Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,770 members, 7,955,939 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 07:10 PM

The Case About My Stolen Car Which I Found. - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Case About My Stolen Car Which I Found. (19205 Views)

My Stolen Mazda 626 Has Been Recovered By The Police / Stolen Car!!! Plsss Help / Stolen Car: Grey Toyota Camry 1997 Model @ Abule Egba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Case About My Stolen Car Which I Found. by bashydemy(m): 1:48am On Feb 14, 2013
@OP that Chasis number JN10FPN13U0203790 is invalid so you have every right to claim your car, Go to this site http://www.decodethis.com/ to check any VIN and you will see that vin was incorect and the thief are not perfect. You can challenge the case in the court of law if you want to and am very sure you gonna win.

5 Likes

Re: The Case About My Stolen Car Which I Found. by sultaan(m): 2:07am On Feb 14, 2013
You can post your original vin # and they can decode that one too.

Compare the engine # and there should be another vin# on the doors and some other part of the car
Re: The Case About My Stolen Car Which I Found. by dapsonlou(m): 2:09am On Feb 14, 2013
ckenneths: Now the place am confused is this, Siena, Fhemmmy, inspired-m, and other gurus here, how can these people change the chasis number (or VIN) of a car so easily and it looks like this? What happened to mine, can I trace this number to a vessel, importer or any other help because the police have lost all ideas in this, that's the help I want.

have you ever consider this car might not be your stolen car?
Re: The Case About My Stolen Car Which I Found. by CyberG: 2:28am On Feb 14, 2013
Flyboy Zee: @ckenneths, e be like say you no know say old men dey follow your tori? Abi you no get old man picture for your house? My friend come & conclude jor make I know whether I still get hope for my own Nissan Sunny wey them gbab.

So VERY FUNNY!
Re: The Case About My Stolen Car Which I Found. by brabus(m): 2:31am On Feb 14, 2013
shocked @Spyder, you need to prove your case beyond reasonable doubt to convince the Nigerian Police.

@all and auto experts, pls help our friend decode the VIN.
Re: The Case About My Stolen Car Which I Found. by brabus(m): 2:49am On Feb 14, 2013
ckenneths: Now the place am confused is this, Siena, Fhemmmy, inspired-m, and other gurus here, how can these people change the chasis number (or VIN) of a car so easily and it looks like this? What happened to mine, can I trace this number to a vessel, importer or any other help because the police have lost all ideas in this, that's the help I want.

Bros, I fear boys for your locality o! However, that chassis plate looks like fake to me.
Re: The Case About My Stolen Car Which I Found. by Stancode(m): 2:56am On Feb 14, 2013
Nairalanders c as d igbo guy dey una into suspense
Re: The Case About My Stolen Car Which I Found. by shadyJ: 3:18am On Feb 14, 2013
Truckpusher: Continue hitting on my handle because you're too blind to see that my newest truck is far way better than that molue he's calling a car grin grin grin tongue
You, young man, are a fool
Re: The Case About My Stolen Car Which I Found. by Fhemmmy: 3:45am On Feb 14, 2013
[b]Chairman, i am so sorry for the loss and now not so sure what to say about the potential recovery . . . shocking to hear people insulting you about what kinda car you wanna recover and all that, my chairman, dont let that bother you, cos you worked hard for your money to buy the ride, so no matter what kinda car it is, it is yours.
Now, on the case of what you could, i would advice that you use the law to your advantage.
No need for anyone to tell you that the VIN there was not how it came with the car, mind you even in North America, they do Re-VIN a car, there are so many people that does that and that is the reason why i laff when people wanna make VIN the only source for buying a car . . . Though i never check the VIN report on that car, but from the plate you could tell that it was customized.
Chairman, if you have the ability to put the person behind bars, go ahead, but if your life is in danger, walk away cos we still need you for our business of Home building and learning oh.[/b]

5 Likes

Re: The Case About My Stolen Car Which I Found. by InvertedHammer: 5:28am On Feb 14, 2013

JN10FPN13U0203790

Invalid Vin#

1 Like

Re: The Case About My Stolen Car Which I Found. by waleolu7(m): 6:10am On Feb 14, 2013
Sorry to hear that Baba Spyder. I googled that Vehicle Identity Number(VIN) but it didn't come back with anything, it shows it has been tampered with. Try and google the one you've got on your document.
Re: The Case About My Stolen Car Which I Found. by edoyad(m): 6:57am On Feb 14, 2013
ebamma: u been dey use the car carry sand, abi u been dey use am carry firewood for people?,
your mate dey lose better jeep to armed robbers them no shake,na this molue were u come dey gyrate about

I know your kind, frustrated and angry at the world. Op didn't cause your problems.
Re: The Case About My Stolen Car Which I Found. by Nobody: 7:28am On Feb 14, 2013
InvertedHammer:
JN10FPN13U0203790

Invalid Vin#

How did you confirm it?
Re: The Case About My Stolen Car Which I Found. by ckenneths(m): 7:39am On Feb 14, 2013
Dear all, I just pulled out my car documents and tried to search for the VIN online and it shows invalid, maybe there is something am not typing right, please try these for me.

