Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,128 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:48 PM

Jonathan In London Clinic For Intestinal Problems - SaharaReporters - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan In London Clinic For Intestinal Problems - SaharaReporters (23545 Views)

Jonathan Not Christian, Serves Voodoo Looted N32b From Bayelsa - SaharaReporters / IBB Endorses Muhammadu Buhari For President - SaharaReporters / A Picture Of President Jonathan In His Office (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan In London Clinic For Intestinal Problems - SaharaReporters by gboyetade: 8:17pm On Feb 09, 2013
An intestinal problem has forced President Jonathan to cancel a planned surprise visit to the Super Eagles in South Africa, medical sources in London said today.

The Nigeria president, who is on a whirlwind three-nation trip to Egypt, the United Kingdom and France, had planned to surprise the Super Eagles in South Africa following their qualification for the final of the African Cup of Nations last Wednesday.

However, in London Mr. Jonathan came down with an intestinal disorder referred to as Amoebic Colitis and he underwent testing at the London Clinic on Harley Street. The clinic is highly favoured by Nigeria’s rich and powerful.

A medical source told Saharareporters that Mr. Jonathan's situation is not worrisome but that the persistent nature of the condition meant the president had to undergo some screenings. It was not clear why he did not undertake the screenings in Abuja, where State House has an excellent clinic manned by a largely idle staff.

Meanwhile, former Nigerian dictator Ibrahim Badamosi Babangida was also sighted at the InterContinental Hotel in London limping on one leg. Mr. Babangida was helped into a vehicle by two aides on his way to a hospital in the city.

It was not clear if President Jonathan previously knew of Babangida's stay at the same hotel but the two met briefly as Babangida struggled to get to his car.

Mr. Jonathan is expected to arrive in France on Monday, according to his itinerary, but it is unclear if his health issue will force a change. Mr. Jonathan’s wife, Patience, last month returned to hospital in Germany following new health concerns.

The president has detailed the Senate President, David Mark, to cheer on the Super Eagles to victory in their final match against Burkina Faso tomorrow.

A presidency source said the President plans a massive reception for the Super Eagles in Abuja on Tuesday night.

Following decades of irresponsible management of the Nigerian economy, including failure to develop the health sector, Nigeria’s leaders and their families routinely hurry off to the developed world to squander valuable foreign exchange even on minor health procedures.

Two years ago, Babangida’s wife died in a hospital in California. Prior to that, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo’s wife died in a hospital in Spain.

Source : Sahara reporters
for latest gist visit http://www.gboyetade..com/

Please like our facebook page @ https://www.facebook.com/pages/Gboyetade-Blog/440559255993226

1 Like

Re: Jonathan In London Clinic For Intestinal Problems - SaharaReporters by obi4eze(m): 8:23pm On Feb 09, 2013
Is this really true? Well, if it is, I wish him a safe recovery.

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan In London Clinic For Intestinal Problems - SaharaReporters by badassnigga(m): 8:52pm On Feb 09, 2013
it is so unfortunate that our leaders don't live by example ...They keep going to abroad for medical attention instead of making our health sectors d most sought after in d world.
well, I wish u quick recovery but remember that u once went to school bare footed .
what options do those that can't afford medical attention abroad have ?

30 Likes

Re: Jonathan In London Clinic For Intestinal Problems - SaharaReporters by Nobody: 9:08pm On Feb 09, 2013
bad_ass_nigga: it is so unfortunate that our leaders don't live by example ...They keep going to abroad for medical attention instead of making our health sectors d most sought after in d world.
well, I wish u quick recovery but remember that u once went to school bare footed .
what options do those that can't afford medical attention abroad have ?
I concur

1 Like

Re: Jonathan In London Clinic For Intestinal Problems - SaharaReporters by fatdon1(m): 9:14pm On Feb 09, 2013
It's a welcome developmet.
Re: Jonathan In London Clinic For Intestinal Problems - SaharaReporters by OmoTier1(m): 9:19pm On Feb 09, 2013
I need to set up committee... I brb..

1 Like

Re: Jonathan In London Clinic For Intestinal Problems - SaharaReporters by takedat(m): 9:23pm On Feb 09, 2013
Its nothing serious! GEJ is on top of the situation!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan In London Clinic For Intestinal Problems - SaharaReporters by GARRIx7(m): 9:23pm On Feb 09, 2013
Sahara Reporters!!!!!

