Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,935 members, 7,817,727 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:05 PM

Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 - Business (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 (1003096 Views)

Do It Yourself Importation Business Reviews/testimonies / Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 3 - Payment, Shipping & Marketing / Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (635) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Nobody: 8:50am On Feb 14, 2013
Toninet:

The gold plated ones are of a higher quality than the aboki cheap ones. They are durable and do not fade or "wash" easily. The aboki cheap jewelries are called costume. They are metals or plastics just painted with gold or silver colour as the case may be. The real gold plated are metals actually coated with real gold.
Hope you got my explanation.
Info: From my market research, most abokis are not conversant jewelries from Asia. They deal with jewelries from dubai. They might be skeptical about buying from you so you need to really talk and convince them about it but that's business. Please relate your experience from your market research here.

Where do you reside?
in terms of price, how much is d list amt u advice one 2sell?
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Wizeboy(m): 9:21am On Feb 14, 2013
mikelreal: in terms of price, how much is d list amt u advice one 2sell?

Make sure you look at the jewelries you want to order from aliexpress very well before going into it, because:

Firstly, most of their pendants and earrings are always too small and look childish. If you are to buy jewelry set make sure, if possible look for the ones they show you the measurement of the pendants (so that you too can take your ruler with pencil to draw such measurement on paper to see how big it is). Those big pendants and earrings you see there are just photo zooming (this is based on my experience).

Secondly, most of the gold-plated jewelries from aliexpress are too bright which made people to believe that it will wash too quickly, thereby having doubt about the product.

Thirdly, make sure if you are going for gold-plate jewelry sets, look for the one within the price range of $3 to $4 because they wouldnt buy it more than (N1,000 to N1,500) from you in Nigeria. If you go for the jewelry sets of $8 or $10 dont be surprise they will still be pricing it within that range (1k to 1.5k) because jewelry sets in the Nigeria markets are now been sold at that price.

If you are to go for jewelries, I will advice you to order PENDANTS AND EARRINGS as those ones normally comes in bigger sizes and they sell well than jewelry sets. And don't tell people you import from China because even if its quality, they will price it the way you didnt like (they believe China products are fake and also cheap).

Finally, do your market survey well before going into it (don't just go into it because everybody is doing it), so that you wouldnt get your finger burnt.

That is what I have discover so far, since I started the jewelry business. I wish you success in the business.

11 Likes

Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Nobody: 9:32am On Feb 14, 2013
Wizeboy:

Make sure you look at the jewelries you want to order from aliexpress very well before going into it, because:

Firstly, most of their pendants and earrings are always too small and look childish. If you are to buy jewelry set make sure, if possible look for the ones they show you the measurement of the pendants (so that you too can take your ruler with pencil to draw such measurement on paper to see how big it is). Those big pendants and earrings you see there are just photo zooming (this is based on my experience).

Secondly, most of the gold-plated jewelries from aliexpress are too bright which made people to believe that it will wash too quickly, thereby having doubt about the product.

Thirdly, make sure if you are going for gold-plate jewelry sets, look for the one within the price range of $3 to $4 because they wouldnt buy it more than (N1,000 to N1,500) from you in Nigeria. If you go for the jewelry sets of $8 or $10 dont be surprise they will still be pricing it within that range (1k to 1.5k) because jewelry sets in the Nigeria markets are now been sold at that price.

If you are to go for jewelries, I will advice you to order PENDANTS AND EARRINGS as those ones normally comes in bigger sizes and they sell well than jewelry sets. And don't tell people you import from China because even if its quality, they will price it the way you didnt like (they believe China products are fake and also cheap).

Finally, do your market survey well before going into it (don't just go into it because everybody is doing it), so that you wouldnt get your finger burnt.

