Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,473 members, 7,816,118 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:30 AM

Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 (1002689 Views)

Do It Yourself Importation Business Reviews/testimonies / Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 3 - Payment, Shipping & Marketing / Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (635) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Sunkaeme: 7:33am On Feb 08, 2013
Hi friends,
Pls which Post office is nearest to Agidingbi area of Lagos?
I want to visit them to ask if my items have arrived.
Thank you all as I look forward to your responses.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by chemashie(m): 7:39am On Feb 08, 2013
oshie:
Suppliers @ aliex buy from manufacturers @ alibaba in bulk and showcases it @ aliex where most of us buy in pcs. minimum order @ alibaba are sometimes 100pcs.logically, alibaba should be cheaper.For big time importers, they should go to baba where they can buy up to container load, while small timers like us should receive our blessing from the son(aliex) and be contented. Good morning all.
You don‘t limit yourself to aliexpress. You can even buy just 1peice from alibaba if you are matured enough to relate well with them. Alibaba products are more packaged in their retail boxes than aliexpress. Don‘t limit urself.

1 Like

Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by chemashie(m): 7:40am On Feb 08, 2013
Sunkaeme: Hi friends,
Pls which Post office is nearest to Agidingbi area of Lagos?
I want to visit them to ask if my items have arrived.
Thank you all as I look forward to your responses.
That should be ikeja now.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Sunkaeme: 7:50am On Feb 08, 2013
Thanks a lot @Chemashie for d prompt response. I will visit the two post offices at Ikeja. Just wanted to be sure that no other one is at Alausa or Ogba. I appreciate a lot. I will send u email shortly on one of those BB links u posted last time.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Barisua: 7:58am On Feb 08, 2013
hi pls any body with the ideal of were i can buy this bags from in lagos name jumbo bag should inbox
me kennethdavid983@gmail.com

Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Sunkaeme: 7:59am On Feb 08, 2013
@ChrisElena, pls put full address of your warehouse in China for the benefit of those of us that don't have it. Also if one is shipping Tablet PC that is less than 1kg how do you charge? I mean can one combine two tablets to get 1Kg. Just throw more light on this.
Pls house pardon me if this has been addressed in d past. I could not find any post that addressed this on season-1.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by surveycash(m): 8:01am On Feb 08, 2013
signature2012: Good day importers,is like buying things from alibaba is more cheaper than aliexpress?

Yes, if you can meet their minimum order quantity (MOQ) which ranges from 5 - 100pcs. But you can find away around it and I remember dropping a way to go about it in season 1.

nedu85: please I want to ask,I have placed an order for female undies of which the manufacturer in aliexpress said she cant ship thru dhl cos its on the prohibited list but she shiped it thru china free post mail which takes longer time,I have gotten the tracking number nd I have tracked it and seen it but wat I dnt knw is that will it arrive at my contact address or wuld I get a call or somefyn.how do I knw my goods have arrived,secondly please ild need the contact of the "chris" guy cos I dnt think ild wanna go thru that free china post mail cos it takes longer time.

You will get a call from PO nearest to you in 2-3weeks time or more.
Check their site @ http://chrisvicmall.com/
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by hahkma: 8:48am On Feb 08, 2013
2sey, chemashie, survey cash weldone. More strenght to your elbows.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by chux76(m): 9:29am On Feb 08, 2013
chemashie:
Alibaba are mostly manufacturers & they prefer customers that will buy large products before you can patronise them. If you gat the trick you can even buy small quantity from them.

Bro..wats the trick? Pls share..coz MOQ of 1000pcs and above no b yam oh!!
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by chemashie(m): 10:05am On Feb 08, 2013
Sunkaeme: Thanks a lot @Chemashie for d prompt response. I will visit the two post offices at Ikeja. Just wanted to be sure that no other one is at Alausa or Ogba. I appreciate a lot. I will send u email shortly on one of those BB links u posted last time.
I have bought some BB on those links and majority have been bought. Remember most of these products are being watched all over the world & you don‘t expect it to be there for days. I always tell people to make payment as soon as possible (less than 24hrs). I will paste more links.

