Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,237 members, 7,849,863 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 10:52 AM

QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries - Travel (294) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries (662966 Views)

QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by monchouchou: 7:54am On Sep 22, 2014
Please note that Free zone visa is not the all important saviour or green card to the uae. There are people on free zone visas weeping and gnashing their teeth and people not on free zone visas that are living well. The only reason free zone is preferred is that you can easily change jobs without attracting bans.

It all comes down to getting a good job offer and negotiating a good deal for yourself. Or do you believe a security guard or office assistant on a free zone visa will be better than an associate or other entry level position which is not a free zone job? Most definitely not.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by monchouchou: 7:59am On Sep 22, 2014
Donxavier

I mentioned this before. Will you rent a house sight unseen in lagos or ph or abuja? Will you not atleast see the place you want to rent first or atleast send a trusted person to look at it for you?

In Dubai the motto is trust no one as even family members can betray you talk more of unknown people you meet online. Budget funds for atleast a week stay in a cheap hotel in dubai. When you arrive you can start sourcing for shared accomodation. They are advertised everyday in the dailies and also online on dubbizle. justi4jesu has posted the link above. Go through the link and have a clear and unbiased opinion of how much it costs to rent accommodations in different areas of Dubai.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by fohiss: 11:02am On Sep 22, 2014
justi4jesu:

Am yet to understand your question, if you can re-phrase it and be more explanatory then i think i may be able to help.
I want to book hotel wit emirate( I guest dey have one particular hotel dey use) so as am asking d distance from d hotel dey are going to lodge me to Abu Dhabi like how long (hours ) will it takes Nd like how much will it cost.... positive replies will b appreciated thanks....
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by frostmate: 11:24am On Sep 22, 2014
justi4jesu:

Yes you will have to pay customs charges when receiving your package, and you must have a P.O. Box Number on the Dubai Address you intend to use else your package will be sent back to US the same day it arrives.

And also you will have to present your Emirates ID Card or Work Permit when receiving the Package.

And don't dream to send any contraband because they will open the package in front of you before releasing it.

Which one is kuntraband grin all I asked for buying an item on eBay. Providing a po box wouldn't be any problem and other docs as well. So what will be charges on a say a PS4
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by frostmate: 11:35am On Sep 22, 2014
Donxavier:

So largely field based engineering roles and years of experience are available to other nationals?

Yes kind of. It might be due to more familiarity with these other nationals and also due to the reputation we have given ourselves but you don't tend to see many of us in these companies. They are available to us but it is tougher for us getting this jobs you know but not impossible.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by drumma(m): 12:18pm On Sep 22, 2014
Sweet heart u didnt mention it to him u did to me.... Be patient with people on here they just need proper advice.... Thanks to our government for wanting us to wanna move yonder

monchouchou: Donxavier

I mentioned this before. Will you rent a house sight unseen in lagos or ph or abuja? Will you not atleast see the place you want to rent first or atleast send a trusted person to look at it for you?

In Dubai the motto is trust no one as even family members can betray you talk more of unknown people you meet online. Budget funds for atleast a week stay in a cheap hotel in dubai. When you arrive you can start sourcing for shared accomodation. They are advertised everyday in the dailies and also online on dubbizle. justi4jesu has posted the link above. Go through the link and have a clear and unbiased opinion of how much it costs to rent accommodations in different areas of Dubai.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Yungmilio2(m): 12:26pm On Sep 22, 2014
kelvin4jesu:
Nigerians working in uae top oil company

undecided
We should stop saying things we know nothing about because we want to give hope to the hopeless.
hard one
but makes fresh
TRUTH
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by monchouchou: 1:40pm On Sep 22, 2014
drumma: Sweet heart u didnt mention it to him u did to me.... Be patient with people on here they just need proper advice.... Thanks to our government for wanting us to wanna move yonder

Lol, didn't know I was harsh. I know I mentioned it to you but the information is there for everyone to read.... if we keep going back and forth on the same issues the thread will remain stagnant.

