Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,268 members, 7,815,447 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:37 PM

Lagos To Build Inner City Roads This Year - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos To Build Inner City Roads This Year (8477 Views)

The Inner Streets Of Aba Are Becoming Relatively Neater_pics / Inside Details Of How Buhari Chased SSS Away From Inner Aso Rock - Premium Times / Tambuwal Pix Remains on Nat Assem Front Page/returned Back To Reps Inner Webpage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos To Build Inner City Roads This Year by Nobody: 5:45pm On Feb 11, 2013
Ejiné: Wait... He's seriously pursuing this cable car thing? grin
And all this while I thought the Rivers Monorail and Ogun Air-Conditioned bridge were the greatest white elephants of this generation.
are you thinking what am thinking?
Re: Lagos To Build Inner City Roads This Year by userlist(f): 5:47pm On Feb 11, 2013
Please Nigerians, leave this Bance guy alone.
God created him this way after all nobody is perfect.
I feel bad to read people dissing another fellow human this way.
Re: Lagos To Build Inner City Roads This Year by Nobody: 5:51pm On Feb 11, 2013
userlist: Please Nigerians, leave this Bance guy alone.
God created him this way after all nobody is perfect.
I feel bad to read people dissing another fellow human this way.
He's on nairaland
Re: Lagos To Build Inner City Roads This Year by Nobody: 5:53pm On Feb 11, 2013
unforgiven: bance
Sea weed
Re: Lagos To Build Inner City Roads This Year by brownlord: 5:53pm On Feb 11, 2013
pekelepekele: Lagos to do this , Lagos to do that . We need Lagos have done this and that

Gbam i don tire for nig polithiefcians, wetin i won dey here now, in past tense, no be future forever tense
Re: Lagos To Build Inner City Roads This Year by ogedanny: 5:54pm On Feb 11, 2013
good one from fashola...!
Re: Lagos To Build Inner City Roads This Year by mikeapollo: 5:55pm On Feb 11, 2013
Nonsense!

How many inner roads has be built in 6 years? Then all of a sudden, he wants to build 100 roads in 1 year! From where?
Deceiving then people for 2015.
Only lazy thinker and potential fools would believe this heartless and clueless governor.
Re: Lagos To Build Inner City Roads This Year by 2sexycom(m): 6:06pm On Feb 11, 2013
hhhheeehhheee
Re: Lagos To Build Inner City Roads This Year by earthgreeners(m): 6:17pm On Feb 11, 2013
mikeapollo: Nonsense!

How many inner roads has be built in 6 years? Then all of a sudden, he wants to build 100 roads in 1 year! From where?
Deceiving then people for 2015.
Only lazy thinker and potential fools would believe this heartless and clueless governor.

Villager
Re: Lagos To Build Inner City Roads This Year by Chimezie250(m): 6:34pm On Feb 11, 2013
earthgreeners:

You are right bro....
from Ogunlana to Odo-Eran axis
even olayinka str,ronke str,ola market etc de man is trying
Re: Lagos To Build Inner City Roads This Year by teskyg: 6:45pm On Feb 11, 2013
@ Sheye2007,u got me cracking my ribs.But na true oh.am driving through Oshodi now and it is riddled with Pot holes with no sign of road construction.
Re: Lagos To Build Inner City Roads This Year by Nobody: 6:51pm On Feb 11, 2013
teskyg: @ Sheye2007,u got me cracking my ribs.But na true oh.am driving through Oshodi now and it is riddled with Pot holes with no sign of road construction.
You must be a reckless driver to be driving and posting on nairaland @ d same time.
Re: Lagos To Build Inner City Roads This Year by grafikii: 7:01pm On Feb 11, 2013
In ejigbo alone. rainbow avenue, idimu - ejigbo, oke afa- ajao estate with flyover,
Re: Lagos To Build Inner City Roads This Year by Mogidi: 7:03pm On Feb 11, 2013
On the Blue line of the Lagos Light Rail Mass transit project, the governor said “we are now at a point where we have started laying the rail tracks from the section from Eric Moore going to Mile 2. There is still work to be done including crossing the Lagoon and bringing the train and the system ultimately to Marina but I am happy that things have not remained as they were last year and we have moved them forward.”

