinching the presidency.

Igbos need to have the right check and balance carried out on them by a non Igbo at the helm of affairs from time to time.

For now, let the north cry from today till eternity. An end has come to their domnation.
It's no longer business as usual.

Also, I would vote GEJ 1000000 times should he be the lone major southerner in the presidential race.

Igbo kwenu!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Northern Senators Meet Over Igbo Domination In Army by Nobody: 12:06am On Feb 05, 2013
obailala: Isn't it just strange that of all regions, the NORTH is complaining of another region dominating the army?

Would the North possibly ever lose its dominance of the Nigerian army even in the next 50 years?

Did any soul raise an eyebrow for the past 40 years when the North controlled the military and the oil industry (the 2 greatest cash reserves of the nation)?

The most annoying and debilitating aspect of this issue is that the Southerners would rather fight each other foolishly (Yoruba vs Igbo, South South vs South east, Ijaw vs Itsekiri etc) instead of coming together and identifying their common rivals. The battles we see everyday on Nairaland is just a true reflection of our society.
my brother walahi it is BRUTALLY ANNOYING
Re: Northern Senators Meet Over Igbo Domination In Army by Edwinejembi: 12:09am On Feb 05, 2013
My people will said, the man who always killed with sword will always raise alarm when a knif is sharping hundred kilometers away from him. This useless people has ruled this country many times and no body complain, instead of thinking of how to be productive they are more worried about ruling, this people are the problems of this country. LAZY FOOLS.

1 Like

Re: Northern Senators Meet Over Igbo Domination In Army by HAH: 12:09am On Feb 05, 2013
Never trust an igbo man in anything and that is why they will never Rule Nigeria.

They are given a position for first time in 45 years and they are coming with same antecedent that led to their denial.
Re: Northern Senators Meet Over Igbo Domination In Army by COOLDUN: 12:09am On Feb 05, 2013
HAH:

Bigot for your information all appointment in govt must follow the federal character constitutionally and it is wrong for one part to dominate others

I have worked closely with the nigerian army and believe me Igbo are among the minority not because they are not recruited but because they want to make money quickly and in the military you must pay your due

One thing I notice about this Jonathan government is the deliberate marginalization of the south west in every sector, it seems the highest office holder from south west is the minister of Agriculture

And the reason why must people see the north as dominating is because the north sees itself as one but in the south everyone Identifies with his tribe and there is nothing like one south that is why jonathan will marginalise the Yorubas.

You are a bloody liar, from your English i can see that you were the Chief of Army Staff, now Igbos are in the army for money making right? You are a deadly bigot. If GEJ, is marginalizing your people as you lied then think of when your people were in the government. Must you bring tribalism in any topic? just check your comment and see that you are the only person that is supporting this evil and irrelevant complain from this dead wood cleric,i pray that hence you love and support evil it will always be your portion. If they like let them sack all the Igbos in the military it will never change anything about this country.

If you are conversant with all the happenings in the Nigeria military, why have you been keeping quiet till now, this Terrorist brought the matter out? what is the business of a bloody civilian illiterate islamic cleric with the military set up in the country? That i do not like the GEJ' administrative methods does not mean that i will buy this trash from you.

Wait for 2015 so that your political party will win the election, then you can order for the execution of all the Igbo military personnel so that you can be happy.NASTY BIGOT like you.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Senators Meet Over Igbo Domination In Army by REVOLUTNIS: 12:09am On Feb 05, 2013
Nigerian Army has always bn Igboman's birthright b4 the war taking it back wont be a crime

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Senators Meet Over Igbo Domination In Army by AK481(m): 12:10am On Feb 05, 2013
big mo:
Ode osi! The 1994 set of supereagles is the best set of eagles ever assembled together, and also the best in Africa at any point in time. Yet this set of eagles was å fine blend of players from all the regions of the country.
unfortunate immbecile and product of a leaked comdom(dont b offended)

was dat 1994 team based on merit or ethnocentric?
Re: Northern Senators Meet Over Igbo Domination In Army by slimfit1(m): 12:17am On Feb 05, 2013
I like Hausa people they have short memory. They have forgotten the time they wanted to kill all the Yoruba soldiers starting from Diya and the time they park all the positions available. We need to break up this people are not ready to be united there is no point to continue this union.

2 Likes

Re: Northern Senators Meet Over Igbo Domination In Army by Policewoman(f): 12:18am On Feb 05, 2013
HAH: Never trust an igbo man in anything and that is why they will never Rule Nigeria.

They are given a position for first time in 45 years and they are coming with same antecedent that led to their denial.
Come this man, are u Yoruba or Hausa? Identify yourseld first before exposing your low IQ'd brain here.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Senators Meet Over Igbo Domination In Army by cnwamo(m): 12:18am On Feb 05, 2013
YOU OBVIOUSLY NEED PSYCHIATRIC EVALUATION

Virgin Finder: I just discovered this thread is crawling because it's not Yoruba senators that held the meeting.