1 Like

Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by surveycash(m): 10:06am On Feb 08, 2013
hahk'ma:
2sey, chemashie, survey cash weldone. More strenght to your elbows.

Where have you been? The silence from your end is deafening.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by surveycash(m): 10:06am On Feb 08, 2013
chux76:

Posted a trick in season 1

1 Like

Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by chemashie(m): 10:22am On Feb 08, 2013
chux76:

You need to compose a message & store it somewhere to use as format for those alibaba sellers.
Let them know you are from Nigeria(no need to lie cos ur IP says alot) writing on behalf of your company (u r not 2 small to own one) and would like to patner with them on their products but would like to place order for 1/2 even 10pcs as samples. Let him be aware you are placing order for 1000pcs (they love this) if the product receive positive feedbacks from ur customers. Don‘t beg the manufacturer cos u r d king @ d moment & doing them a favour. Be strict & firm to let the owner ensure the product is of high quality & well packaged.
Also inform him that “our patner in China (it shows u mean biz) will make payment on our behalf & pick the product“. End it with something like “please treat as urgent & quote your best price for the 10pc“.
Don‘t write epistle & not add too much salt so u won‘t appear as a scammer to them.
NOTE: I will modify this post after 3hrs, copy it in ur notepad.
WARNING: no one should quote it due to its sensitivity.

2 Likes

Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by ngezeck(m): 10:28am On Feb 08, 2013
pls hus has anyone purchase samsung tab10.1 from alibaba.com,i wan 2 buy frm a seller on alibaba tru chrivicmall...has any one use their productmand hw is it
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Sunkaeme: 10:33am On Feb 08, 2013
Ok @Chemashie. Dat is very good of you my brother. I really delayed but my internet has not helped me lately. I will still contact u on dat link incase there are still available while I expect the new links.
Best regards
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by chux76(m): 10:33am On Feb 08, 2013
chemashie:
You need to compose a message & store it somewhere to use as format for those alibaba sellers.
Let them know you are from Nigeria(no need to lie cos ur IP says alot) writing on behalf of your company (u r not 2 small to own one) and would like to patner with them on their products but would like to place order for 1/2 even 10pcs as samples. Let him be aware you are placing order for 1000pcs (they love this) if the product receive positive feedbacks from ur customers. Don‘t beg the manufacturer cos u r d king @ d moment & doing them a favour. Be strict & firm to let the owner ensure the product is of high quality & well packaged.
Also inform him that “our patner in China (it shows u mean biz) will make payment on our behalf & pick the product“. End it with something like “please treat as urgent & quote your best price for the 10pc“.
Don‘t write epistle & not add too much salt so u won‘t appear as a scammer to them.
NOTE: I will modify this post after 3hrs, copy it in ur notepad.
WARNING: no one should quote it due to its sensitivity.

Tnx bro....aiit

1 Like

Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by toluxa1(m): 10:53am On Feb 08, 2013
chemashie:
I have bought some BB on those links and majority have been bought. Remember most of these products are being watched all over the world & you don‘t expect it to be there for days. I always tell people to make payment as soon as possible (less than 24hrs). I will paste more links.

Yea bro, try to post some more. My Uncle is coming from the US end of this month so I'll to order a few. I still have some of the last ones you posted in my Bookmark especially the Torch 2. Did you buy any Torch 2? How much did you sell them here in Nig?

Lastly (@all), which of the BBs do you think is hottest sell in Naija at the moment?
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by toluxa1(m): 10:55am On Feb 08, 2013
chux76:

Tnx bro....aiit

Lol, some people no dey hear word sha. Even though am not really sure of his reason for saying no quoting, but na him write him tin. Seems you deliberately disobeyed. Oga o

1 Like

Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by toluxa1(m): 10:59am On Feb 08, 2013
surveycash:

Posted a trick in season 1

I think so some extent we should be more accommodating of the new comers. If it's not too stressful giving him the info AGAIN, you can. I'v seen some people ask simple questions and you guys refer them to read a 100 page thread for the answer them you can easily just write it in 1min. I know there are some silly questions but not all replies should be "go and check season 1". I'v been following this thread since the first or second day Matthew created it (even though av been into mini importing long long before then) but sometimes I still ask questions when I need them. One love!