Did anyone not tell this re.tard that things were not supposed to remain static if you have a dynamic and functioning government? I hate it when Fashola beat his chest to announce even more new projects. Its always talk and more talk, by the time he leaves office this cretin would be boasting billions.
Re: Lagos To Build Inner City Roads This Year by adetwin(m): 7:36pm On Feb 11, 2013
let them finish the uncompleted roads first before using road projects to campaign for 2015 undecided
Re: Lagos To Build Inner City Roads This Year by OmoTier1(m): 7:41pm On Feb 11, 2013
Mogidi:

Did anyone not tell this re.tard that things were not supposed to remain static if you have a dynamic and functioning government? I hate it when Fashola beat his chest to announce even more new projects. Its always talk and more talk, by the time he leaves office this cretin would be boasting billions.
@bold.. enemy of progress wink Why would anyone hate new projects being commissioned in areas that need it the most?
Re: Lagos To Build Inner City Roads This Year by 76Naira(m): 7:42pm On Feb 11, 2013
amiskurie: To evade the second toll-gate along ajah/lekki express,he already built a modern one behind chevron.

Have you driven through that maze?
Re: Lagos To Build Inner City Roads This Year by OmoTier1(m): 7:43pm On Feb 11, 2013
adetwin: let them finish the uncompleted roads first before using road projects to campaign for 2015 undecided
If a road has been awarded and the funds are there to complete it, why cant He move on to other areas where more roads are needed? The money is there, the leadership is there, what else do you need?
Re: Lagos To Build Inner City Roads This Year by HezronLorraine(m): 7:54pm On Feb 11, 2013
Dts welcoming if only action is put into dse words.i think someone mentioned d state of roads in ayobo,last time i went to dt place,it was only graded,no concrete or coal tar.dre's a new trend in lagos now,road construction companies now extend dre service on roads now,dy now leave d road after grading it 4 months which deteriorates and becomes messy and inpassable by flood,d lagos govt needs to act on ds tns and be effective in new roads.
Re: Lagos To Build Inner City Roads This Year by Mogidi: 8:02pm On Feb 11, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
@bold.. enemy of progress wink Why would anyone hate new projects being commissioned in areas that need it the most?

See this mumu
Re: Lagos To Build Inner City Roads This Year by ayotolah: 8:37pm On Feb 11, 2013
Ejiné:

198 roads were drawn and painted on a drawing book that is found somewhere in Lagos, so I guess he's right to say they were built in Lagos.

I think it is better to sometimes read posts and not make comments than to start writting gibberish stuff here. I'm not a fan of any political party but in my LCDA, two roads were tarred last year, Clem Road and Ajala Road; and I heard Meiran Road is also under construction(Ojokoro LCDA).I don't know about other areas sha o but for u to implied that he did nothing at all, I don't understand. So please, leave Fashola alone. If you are criticising, please do that objectively and constructively!
Re: Lagos To Build Inner City Roads This Year by hollandis(f): 9:00pm On Feb 11, 2013
ayotolah:

I think it is better to sometimes read posts and not make comments than to start writting gibberish stuff here. I'm not a fan of any political party but in my LCDA, two roads were tarred last year, Clem Road and Ajala Road; and I heard Meiran Road is also under construction(Ojokoro LCDA).I don't know about other areas sha o but for u to implied that he did nothing at all, I don't understand. So please, leave Fashola alone. If you are criticising, please do that objectively and constructively!
olodo ,2 roads were tarred .Is it an achievement.mtcheww
Re: Lagos To Build Inner City Roads This Year by Rhino5dm: 9:30pm On Feb 11, 2013
The usual culprits are crying more than the bereaved. This is nothing but pure envy and jealousy. 95% of those posting on this thread are not from southwest. pathetic.

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Build Inner City Roads This Year by jaymichael(m): 9:47pm On Feb 11, 2013
kannymoore: Erm... Has anyone seen a tarred road in Ayobo before?...i mean, in their entire lives!

Just asking... Cos i havent seen any!
those are the areas they should try and developed. not areas that are already ok. Lekki, vi, Ikoyi, ikeja, surulere, etc etc... anything Lagos wants to build or introduce, you must hear those aforementioned areas. these "EKO ONI BAJE" people should try and develop the hintherlands too.

