Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,520 members, 7,816,263 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:26 AM

I Need Sincere Answers - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Need Sincere Answers (4555 Views)

. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Need Sincere Answers by SisiKill1: 6:52pm On Feb 04, 2013
ileobatojo:

I think he's just fixing to get this thread to 20 pages.

Lol!! You sound like those southern women...Fixing! cheesy cheesy
Re: I Need Sincere Answers by troubledSoul: 6:53pm On Feb 04, 2013
thanks@jenny, jidegirl, slimchi, ile......
Re: I Need Sincere Answers by dayokanu(m): 6:56pm On Feb 04, 2013
jennykadry: Dayo we say that when a woman's life is in danger and not the other way round. It's different when its just a mere argument btw husband and wife

A mere argument might be what Titilayo Arowolo might be thinking she was getting into.

Some type of argument when they are recurring every single day can threaten your sanity.

If they are arguing and one party is threatening the other with harm e.g " One day I would just poison you" " One day I would kill you and kill myself" One day I would call police for you and have you locked up in jail"

Those might be considered by one party as I didnt mean it or it was in the heat of the moment. When the did happens wetin we wan yarn
Re: I Need Sincere Answers by dayokanu(m): 6:59pm On Feb 04, 2013
troubledSoul:

yea i have kids, 4 n 2 yrs
i do compare him, i love his family n some how love mine
we do have hot quarel but once in a while.
we both tell eachother wat we want to see in the marriage n wat we dont want aswell.

Some people no just like wahala at all Men in particular. If I come from work where I get stressed everytime and welcomed to a hot quarrel with some dose of threats injected into it 3 times a week I might utter the same thing
Re: I Need Sincere Answers by troubledSoul: 6:59pm On Feb 04, 2013
Vikin: You just need your financial independence and everything will change.

He is getting pissed off since he does almost everything at home, I mean financially! While you sit and demand, demand ....

Keep ur head high and make reasons for him to see your worth.

I believe you are special in some ways, let him know that!

Wish u well

i once tld him i need a job wit my ond or i do biz but he said i shud focus on my studiies dat he is nt complaining. that he can take care of me n my needs.
Re: I Need Sincere Answers by SisiKill1: 6:59pm On Feb 04, 2013
I think he is just using that phrase to keep her in line....bluffing if you will.

Like someone already said, he doesn't think she can survive without him. So he reminds her how easy it will be for him to leave...in case she doesn't know or has forgotten.
Re: I Need Sincere Answers by Nobody: 7:01pm On Feb 04, 2013
Couples argue. Arguing is part of a relationship, titi was being panel beated by her husband daily, she would tell her parents about it and each time they sent her back to make the marriage work. This is where the OP has to draw the line and call him bluff. Treat his BS. If he does not want to be in the marriage let him come out and say it already. As far as I am concerned he has spoken his mind on what he wants and it is left for her to make the decision. All I am telling her to do is, learn to stand up for herself and not let this man steal her joy
Re: I Need Sincere Answers by Nobody: 7:03pm On Feb 04, 2013
Sisi_Kill: I think he is just using that phrase to keep her in line....bluffing if you will.

Like someone already said, he doesn't think she can survive without him. So he reminds her how easy it will be for him to leave...in case she doesn't know or has forgotten.
Thank you. He is using his financial power to intimidate her. He still takes care of her but has a weird way of doing it, like buying her a car in his name etc.
Re: I Need Sincere Answers by Nobody: 7:03pm On Feb 04, 2013
troubledSoul:

i once tld him i need a job wit my ond or i do biz but he said i shud focus on my studiies dat he is nt complaining. that he can take care of me n my needs.
Insist on getting a job. Talk to himAbout it
Re: I Need Sincere Answers by greatgod2012(f): 7:03pm On Feb 04, 2013
@op,Sincerely, you got it all wrong from d beginning, i dont encourage women who are jobless to get married b4 getting married. 90% of d men we have nowadays prefer working class ladies, so that they wouldnot be shouldered with all d financial responsibilities of d family. Your hubby is worked up because he sees himself as too burdened with almost all d financial responsibilities in d family and you are d closest person he can transfer that aggression to. Find a way of being financially independent, and you will be surprised how things will fall back in their rightful places.
May God help us all.

Sorry for sounding too harsh on you, i told you what i could have told my sister if hes d one in your situation.
Goodluck.
Re: I Need Sincere Answers by dayokanu(m): 7:04pm On Feb 04, 2013
jennykadry:

How much longer have you got to go with studies? You need your independence first off and secondly, who buys his wife a car in his name? I don't get it.

It depends on the circumstance.I want to buy a car from my wife, Zenith Banks comes to offer a car loan for people working in my job where we pay over 4yrs.