I've 'said' it severally and I'll repeat yet again - Igbos can dominate the armed forces for all I care.

However, my own concern is that they are prevented by any means possible from clinching the presidency.

Igbos need to have the right check and balance carried out on them by a non Igbo at the helm of affairs from time to time.

For now, let the north cry from today till eternity. An end has come to their domnation.
It's no longer business as usual.

Also, I would vote GEJ 1000000 times should he be the lone major southerner in the presidential raise.

Igbo kwenu!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Northern Senators Meet Over Igbo Domination In Army by COOLDUN: 12:20am On Feb 05, 2013
big mo:
Ode osi! The 1994 set of supereagles is the best set of eagles ever assembled together, and also the best in Africa at any point in time. Yet this set of eagles was å fine blend of players from all the regions of the country.

Then we had no hausa man,few yorubas and majority Igbos, it doesn't mean that one tribe will dominate the team if there are other good players from other tribes. 1985 Golden Eaglet the best Eaglets ever assembled was dominated by the Edo formerly Bendel state, with only an Igbo boy Chukwuma Nwoha, and 2 or 3 yorubas, Babatunde Joseph, Fatai Atere,still they won the first World cup for Africa/Nigeria,their victory was celebrated in the whole Africa and not only in Nigeria, no one gave the victory to the Bendel state then, but since we began to complain of Federal and state Characters where are we today? i believe in, let the best qualified be given the position and not best favored.

1 Like

Re: Northern Senators Meet Over Igbo Domination In Army by Nobody: 12:22am On Feb 05, 2013
i have said it and continue to say that nigerians passionately hate themselves. THAT it IS soo intense that it can make VOLCANO SPontaneously BOIL to the point of ERUPTION
Re: Northern Senators Meet Over Igbo Domination In Army by aurenflani: 12:23am On Feb 05, 2013
Dalu uzor: after my secondary school days, i wanted to join d army but a friend said to me "except u r of northern origin, dont waste ur tym" i really tuk dis serious because av neva seen an igbo military officer, most of d military men dat av seen r frm d north and dey dont speak english. so i proceded to the university. The present COAS is a big surprise to me, being of d igbo tribe. The past COASs av neva been frm d SE, and d northerners av held dis position for ova 40yrs, so y r they sreeming BLUE MURDER? Bunch of peacocks!
You may say anything but you cannot convinced the learned. Ask your senior brothers/sisters. They will undoubtedly tell you the number of Igbo MILADS governing the north during the Abacha and Abdulsalam regimes. I do not know if you have finished school then but investigate.
Re: Northern Senators Meet Over Igbo Domination In Army by lacasa: 12:23am On Feb 05, 2013
Clerverly:
This kind post coming from you Lacasa. No hope again in Nigeria angry angry angry angry

i've understood Nairaland is Propelled by idiosyncrasy & ethnic epithet, so, since dey dnt want reason & prefer bashing on threads, then, let me show 'em Ђδω itz done

#it ain't ma fault bro lipsrsealed
Re: Northern Senators Meet Over Igbo Domination In Army by princemaicheal: 12:29am On Feb 05, 2013
braine: Are they sure about their claims?? I thought the Abokis dominated.. Every Army man I've met is an aboki. So how come??
You need to see my Aboki inside(2)i spend alot of cash oooo
Re: Northern Senators Meet Over Igbo Domination In Army by Chyz2: 12:32am On Feb 05, 2013
The Yoruba press again. For the pass couple weeks yorubas have been writing news articles trying to ignite tension between igbos and hausas. funny pepple

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Senators Meet Over Igbo Domination In Army by brown3: 12:35am On Feb 05, 2013
big mo:
mr. Man check the 94 SE squard list again ibo has 50percent of players. Ibos has alway been dominating the Nigeria football, no who is the coach. i dont see why some people see this as bias or tribalistic. U always go to war with ur best weapon.
Re: Northern Senators Meet Over Igbo Domination In Army by Nobody: 12:37am On Feb 05, 2013
THERE WILL BE NO NIGERIA IN 2015

President jonny: 'General please fill up all the sensitive positions in the military with your trusted men that will be loyal to you when it matters most.

General Ihejirika: consider it done sir (filled position with ibo officers).

President jonny: its all about 2015. I will be contesting and you know these abokis up north is desperate for power. They want to dislodge me at all cost.

General ihejirika: I know sir. Boko Haram is a ploy by them to negotiate power but I am presently crushing them.

President jonny: I appreciate your effort. Just get your men ready, should anything happen to me or I am in any way denied the presidency, taking over power won't be a big deal for you, will it?

