Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,789 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:59 PM

Wife Donates A Kidney To Her Husband For Valentine's Day - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Wife Donates A Kidney To Her Husband For Valentine's Day (10882 Views)

Wife Accuses Lady Of Begging Her Husband For S*X.. Shares Screen Grab / Man Sells Kidney To Buy Engagement-Ring, Gets Dumped / Can You Donate Your Kidney To Your Lover? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wife Donates A Kidney To Her Husband For Valentine's Day by Goldie20: 6:00am On Feb 10, 2013
While some couples stare longingly at each other over candle-lit diners for Valentine's Day, James Jones and wife Melissa Degesso-Jones can exchange loving glances from across the operating room.

In the ultimate show of love, Melissa is giving her husband a kidney from Valentine's Day.

After a long period of suffering with renal failure, James was told that he needed a kidney transplant

Melissa happened to be a perfect match.

'There wasn't any reservation, or never did I fathom the ideal I wouldn't be,' she said. 'That's the funny part. I never thought, 'Oh, what if I don't match?' I just assumed I would.'

James said that to have his wife be a suitable donor was nothing short of a miracle.

Everything matched,' he said. 'It was just a gift from God.'

The pair will go into surgery Monday where Melissa's kidney will be transplanted to James at Florida Hospital.

'Melissa is making the rest of us look bad,' said Dr. Giridhar Vedula, a multi-organ transplant surgeon. 'Most of us buy an expensive box of candy and call it a day, but this girl is just something phenomenal.'

Now the pressure's on James to find any gift that could measure up

It's one of those things where I'll continue to reciprocate this for the rest of my life, because you'll never be able to give her anything that's going to be able to match life,' he told Orlando's News 13.

For Melissa, Valentine's Day is about 'giving as much love as I have.'

It's completely from my heart. James has said things to me about it being a huge sacrifice, and I said, 'It's not; it's an investment. This is our life. It's not just your life that I'm giving, too. There can't be an 'us' without it.' So, that's what it's about.'

As if all this weren't romantic enough, guess what day the happy couple met for the first time two years ago?

Yep. Valentine's Day

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2275967/Its-giving-love-I-Wife-donates-kidney-husband-Valentines-Day.html#ixzz2KT9o3SaH

3 Likes

Re: Wife Donates A Kidney To Her Husband For Valentine's Day by masterpiecer(m): 6:22am On Feb 10, 2013
The guy dare not break her heart o, cos if he does, she will ask 4 her kidney back undecided
Re: Wife Donates A Kidney To Her Husband For Valentine's Day by Nobody: 6:29am On Feb 10, 2013
masterpiecer: The guy dare not break her heart o, cos if he does, she will ask 4 her kidney back undecided

This happened before in fact.
Re: Wife Donates A Kidney To Her Husband For Valentine's Day by FXKing2012(m): 6:39am On Feb 10, 2013
Now this is what I call true love, not all these yeye girls running around looking for whom to buy them val gift

7 Likes

Re: Wife Donates A Kidney To Her Husband For Valentine's Day by ayobase(m): 7:16am On Feb 10, 2013
FXKing2012: Now this is what I call true love, not all these yeye girls running around looking for whom to buy them val gift

That's between husband and wife, not boyfriend and girlfriend!

Even some bfs and gfs still make sacrifice....where love abounds.....

3 Likes

Re: Wife Donates A Kidney To Her Husband For Valentine's Day by Nobody: 9:20am On Feb 10, 2013
True Love... Ladies, Can You see your fellow Lady.??

She dint give Boxers and Singlet

1 Like

Re: Wife Donates A Kidney To Her Husband For Valentine's Day by topsonkay(m): 9:25am On Feb 10, 2013
Funny
Re: Wife Donates A Kidney To Her Husband For Valentine's Day by oniwo(m): 9:27am On Feb 10, 2013
Bimfo: True Love... Ladies, Can You see your fellow Ladies.??

She dint give Boxers and Singlet

Say na boxer & singlet your lady buy for you. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Wife Donates A Kidney To Her Husband For Valentine's Day by codeworks(m): 9:27am On Feb 10, 2013
I can fall in love now
Re: Wife Donates A Kidney To Her Husband For Valentine's Day by freecocoa(f): 9:28am On Feb 10, 2013
Good woman, God bless her and give them life.

I'd love to believe that many women will do same for their husbands.

2 Likes

Re: Wife Donates A Kidney To Her Husband For Valentine's Day by whealthy(m): 9:28am On Feb 10, 2013
if Naija girl give you kidney, you don give her your brain+one lung before.

3 Likes

Re: Wife Donates A Kidney To Her Husband For Valentine's Day by princemolak(m): 9:31am On Feb 10, 2013
What a Senseless Woman she is?