JNIOWYU11U0063988

Is it that I am mixing my o with zero, or I with 1 ?
Re: The Case About My Stolen Car Which I Found. by ckenneths(m): 7:41am On Feb 14, 2013
waleolu7: Sorry to hear that Baba Spyder. I googled that Vehicle Identity Number(VIN) but it didn't come back with anything, it shows it has been tampered with. Try and google the one you've got on your document.

Thanks my man, google can't find mine. I just posted it below.
Re: The Case About My Stolen Car Which I Found. by ckenneths(m): 7:42am On Feb 14, 2013
brabus: shocked @Spyder, you need to prove your case beyond reasonable doubt to convince the Nigerian Police.

@all and auto experts, pls help our friend decode the VIN.

Thanks man, I just posted mine so they can help me.
Re: The Case About My Stolen Car Which I Found. by Nobody: 8:15am On Feb 14, 2013
Oga spyder like Fhemmy said, free the matter. Live in peace you have been with all this while, knowing who stole it will only cause enmity. And remember I am yet to build my house and so much to still learn. Just let it be.
Re: The Case About My Stolen Car Which I Found. by Agbholahoor: 8:29am On Feb 14, 2013
call a friend to bring police b4 it is to late if the car should move u need to follow it and keep in touch with the police
Re: The Case About My Stolen Car Which I Found. by Nobody: 8:49am On Feb 14, 2013
This actually true bro,dont let them get away with it.Through ur investigation u might even help the police to reveal other atrocities committed by these fellows.If the car is theirs why should they run away.If u dont follow them up then u are helping the criminals win in this country.Success in ur search o
Re: The Case About My Stolen Car Which I Found. by Igwe9(m): 8:53am On Feb 14, 2013
ckenneths: Dear all, I just pulled out my car documents and tried to search for the VIN online and it shows invalid, maybe there is something am not typing right, please try these for me.

JNIOWYU11U0063988

Hi Spyder, there's no O and I in the Vin nos.
Re: The Case About My Stolen Car Which I Found. by Emperoh(m): 9:09am On Feb 14, 2013
Oga mi Spyda,

This is a very very complicated case in the sense that your evidence and proof of ownership can not be substantiated anywhere.
But i strongly believe one thing, if you start an investigation, the current owner will
have to trace the lines through which the car got to him. My opinion on the legal side will not really be strong since i am car dealer not a lawyer.
But in the event you need to pursue this case further, please get a Lawyer; they are the best persons to deal with the police and compel them to treat this case. The higher the Lawyer's profile is, the better. But then, cost wise, can you pursue it? Also bear in mind that there could be backlash from the primary culprits, so be more on your guards.

On the VIN thing, your car was made either in Europe or Dubai or the SA plant of Nissan; any of the three but the Europe plant is more like it. Hence, i believe there must be an identification pattern for cars manufactured in Europe. If this was assembled in USA or Canada, i am dead sure you will find a strong record linking you with ownership of the car. Even if it was 're-vinned' like Fhemmy said, there will be records with all the DMV offices through which its titles had been updated. That said, the main problem with Europe assembled cars especially with cars the age of this one in question is that you just get a car sticker with the car details on ONE SPOT or at most three. Unlike American cars, where the VIN numbers are etched all over the frame of the vehicle. The engine whether Europe or US could easily changed to another even if not, it is possible to erase the engine number on an engine block; dem dey do am for Coal Camp self. . . . . .so that's not your best bet.

So with your question, can VIN be swapped or erased? Yes, and very possible in cases where the etching was only in limited spots on the car frame.
Where this not to be so, it will be so hard for them find all the spots where the VINs where etched. But can your prove your case? I think it is possible but to be on a safe side, keep your chances at 50-50.

What i will suggest is, google this car type and make and do a thorough research. Possibly, join a forum of people with similar car and get a more than indepth knowledge of the car. This is to help you find possible hidden locations where the VIN number could have been written but not easily accessible for it to be changed. It could help you understand the car better and prepare you better for possible appearance in court.