Would Zenith bank allow me to put the car in my wifes name? No they would want it in my name so they can hold me responsible if I default,

No Bank would give such loans with The car title in wifes name
Re: I Need Sincere Answers by Peterwins(m): 7:06pm On Feb 04, 2013
troubledSoul:

we've been married for four years nw and i must say dta wat my instincts tells me or rather his attitude towards me is dat he really dont care.
but i pause for a moment, he bought a car for me(not in my name) which i use, n he is also sponsoring my education. so thats why am confused, is he doing all these for nothing

You seem to be the one making it a do or die affair. You need to be very patient. Your comment, "he bought a car for me (not in my name)" speaks volumes of your personalty. I wanted to ignore this thread but when I read this comment I felt bad because he may have registered it in his name as an oversight. What if the car was bought on hire-purchase, yet you are screaming blue murder for a kind gesture. You need to check yourself. Concentrate on finishing your education and start earning an income for yourself even before you graduate. Your husband needs your support and not your unwarranted criticism. Have a good day.

1 Like

Re: I Need Sincere Answers by dayokanu(m): 7:06pm On Feb 04, 2013
jennykadry: Couples argue. Arguing is part of a relationship, titi was being panel beated by her husband daily, she would tell her parents about it and each time they sent her back to make the marriage work.

It was some level of argument that must have led to the panel beating abi?

There are arguments and there are argument. I want Egusi you want Okro are arguments too.

And also the type that takes life are also arguments

I can manage the Egusi vs Okro argument but when argument are bordering on safety then its a valid statement to make
Re: I Need Sincere Answers by Nobody: 7:07pm On Feb 04, 2013
dayokanu:

It depends on the circumstance.I want to buy a car from my wife, Zenith Banks comes to offer a car loan for people working in my job where we pay over 4yrs.

Would Zenith bank allow me to put the car in my wifes name? No they would want it in my name so they can hold me responsible if I default,

No Bank would give such loans with The car title in wifes name

Story. Their are other things he could use as collateral. If. You want to buy me a gift do so with my name.

@Op
Dd he buy the car with a loan?
Re: I Need Sincere Answers by SisiKill1: 7:07pm On Feb 04, 2013
troubledSoul:

Dayokanu. . .will you call a woman like this lazy?!

jennykadry:
Thank you. He is using his financial power to intimidate her. He still takes care of her but has a weird way of doing it, like buying her a car in his name etc.

Absolutely!!
Re: I Need Sincere Answers by Nobody: 7:08pm On Feb 04, 2013
Sisi_Kill:

Lol!! You sound like those southern women...Fixing! cheesy cheesy

Lols. grin grin

troubledSoul: thanks@jenny, jidegirl, slimchi, ile......

kiss
Re: I Need Sincere Answers by Nobody: 7:09pm On Feb 04, 2013
Lmao. Let me tell you dayo that I Have had heated arguments with my husband over the years. Serious ones. cool
Re: I Need Sincere Answers by Nobody: 7:11pm On Feb 04, 2013
troubledSoul:

That's what they always say, after they start whining like little babies, sorry to burst your bubbles, insist on getting a job on your own.

How do you feel asking for money for everything...feeding, money for fuel, fish to make jellof rice etc. even if you earn 30k, it's something...

After your studies, go get a job, dress very smart and classy-sexy to work, let see if he will tell you marriage is not a do or die affair. (Even if na 25k you collect as salary)

1 Like

Re: I Need Sincere Answers by Nobody: 7:11pm On Feb 04, 2013
Dayo are you sure you're a man? grin okra vs egusi vs Ekaete grin grin

I was actually hoping you'd focus on OP's financial dependence as usual.
Re: I Need Sincere Answers by troubledSoul: 7:12pm On Feb 04, 2013
greatgod2012: @op,Sincerely, you got it all wrong from d beginning, i dont encourage women who are jobless to get married b4 getting married. 90% of d men we have nowadays prefer working class ladies, so that they wouldnot be shouldered with all d financial responsibilities of d family. Your hubby is worked up because he sees himself as too burdened with almost all d financial responsibilities in d family and you are d closest person he can transfer that aggression to. Find a way of being financially independent, and you will be surprised how things will fall back in their rightful places.
May God help us all.

Sorry for sounding too harsh on you, i told you what i could have told my sister if hes d one in your situation.
Goodluck.

i was working b4 we got married then i took in n was seriously sick n my company been a private once dropped me n after giving birth my hubby has refused me looking for job. saying he doesnt want me to work.
Re: I Need Sincere Answers by coogar: 7:14pm On Feb 04, 2013
jennykadry:

in whose name should he have bought the car? if we reverse the roles, would the poster have bought a car in her husband's name? i don't think so. in all honesty, the poster is just hair-splitting. what the husband said is valid and it applies to both parties. either of them is allowed to walk out of the marriage if they feel choked.

1 Like

Re: I Need Sincere Answers by Nobody: 7:15pm On Feb 04, 2013
Vikin:

That's what they always say, after they start whining like little babies, sorry to burst your bubbles, insist on getting a job on your own.

How do you feel asking for money for everything...feeding, money for fuel, fish to make jellof rice etc. even if you earn 30k, it's something...

