Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,294 members, 7,826,172 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:41 AM

The Case About My Stolen Car Which I Found. - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Case About My Stolen Car Which I Found. (19034 Views)

My Stolen Mazda 626 Has Been Recovered By The Police / Stolen Car!!! Plsss Help / Stolen Car: Grey Toyota Camry 1997 Model @ Abule Egba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Case About My Stolen Car Which I Found. by ckenneths(m): 11:08pm On Feb 13, 2013
violent:

Don't make any move that may put you at risk of getting "Aluu-ed". In some parts of the country, hysteric screams of "thief thief" directed at you from stranger, in a new town, could send you packing faster than a gunshot to the head.

I was afraid for my life first and that is what made me hesitate, that town is where they killed a man in broad daylight for hitting a biker and the police were arresting many people. My workers did not come out for days, I was afraid and that was why I did not rush the man as his shouts of thief would have been very harmful to me. Lets continue.

2 Likes

Re: The Case About My Stolen Car Which I Found. by Pimples(m): 11:08pm On Feb 13, 2013
Thank God U now have another car... My advise is that u should forget about the car especially considering the stress, time, money that will be involved in convincing the police and proving ur ownership.
Meanwhile how long has the car been missing?
Re: The Case About My Stolen Car Which I Found. by ckenneths(m): 11:12pm On Feb 13, 2013
Ok, I snapped the second shot, getting the full face of the man and he advanced towards me in a menacing manner, he asked me why I was aiming my camera at his face, I was ready for him so I switched on my police voice and enter pidgin English, he walked away and came back with 2 other men and they were talking about what to do, me I have taken some more pictures and am speaking on my phone.........
Re: The Case About My Stolen Car Which I Found. by Nobody: 11:12pm On Feb 13, 2013
This OP isnt smart though, you wanna tell a story or you want to promote your writing and stalling skills ? What will I not see on Nairaland.

5 Likes

Re: The Case About My Stolen Car Which I Found. by Nobody: 11:14pm On Feb 13, 2013
Pimples: Meanwhile how long has the car been missing?

If you read through without skipping sections of Spyder's posts, you'll work things out from 30th January 2010 to 22nd December 2012.
Re: The Case About My Stolen Car Which I Found. by Nobody: 11:15pm On Feb 13, 2013
Sorry, duplicate post.
Re: The Case About My Stolen Car Which I Found. by anelka101(m): 11:15pm On Feb 13, 2013
Do i need to ask you may be you are mad or not?
Who are you fooling here? better take your nonsense trend out of here, what kind of advince do u want on an incomplete story? get off my side
No wonder your car is stolen,ode
Re: The Case About My Stolen Car Which I Found. by gragraboy: 11:16pm On Feb 13, 2013
see d yeye car sef! ppl have had better cars stolen & u don't see them in nairaland writing poems.
Re: The Case About My Stolen Car Which I Found. by FlyboyZee: 11:17pm On Feb 13, 2013
So, di anyi! talk quick na. Please who or what is trying to hijack the story na?
Re: The Case About My Stolen Car Which I Found. by ziccoit: 11:19pm On Feb 13, 2013
anelka101: Do i need to ask you may be you are mad or not?
Who are you fooling here? better take your nonsense trend out of here, what kind of advince do u want on an incomplete story? get off my side
No wonder your car is stolen,ode

High level of lack of patience.

4 Likes

Re: The Case About My Stolen Car Which I Found. by agabaI23(m): 11:19pm On Feb 13, 2013
[quote author=Siena][/quote]sorry Op, @Sienna, please I posted a question about my car in the coolant thread and another in the Honda maintenace thread. Could you pls find time to have a look. Both of them are in the last pages of the thread. Thanks.
https://www.nairaland.com/996664/maintenance-tips-honda-cars/8
https://www.nairaland.com/1095651/what-does-coolant-gauge-read/2
@poster
Pls lets know what happened.
Re: The Case About My Stolen Car Which I Found. by ckenneths(m): 11:21pm On Feb 13, 2013
Something happened suddely, the two men got into the car and sped off before I could stop them while the third was standing there trying to ask me something, I quickly jumped into my own car and gave chase, around a kilometer from there I saw some policemen and stopped while they sped on. The police were reluctant to chase the men with me, they wanted me to get to the station and report the case first, well the car got away that day but I printed the pictures and shared to friends to look for the car and the man whom I now have their pictures in print. We were lucky on the second day and got a man to reveal this drivers identity. The police did not help me, instead each time I called them they asked me to come and aid them to prosecute the matter. But civilians later found the car one day.