That is what I have discover so far, since I started the jewelry business. I wish you success in the business.
thanks, if you'd don't mind, can u place a link to your favourite store?
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by yinkawunmi(f): 10:04am On Feb 14, 2013
ezstino: I intend to use chrisvicmall for my first order on aliexpress. i have interest on brazillian hair which i have seen on aliexpress, pls where and how do i get the link for the product which i 'll send to chrisvicmall.

hi, pls i found some stuff dat am intrested in on aliexpress, but the shiping rate is quite expensive, is it possible for me to to ship them to nigeria without free of charge or get any cheaper and geinue means. pls your response will be highly appreicated .
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Wizeboy(m): 10:09am On Feb 14, 2013
mikelreal: thanks, if you'd don't mind, can u place a link to your favourite store?

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/914332

Thats my favourite store because they delivered my order to Chrisvicmall within 24 hours.

Make sure you look at the jewelry you are ordering well and if possible show it to some of your prospective customer to tell you their opinion on it.

What I normally do, is to download the picture of the jewelry on my BB and start showing girls to seek their opinion and the kind of price it might worth if imported.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Nobody: 10:22am On Feb 14, 2013
Wizeboy:

Thats my favourite store because they delivered my order to Chrisvicmall within 24 hours.

Make sure you look at the jewelry you are ordering well and if possible show it to some of your prospective customer to tell you their opinion on it.

What I normally do, is to download the picture of the jewelry on my BB and start showing girls to seek their opinion and the kind of price it might worth if imported.
yh true already did that yesterday, the price I got was between 3k-5k. Lemme check ur store, tnx.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by wisemanj(m): 10:31am On Feb 14, 2013
wizboy@ u are right, and also dont buy rose colur silver and yellow colur are ok
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by rapmike(m): 1:30pm On Feb 14, 2013
please hlep me. i want to start importation bizness. i did not even know that such a thread is here. please how much is the least amount i can use and what online websites can i use
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by crystads(f): 1:46pm On Feb 14, 2013
Wow!!! So gud to be here but firstly I must appreciate d op of dis 1daful tread & everyone of u dat has contributed immensely to d continuity/success of dis life changing tread 'cos i've been following it silently since season 1 & must say u guys are fantastic.

My question @ chemashie, 2sexy & all is dat how possible is it for me 2 pay Chrisvicmall online with my ATM card without necessarily going to diamond bank to pay in? sori i shouldn't be asking you guys dis kind of a question if Elena/Victor had been replying to their mails in time. Thank y'all!
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by LadyWinona: 3:43pm On Feb 14, 2013
Okay, I've been following this thread quietly for some time now but for some reason I've been unable to find the courage to import something. First of all, I think chrisvicmall charges are way too exorbitant that at the end of the day, I'm barely making any profit but that's not why I'm here.
I'm here to contribute to this thread and pass on some info that I saw yesterday that can help anyone import goods at almost 1/10th of the price that chrisvicmall is charging.
I was reading Lindaikeji's blog yesterday and one of her articles was on a set up like chrisvicmall that aids people in importing their goods just like chrisvicmall but at ridiculously cheap prices. This setup is MICOSTAR MALL.COM and they charge $3.40 per pound (I.e 2.2kg) from usa to lagos and then an additional 0.99 per pound if ur place of residence is another state other than Lagos. They will help parties interested in purchasing items from major online shops in usa and asia including alibaba.com. U wld agree with me that it is much cheaper than chrisvicmall that charges $13 per kg plus an additional $10 for aiding in the transaction and deals only in one or two china based sites.
I am using this opportunity to tell the house this info cos I want to know if this micostarmall.com can be trusted cos if they are, then I'll say that they are the next best thing to happen to young people hoping to improve their lives.

