Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,231 members, 7,815,311 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:36 AM

Lagos To Build Inner City Roads This Year - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos To Build Inner City Roads This Year (8476 Views)

The Inner Streets Of Aba Are Becoming Relatively Neater_pics / Inside Details Of How Buhari Chased SSS Away From Inner Aso Rock - Premium Times / Tambuwal Pix Remains on Nat Assem Front Page/returned Back To Reps Inner Webpage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos To Build Inner City Roads This Year by koruji(m): 2:47am On Feb 12, 2013
Yes, so what?
I guess, the curse on development that you are, you prefer people who have nothing to show!

KGB2008: Rubbish.Seeking attention for 2015.
Re: Lagos To Build Inner City Roads This Year by koruji(m): 2:50am On Feb 12, 2013
U must be living in siberia not to see Lagos' completed projects.
How does first suspension bridge in WA sound?

brownlord:

Gbam i don tire for nig polithiefcians, wetin i won dey here now, in past tense, no be future forever tense
Re: Lagos To Build Inner City Roads This Year by kannymoore(m): 4:23am On Feb 12, 2013
nl.official:

cheesy grin grin grin. LMAO.

Fashola doesn't know that city. By the way, has camp davies road been tarred? That road is usually hellish during rainy season.

Camp Davies?? TARRED!!!?

I laff in Ibibio!!!

I dunno of any roads in lagos thats worse than the roads in ayobo. Last year October, i saw TWO KEKE MARWA CAPSIZED (sorry i cant find a more appropriate word to describe the scenario) one by one they entered a pothole (or what should be called a CRATER instead) and while trying to navigate their way out, na so dem went belly-up and vomitted all their passengers dem.

Twas truly a sight to behold...i no go lie..laff wan kill me die dat day!
Re: Lagos To Build Inner City Roads This Year by nlofficial(m): 5:16am On Feb 12, 2013
kannymoore:

Camp Davies?? TARRED!!!?

I laff in Ibibio!!!

I dunno of any roads in lagos thats worse than the roads in ayobo. Last year October, i saw TWO KEKE MARWA CAPSIZED (sorry i cant find a more appropriate word to describe the scenario) one by one they entered a pothole (or what should be called a CRATER instead) and while trying to navigate their way out, na so dem went belly-up and vomitted all their passengers dem.

Twas truly a sight to behold...i no go lie..laff wan kill me die dat day!

LMAO. Funny story but sad.

The road that leads to Ayobo city directly after International Bible Training Center (IBTC). I think the name is called Camp Davies Road. And it's Muddy.

I used to ply the road during 2007-2009, All I can say is WOW! The experiences were not good rara on that road.
Re: Lagos To Build Inner City Roads This Year by romanlaw(m): 5:24am On Feb 12, 2013
Tell that to your follow foLlow ACN people. Ago Palace way road, Okota has bin a mess and nothing has bin done considering that its a link road for Apapa to Ejigbo, Ikotun etc. Lie lie Governor.
Re: Lagos To Build Inner City Roads This Year by EkoIle1: 5:30am On Feb 12, 2013
Re: Lagos To Build Inner City Roads This Year by romanlaw(m): 5:36am On Feb 12, 2013
ayotolah:

I think it is better to sometimes read posts and not make comments than to start writting gibberish stuff here. I'm not a fan of any political party but in my LCDA, two roads were tarred last year, Clem Road and Ajala Road; and I heard Meiran Road is also under construction(Ojokoro LCDA).I don't know about other areas sha o but for u to implied that he did nothing at all, I don't understand. So please, leave Fashola alone. If you are criticising, please do that objectively and constructively!

Fashola's Problem is that he talks too much and more than he has done. Journalism leadership. I have a house in Ago Palace Way, the roads are d worst all ovver Lagos. Last 2yrs this tifnubu's constr coy : CCECC envaded the area with tractors , my bro 2yrs later nothing has bin done. Pls come and see for urself, hold up alone will expose the already existing madness hidden inside u.
Re: Lagos To Build Inner City Roads This Year by romanlaw(m): 5:44am On Feb 12, 2013
Eko Ile:

Ago-Okota Palace-Way Road Construction By LASG (Pics)

https://www.nairaland.com/1025985/ago-okota-palace-way-road-construction-lasg

www.nairaland.com/attachments/797142_Area_closer_to_Ago_junction_jpg70830152b1f0746bb91fd50e8772e2fd

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/797144_Alli-dada_area_jpgff18be1b6a59ca8ebcc62353476735a1[/img]

www.nairaland.com/attachments/797145_Ago_junction_again_jpg34a14f8fc87eb814679687a6f6d564e7
www.nairaland.com/attachments/797146_A_completed_portion_of_the_road_jpgbdec884dbee20667188041a014a8258e

www.nairaland.com/attachments/797147_A_closer_look_at_the_road_jpgba755251d54876424c684d052b730835

You can't decieve us with this picture. This picture was taken in August last year and honestly since then the roads has bin abandoned. And moreover the above pix are just btw okota roundabout and century bus stop which is just like 3-4 bustops, I dare u to take pix from Century Bus stop to the Ago link bridge which convers over 8 Bus stops. I dare u! Especially opposite AP filling Station. I pray I'll have the courage to go tru there while coming back from work today to be able to take pix. Pls don't deceieve us with that old pix, show us a current pix and let us compare it with the former. Fashola has failed and that my personal opinion.
Re: Lagos To Build Inner City Roads This Year by olabukola: 6:08am On Feb 12, 2013
^ So true my brother, From Century to Ap gas station is hell and the inner roads are hell fire. God is watching all nigerian politicians on 3D.