After your studies, go get a job, dress very smart and classy-sexy to work, let see if he will tell you marriage is not a do or die affair. (Even if na 25k you collect as salary)

Like sisi don talk... the man just dey shakara am that's all... And OP herself is not innocent with her blade mouth too. grin
Re: I Need Sincere Answers by Nobody: 7:17pm On Feb 04, 2013
coogar:

in whose name should he have bought the car? if we reverse the roles, would the poster have bough a car in her husband's name? i don't think so. in all honesty, the poster is just hair-splitting. what the husband said is valid and it applies to both parties. either of them is allowed to walk out of the marriage if they feel choked.

I would buy a car in my husbands name., I see absolutely nothing wrong with that. If its a family car then it does not matter on whose name he bought it in but when it is a gift for his wife,I would expect him to do the right thing.
Re: I Need Sincere Answers by troubledSoul: 7:17pm On Feb 04, 2013
jennykadry:

Story. Their are other things he could use as collateral. If. You want to buy me a gift do so with my name.

@Op
Dd he buy the car with a loan?

No he paid cash shipping inclusive.
Re: I Need Sincere Answers by Nobody: 7:18pm On Feb 04, 2013
troubledSoul:

No he paid cash shipping inclusive.

My oh my I rest my case shocked shocked .i knew a man who is insisting on his wife not working is capable of taking care of her
Re: I Need Sincere Answers by dayokanu(m): 7:20pm On Feb 04, 2013
jennykadry: Story. Their are other things he could use as collateral. If. You want to buy me a gift do so with my name.

The collateral is the husbands name on the job.

The wife most likely might not even know the details of the car purchase, She has a car to drive fine. Would she know the little details that went behind the scene, WHo the guy borrow from and who he didnt?
Re: I Need Sincere Answers by coogar: 7:20pm On Feb 04, 2013
jennykadry:
I would buy a car in my husbands name., I see absolutely nothing wrong with that. If its a family car then it does not matter on whose name he bought it in but when it is a gift for his wife,I would expect him to do the right thing.

that's you......would the op buy a car in her husband's name?
men are not dumb - they do stuff for their partners only if they are convinced their partners would have done the same if the roles are reversed. if your man suddenly comes home and presents you with the keys of a bugatti veyron - he must have concluded you would do the same for him if you have such money in your purse.
Re: I Need Sincere Answers by Nobody: 7:22pm On Feb 04, 2013
jidegirl12:

Like sisi don talk... the man just dey shakara am that's all... And OP herself is not innocent with her blade mouth too. grin
Am sure the OP mouth too sharp cheesy.

But she has to re-evaluate her self worth.

Hubby is also telling me to relax, when the baby arrive he will take care, start up business blah blah blah....until i see the cash deposit for my account, am going back to work. I need to feed my eyes on recent happenings around me Jare. Not sit at home and watch the world pass me by!

Life is short my dear

1 Like

Re: I Need Sincere Answers by dayokanu(m): 7:22pm On Feb 04, 2013
troubledSoul:

i was working b4 we got married then i took in n was seriously sick n my company been a private once dropped me n after giving birth my hubby has refused me looking for job. saying he doesnt want me to work.

Is this man not caring enough, He saw his wife was sick and stressed from working a low paying job and he offered to pick bills till she finished her education and possibly get a better and less stressful job

What else should he have done to qualify as a REAL MAN?

1 Like

Re: I Need Sincere Answers by Nobody: 7:23pm On Feb 04, 2013
coogar:

that's you......would the op buy a car in her husband's name?
men are not dumb - they do stuff for their partners only if they are convinced their partners would have done the same if the roles are reversed. if your man suddenly comes home and presents you with the keys of a bugatti veyron - he must have concluded you would do the same for him if you have such money in your purse.

Why only do things you know your partner would do for you? Is that what marriage is all about?
Re: I Need Sincere Answers by troubledSoul: 7:23pm On Feb 04, 2013
dayokanu:

The collateral is the husbands name on the job.

The wife most likely might not even know the details of the car purchase, She has a car to drive fine. Would she know the little details that went behind the scene, WHo the guy borrow from and who he didnt?

i know everything about the purchase of the car, infact am the one dat made the choice tru internet. he didnt borrow money to buy the car..
Re: I Need Sincere Answers by greatgod2012(f): 7:24pm On Feb 04, 2013
troubledSoul:

awwww, sorry about that, but you know men, most of them are egostic, let him realise that he is using those words to intimidate you because of his financial status and how he stopped you from working, which is why it seems you are not contributing financially to d family. Now, that things seems to be like this, insist on getting a job, use your money to take care of yourself, always look sexy, attractive and appealing, then, we shall see if he will say that "marriage no be do or die" statement again.
Sorry, it is well with you, may God guide you and give you d neccesary wisdom required in your marriage.
Shalom!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Can A Woman That Hate Sex Make A Good Wife? / What's The Cause Of High Divorce Rate Among Nigerian Nurses In USA? / All What Your Mother Had And You Don't

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.