Thank u

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Tonjeola1(m): 3:50pm On Feb 14, 2013
Pls house, how much is bold 3 in the market? Whether UK used or new one
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Trulie(m): 4:01pm On Feb 14, 2013
Lady Winona: Okay, I've been following this thread quietly for some time now but for some reason I've been unable to find the courage to import something. First of all, I think chrisvicmall charges are way too exorbitant that at the end of the day, I'm barely making any profit but that's not why I'm here.
I'm here to contribute to this thread and pass on some info that I saw yesterday that can help anyone import goods at almost 1/10th of the price that chrisvicmall is charging.
I was reading Lindaikeji's blog yesterday and one of her articles was on a set up like chrisvicmall that aids people in importing their goods just like chrisvicmall but at ridiculously cheap prices. This setup is MICOSTAR MALL.COM and they charge $3.40 per pound (I.e 2.2kg) from usa to lagos and then an additional 0.99 per pound if ur place of residence is another state other than Lagos. They will help parties interested in purchasing items from major online shops in usa and asia including alibaba.com. U wld agree with me that it is much cheaper than chrisvicmall that charges $13 per kg plus an additional $10 for aiding in the transaction and deals only in one or two china based sites.
I am using this opportunity to tell the house this info cos I want to know if this micostarmall.com can be trusted cos if they are, then I'll say that they are the next best thing to happen to young people hoping to improve their lives.

Thank u
well if that happens to be true then i guess is more of an alternative to CVM. lemmme check the site out.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Wizeboy(m): 4:19pm On Feb 14, 2013
Lady Winona: Okay, I've been following this thread quietly for some time now but for some reason I've been unable to find the courage to import something. First of all, I think chrisvicmall charges are way too exorbitant that at the end of the day, I'm barely making any profit but that's not why I'm here.

Thank u

I was wondering how there service charge could be so cheap BUT when I get to the website, I can see the reason why. I will even prefer to use FREE SHIPPING FROM CHINA than spend $3.80 on micostarmall.com that will deliver my goods between 15 to 20 working days as I dont really see much different between them and Hong Kong Post (may be they may be consider for a safety purpose of goods due to the complain some guys had on NIPOST about missing goods).

There price might be good when shipping from USA and UK but that will also be based on the urgency and purpose of such goods order.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by osca123(m): 4:35pm On Feb 14, 2013

Thank u
their price is quite cheaper than CVM, but their delivery is slow.

1 Like

Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by LadyWinona: 4:51pm On Feb 14, 2013
Guys, I had phoned the manager who is in charge of sales from Nigeria. His name is swill with phone number 08034006668 and he said dt the goods usually come in earlier than the time stipulated in the site. You can call him to confirm too. Apparently, they have offices in lagos, abuja, osun and benin.

If u think of the massive gain that will be earned alone on transportation, then I say it's worth the time. Again, I want a strong competitor to contend with chrisvicmall so dt his prices can come down a bit since I still insist that it is a bit on the high side.

4 Likes

Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by LadyWinona: 5:02pm On Feb 14, 2013
Also, I've noticed that most people re here re interested in buying either jewellery, phones n accessories and human hair to sell to the public.
C'mon people, THINK outside the box!!!
Like I had said earlier, I'm terrified to venture into this n frankly with my family n career in tow, I think I have enough on my plate for now but for those willing to do this, why don't u target the working mothers who are interested in having nice and pretty appliances in their homes. Trust me, there is a huge market clientele right there.
For instance, in alibaba, there re cute can openers at ridiculously cheap prices, cake mixers, cute hair brushes, clocks etc dt are unique that I'm pretty sure the ladies will love to have such pretty things in their kitchens n homes.
Oh well, I've said my piece. Incase anyone brings the above listed into nigeria, pls send me a mail cos I'm interested in the electric can opener, cake mixer and hair brush.
Thank you

2 Likes

Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by never2late: 5:18pm On Feb 14, 2013
Toninet:

Pls which shipping company did you use?

@ Toninet the products was sent through one of my friend,s brother that is coming to Nigeria.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by wisemanj(m): 6:18pm On Feb 14, 2013
rapmike: please hlep me. i want to start importation bizness. i did not even know that such a thread is here. please how much is the least amount i can use and what online websites can i use
go to page 8-9 ur anws is there
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by chemashie(m): 6:23pm On Feb 14, 2013
@ lady winona, let me see if i can cash on those listed items. Can you pls suggest other products that you think could move fast.
I have many female bankers who prefer office or home delivery of my products most especially firstbank & UBA at marina & other locations in VI, Ikoyi & Lekki. I enjoy supplying them my products & collect my cash @ the point of delivery & they are ready to buy any product that will add values to thier lives.
You can drop your suggestions in my inbox. Thanx alot.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by chemashie(m): 6:29pm On Feb 14, 2013
@ all, there is no way you won‘t deal with CVM most especially when you need to import some “products“ which are in black book of custom. Micostarmall will definitely operate like DHL, UPS etc by delivering your product & NAHCO which can further delay your products for a while. Some of you are just finding ways of making 1000% profit which is damn too high. Enough said!