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Build Inner City Roads This Year by EkoIle1: 6:48am On Feb 12, 2013
romanlaw:

You can't decieve us with this picture. This picture was taken in August last year and honestly since then the roads has bin abandoned. And moreover the above pix are just btw okota roundabout and century bus stop which is just like 3-4 bustops, I dare u to take pix from Century Bus stop to the Ago link bridge which convers over 8 Bus stops. I dare u! Especially opposite AP filling Station. I pray I'll have the courage to go tru there while coming back from work today to be able to take pix. Pls don't deceieve us with that old pix, show us a current pix and let us compare it with the former. Fashola has failed and that my personal opinion.

1. From the pic posted, there are cars going up and down that road.

2. The uncompleted part you are talking about was not abandoned, work was halted because of litigation against the state by the same people living on that on that road because of compensation demands. Many properties along that road got to go for any work to be done.

Fashola also explained that the factors that necessitated the slow pace of work in Ago Palace Way, Okota, Isolo had been removed as owners of properties on right-of-way, who went to courts to stop the government from demolishing their properties, had agreed to an out-of-court settlement

Fashola assured the residents that with the owners agreeing to accept compensation from the government, the pace of road construction in the area would be faster.

He said, “The community has grown, so we have to expand the road. At Ago Palace Way, some of the properties needed to give way; everybody wants good road, but nobody wants it to pass through his house, so some of the owners took us to court. But we have settled out of court and we need to pay compensation.

“These are the things that residents do not see. I have heard complaints that the work is slow; some say the contractor has left; but the reason is that a citizen took us to court.”

He said works would be accelerated to complete the expansion of the road expected to serve as a link between Okota and Festac areas.http://www.punchng.com/news/lagos-light-railll-be-ready-in-june-fashola/

Many of you just run your mouth and spew fallacies, but you really have no clue..
Re: Lagos To Build Inner City Roads This Year by seanet01: 7:02am On Feb 12, 2013
Ibos self.
Bad belle dey worry this Country side people.
Re: Lagos To Build Inner City Roads This Year by stepone(m): 8:09am On Feb 12, 2013
KGB2008: Rubbish.Seeking attention for 2015.

KGB 2008[b] you are still living in the past. Open your eyes, this is 2013.
F**lishly seeking attention.
Re: Lagos To Build Inner City Roads This Year by beezman(m): 8:18am On Feb 12, 2013
some streets in my area(opebi)have been tarred including mine.on some they just fill up the holes.
Re: Lagos To Build Inner City Roads This Year by wobintin: 8:37am On Feb 12, 2013
BRF govt is trying but there is need for more improvement. Bariga-Ladi Lak-Pedro-Palm groove -Onipan Road is so bad. The road is becoming unbearable by the day. Even an ordinary bicycle will feel the uncountable pot holes on the road. It seems LASG has neglected the people of that community despite the promise made by the ACN party flag bearer during last election. Too bad!
Re: Lagos To Build Inner City Roads This Year by Nobody: 9:13am On Feb 12, 2013
kannymoore: Erm... Has anyone seen a tarred road in Ayobo before?...i mean, in their entire lives!

Just asking... Cos i havent seen any!
. That place na write off. Dnt deserve d vote of Tinubu boys again.
Re: Lagos To Build Inner City Roads This Year by nlofficial(m): 9:38am On Feb 12, 2013
romanlaw:

Eko Ile just buried your head in shame. I know Ago-Palace Way and I can testify to the demolition of the shops/buildings.

I myself have been wondering what happened and why they were so slow. Now I know.

My advice, next time, don't be be quick to jump to conclusion without findings.
Re: Lagos To Build Inner City Roads This Year by bashydemy(m): 10:48am On Feb 12, 2013
pekelepekele: Lagos to do this , Lagos to do that . We need Lagos have done this and that
That was the same way your clueless at the central keep promising mega watts and we see nada
Re: Lagos To Build Inner City Roads This Year by romanlaw(m): 10:50am On Feb 12, 2013
Eko Ile:

2. The uncompleted part you are talking about was not abandoned, work was halted because of litigation against the state by the same people living on that on that road because of compensation demands. Many properties along that road got to go for any work to be done.

[b]

Many of you just run your mouth and spew fallacies, but you really have no clue..