3 Likes

Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by chemashie(m): 11:09am On Feb 08, 2013
toluxa1:

Yea bro, try to post some more. My Uncle is coming from the US end of this month so I'll to order a few. I still have some of the last ones you posted in my Bookmark especially the Torch 2. Did you buy any Torch 2? How much did you sell them here in Nig?

Lastly (@all), which of the BBs do you think is hottest sell in Naija at the moment?
Go for curve series from 4 upward, bold 2, 4 &5, torch.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by chemashie(m): 11:22am On Feb 08, 2013
toluxa1:

Lol, some people no dey hear word sha. Even though am not really sure of his reason for saying no quoting, but na him write him tin. Seems you deliberately disobeyed. Oga o
Seems the guy did not read this stuff verywell.
Reason why i said no quote was that many people will flood alibaba portal with the same format which could spoil the job for guyz. Besides, these people read most things from NL & will take us as unserious fellows.
Do you know that the same format i posted up there has been in existence for years? Manufacturers prefer to send samples at no cost to prospective buyers before. Many yahoo guyz took advantage of that & scammed them alot. Manufacturers still send samples free up till today but will make sure the shipping fee is expensive & therefore discourage scammers. Some of them will even promise you that the money for the samples will be fully refunded if you come back to place order for their MOQ.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by wisemanj(m): 11:49am On Feb 08, 2013
chemashie:
Seems the guy did not read this stuff verywell.
Reason why i said no quote was that many people will flood alibaba portal with the same format which could spoil the job for guyz. Besides, these people read most things from NL & will take us as unserious fellows.
Do you know that the same format i posted up there has been in existence for years? Manufacturers prefer to send samples at no cost to prospective buyers before. Many yahoo guyz took advantage of that & scammed them alot. Manufacturers still send samples free up till today but will make sure the shipping fee is expensive & therefore discourage scammers. Some of them will even promise you that the money for the samples will be fully refunded if you come back to place order for their MOQ.
what a beautiful idea thanks ma!
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Asemo11(m): 12:56pm On Feb 08, 2013
maxibrainz:
you are using your card to ship from were
china
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by hahkma: 1:03pm On Feb 08, 2013
surveycash:

Where have you been? The silence from your end is deafening.
Bros, my link went down but i'm here now. U guys are too much
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by hahkma: 1:20pm On Feb 08, 2013
@ chemashie, i have been doing that and sometimes it worked. One jewelry supplier honestly told me how he has been scammed and almost lost his business to a Nigerian.
These guys knows most of these format even the sample is there on alibaba. A seller told me the reason most of them don't reply to our enquiry is because they feel you are a scammer.
The best thing here is ensure you have a registered coy and possible a corporate email. Avoid these free shipping through Nipost so you can release their payment if you used escrow. It works aswell.
I observed some suppliers money is still held due to our POs fault.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by chemashie(m): 2:16pm On Feb 08, 2013
@ hahk‘ma, It all depends on your approach & your profile on alibaba. I registered on alibaba as an exporter since 2009, i used the login detail for aliexpress. My profile on alibaba is updated with my pix, registered coy details & recently with my facebook details.
The format i placed up there has been on for long & still rock if you have updated profile. Manufacturers too want to deal with a potential buyers that can be easily traced.
Besides, you don‘t hav to hype yourself or appear as Dangote before you recieve their response.
Note: response from manufacturers on alibaba can only be viewed on alibaba platform unlike aliexpress that sends the reminder to your inbox.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by oshie(m): 2:27pm On Feb 08, 2013
@ALL,we should not complain of internet issues if we can follow the instructions below to enable us use blackberry internet service(BIS) on our modems or android phones. IT WORKS AS WELL WITH NOKIA PC SUITE OR ANY OTHER PC SUITE.