Una too much!!!!

No hiding place for any Public Officer...... cheesy cheesy

Anyway, Quick Recovery to Presido

www.saharareporters.com/news-page/president-jonathan-london-clinic-over-intestinal-problems-babangidas-leg-disease-worsens

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan In London Clinic For Intestinal Problems - SaharaReporters by Itoroetti(m): 9:26pm On Feb 09, 2013
@Saharareporters owner-have u ever made a statement as u do poke nose on other peoples own?seems ur happiness is when others are sick.ur mood of news reportage is too bad,I doubt if u studied jornalism or u just venture into it to escape hunger

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan In London Clinic For Intestinal Problems - SaharaReporters by ujchief(m): 9:26pm On Feb 09, 2013
No source, no link.
Anyway, we all are humans, even a machine can't work at 100% efficiency.
Even the healthy ones are advised to go for a periodic checkup.

Have a nice checkup sir.
Re: Jonathan In London Clinic For Intestinal Problems - SaharaReporters by Tolexander: 9:31pm On Feb 09, 2013
Jonathan went to an hospital in abroad just because of desentry(complicated term, amoebic colitis)!
What has he to justify the allocation for the health sector in the annual budget when he couldn't recieve a treatment in our hospital?
Moreover, why is it that it is only the sahara reporter that sees all these kind of stories.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan In London Clinic For Intestinal Problems - SaharaReporters by lacasa: 9:33pm On Feb 09, 2013
I don't really care undecided

Let the french people care since na there una ministry of health dey angry
Re: Jonathan In London Clinic For Intestinal Problems - SaharaReporters by GARRIx7(m): 9:37pm On Feb 09, 2013
Itoroetti :
@Saharareporters owner-have u ever made a statement as u do poke nose on other peoples own?seems ur happiness is when others are sick.ur mood of news reportage is too bad,I doubt if u studied jornalism or u just venture into it to escape hunger

This post doesn't make any sense.... undecided

If you follow SR, you'd not have typed the thrash you typed above!!!

21 Likes

Re: Jonathan In London Clinic For Intestinal Problems - SaharaReporters by EkoIle1: 10:00pm On Feb 09, 2013
effects 1 billion naira food inside belle....

13 Likes

Re: Jonathan In London Clinic For Intestinal Problems - SaharaReporters by Amazonjoe(f): 1:00am On Feb 10, 2013
God help our leaders in this country moono from one sickness to the other
Re: Jonathan In London Clinic For Intestinal Problems - SaharaReporters by Nobody: 1:01am On Feb 10, 2013
Singing in Chinedu Nwadike's voice *God of vengeance, judge all our enemies.... God of vengeance, judge all our enemies... Those that say, they cannot live to see us make it in this life*

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan In London Clinic For Intestinal Problems - SaharaReporters by strangest(m): 1:03am On Feb 10, 2013
Sahara reporters... sahara na desert o... we dey watch.. soon e go turn to butt implant
Re: Jonathan In London Clinic For Intestinal Problems - SaharaReporters by Techwriter: 1:03am On Feb 10, 2013
SADhara Reporters when will u tell us Sullivan made it inspite of all odds and those wishing him death? Or is it only the sad stories that enrich your accounts

1 Like

Re: Jonathan In London Clinic For Intestinal Problems - SaharaReporters by Birichie(m): 1:04am On Feb 10, 2013
GEJ will set a committee to look into dat
Re: Jonathan In London Clinic For Intestinal Problems - SaharaReporters by manny4life(m): 1:05am On Feb 10, 2013
However, in London Mr. Jonathan came down with an intestinal disorder referred to as Amoebic Colitis and he underwent testing at the London Clinic on Harley Street. The clinic is highly favoured by Nigeria’s rich and powerful.

A medical source told Saharareporters that Mr. Jonathan's situation is not worrisome but that the persistent nature of the condition meant the president had to undergo some screenings. It was not clear why he did not undertake the screenings in Abuja, where State House has an excellent clinic manned by a largely idle staff.

More reason why SR is just plain junky media, imagine the first paragraph, such an illness, it was immediately he traveled abroad that he came down with such an intestinal disorder? Are they trying to tell us that for such a sickness, GEJ waited for a window opportunity (his trip), to go get checked out?

