Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,415 members, 7,819,489 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:07 PM

The Case About My Stolen Car Which I Found. - Car Talk (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Case About My Stolen Car Which I Found. (19024 Views)

My Stolen Mazda 626 Has Been Recovered By The Police / Stolen Car!!! Plsss Help / Stolen Car: Grey Toyota Camry 1997 Model @ Abule Egba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Case About My Stolen Car Which I Found. by stagger: 11:53am On Feb 15, 2013
FLORIDACAR: @Spider/ckenneth.., Remember that old proverb says " He that cannot ask cannot live." In a country such as ours (Nigeria) one should always ask Question why am I doing it?
Is any functioning judicial system? Nope! None. It's always who u know or matter of highest bidder..that get acquitted in our court of law. .. That been said it came to my first question
Why are u doing it" Why in the world risking your life and flogging a dead horse? If a guy could buy a stolen vehicle and ride freely in a city in a day light, do u think such a guy Is not bad enough to visit your house at dark of night? Leave it all for God and let it be. I lost 2 new/Tokunbo cars myself just last year in Nigeria in a day light at the gun point.. I was upset, I was mad, furious and down at same time. People went to police on my behalf and all that I told them I left it all for God. Because I know it's a jungle out there in Nigeria no justice for ordinary man. Why? I refuses to allow Nigeria police to turn me to cash cow. So my brother spider let the sleeping dogs lie.

Exactly my point. I have been in a police division in this Naija where someone who came to make a report had the case turned against him and he was thrown into the cell. On inquiry about what he did, the Inspector said and I quote verbatim:

"my friend, don't you know that the suspect can turn to a complainant and the complainant turn to a suspect?" And he was shouting angrily in the process.

That was when I lost total faith in the Nigerian Police. So OP, if a group who obviously stole your car, cleaned out the car history by changing the chassis number and other details, are riding the car openly and nothing has happened to them all this while, you better think hard whether anything or any property in this life is worth the effort. When God said we should leave vengeance for Him, he probably knew of what Naija will turn into when He said that.

1 Like

Re: The Case About My Stolen Car Which I Found. by dgitrader(m): 2:29pm On Sep 23, 2013
Re: The Case About My Stolen Car Which I Found. by Boss13: 1:06pm On Sep 26, 2013
how far with this case?
Re: The Case About My Stolen Car Which I Found. by emma2002(m): 6:06am On Apr 30, 2016
Re: The Case About My Stolen Car Which I Found. by emma2002(m): 6:07am On Apr 30, 2016
@ckenneths spyder880 how did this end please?
Re: The Case About My Stolen Car Which I Found. by spyder880(m): 6:19am On Apr 30, 2016
emma2002:
@ckenneths spyder880 how did this end please?

Friends and family advices that I abandon the matter. Of what use should a 23 year old car be to my new image. I allowed the matter to die in the police station.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Free Vin Check (www.autocheck.com.ng) / 5 Kinds Of Nigerian Drivers To Keep-0ff! / Number Plate: FRSC To Impound Vehicles Oct 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.