My brother, Lie Lie! Fashola don lie oh! There's nothing like slow pace, the workers left the sight since August last year. I live there and I am a landlord. Y won't govt pay compensation? Most of the landlords that have houses on the road are old men that depend on the houses as income. BUT IF ITS IKOYI, V.I, IKEJA etc they'll pay the compensation without hestitation.
Re: Lagos To Build Inner City Roads This Year by brownlolly(m): 10:54am On Feb 12, 2013
Before I left home in January, Arab contractors was building new roads on college road towards Haruna and Oyemekun around Ogba area. Kayode Street Drainages had also been constructed and work had started on the roads. So yes, Lagos is working.
Re: Lagos To Build Inner City Roads This Year by lukaino(m): 11:05am On Feb 12, 2013
kannymoore: Erm... Has anyone seen a tarred road in Ayobo before?...i mean, in their entire lives!

Just asking... Cos i havent seen any!

You took this question off my mouth. This government is busy working in place which are already opened up like Surulere, Yaba, Ikeja, etc whereas there are places in Alimosho such as Ayobo, Igesu & Co who have never seen anything called tarred road all their lives.the closest tarred road they can see is the one at Ipaja which also is dilapidated(though under construction at the moment).Lagos state Government must stop pretending that there are no rural areas in Lagos. There are still many Villages in lagos which lack access roads and these areas are densely populated and as such become the beehive of activities during electioneering campaigns. Give attention to Alimosho the most populated local government in Lagos state. Eko o nibaje o!
Re: Lagos To Build Inner City Roads This Year by bashydemy(m): 11:14am On Feb 12, 2013
Yes Lagos is working and Fashola is trying i swear, some eediots are here just trying to bring him down with the mouth, Well there are lots of proof here with the tared roads. I know about the Ajala road and Clem road at the janakra powerline, Also another road linking Agbado junction to Alakuko. There is another road from Salolo bus stop liking to the the same Clem road, I never have problem visiting my Dad at Abiok anymore. there another road opposite Oba Lanbe palace, Another at the Amje bust stop linking to Baale Animashaun road in Alakuko. There is another road from Moshalashi bus stop along old Otta road. I stay in Cotonou but when ever i visit Nigeria i always use those roads and am highly impress. Good Fashola.
Re: Lagos To Build Inner City Roads This Year by prost80(m): 1:32pm On Feb 12, 2013
Fashola is doing a good job. People should realise Lagos has 9100 streets plus, with only about one-quarter have been tarred and out of that tarred percentage probably one third of that needs repair. The IGR is not enough to tar all the roads, so also the abiity to monitor all these projects, time and human constraints. Let us be honest with ourselves b4 1999 or even 2007 where we seeing roads tarred left and right , if we are honest we will know the answer is no. I am not saying we should not demand for roads, but let us be balanced and lets see one road at a time get complete.Then we move to the next road. Imagine if previous administration had been building 100 roads per year, what would Lagos have been like?
Re: Lagos To Build Inner City Roads This Year by prost80(m): 1:40pm On Feb 12, 2013
romanlaw:

My brother, Lie Lie! Fashola don lie oh! There's nothing like slow pace, the workers left the sight since August last year. I live there and I am a landlord. Y won't govt pay compensation? Most of the landlords that have houses on the road are old men that depend on the houses as income. BUT IF ITS IKOYI, V.I, IKEJA etc they'll pay the compensation without hestitation.

mr man, I am surprised you are a landlord because you are way too emotional to be a lanlord, they said court work stopped the work, or you want them to build while court orders a freeze, whats your problem? Probably they were disagreeing on the amount or value, these things happen.Shebi one part of the road has been completed, if they didnt want to do the road they would not have done anything. Mr man relax..wait till middle of the year then you can complain, as for now we were told in January that the road construction will resume, so hold your peace.
Re: Lagos To Build Inner City Roads This Year by watchinglagos: 2:39pm On Feb 13, 2013
Eko Ile:

[b]
On the bolded, it is really sad a particular set of people are hindering the progress of a road that connects many areas, making them waste hours in traffic. Same people will say government is not functioning

Re: Lagos To Build Inner City Roads This Year by romanlaw(m): 10:34am On Feb 17, 2013
nl.official:

Eko Ile just buried your head in shame. I know Ago-Palace Way and I can testify to the demolition of the shops/buildings.

I myself have been wondering what happened and why they were so slow. Now I know.
My advice, next time, don't be be quick to jump to conclusion without findings.

Shame for who? Me abi you? Eko Ile is obviously one of the ACN ass lickers. Running to their defence at any slightest opportunity. I guess you are not educated enough to notice the August date on her pix and since I demanded for a current pIx of Februuary 2013 she has disappered. I'v lived in Ago for nearly 15yrs now and also a member of the landlord association. So I know wat I am saying not ur Eko Ile who lives in the Eko Villlage.
Re: Lagos To Build Inner City Roads This Year by ikeyman00(m): 1:44pm On Feb 17, 2013
@@@@@

well it obvious now for some to see the light that the heavy taxation does not reflect on the quality of roads Fashola government is building

Lagosian stand up now!

to the igbos out there ask una gov wetin bi these useless roads in lagos

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dino's Certificate Saga: See How The Dean Students' Affair Of ABU Commented / Enugu State Emergency Agency Says No Cause For Alarm Over Gas Leak / FG Reduces Cost Of Importing Food By $2bn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.