Now look at the second paragraph, "BUT THE PERSISTENT NATURE", so if this sickness is persistent in nature, I guess it waited perfectly "Just in Time", when GEJ traveled out, it showed up immediately. If it was persistent all along, AND it's not a worrisome situation,

A. Is it obvious that Abuja has screened him and probably he's on some kind of treatment?

B. Why make a big deal of it?

Again, SR and their useless lies...

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan In London Clinic For Intestinal Problems - SaharaReporters by toluleke(m): 1:08am On Feb 10, 2013
o gbon ole naani
Re: Jonathan In London Clinic For Intestinal Problems - SaharaReporters by slimfit1(m): 1:13am On Feb 10, 2013
Itoroetti :

You don't like it click the next page please they are just doing there job very well tell your president to do his job very well too.

7 Likes

Re: Jonathan In London Clinic For Intestinal Problems - SaharaReporters by fittty(m): 1:14am On Feb 10, 2013
Ok
Re: Jonathan In London Clinic For Intestinal Problems - SaharaReporters by 76Naira(m): 1:15am On Feb 10, 2013
Such a shame that in 2013 we still can't rely on our medical system.

Such a shame... My heart bleeds for my country.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan In London Clinic For Intestinal Problems - SaharaReporters by slimfit1(m): 1:19am On Feb 10, 2013
manny4life:

More reason why SR is just plain junky media, imagine the first paragraph, such an illness, it was immediately he traveled abroad that he came down with such an intestinal disorder? Are they trying to tell us that for such a sickness, GEJ waited for a window opportunity (his trip), to go get checked out?

Now look at the second paragraph, "BUT THE PERSISTENT NATURE", so if this sickness is persistent in nature, I guess it waited perfectly "Just in Time", when GEJ traveled out, it showed up immediately. If it was persistent all along, AND it's not a worrisome situation,

A. Is it obvious that Abuja has screened him and probably he's on some kind of treatment?

B. Why make a big deal of it?

Again, SR and their useless lies...

How did you hear that the USA Secretary of state was at the hospital press told you so didn't they SR is a news reporting site sir not an advising site where they do buying and selling get it sir. That is there job description the last time I checked.

7 Likes

Re: Jonathan In London Clinic For Intestinal Problems - SaharaReporters by tjskii(f): 1:19am On Feb 10, 2013
Amoeba wetin,nna diseases dey o
Re: Jonathan In London Clinic For Intestinal Problems - SaharaReporters by slimfit1(m): 1:20am On Feb 10, 2013
I think the posion from okija is not working oh.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan In London Clinic For Intestinal Problems - SaharaReporters by manny4life(m): 1:23am On Feb 10, 2013
slim fit :

How did you hear that the USA Secretary of state was at the hospital press told you so didn't they SR is a news reporting site sir not an advising site where they do buying and selling get it sir. That is there job description the last time I checked.

My friend you can either stick to lies or say the damn truth. Mrs Clinton was in hospital and yes they reported it, but how Faux news and MSNBC reported it are different. One was factual while the other was more so perpetuating lies, nonetheless, it doesn't stop them from being media sources, but one does a gr8 job of misleading the public.

Oh btw, this isn't about Clinton or U.S. media but SR. What they're trying to inform the public isn't GEJ stopped by the hospital, but trying to state an intent of GEJ patronizing foreign hospitals meanwhile Abuja clinic is there.

9 Likes

Re: Jonathan In London Clinic For Intestinal Problems - SaharaReporters by Nobody: 1:25am On Feb 10, 2013
Omo_Tier1: I need to set up committee... I brb..

And anoda committee to review your committee angry grin
Re: Jonathan In London Clinic For Intestinal Problems - SaharaReporters by gbollykore: 1:26am On Feb 10, 2013
must he go to london, why cant they build the same type of hospital in Nigeria with all the money they are wasting around
Re: Jonathan In London Clinic For Intestinal Problems - SaharaReporters by RedLight1: 1:30am On Feb 10, 2013
if its from saharareporter .. then there must be some element of truth ... only God knows how those guys get their own news

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I've Joined Team Of Defense Lawyers In The Case Of Nnamdi Kanu - Emeka Ugwuonye / The Moment Wike Denied Suing Atiku Over PDP Presidential Primary (Video) / Umahi’s Defection: PDP Dodges Zoning As APC Woos Ugwuanyi, Ikpeazu, Obiano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.