2 Likes

Re: The Case About My Stolen Car Which I Found. by ckenneths(m): 11:24pm On Feb 13, 2013
I want this car for a reason, I heard that a person that knows me was behind the car theft so I want to find out whom, not to recover the dead car.

2 Likes

Re: The Case About My Stolen Car Which I Found. by ebamma(m): 11:25pm On Feb 13, 2013
u been dey use the car carry sand, abi u been dey use am carry firewood for people?,
your mate dey lose better jeep to armed robbers them no shake,na this molue were u come dey gyrate about

1 Like

Re: The Case About My Stolen Car Which I Found. by Nobody: 11:27pm On Feb 13, 2013
ckenneths: I want this car for a reason, I heard that a person that knows me was behind the carjacking so I want to find out whom, not to recover the dead car.

With all due respect, carjacking refers to an automobile forcibly taken from you. Your car was stolen from where it was parked, so carjacking won't apply to your case.
Re: The Case About My Stolen Car Which I Found. by Emperoh(m): 11:29pm On Feb 13, 2013
Omo, this na real gist.........subscribing.
Re: The Case About My Stolen Car Which I Found. by ckenneths(m): 11:30pm On Feb 13, 2013
Siena:

With all due respect, carjacking refers to an automobile forcibly taken from you. Your car was stolen from where it was parked, so carjacking won't apply to your case.

Noted, corrected.
Re: The Case About My Stolen Car Which I Found. by ckenneths(m): 11:31pm On Feb 13, 2013
Around the 17th of January this year, a friend who had one of them pictures called me and told me he found the car and it had an accident. I came in the next day and my spirit fell. The car was badly damaged so I reported the matter to another police station and they went and towed the car. Pictures of the condemned car.

Re: The Case About My Stolen Car Which I Found. by ckenneths(m): 11:33pm On Feb 13, 2013
more pictures

Re: The Case About My Stolen Car Which I Found. by ckenneths(m): 11:33pm On Feb 13, 2013
ebamma: u been dey use the car carry sand, abi u been dey use am carry firewood for people?,
your mate dey lose better jeep to armed robbers them no shake,na this molue were u come dey gyrate about

Ok, we pray you lose one soon.

29 Likes

Re: The Case About My Stolen Car Which I Found. by abiL(f): 11:35pm On Feb 13, 2013
ckenneths:

Ok, we pray you lose one soon.

How did you get back home the day your car was stolen? *curious*
Re: The Case About My Stolen Car Which I Found. by agabaI23(m): 11:37pm On Feb 13, 2013
I think that crash was deliberate.
The person must have an axe to grind with you.
Re: The Case About My Stolen Car Which I Found. by Nobody: 11:38pm On Feb 13, 2013
Oga spyder, this your script go sell very well though very much live experience. You have got a creative talent aside civil construction and I respect you as one of the professional here but there is a snag, when watching a flick, I got my entertainment on the action part not on the suspense because I am terribly impatient. I implore you to update me with immediate alacrity how you snuff life out of that man because you are alive and here to narrate the encounter.

For me, you have really taken the right step so far but I would have love to engage that man in a familiar kinda discussion concerning the performance of Nissan bluebird models. Treat him to a drink and make him believe you are for good until the police arrived. I can even trick him to the police station or a nearby check post with all the crazy ideas on my head.

When you have made the man realised he bought the wrong car, ask him for stipend to cover your ownership evidence expenses and then dash him the car. Need I say more?

3 Likes

Re: The Case About My Stolen Car Which I Found. by andyanders: 11:38pm On Feb 13, 2013
Its your property even if it is 10 kobo. I wonder why people make silly statement. Police should be ale to trace the person with the registration tag, ie, the plate number.
They must be arrested so that you know who your friends are before they kill you.

