Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,989 members, 7,821,447 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:05 PM

Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach - Sports (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach (61463 Views)

Oliseh Resigns As Super Eagles Coach! / Why I Removed Enyeama As Eagles Captain — Oliseh / Stephen Keshi Return Again To Lead Nigeria In Remaining Afcon Qualifiers. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by Rossikk(m): 8:09pm On Feb 11, 2013
tbaba1234: The reason westerhof lasted for that long was because he had a direct line to the presidency. The then NFA didn't joke with him.

Why was Amodu fired?? He fulfilled his part of the bargain twice and still got the boot....

The work environment has to be conducive. Preparing sack letters and booking return tickets only says to the coach that he is walking on very thin Ice. No one wants to work like that.

That said, i expect Keshi to stay because the presidency will intervene.

In fact I even like Keshi more now. This a big lesson for all Nigerians. Until you learn to attach the same value to your own people which you attach to white foreigners, you will never get anywhere as a people.
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by onila(f): 8:10pm On Feb 11, 2013
its not our fault we didnt believe nigeria cld beat CIV

super chickens have been a disappointment for sometime n thru out the group stage

1 Like

Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by onatisi(m): 8:10pm On Feb 11, 2013
Rossikk: HOW MUCH DID THEY PAY LAGERBACK??

THEY MUST PAY KESHI AT LEAST THAT AMOUNT OR HE SHOULD NOT SIGN!

IDIOTTSS!!
did keshi tell you he is resigning because of money?he knows nigerians will like to know the reason for his actions ,which is likely to expose cans of worms in the nff.
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by BodyKiss(m): 8:10pm On Feb 11, 2013
mmmustapha: Wetin concern me We hav already won d cup, he can go to hell

You and your like are ungrateful modafucker.
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by MahatmaGhandi: 8:11pm On Feb 11, 2013
if two million nigerians are viewing this thread then we have the perfect platform to start a social media campaign against the nff

1 Like

Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by Nobody: 8:13pm On Feb 11, 2013
Donmeca: Cowardice! What are his advisers thinking? GEJ will call him and ask NFF to get him a better condition of service? He can ask for that in a formal way not this blackmail.

The same way he was on d wings. . .waiting for Siasia to b sacked, that's how others were waiting for him to lose and b sacked and he didn't help matters with his first 3 matches. So he shudn't blame NFF for preparing a sack letter waiting for him to lose to CIV.

My advise: he shud go back to his job and negotiate for an improved contract. . .not blackmailing NFF cos d ovation seems to be loud and in his favour.
you're speaking too much grammer man!! Its a good move by him,good people can't last in our corrupt system.

1 Like

Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by kross01(m): 8:14pm On Feb 11, 2013
it pains me to the marrows when i read some very sorry responses people post here. What has pride get to do with this? Even if he's proud he rightly earned it! How long did nigeria wait for this trophy and how many coaches did they try? They finally get someone and get to type his dismissal letter even when he's still in the competition and actually went ahead to book their return flight and you expect him to 'party' with u? Does anyone here even know the extent that move would have gone to demoralise the players? NFF wanted some1 to build a team yet he wont be given the space. One thing i like about the man is his boldness, he should leave and never to come back, wheneva & if ever nigeria wants to build a team we'll know. Lest i forget, nigeria is not worth being patriotic, cos there is definitely nutyn to show for it; u'ld either be labelled religous or ethnic bigot, or even outrightly called unqualified. Project nigeria is a failed one!

5 Likes

Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by onatisi(m): 8:15pm On Feb 11, 2013
Mahatma Ghandi: if two million nigerians are viewing this thread then we have the perfect platform to start a social media campaign against the nff
that is exactly what keshi wants.he wants nigerians to know how decietful the nff is.but i think he is not taking the nigerian factor into consideration.this might spoil his plans
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by DoctorMcgruff: 8:18pm On Feb 11, 2013
I dont know what to think, on one hand i commend him leaving with his head held high, on the other i wish i could have seen him help the eagles Gel as they continue to grow, will the next coach have a different approach? It will certainly impact player selection and Tactics...
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by Monjerk: 8:18pm On Feb 11, 2013
On a serious note, if it true that nff has sent money or book their flight back immediately after ivory coast match, then I have no single blame for keshi, except otherwise.I rest my case.
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by dmcdad: 8:20pm On Feb 11, 2013
wundakind: omo 2million nigerians are currently viewing this thread!!!!!! Keshi what has gotten into u?? Thats one thing with NIGERIANS. PRIDE PRIDE PRIDE!!!
What are u saying This has nothing to do with pride. You should try to know what is happening under the hood before commenting... Smh
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by Tare55(m): 8:20pm On Feb 11, 2013
mmmustapha: listing 2 your self u bloody fool, educated illiterate wawa, jaki kawai
U are worse than him in reasoning, going by ur previous post!
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by Ayoko007: 8:21pm On Feb 11, 2013
What an honourable thing to do and at d right time.d NFF a bunches of pot bellies who. Politicise football in nigeria.d NFF should have waited for d dog to die befofe berrying.imagine,preparing for his dismisAl even before d codivoire game.I would do d same
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by fubbyy(m): 8:22pm On Feb 11, 2013
Donmeca: Cowardice! What are his advisers thinking? GEJ will call him and ask NFF to get him a better condition of service? He can ask for that in a formal way not this blackmail.

