Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,149 members, 7,818,451 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:07 PM

What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? (19949 Views)

When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God / Why Do People Open Their Eyes When Prayer Is Going On. / When Prayer Fails,do Not Think God Deaf (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by Yvete(f): 6:22pm On Feb 19, 2013
UP the praises! Pray and praise even more.

Though, it could be that things don't work because we are in the wrong path. Redirect your steps and stuff should fall in place.

1 Like

Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by Paywole: 6:26pm On Feb 19, 2013
They dont fail man..what people dont know is that God's timing is the best please keep the hope alive

2 Likes

Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by omiobo: 6:26pm On Feb 19, 2013
Otolorin4real :
[Hello everyone in the house,i want you to say what you think about this topic,what is the next thing to do when you had prayed,fasted,praising and waited on the Lord for so long but noting seem tobe positive with you and you have done all thing you could do as a child of God and but worsen situation ...what wil you do in such a condition? Please reply with sincerity of heart

Is what you are going through as a result of your sins? If yes, then it's paid back time. Keep fasting and praying till you are set free. And if no,don't lose hope,it may be a test of faith.
Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by YorubaOmoge: 6:27pm On Feb 19, 2013
ROTFLMAO!!

Dilemma of the typical Christian. grin

Answer: Keep waiting

3 Likes

Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by Alleinad(f): 6:29pm On Feb 19, 2013
Persist, have faith, don't ever give up until your answer comes. if it worsens, then remember that the hour before dawn is always the darkest. Just keep holding on, hoping against hope.

2 Likes

Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by SELFWORTH: 6:29pm On Feb 19, 2013
It never fails so check out the sincerity of your prayer and praises.
Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by Nobody: 6:31pm On Feb 19, 2013
Havent done all....keep standing and stand FIRM!!!

Albert Einstein said it well - "there is no force greater than that of a man determined to succeed"

1 Like

Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by olumidazz: 6:34pm On Feb 19, 2013
Its either u hvnt been praying or praising. Prayer and praises has never failed me. If prayers are not answered there and then it does not mean it has failed.
Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by femmy2010(m): 6:35pm On Feb 19, 2013
Prayers never fail.
For the fact that what you prayed for hasn't physically manifested doesn't mean the prayer hasn't been answered.
Praying his one thing but not believing and claiming what you prayed for could delay the manifestation of what you asked for.

1 Like

Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by THEPOLY11: 6:37pm On Feb 19, 2013
There are three Answers for every prayer.

1. YES: This is what you get if everything is okay with your prayer , sometimes there may be some delay due to some family or stanic force around you, because the answer is YES , it will surely come to pass. ( Please keep it up and make sure you always check yourself time to time )

2. NO: This is what you get when you are asking for the wrong thing.

3. HOLD ON/WAIT: This is what you get when you ask for the right thing at the wrong time, it means that you need to grow up, wait until your time, i promise you when you get it , you will praise GOD and you will testify to it that you have the right thing at the right time.

GOD is a loving father , he will never give you food when dogs and goats are waiting to take it away from you , first he will send the goats and dogs away so you can have your food in peace.

I wish to explain firther but i pray that GOD will open your eyes to see.

2 Likes

Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by bignero: 6:38pm On Feb 19, 2013
my brother prayer hardly fails
praises NEVER fails:we receive answers to our prayers by faith(meaning we dont immedialty get physical results first but spiritual result first thru believing which is a mental process)

remeber the bible says ''every one that asks receives'', but before the answers are made physical, U MUST BELIVE YOU HAVE RECEIVED.U ,U MUST MENTALLY DENY WHAT YOUR PHYSICAL EYES SEE,FEEL ETC BUT MENTALLY YOU MUST BE IN THE STATE OF FEELING,OWNING THAT FOR WHICH U PRAYED FOR(unless u be converted as a child ye shant enter into Gods kingdom, ie make belief like a child).

my brother God answers all prayers,but not all of us know how to receive,we receive ,by beleiving that the idea or thing we want is already ours before we see it.