1 Like

Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 2:35pm On Sep 22, 2014
Its like we are only a handful of people on this page who is in Qatar. Qatar visa na no go area lol
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by esteltiarra: 5:07pm On Sep 22, 2014
Wonders in the UAE............... tongue

Maid charged with adultery after birth of twins
Gulf News – 10 hours ago

Woman, babies and suspected partner in police custody Sharjah Public prosecution on Sunday started its interrogation of a Filipina housemaid who gave birth to twin girls in a bathroom at her employer's house.
The 35-year-old maid, who gave birth in Al Nouf area of Sharjah on Thursday morning, has been taken to Al Gharb police station custody, a Sharjah Police official told Gulf News.
It is thought the maid got pregnant following an affair with a Bangladeshi worker at a neighbouring house. Both have been charged with adultery.
The housemaid used to prepare breakfast for her employer's school-going children, but did not carry out her morning duties on Thursday.
The Emirati family reported the incident to the police operations room after they found their housemaid lying in the bathroom of their adjacent house after delivering her babies. The family told police that they did not know who their maid's partner was.
The housemaid and her twins were later rushed to Al Qasimi hospital and police arrested her suspected partner hours before he planned to flee the country.
The family said the maid joined them nearly a year ago and that they had not noticed that she was pregnant as she was fat.
An official at Al Qasimi hospital told Gulf News that the condition of the mother is stable and her twin daughters were in good health. The babies are with their mother in custody.
© Al Nisr Publishing LLC 2014. All rights reserved. Provided by SyndiGate Media Inc. (Syndigate.info).
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by justi4jesu(f): 5:27pm On Sep 22, 2014
nestaolive: Its like we are only a handful of people on this page who is in Qatar. Qatar visa na no go area lol

We dey wait for you na...Please furnish us with Qatar visa updates ohh as DrDre is off and On. cheesy
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by hotchocolatey: 5:29pm On Sep 22, 2014
justi4jesu:

1 month Extendable tourist visa is advised, its still same thing as 2 months visa because while you are in Dubai towards the end of the 1month you can still remain inside dubai and extend the same 1 month visa for an extra cost.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by hotchocolatey: 5:30pm On Sep 22, 2014
Thanks a lot for the info, I appreciate.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by drumma(m): 5:53pm On Sep 22, 2014
I kuku understand you dear… its not easy and it can be annoying but what can one do…. we will always be our brothers keeper…..

How's the weather today in Dubai??

monchouchou:

Lol, didn't know I was harsh. I know I mentioned it to you but the information is there for everyone to read.... if we keep going back and forth on the same issues the thread will remain stagnant.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by monchouchou: 5:57pm On Sep 22, 2014
drumma: I kuku understand you dear… its not easy and it can be annoying but what can one do…. we will always be our brothers keeper…..

How's the weather today in Dubai??

Same old same old. Heat is reducing gradually.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Uttchay: 6:00pm On Sep 22, 2014
@kelvin4Jesu
I understand if you are very busy. Nevertheless, I'll really appreciate if you please respond to my mail.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by drumma(m): 6:17pm On Sep 22, 2014
good news then…. let me go pack my bags…. either ways I'm coming with a bleaching cream

monchouchou:

Same old same old. Heat is reducing gradually.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by DrDre1(m): 12:26am On Sep 23, 2014
justi4jesu:

We dey wait for you na...Please furnish us with Qatar visa updates ohh as DrDre is off and On. cheesy
Madam Justi, ha! That's harsh and unfair o grin I felt like NEPA/PHCN erratic power supply immediately I read ur post. I hang around here most times but there are really no questions on Qatar so I prefer to just learn and observe wink
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by kel4soft: 3:19am On Sep 23, 2014
nestaolive: Its like we are only a handful of people on this page who is in Qatar. Qatar visa na no go area lol

What happened to Qatar? Is it difficult to get?
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by justi4jesu(f): 5:35am On Sep 23, 2014
hotchocolatey: Thanks a lot for the info, I appreciate.