The same way he was on d wings. . .waiting for Siasia to b sacked, that's how others were waiting for him to lose and b sacked and he didn't help matters with his first 3 matches. So he shudn't blame NFF for preparing a sack letter waiting for him to lose to CIV.

My advise: he shud go back to his job and negotiate for an improved contract. . .not blackmailing NFF cos d ovation seems to be loud and in his favour.
kai.. Look @ what an adult is vomiting here, gosh.. Many people are not just intelligent @ all, that he didn't do well in the 1st 3 matches? Did he lose any of the 3 matches? Spainish government should've prepare sack letter for their coach after they lost their first match to Switzerland in 2010 world cup, (and they finally won the trophy)

Nigeria that didn't lost any match is what you are here saying we shouldn't blame NFF, some people no just get sense @ all

1 Like

Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by MahatmaGhandi: 8:22pm On Feb 11, 2013
onatisi:
that is exactly what keshi wants.he wants nigerians to know how decietful the nff is.but i think he is not taking the nigerian factor into consideration.this might spoil his plans

if osaze could get so much attention with his tweets i think we can do much more, maybe the change we seek in nigeria will start from the nff, we could do a hashtag thing on twitter like #operation over NFF, enough is enough
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by wisolf(m): 8:23pm On Feb 11, 2013
I think he's a coward scared of d greater challenge waitin 4 ahead
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by vicade(m): 8:23pm On Feb 11, 2013
Shuaibu Amodu qualified Naija for the World cup in 2010 and had a mandate to at least win bronze in the Nations cup at Angola 2010. What happened ? He was demoted to manage the Super Eagles 'B' Team cos we didn't win the tournament and Lars Lagerback was employed to take us to the world cup.

This NFF/NFA have some serious issues. They are Nigerias biggest problem when it comes to football affairs.

I'm with Keshi on this one. NFF would have sacked Sir Alex Fergusson last season.

1 Like

Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by Nobody: 8:23pm On Feb 11, 2013
b
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by emekatimsu(m): 8:23pm On Feb 11, 2013
HOnestly i dont blame him if he resigns. I can remember d stupid comment some guys wia making during Nigeria's second match at d just concluded AFCON.
I ws watching d match in a viewing center that day and some big fools that also cm to watch d match just like me where busy casting and abusing Keshi, some insisted he collected bribe from d local legs so as to feature them, some others where insisting that he mase a great mistake bringing local boys to a big tornament like AFCOn when the likes of osaze,taiye taiwo etc where available.
I w just saying to mysef while d arguemnt ws going on, if these fools can think ds way wot then will the bigger fools(NFF) be thinking.,
I dont blame him if he decides to step aside,nobody eva believed in him bt he hs proved hs worth.
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by FXKing2012(m): 8:24pm On Feb 11, 2013
I'm going to hack and crash NFF website right away as a mark of protest against the deranged eeeeeeediots running the football federation.
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by Nobody: 8:24pm On Feb 11, 2013
mmmustapha: Wetin concern me We hav already won d cup, he can go to hell
terrorist
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by Nosyke(m): 8:24pm On Feb 11, 2013
dmcdad:
Jeez!!!
Don't mind the guy, instead of him to be objective and take a swipe at the inept NFF, he is trying to tribalise the issue. Did anybody care if s/he was igbo, yoruba, hausa while celebrating yesterday?
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by gratiaeo(m): 8:25pm On Feb 11, 2013
durtman:
wats tribe in dis now fool did anyone mention tribe here na una sabi we will all see how it goes
Am not surprise, you have prove your self
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by ikeyman00(m): 8:25pm On Feb 11, 2013
@@@@@@@

onila(f): 8:10pm
its not our fault we didnt believe nigeria cld beat CIV

super chickens have been a disappointment for sometime n thru out the group stage

cout me out!

who are we?
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by pekelepekele(m): 8:27pm On Feb 11, 2013
KESHI IS NOT SERIOUS . HE DON GET MONEY NAH .,IF A MAN IS NOT ABUSED AT HIS WORKING PLACE WHERE ELSE SHOULD A MAN BE ABUSED
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by Abmalcom(m): 8:27pm On Feb 11, 2013
Not impressed at all! All na form. Mtcheew
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by Lasun(m): 8:28pm On Feb 11, 2013
Rossikk: HOW MUCH DID THEY PAY LAGERBACK??

THEY MUST PAY KESHI AT LEAST THAT AMOUNT OR HE SHOULD NOT SIGN!

IDIOTTSS!!
It is all about money (Typical Igbo sense), the guy wants to renovate his contract and he is going about it in a crude way, just finish reading China Achebe's ethnically bigoted memos on biafra. Igbos and money , nawao

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

What's Going On With Ronaldo And Juventus? / Why Footballers Get Cautioned When They Take Of Their Shirt To Celebrate A Goal? / Victor Osimhen's Inlaws Call Him Out Over Debts Of €69,000 & $439,000USD (vid)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.