Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,257 members, 7,826,011 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:16 AM

What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? (19991 Views)

When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God / Why Do People Open Their Eyes When Prayer Is Going On. / When Prayer Fails,do Not Think God Deaf (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by onyekabe(m): 10:16pm On Feb 19, 2013
frank3.16:

Well, what evidence do u need? Look around u and if what I am saying does not make sense u let me know. Do u know anybody who does not pray? Does good thing happen to him? Do u know anyone why u feel sure prays with his heart? Does he always get what he wants?

U see, belief is a strong mind controler and a determinant of behaviour.

U see, my fear for some people who are so dogmatic in their belif is that when they finnally do not get their answers and really see that they have prayed the best way they can and yet they didn't get the answer(this happens always and u can't deny it) they lose it. Some end up blaming the God they have served for years, some become neurotic, some become agressive etc.

you have said it all. I stop believing God when non of my payers was answedred. As a kid Prayed to be very intelligent, coupled with hardwork at the end i was just like any other kid that worked hard, in university days i cant open my book without prayer, yet i was not the best, after graduation I also prayed for good job yet no answer until i decide to disbelieve in any deity or God. but today I an a successful biz man. Without God
Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by Nobody: 10:20pm On Feb 19, 2013
Prayers don't fail, only ineffective prayers to effective God fails
Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by onyekabe(m): 10:26pm On Feb 19, 2013
seyibrown:

Rubbish at the bolded! Everyone who works hard becomes successful? On which planet do you live? grin grin If Hardwork made people successful, the poorest nations in the world today would be the richest!
Is it prayer that made the richest country what they are today
Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by makinde3: 10:28pm On Feb 19, 2013
onyekabe: you have said it all. I stop believing God when non of my payers was answedred. As a kid Prayed to be very intelligent, coupled with hardwork at the end i was just like any other kid that worked hard, in university days i cant open my book without prayer, yet i was not the best, after graduation I also prayed for good job yet no answer until i decide to disbelieve in any deity or God. but today I an a successful biz man. Without God

You are successful today i think is because of your prayers and the believe in God you had in the pass. Please i want you to know that nobody knows when prayers will be answered. God time is the best.
Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by deesnipes(f): 10:31pm On Feb 19, 2013
@op
Prayer and praise never fails. Make sure u r not praying wrongly and live a holy life. And then always ask for MERCY wen praying. MERCY opens door faster for u and wen God has mercy on u he can decide to fast track things for u and all will be falling in pleasant places for u. Ask for mercy
Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by Yakubu1767: 10:31pm On Feb 19, 2013
In dis case i admonish u all to join islam....christianity is entirely a fictitious religion where prayers are nt answered.... Y should u expect befitting outcomes when u r worshiping d wrng lord?
Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by phelpy: 10:35pm On Feb 19, 2013
then....be still and know dt JEHOVAH reigns

1 Like

Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by Yakubu1767: 10:37pm On Feb 19, 2013
U should knw dat one's prayer would only be answered when there's a low rightful perpetrations nd a high level of sinful commitments..... Perhaps we shouldnt be expecting beta outcomes when we hv taken fornication,lying,etc to be a priority in our lives.....GOD HELP US
Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by Nobody: 10:38pm On Feb 19, 2013
The bible says when you have done all this you should STAND.

Meaning wait patiently on the Lord. Dont waver in ur faith.

For me, i have never believed so strongly in something and it failed to come to pass. I have never longed for a friendship and it failed to happen.

The first time i entered a camry, it blew my mind, today i drive a camry. I longed for a mitsubishi diesel engine during fuel scarcity, today i have it. I am only sharing my testimony. Oya others.

1 Like

Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by seriousspy: 10:42pm On Feb 19, 2013
It might seem difficult, but pray and praise more. God is absolutely positively always faithful. I'm a witness...if you hear my story ehn...smh. Pls don't give up. He knows. He hears. He sees. God bless you...
Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by Yakubu1767: 10:43pm On Feb 19, 2013
U should knw dat one's prayer would only be answered when there's a low sinful perpetrations..... Perhaps we shouldnt be expecting beta outcomes when we hv taken fornication,lying,etc to be a priority in our lives.....GOD HELP US
Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by onyekabe(m): 10:43pm On Feb 19, 2013
Yakubu1767: In dis case i admonish u all to join islam....christianity is entirely a fictitious religion where prayers are nt answered.... Y should u expect befitting outcomes when u r worshiping d wrng lord?
what we are talking is prayer not religion if you believe Your Allah answers your prayer what has he done for you that you can not find in other religion
Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by spykeswag(m): 10:49pm On Feb 19, 2013
try one of those GODLY things you have not practiced cos i believe it is material things you want GOD to
to give to you just to prove to you that he cares.......take risk learn how to give out that particular treasure
u thinks its so precious to you.....that is the secret of wealth.
Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by ckkris: 10:57pm On Feb 19, 2013
onyekabe: Is it prayer that made the richest country what they are today