If you can, approach Nissan, to see if there is any service they render in terms of tracing car history within their data base. This will help you find out if your was right or wrong. A possible scenario that i am assuming is such that; the VIN currently on the vehicle will be that of another Nissan bluebird. Hence, you will also need to prove that the current sticker on that car isn't for the car but was stamped on it to effect a seamless deal with subsequent buyers. So be on the look out for that. Another set of people to involve is Customs. They should tell us how the car came into the country. It should provide some direct evidence. Also check with the Motor Vehicle Administration agency in the state the car was registered in. Check the two VINs and i am dead sure some records will come up.

Try these few ideas and let's see what comes of it.

2 Likes

Re: The Case About My Stolen Car Which I Found. by cecegorz(m): 9:16am On Feb 14, 2013
Oga Spyder,
From your narratives, it's clear from the action of the guy you saw the car with, that he wasn't an innocent buyer of a stolen car.
Besides seeing the VIN is just on an attached plate, it could easily have been replaced with a random one from old spare junk yard.
One clear thing here is that both the police and the law courts may not have the resources to do a proper investigations. I even doubt if electronically sourced documents (VIN report) is admissible in the courts yet.
Now, unfortunately too, they just wrecked the car.
This time I think you should sit down and count the cost of pursuing the case and recovering a wrecked car. I know how it feels, it could probably be your first car and with the emotions, hard to let go.
But then it's up to you.
Re: The Case About My Stolen Car Which I Found. by honmusa(m): 9:19am On Feb 14, 2013
[color=#990000]Vehicle information for JN10FPN13U0203790
Manufacturer: NISSAN
Model :SUNNY
Chassis type: HATCHBACK 5D
Country of Assembly: JAPAN
Transmission type :MANUAL
Line: LX

grin grin grin
Re: The Case About My Stolen Car Which I Found. by honmusa(m): 9:35am On Feb 14, 2013
ckenneths: Dear all, I just pulled out my car documents and tried to search for the VIN online and it shows invalid, maybe there is something am not typing right, please try these for me.

JNIOWYU11U0063988

Vehicle information for JN10WYU11U0063988
Manufacturer :NISSAN
Model :BLUEBIRD
Chassis type :WAGON
Country of Assembly :JAPAN
Transmission type :MANUAL
Line :SLX/SGL

shocked shocked shocked
Case closed

1 Like

Re: The Case About My Stolen Car Which I Found. by honmusa(m): 9:36am On Feb 14, 2013
Thanks to the best invention of the century www
@oga spyder,Is this above info is the correct one for your car
Re: The Case About My Stolen Car Which I Found. by Burger01(m): 9:39am On Feb 14, 2013
Well.. Could be you bought the car with the wrong VIN documented on your documents... years later, car was stolen and the right VIN was documented for the new buyer or probably by the people who stole your car.. just wondering though but it could be possible.. anything goes in naija o.. smiley
Re: The Case About My Stolen Car Which I Found. by Igwe9(m): 9:40am On Feb 14, 2013
Good, the truth is coming out gradually.

Sunny vs Bluebird smiley
Re: The Case About My Stolen Car Which I Found. by Dreal1247: 9:56am On Feb 14, 2013
This scenario could b traceable 2 d car dealer. I know f cases where d car dealers sent criminals 2 recover a car that is already sold. The similarities in the documents is also suspicious.

2 Likes

Re: The Case About My Stolen Car Which I Found. by Jambsupport(f): 10:17am On Feb 14, 2013
Igwe.:
Hello, you can still confirm if his own chassis number is real or fake by running a check on it, there's possibility that the combination is violated or it's for another car with different spec.
Goodluck!
this should help confirm the altered numbers
Re: The Case About My Stolen Car Which I Found. by kunxle: 10:34am On Feb 14, 2013
what an enlivened experience , i wish you get this issue sorted so this criminals can be jailed .
Honestly I'm afraid to drive to occasions and recreational spots this days cos of the high car theft rate especially in Lagos.
May God help us in this country. wish you the best in unraveling this mystery...............................
Re: The Case About My Stolen Car Which I Found. by ZIMDRILL(m): 11:15am On Feb 14, 2013
ckenneths: First thing I did was to circle the car, looking other marks and making sure I had up to 5 different things I recognized about my stolen car. The registration number was different from my old car but that was to be expected. So I walked away like 20 meters and made a call, I was calling a friend to come running to the scene with policemen since I don't really know the town very well and trying to stop whoever came to the park with this car alone will be suicidal. The friend I called promised to come with some policemen, so I calmly walked back to the scene and that was when my brain shifted into gear. I switched on my camera and took a clear shot on the car with the registration number, plus the man who has walked out and is standing around the car with his side to me. The picture is attached below.

all you needed here was take pictures then deflate all the tyres, the wasnt going to move am sure there were not able to sort out all four tyres before the police came

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Man Turns Airplane To House/Office / Mercedes-benz: 25 Revealing Facts (circa 1969) / 10 Tips For Driving Inside The Rain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.