5 Likes

Re: The Case About My Stolen Car Which I Found. by Pimples(m): 11:38pm On Feb 13, 2013
U see what I said?
Leave the car. I think you should be thanking God that you were not involved in the car accident
Re: The Case About My Stolen Car Which I Found. by ckenneths(m): 11:39pm On Feb 13, 2013
Some days later, a man appeared at the station to claim this car, the man matched the description in the picture I took, he was arrested and later released on bail when he provided the documents with which he had been driving this car all along, what frightened me was that his documents looked intact, down till the bill of laden, just like mine but with a twist. His documents were bearing the chasis number at the body of the car now, but mine also has documents and the chasis number on mine used to be correct till the car was stolen!

This man that drove the car was unhurt while the people on the ground were not so lucky, he broke two guys legs and one is still in hospital with POP on his leg.

1 Like

Re: The Case About My Stolen Car Which I Found. by touchmeder: 11:39pm On Feb 13, 2013
Its a damn shame but thats how the police in Nigeria go about their matter. They want to be settled abit and work out the mystery surrounding this stolen car case. Is it one you are prepared to follow till the very end? I ask because sometimes even the criminals get away with money speaking. If these guys are eventually arrested and just maybe just maybe pay their way out are you prepared for that? Let it be mate. If it is a police and an enviroment that knows what they are doing i will definately tell you otherwise. sad
Re: The Case About My Stolen Car Which I Found. by ckenneths(m): 11:41pm On Feb 13, 2013
Crown Prince: Oga spyder, this your script go sell very well though very much live experience. You have got a creative talent aside civil construction and I respect you as one of the professional here but there is a snag, when watching a flick, I got my entertainment on the action part not on the suspense because I am terribly impatient. I implore you to update me with immediate alacrity how you snuff life out of that man because you are alive and here to narrate the encounter.

For me, you have really taken the right step so far but I would have love to engage that man in a familiar kinda discussion concerning the performance of Nissan bluebird models. Treat him to a drink and make him believe you are for good until the police arrived. I can even trick him to the police station or a nearby check post with all the crazy ideas on my head.

When you have made the man realised he bought the wrong car, ask him for stipend to cover your ownership evidence expenses and then dash him the car. Need I say more?

My brother be patient, am typing everything till the end grin
Re: The Case About My Stolen Car Which I Found. by andyanders: 11:41pm On Feb 13, 2013
ckenneths: Some days later, a man appeared at the station to claim this car, the man matched the description in the picture I took, he was arrested and later released on bail when he provided the documents with which he had been driving this car all along, what frightened me was that his documents looked intact, down till the bill of laden, just like mine but with a twist. His documents were bearing the chasis number at the body of the car now, but mine also has documents and the chasis number on mine used to be correct till the car was stolen!

If need be, allow the car go because I do not trust Nigerian system and Nigerian police.
Re: The Case About My Stolen Car Which I Found. by Truckpusher(m): 11:41pm On Feb 13, 2013
ckenneths: First thing I did was to circle the car, looking other marks and making sure I had up to 5 different things I recognized about my stolen car. The registration number was different from my old car but that was to be expected. So I walked away like 20 meters and made a call, I was calling a friend to come running to the scene with policemen since I don't really know the town very well and trying to stop whoever came to the park with this car alone will be suicidal. The friend I called promised to come with some policemen, so I calmly walked back to the scene and that was when my brain shifted into gear. I switched on my camera and took a clear shot on the car with the registration number, plus the man who has walked out and is standing around the car with his side to me. The picture is attached below.
Na because of this car you no gree us hear wordsmh

1 Like

Re: The Case About My Stolen Car Which I Found. by COOLDUN: 11:43pm On Feb 13, 2013
ebamma: u been dey use the car carry sand, abi u been dey use am carry firewood for people?,

Guy a poor man's fowl is his Cow, why should you make such a comment? do you know how much he earns? so he should use all his money to buy jeep because other guys are owing jeeps? chei sorry for Nigeria.this is why crime is very high in this country, no one is ready to follow life step by step. But where has it lead us to?

18 Likes

Re: The Case About My Stolen Car Which I Found. by ckenneths(m): 11:44pm On Feb 13, 2013
abiL:

How did you get back home the day your car was stolen? *curious*

Rode a bus home! my friends were racing with 3 cars to pick me up when they heard but I chose to move before they got to me, dont want no pity party!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

5 Kinds Of Nigerian Drivers To Keep-0ff! / Free Vin Check (www.autocheck.com.ng) / Nissan Versa 2020 Transformed To Regal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.