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Build Inner City Roads This Year by naja2: 10:36pm On Feb 11, 2013
For God sake haters! For the upteenth time Fashola is not the reason why ur govs are not performing okay! Rather than stay in Lagos and curse Fashola everyday why not go home and elect the best amongst urselves to rule you rather than allow fraudsters and clueless morons rule you and then attempt to blame Fashola fir ur low fluid count! Haters Pls in Gods name just mention one just one gov better than fashola
Re: Lagos To Build Inner City Roads This Year by ayotolah: 10:52pm On Feb 11, 2013
hollandis:

Greater Olodo, don't you understand English? SMH. U carry another person load for head put ur own for hand, what a pity!
Re: Lagos To Build Inner City Roads This Year by dabossman(m): 11:31pm On Feb 11, 2013
hollandis:

If you lived in such neighbourhoods for donkey years without anything being done and severe damage has been done to your car over the years, believe me one tarred road will be an achievement. The innercity roads in and around Egbeda/Akowonjo are constantly rehabilitated and properly maintained. When potholes appear, they are quickly filled up. it's not always about building new roads sometimes but even maintaining the ones you have.

And for those who say nothing was done last year, have you been to Surulere lately? Take a trip to Bode Thomas and see what has been done. Ijesha, Aguda and Itire are other locations you can check.

Yes there is a lot to be done, but do you seriously think all the roads in Lagos can be repaired at the same time? How then will we move around if all the roads are under construction at the same time?
Re: Lagos To Build Inner City Roads This Year by dealordea(m): 11:47pm On Feb 11, 2013
And yet, money is spent on monthly basis to patch roads which were supposed to be a long term usuage!! Who is deceiving who?? Tuale baba 70(seriously. You've said it all, our goverment tell the whitemen, my people are senseless, my people are useless and my people are indicipline) and seriously, the educated one are advocating such... Naija, na fools una go for ever be.. Na last we dey carry nobi first...
Re: Lagos To Build Inner City Roads This Year by specco(m): 11:53pm On Feb 11, 2013
Most of the roads being reconstructed are in Surulere , Aguda and Ijesha. What of OKota roads? There's no single passable road in the whole of OKota .My question is : IS OKOTA NOT A PART OF LAGOS? What a neglect. All the inner roads in that place are a nightmare.Particularly Bayo Oyewale street. it is horrible to ply this road when it rains. Please Governor Fashola should come to the aid of Okata residents

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Build Inner City Roads This Year by corrall(f): 12:09am On Feb 12, 2013
AJAH!!!!!!!

Please Fashola should look into creating a new road that goes in and out of lekki Ajah axis...it will help a whole lot. The road has been under construction for the past 3-4 years. It's crazy.
Re: Lagos To Build Inner City Roads This Year by EkoIle1: 12:09am On Feb 12, 2013
specco: Most of the roads being reconstructed are in Surulere , Aguda and Ijesha. What of OKota roads? There's no single passable road in the whole of OKota .My question is : IS OKOTA NOT A PART OF LAGOS? What a neglect. All the inner roads in that place are a nightmare.Particularly Bayo Oyewale street. it is horrible to ply this road when it rains. Please Governor Fashola should come to the aid of Okata residents

Ago-Okota Palace-Way Road Construction By LASG (Pics)

https://www.nairaland.com/1025985/ago-okota-palace-way-road-construction-lasg

www.nairaland.com/attachments/797142_Area_closer_to_Ago_junction_jpg70830152b1f0746bb91fd50e8772e2fd

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/797144_Alli-dada_area_jpgff18be1b6a59ca8ebcc62353476735a1[/img]

www.nairaland.com/attachments/797145_Ago_junction_again_jpg34a14f8fc87eb814679687a6f6d564e7

www.nairaland.com/attachments/797146_A_completed_portion_of_the_road_jpgbdec884dbee20667188041a014a8258e

www.nairaland.com/attachments/797147_A_closer_look_at_the_road_jpgba755251d54876424c684d052b730835
Re: Lagos To Build Inner City Roads This Year by Nobody: 1:06am On Feb 12, 2013
Ejiné: Wait... He's seriously pursuing this cable car thing? grin
And all this while I thought the Rivers Monorail and Ogun Air-Conditioned bridge were the greatest white elephants of this generation.

Air-conditioned bridge?! Haha, I laugh in Igbo grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Enugu State Emergency Agency Says No Cause For Alarm Over Gas Leak / FG Reduces Cost Of Importing Food By $2bn / Femi Adesina Commends Nigerians For Prayers, Goodwill To President Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.