1 Like

Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by osca123(m): 6:31pm On Feb 14, 2013
i strongly support that CVM needs a strong competitor so they can seat up.

3 Likes

Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Nobody: 8:45pm On Feb 14, 2013
chemashie: @ all, there is no way you won‘t deal with CVM most especially when you need to import some “products“ which are in black book of custom. Micostarmall will definitely operate like DHL, UPS etc by delivering your product & NAHCO which can further delay your products for a while. Some of you are just finding ways of making 1000% profit which is damn too high. Enough said!
the fact is CVM is expensive, and they ve to reduce their charges
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Trulie(m): 9:34pm On Feb 14, 2013
Surveycash ur studnts are missinq yu so much in your forex thread.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by surveycash(m): 9:36pm On Feb 14, 2013
chemashie: @ all, there is no way you won‘t deal with CVM most especially when you need to import some “products“ which are in black book of custom.

Does CVM bypass custom?

1 Like

Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by surveycash(m): 9:39pm On Feb 14, 2013
rapmike: please hlep me. i want to start importation bizness. i did not even know that such a thread is here. please how much is the least amount i can use and what online websites can i use

There is more than enough info in season 1 to get you going..
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by surveycash(m): 9:42pm On Feb 14, 2013
Tru_lie: Surveycash ur studnts are missinq yu so much in your forex thread.

I have been suffering from ban . I was just released 2hours ago.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by surveycash(m): 9:44pm On Feb 14, 2013
@ wisemanj, Lady Winona, Wizeboy, Niiade, Toninet, chemashie - I see you. Nice work
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Trulie(m): 9:51pm On Feb 14, 2013
surveycash:

I have been suffering from ban . I was just released 2hours ago.
haba! who no no surveycash and the numerous-to-mention impacts he's had so far? hmm moderator i go vex o grin
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by chemashie(m): 9:55pm On Feb 14, 2013
surveycash:

Does CVM bypass custom?
you know loads of this stuff arrive from China on daily basis. most consignment from US are shipped only on fridays and allowed to stay for days at NAHCO before clearing. that is why circuit atlantic, usa2naija etc takes 10-17days to get their stuff down here from USA while CVM can ship today and u get the order tomorrow. china stuff are controlled by ibo boys so u don't really expect much due processes.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by 2jideofor(m): 10:27pm On Feb 14, 2013
Hello, friends.

This is 2sexy... I just came around to introduce myself.

My other handle has been given a 10 year ban all for speaking the truth. I felt oppressed and knowing my kind of person, I don't like such. My reaction would have affected a whole lot but for sake of the innocent... I calmed down.

Another thing is that my new handle cant make comments or post just yet on this section and I don't know when because it was never specified but a few weeks later.

Not being able to post in section which I am wholly committed to is like depriving me of my birth right and social obligation...

Thanks to those that are keeping this place going on smoothly.... and FVCK you weak brains who can't think outside the box but think they can only feed on the innocence of people to make money.

It is only those who do not know the power of the internet that may fall.

Later, friends...

2 Likes

Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Toninet: 11:26pm On Feb 14, 2013
[quote author=Wizeboy]

]

Almost all the gold-plated jewelries on this sore are rose gold in colour. Pls where do you get yellow gold jewelries?
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Toninet: 11:33pm On Feb 14, 2013
wisemanj: wizboy@ u are right, and also dont buy rose colur silver and yellow colur are ok

Pls post a reliable store link where I can get yellow and silver gold colour jewelries?

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (635) (Reply)

How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? / Football (+/Other Sports) Betting Season 15 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals 2020 ➜ ➜ ➜

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.