Check the history of Germany, England, and the USA, then you know.
Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by Kaybase(m): 10:57pm On Feb 19, 2013
Gods' way is never our way and watever God knows is nt the best for you he will nt give to you if truly u ve prayed and all other stuffs u ve claimed. If God knows if he gives u a car you will ve accident with it, will God then give u d car? Wait patiently at the appointed time answers will come.
Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by Fleming5(m): 11:00pm On Feb 19, 2013
Otolorin4real :
Hello everyone in the house,i want you to say what you think about this topic,what is the next thing to do when you had prayed,fasted,praising and waited on the Lord for so long but noting seem to be positive with you and you have done all thing you could do as a child of God and but worsen situation ...what wil you do in such a condition? Please reply with sincerity of heart
You need love ( Love for God ) try it dear.
Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by Ilekokonit: 11:01pm On Feb 19, 2013
Isaiah 45:7 (New International Reader's Version)

I cause light to shine. I also create darkness. I bring good times. I also create hard times. I do all of those things. I am the Lord.
Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by stankezzy: 11:14pm On Feb 19, 2013
tantita: a little boy once watch his mother die of cancer he had prayed day n nite 2 God n even d doctors 2 save d mother giving dt he hd already lost his father...suffice 2sy d mother didn't mk it..wht thn do u sy 2 dt boy ..did he pray amiss of didn't give enuf tanks while praying.
there could be a lot of reasons why it happened like that.when jesus was on the cross he prayed ,father let this cup pass me by,but lather he said not according to my will but your will be done.so if God wills something ,who can un will it.it is the soverinty of God.
Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by ckkris: 11:14pm On Feb 19, 2013
Yakubu1767: In dis case i admonish u all to join islam....christianity is entirely a fictitious religion where prayers are nt answered.... Y should u expect befitting outcomes when u r worshiping d wrng lord?

I thank God that this post is not hidden. When former muslims, who are now unshakeable Christians, begin to present verifiable facts and figures, these BOKO HARAM moderators will remember to hide the posts. But nothing mega.
Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by clemz85(m): 11:16pm On Feb 19, 2013
Pls go and a book call 'spiritual warfare'
by chris ojibani

1 Like

Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by thelonestranger: 11:17pm On Feb 19, 2013
Otolorin4real :
Hello everyone in the house,i want you to say what you think about this topic,what is the next thing to do when you had prayed,fasted,praising and waited on the Lord for so long but noting seem to be positive with you and you have done all thing you could do as a child of God and but worsen situation ...what wil you do in such a condition? Please reply with sincerity of heart

Examine what you are praying for. Maybe it is not good for you or God might have given you an alternative which is just staring you in the face but you don't see it because you are so focused onyour prayer
Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by MissOpe(f): 11:21pm On Feb 19, 2013
Otolorin4real :

Are u an Atheist?

1 Like

Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by true2god: 11:23pm On Feb 19, 2013
Im a living testinomony to the power of prayer. Prayer neva fails. But prayers always requires personal actions and hard-work to make it work. A graduate who finishes school without applying for a job or engaging in any meaning activity but prays 24/7 may neva get a result. An effort is still required on the part of the person prayin for the prayer to work.

I remeber wen i left school, i told mysef dat i can neva stay idle while looking for a job. So i went into serios prayers and fasting while i was madly searching for job. In my dream someone told me dat i hav been blessed. Upon wakin up i got confused cos i was damn broke, and no job yet. In less dan one month i got three jobs. I mean nice jobs. The last one i got, which i later rejected, i did vry badly during interview. The interviewer told me he just like me dat i shouldnt boda, dat i should resume the following week. I was shocked.