WHAT SO EVER THINGS ye desire,when YE PRAY, BELIEVE that ye RECEIVE THEM .........([b]AND AT A FUTURE TIME BE YOURS)[/b]of course future could be next second, day,week all depends ones faith.

receiving or faith is a mental process and the mind cant grasp TWO major ideas at once, hence if u have faith for something but have unforgivess, grudge etc all these MUST occupy ur mind and hinder ur faith or prayer.(God doesnt hinder us, we hinder ourselves)

so look inside u, lack of love or unforgiveness could hinder ur prayer.
only two laws in life bro

LAW OF LOVE
LAW OF FAITH, these two must be obeyed for any form of progress, spiritually and physically

God bless
God is love

1 Like

Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by Nobody: 6:39pm On Feb 19, 2013
Prayer is a sincere, sensible, affectionate pouring of the soul to God through Jesus Christ in the strength and assistance of the spirit for such things as God has promised.
Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by omiobo: 6:44pm On Feb 19, 2013
Yes! prayer and fasting does fail in situation where only obedience to the world of God is needed.

2 Likes

Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by sammyhands: 6:45pm On Feb 19, 2013
Otolorin4real :
[Hello everyone in the house,i want you to say what you think about this topic,what is the next thing to do when you had prayed,fasted,praising and waited on the Lord for so long but noting seem tobe positive with you and you have done all thing you could do as a child of God and but worsen situation ...what wil you do in such a condition? Please reply with sincerity of heart

My dear, prayer and praise does not fail, I am a living testimony that prayer works. You praise cos you acknowledge the greatness of God not because prayer fails.

1 Like

Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by tantita(m): 6:45pm On Feb 19, 2013
GraceBestowed: I'm diving in with an answer, I haven't even seen others' responses!

When you feel as though you've done all you can, START THANKING him for doing what it is you're asking; this will confuse the enemy, and move the hand of God! The greatest form of warfare is to be still in the Lord, because it shows that we are 100% dependent on Him. If you're expecting a child, start saying God, thank You for Mary, Joseph, and Charlie (your childrens' names); if you're waiting on admission, start saying God, thank You for allowing me to graduate with a first class degree; if you're waiting to get married, say God, thank you for my amazing wedding day, you get the drift! Please, whatever you do, live right in His sight, so that the enemy does not accuse you, and don't doubt God, always have faith, even if it's as small as a mustard seed!
A little boy once lost his mother 2 cancer he prayed day n nite 2 bother God n doctors yet...wt system u did he pray amiss or didn't give enuf tanks?
Nothing moves God more than a heart of thanksgiving!!

Remember to give Him thanks, in everything!
All His Love!

1 Like

Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by mathewalab: 6:46pm On Feb 19, 2013
In the situation like this, you need to neglect your embattle problem. You act as if nothing is wrong with you (This is high level of faith at work); then surely invisible Hand Of God will manifest, and a way for breakthrough will open. Those lepers in the Bible said if we go into the camp of Israel - there is hunger and we shall die there; and better for us to visit the camp of our enemies (Syria) if they spare ourlives, beautiful and if not we shall die. You will agree with me that their choice of surrendered to the camp of their enemies favour them - BUT you surrender all to the throne of Heaven.

Our God is a miraculous One, He shows up when you least expected of Him, I encourage you to still wait, irrespective of your ordeal. Job said, it does not matter how old is root and have died in the soil but when found water, a new branch will spring up. Am a living witness of mavellous doing of God.

If you care to discuss more with me, then contact me: mathewalabi@yahoo.com

God bless you.

1 Like

Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by tantita(m): 6:57pm On Feb 19, 2013
GraceBestowed: I'm diving in with an answer, I haven't even seen others' responses!