General ihejirika: not at all Sir. I got it figured out.

President jonny: Good and watch your back. Don't complain I did not bring you this far and your people will never forgive you.

General Ihejirika: thank you sir.

This dialogue between our president and the Army chief took place in my dreams.

There will be no 2015 for the northerner to continue their federal character

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Senators Meet Over Igbo Domination In Army by mimifonwon(f): 12:40am On Feb 05, 2013
Ejiné: After Sheikh Gumi's Warning: Northern Senators Meet Over Igbo Domination In Army

www.naijapundit.com/news/aftermath-of-gumi-s-warning-northern-senators-meet-over-igbo-domination-in-army

Hmmm no say i no tell una, is it me or are the northners trying to use style to start another igbo cleansing? They better check themselves, who stopped them from going to school and entering the army? is it the igbos fault they take up opportunity where they find it? I hope they dont start another warooo, cuz this time we know who go win, because just because a snake is silent doesnt mean it doesnt carry a powerful killing bite. Let the northern leaders warn their tribesmen, stop being so tribalistic and let nigeria progress, whether it is the igbo or yoruba leading the way, we dont care, the fact is, it is they are nigerians trying to better nigerians. This is 2013 and this tribalistic ish needs to take a bow already, ahah, just cause a man slaps his wife and she doesnt retaliate the first time, doesnt mean she has not taken time to plan his demise, so my northern people, dont start this craziness again oooo, the anger from the last war is still simmering. I don tell una!! Advise is good for the wise. Let us try to live in peace.Wazobia all day smiley. These islamic cleriks shoulld be careful what they tell these young minds, because i have a feeling that these northern youths will do whatever the clerik tells them to do. So educated northern leaders, talk to your youths ooo, for your sake, and mine and nigerias.
Re: Northern Senators Meet Over Igbo Domination In Army by Nobody: 12:40am On Feb 05, 2013
onlytruth:
Ihejirika must be FULLY ALERT about all these noise and meetings. He must begin action NOW to ensure that nobody makes any move that will negatively affect Igbo safety in Nigeria. We have seen these before and we must not allow the same wild stick to pluck our remaining eye.

There is a need for immediate balance of weapons and army personnel among the three regions.
If such balance is not possible, then there is a need for a FOREIGN force to enter Nigeria and stay there until the country is divided.

What are u afraid of brother; that should there be another civil war your side would loose again?
Re: Northern Senators Meet Over Igbo Domination In Army by kingcobra1(m): 12:43am On Feb 05, 2013
Y cnt dis pple just publish evry oda command n let's see who n who calls d shot der...publishing d commands d Igbos were in charge is to me being mischievous.....

1 Like

Re: Northern Senators Meet Over Igbo Domination In Army by pchax: 12:51am On Feb 05, 2013
The phrase "ONE NIGERIA" is nothing but a myth.
Re: Northern Senators Meet Over Igbo Domination In Army by REVOLUTNIS: 12:52am On Feb 05, 2013
IGBOS will rule and dominate not just Nigeria the world, black race and the market place

2 Likes

Re: Northern Senators Meet Over Igbo Domination In Army by newmaonza: 12:59am On Feb 05, 2013
pchax: The phrase "ONE NIGERIA" is nothing but a myth.
So also the Phrase "One Yoruba", "One Igbo"............... Itz really a divided House

2 Likes

Re: Northern Senators Meet Over Igbo Domination In Army by heisenberg33: 1:04am On Feb 05, 2013
HAH: Never trust an igbo man in anything and that is why they will never Rule Nigeria.

I have been following your post and resisted the urge to comment but couldn't..........From your comments, you sound like a fool and i know you must be 1

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Senators Meet Over Igbo Domination In Army by Teebooi: 1:18am On Feb 05, 2013
These northerners and their sentiments. May God help this country
Re: Northern Senators Meet Over Igbo Domination In Army by naijaking1: 1:25am On Feb 05, 2013
So now, does any body really believe that adding 4 Igbo officers to the 35 corp of officers recently promoted will stop river Niger from flowing to the ocean

1 Like

Re: Northern Senators Meet Over Igbo Domination In Army by OgidiBoy(m): 1:29am On Feb 05, 2013
If Igbos are such problematic people, why don't the rest of Nigeria just kick them out. Yorubas are complaining Igbos are taking over Lagos,

Immigration Department and the Super Eagles. Now the North says Igbos are taking over the Army. If Nigeria had only let Biafra be in the first

place, they won't be having this problem.

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Buba Marwa: Retired Officers Behind Soldiers In Battlefield / 2023: Is This JJ Omojuwa Tweet About Tinubu Accurate? / Masquerades Enforce Sit-At-Home Order In Nsukka Despite Suspension

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.