Welcome anytime.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by justi4jesu(f): 5:53am On Sep 23, 2014
DrDre1:
Madam Justi, ha! That's harsh and unfair o grin I felt like NEPA/PHCN erratic power supply immediately I read ur post. I hang around here most times but there are really no questions on Qatar so I prefer to just learn and observe wink

Lol you pass Nepa oh. Abeg try dey give us news from that side too. cheesy
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by DrDre1(m): 6:10am On Sep 23, 2014
justi4jesu:

Lol you pass Nepa oh. Abeg try dey give us news from that side too. cheesy
Lol...I really need to put some work into this then. Getting compared with NEPA is bad enough...being worse than it is just totally ugly. cry
There isn't much happening here really other than the ban on Nigerians getting stiffer. I'd answer any questions on Qatar to the best of my abilities. Is there anything specific u want to know?
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:05am On Sep 23, 2014
Qatar has successfully clamp down on work visa. Its only visit visa for family that's the category of people I see coming into doha
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by hotchocolatey: 5:22pm On Sep 23, 2014
@Justi4Jesu and any1 else
Pls, do u hv any idea how much the extendable tourist visa cost nd how much d freezone 1 costs too? Tnx.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by terefe(m): 5:51pm On Sep 23, 2014
Biko..abeg... We know nigerians have migrating to d uae and qatar , get jobs and settle down...what kind of jobs ? Labourer jobs or ?....are graduate jobs for naija trained available n how do u come by them... Thanks
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 6:44pm On Sep 23, 2014
monchouchou: Please note that Free zone visa is not the all important saviour or green card to the uae. There are people on free zone visas weeping and gnashing their teeth and people not on free zone visas that are living well. The only reason free zone is preferred is that you can easily change jobs without attracting bans.

It all comes down to getting a good job offer and negotiating a good deal for yourself. Or do you believe a security guard or office assistant on a free zone visa will be better than an associate or other entry level position which is not a free zone job? Most definitely not.

monchouchou:
Donxavier

Thanks for your advice. My plan is to come up with a coherent strategy for job hunting in Dubai. I know if I throw things around here, seasoned posters here will come out with constructive criticism. I recognise some of the questions asked might have been dealt with before but sifting through 200+pages of info isn't beans lol. Please bare with me if I ask amateurish questions grin

That said, I most definitely would never part of with any of my hard earned cash without physically being present in dubai and triple verifying grin gringrin whatever it is am paying for. Am all for legit deals Visawise or Accommodation wise

1 Like

Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 6:47pm On Sep 23, 2014
kelvin4jesu:
It is very easy but as for me Freezone is the best and u will never regret it, as for accommodation I can stand for you free because I av a residency permit.just chat me here when u arrive UAE.

Aight, would get in touch when am on ground. Can you stand for the free zone Visa?
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:11pm On Sep 23, 2014
Pls house, am graduate of computer engineering, I have one year Experience in web design and other IT related field. Is it possible to get a well paying job in the IT industry have tried applying online but to no avail. Wud like to come over and try my luck. I wud apprciate ur advice..thanks.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Olayinkaoj(m): 1:50am On Sep 24, 2014
Sirs/ma,
1. What are the easily gotten jobs or readily available jobs for Africans in UAE if one has degree or not?
2. What is the average pay per month when converted to USD for the available jobs on the average?
3. How soon can one get the least rated jobs, at least to start with?
4. Which type of visa is advisable for someone who is coming to hussle to obtain and how much?
5. What other advantageous information can you give to any desperate job seeker from Nigeria to UAE?
Answers to the above shall be of great help for me to prepare.
I am male, graduate of Agriculture, 3rd class, 1994, PGD 1998, married, father of 2. I have been to Dubai on holiday when my business was okay, but now grounded. I am desperate to do any job now, even if it's Labour job in Dubai.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by monchouchou: 5:43am On Sep 24, 2014
Donxavier:

Aight, would get in touch when am on ground. Can you stand for the free zone Visa?

Please don't get confused. Freezone visa is not something that can be "applied" for.

There are Freezone companies in Dubai. These companies are established under special laws and do not need to have a local Emirati partner, are restricted in the kind of business they can do, etc. Persons employed by such companies have free zone employment visas. Therefore, before you can have a "free zone visa", you have to be employed by such a company or you set up a free zone company yourself(more for investors and not job seekers).

(1) (2) (3) ... (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) ... (401)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.