When you feel as though you've done all you can, START THANKING him for doing what it is you're asking; this will confuse the enemy, and move the hand of God! The greatest form of warfare is to be still in the Lord, because it shows that we are 100% dependent on Him. If you're expecting a child, start saying God, thank You for Mary, Joseph, and Charlie (your childrens' names); if you're waiting on admission, start saying God, thank You for allowing me to graduate with a first class degree; if you're waiting to get married, say God, thank you for my amazing wedding day, you get the drift! Please, whatever you do, live right in His sight, so that the enemy does not accuse you, and don't doubt God, always have faith, even if it's as small as a mustard seed! system u did he
Nothing moves God more than a heart of thanksgiving!!

Remember to give Him thanks, in everything!
All His Love!
a little boy once watch his mother die of cancer he had prayed day n nite 2 God n even d doctors 2 save d mother giving dt he hd already lost his father...suffice 2sy d mother didn't mk it..wht thn do u sy 2 dt boy ..did he pray amiss of didn't give enuf tanks while praying.

1 Like

Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by valiacademy: 6:58pm On Feb 19, 2013
The will of God for you is more important. Prayer, fasting, praise, hard work are all good. But after you have done these, submit to the will of God for you. His word is true and He knows the best. Jesus prayed in Gethsemane, but his prayer was not answered. He submitted to the Father's will. Shedrach, Messhach and Abadnego also faced serious challenges, but were not disturbed with the outcome, but submitted to God's will. Just make sure you keep your faith strong. smiley
Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by ckkris: 6:58pm On Feb 19, 2013
In JOB 23:8-10, prayer failed. But hear the absolute confession of the man who knows his God:- Job 13:15; Job 19:23-27.

NO SHAKING, Habakuk 3:17-19.
Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by Nobody: 6:59pm On Feb 19, 2013
Prayer, worship and request are different.
Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by ochallo: 7:03pm On Feb 19, 2013
1. deliverance
2. faith, you are obviously testing prayers not praying with the resolve that this is the final step
3. you may be praying wrong prayers.
4. not listening for instruction after prayer, some answers come as instructions for some actions not the actual thing you seem to be praying for
5. Prayer may not be needed at the time and all that is needed is just guided action which you are not taking.
6. praying against the will of God.
Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by henrychubayo: 7:03pm On Feb 19, 2013
Prayers don't fail when u pray u suppose to. Just like every other thing, prayer has rules and regulations. Pray in the right motives and right heart conditions. Also note that he may hear ur prayer but may not answer because he knew that you are capable of withstanding the trials which my good ones strong in faith. He may also hear and wait for a approprate time to answer u. Finally, note that not all prayers are answered.
Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by valiacademy: 7:04pm On Feb 19, 2013
valiacademy: The will of God for you is more important. Prayer, fasting, praise, hard work are all good. But after you have done these, submit to the will of God for you. His word is true and He knows the best. Jesus prayed in Gethsemane, but his prayer was not answered. He submitted to the Father's will. Shedrach, Messhach and Abadnego also faced serious challenges, but were not disturbed with the outcome, but submitted to God's will. Just make sure you keep your faith strong. smiley

Ecclesiastes 3:9-12

Good News Translation (GNT)

9 What do we gain from all our work? 10 I know the heavy burdens that God has laid on us. 11 He has set the right time for everything. He has given us a desire to know the future, but never gives us the satisfaction of fully understanding what he does. 12 So I realized that all we can do is be happy and do the best we can while we are still alive.
Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by bigx(m): 7:08pm On Feb 19, 2013
Abraham waited till 90 for a son, How long have you waited?

1 Like

Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by Ama28(f): 7:16pm On Feb 19, 2013
Pray Until Something Happens. Don't forget to give and keep giving

1 Like

Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by Nobody: 7:18pm On Feb 19, 2013
Job said I will wait until my change comes

1 Like

Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by tomzman: 7:19pm On Feb 19, 2013
OP, I don't think prayers fail. You have to realise that it is God's will and timing that matters, not yours.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Pastor Ruth Masuruwa Gives Bible To Emmerson Mnangagwa In Zimbabwe (Photo) / Jehovah's Witnesses: Hundreds Of Child Sex Abuse Claims In The Religion / Why Is Sex Attached To Sin By Most Religion?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.