To Browse With Glo BIS On PC, Android etc

Text the Keyword of your choice to 777

1. Blackberry Social Week Plan:
Keyword: SoWeek
Price: N400
Data Volume: 700MB
Duration: 7 Days

2. Blackberry Social Month Plan:
Keyword: SoMonth CoMonth 777
Price: N1,200
Data Volume: 3GB
Duration: 30 Days

APN: blackberry.net
Access number: *99#
Username: leave blank
Password: leave blank

Send STATUS to 777 to check the data balance of your Glo BIS or dial *777*0#

Once you exhaust your data allocation, it expires automatically for you to renew If you wish

For AIRTEL BIS On PC, Android etc Either you send 'bsm' to 440 or dial *440*4#.

Cost N1,200 and gives you 1gb for 30 days

Dial *141*712*0# to check your data balance

if you exhaust your data before expiry send 'DEACTIVATE' to '440' and then subscribe again.
(To Unsubscribe From normal data Plans SMS stop to 140)

apn: internet.ng.airtel.com
username: internet
password: internet
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Activation Codes & Pricing for Airtel Bundle for BlackBerry options
PLAN Validity Period Tariffs USSD Activation SMS Activation
Social Monthly 30 days 1,200 *440*4# bsm
Weekly 1 week 400 *440*5# bsw
Daily 24 hours 100 *440*6# bsd
To check status *440# Send status to 440

ATTACHED IS THE EXCEL DOCUMENT. ENJOY grin

Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Niiade(m): 2:39pm On Feb 08, 2013
oshie: @ALL,we should not complain of internet issues if we can follow the instructions below to enable us use blackberry internet service(BIS) on our modems or android phones. IT WORKS AS WELL WITH NOKIA PC SUITE OR ANY OTHER PC SUITE.

Once you exhaust your data allocation, it expires automatically for you to renew If you wish

if you exhaust your data before expiry send 'DEACTIVATE' to '440' and then subscribe again.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

this would work on android phones i mean the glo info....... thanks
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by oshie(m): 2:45pm On Feb 08, 2013
Click on the attachment titled GSM NETWORK INFO TO VIEW IT BETTER. IT WORKS.REMEMBER TO CONFIGURE UR MODEM INTERFACE.
ON UR MODEM, CLICK TOOLS, OPTIONS, PROFILE MGT,NEW.
FILL PROFILE NAME, CLICK ON STATIC TO ENABLE YOU FILL APN. FILL USER NAME AND PASSWORD
CLICK OK, CLICK SAVE.
FINALLY ON THE PROFILE NAME ON YOUR INTERFACE,CLICK ON THE DROP DOWN BUTTON TO SELECT PROFILE CHOICE
HIT THE CONNECT BUTTON AND U AR GOOD TO GO.

FOR PC SUITE USERS, CONVERT YOUR LOADED CREDIT TO DATA BUNDLE, FOLLLOW UR USUAL CONNECTION PROCESS AND ENJOY YOUR BROWSING.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by chemashie(m): 3:36pm On Feb 08, 2013
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by osca123(m): 3:40pm On Feb 08, 2013
oshie: @ALL,we should not complain of internet issues if we can follow the instructions below to enable us use blackberry internet service(BIS) on our modems or android phones. IT WORKS AS WELL WITH NOKIA PC SUITE OR ANY OTHER PC SUITE.

are you sure this wont need any VPN service to work? I presently use MTN BIS + VPN. If they are working fine without VPN, then they are cheaper than MTN

1 Like

Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by oshie(m): 4:23pm On Feb 08, 2013
@ All, pasting my post wastes space as we may soon enter season 3. just say @ Oshie. i doesnt require VPN. I tried it, its working. feel free to contact me for clarifications if need be. ps if u call and i tell u am busy, dont fell bad, just send ur questions as text message. i promise to call u to put ur through. recently to prove to a friend that it works, i had to insert my SIM in his phone and he connected via his PC suite and Lo and behold he was accessing the world wide web. Cheers

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (635) (Reply)

How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? / Football (+/Other Sports) Betting Season 15 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals 2020 ➜ ➜ ➜

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.