2 Likes

Re: Wife Donates A Kidney To Her Husband For Valentine's Day by Popowaa: 9:32am On Feb 10, 2013
Want a man who do same for me
Re: Wife Donates A Kidney To Her Husband For Valentine's Day by tomzman: 9:33am On Feb 10, 2013
Now this is what I call true love.
Re: Wife Donates A Kidney To Her Husband For Valentine's Day by simongonner: 9:37am On Feb 10, 2013
for all those asking the best gift to give on val bla bla,hope u ve seen the best gift? So go out dere and share one of ur kidney to those who needs it
Re: Wife Donates A Kidney To Her Husband For Valentine's Day by FXKing2012(m): 9:39am On Feb 10, 2013
princemolak: What a Senseless Woman she is?
what a senseless human being u are

3 Likes

Re: Wife Donates A Kidney To Her Husband For Valentine's Day by Bablows06(m): 9:41am On Feb 10, 2013
Interesting the aura of mystery sorrund them .
Re: Wife Donates A Kidney To Her Husband For Valentine's Day by Nobody: 9:42am On Feb 10, 2013
FXKing2012:
what a senseless human being u are

Chairman, ah Knack you +1 like for this Comment... grin

2 Likes

Re: Wife Donates A Kidney To Her Husband For Valentine's Day by FXKing2012(m): 9:50am On Feb 10, 2013
Bimfo:

Chairman, ah Knack you +1 like for this Comment... grin
same here
Re: Wife Donates A Kidney To Her Husband For Valentine's Day by Nobody: 9:51am On Feb 10, 2013
Ewwwwww! Touching!

1 Like

Re: Wife Donates A Kidney To Her Husband For Valentine's Day by ignis: 9:52am On Feb 10, 2013
masterpiecer: The guy dare not break her heart o, cos if he does, she will ask 4 her kidney back undecided
I don't think the man can ever try that.
Re: Wife Donates A Kidney To Her Husband For Valentine's Day by greatgod2012(f): 9:52am On Feb 10, 2013
princemolak: What a Senseless Woman she is?

you think everybody will be like you....selfish and senseless, not knowing d real meaning of love, only after materials you can get from another person.....smh for you.

@ post, this is real love in action, not chocolate and candy love.

1 Like

Re: Wife Donates A Kidney To Her Husband For Valentine's Day by greatgod2012(f): 9:53am On Feb 10, 2013
God bless d woman and may the operation be successful in Jesus name.

3 Likes

Re: Wife Donates A Kidney To Her Husband For Valentine's Day by blackbeau1(f): 9:55am On Feb 10, 2013
Now.that's a real Valentine present.
Re: Wife Donates A Kidney To Her Husband For Valentine's Day by Nobody: 9:55am On Feb 10, 2013
greatgod2012:

you think everybody will be like you....selfish and senseless, not knowing d real meaning of love, only after materials you can get from another person.....smh for you.

@ post, this is real love in action, not chocolate and candy love.

And what are you after by the way you Are speaking?? **SMH** grin
Re: Wife Donates A Kidney To Her Husband For Valentine's Day by ELVIKING(m): 9:55am On Feb 10, 2013
See y its good to marry 4 luv n not money or beauty. Everything go just dey match for una life, kidney, lungs, happiness, even... Infact every.

3 Likes

Re: Wife Donates A Kidney To Her Husband For Valentine's Day by Nobody: 9:58am On Feb 10, 2013
freecocoa: Good woman, God bless her and give them life.

I'd love to believe that many women will do same for their husbands.

Real Woman talking Here... cheesy
Re: Wife Donates A Kidney To Her Husband For Valentine's Day by FXKing2012(m): 10:01am On Feb 10, 2013
Wish I could get a woman willing to give me a piece of her for love, or do I?
Re: Wife Donates A Kidney To Her Husband For Valentine's Day by dridowu: 10:03am On Feb 10, 2013
True still exist
Re: Wife Donates A Kidney To Her Husband For Valentine's Day by Nobody: 10:03am On Feb 10, 2013
FXKing2012: Now this is what I call true love, not all these yeye girls running around looking for whom to buy them val gift
Thank u my bro
Re: Wife Donates A Kidney To Her Husband For Valentine's Day by honeeyplum(f): 10:05am On Feb 10, 2013
Nice one....true love indeed
Re: Wife Donates A Kidney To Her Husband For Valentine's Day by greatgod2012(f): 10:05am On Feb 10, 2013
Bimfo:

And what are you after by the way you Are speaking?? **SMH** grin

are you ok?
You must be high on weed.
Kpele, since you lack simple comprehension.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Tell That Your Crush Likes You Back / Please Help My Sex Life / I Love Her But She's Already In A Relationship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.