Prayer works, but dat should not stop pple frm takin risk or being hard-workin. God detest laziness and bless pple dat are hard-working.
Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by stankezzy: 11:31pm On Feb 19, 2013
Kennedyiheme: But Why Does A Woman Wait For 20yrs bfor hvin a child, and she prays fervently.. sometin is wrong, somebody tel me wht d problem is
how about if God answers her imidiately nd the child grow up to become hitiler or osama.there was a case were one preachers son was at the point of death nd d preacher said God if u let my child die i wil trow away my bibble nd stop worshiping u.off curse the child suddenley got well but what happened,when he grew up ,he was a terro to his community ,his father nd to every bodey.the man then change his preaching to(do nt challenge God nd every tin God does is the best)to end the storey the boy eventually killed the father.so what do u think?
Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by sholesky: 11:41pm On Feb 19, 2013
ONE VERY IMPORTANT INGREDIENT WE NEED TO BE AWARE OF IS THE PLACE OF KNOWLEDGE.THE BIBLE SAYS,
MY PEOPLE PERISH FOR LACK OF KNOWLEDGE...NOT PRAYERS OR FASTING.MANY NIGERIAN FIND IT SO DIFICULT
TO INVEST IN KNOWLEDGE IN WATSOEVER VENTURE THEY ARE DOIN BE IT BUSINESS,RELATIONSHIP ETC..
THEY PREFER TO PRAY N FAST BUT HIS WORD CAN NEVER BE BROKEN.

I REALISE IF U AV KNOWLEDG ABOUT UR QUEST,U WILL PRAY LESS.
I LOV PRAYER N I BLIV IN PRAYER BUT I WANT US TO KNOW KNOWLEDGE IS MAJOR TO ANSWERD PRAYERS
Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by stankezzy: 11:44pm On Feb 19, 2013
onyekabe: you have said it all. I stop believing God when non of my payers was answedred. As a kid Prayed to be very intelligent, coupled with hardwork at the end i was just like any other kid that worked hard, in university days i cant open my book without prayer, yet i was not the best, after graduation I also prayed for good job yet no answer until i decide to disbelieve in any deity or God. but today I an a successful biz man. Without God
brother pray for Gods mercy,do u know that native doctors or occultist are still protected by his mercy ,but when u open up your mouth nd say u have done it without him.you better go nd ask nebbucerdnezer or the rich fool their experience.
Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by onyekabe(m): 11:46pm On Feb 19, 2013
ckkris:

Check the history of Germany, England, and the USA, then you know.
do you mean the prayer they prayed while enslaving africans in the tenth century that made them what there are today? So God answers prayer after many generations/century no wonder many nigerians are praying while things are getting worst
Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by mindyourword: 11:46pm On Feb 19, 2013
TRUST IN GOD AND DO NOT BE DISMAY
FOR IT IS POSSIBLE THAT THE
PRINCE OF PERSIA IS AT WORK
AS HE DELAYED DANIEL'S ANGEL PRAYER
AND SUPPLICATION ANSWERS BEARER.
ALWAYS REMEBER MARK 11: 24
Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by mordiemmanuel: 12:00am On Feb 20, 2013
the BIBLe made us to understand that if we allow iniquity to abound in us, that GOD will not hear us..so i believe that, it is those Sin that we commit thinking the are little sin, that hinder or delay our prayer, and the solution is for us to void those little sins.
Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by Maxivalue(m): 12:05am On Feb 20, 2013
@poster you didnt really specify what u are praying, fasting, praising and believing God for. i dont have a clue of what
u re expecting from God. But From my own personal experience. I Recommend this useful spiritual principles, they are:-

1. Having Unshakable faith in God u serve. for the bible says that a Man without faith can never ever please God.
When u have a Rooted and Strong faith in God, Even Generational Curses, Your fore fathers sins or your sins cant stop u from getting what u want from God.
This type of faith can only be gotten from Reading d word of God, Listen to tapes or messages on Faith by Powerful men Of God

2. Apply Action to your faith, Start acting and saying what your are expecting God to do for u. Never act or say negative. The Power of life and
Death is the tongue. The power to get anything u want is in you mouth. If you talk positive the angels that operate in the spiritual realm will
bring you good things and If talk Negative the devil capitalize on that to carry out his activities.

3. You need to be a Giver, you can give yourself out of any predicament, be it sickness, poverty, unemployement, barreness, failure,stagnation, unproductivity,lack of prosperity, debt, disease, any challenge you can ever think of. Giving opens the doors of favour, Blessings, Sound Health,
Prosperity and so on. Give to Churches, Mosques (if u re a moslem), support the works of God, give to the needy. you dont need to have millions to to do that.

4. If your Parents are still alive, Blessed them with gifts, show them love, buy them things they desire to have from u. Alot of young people
neglect this. But it is a powerful strategy to succeed in every area of your life. The bible says honor your parents so that the days your
of life will be longer and it shall be well with u. Well with everything u do.

5.Lastly, Pray, Fast and do more of Thanks Giving. Prayer Fasting and Thanksgiving are sometimes not effective, if these 1-4 things are not done.

****You dont need any deliverance from anybody to succeed especially if you are Born again******

1 Like

Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by kshowhanif: 12:09am On Feb 20, 2013
frank3.16:

Well, what evidence do u need? Look around u and if what I am saying does not make sense u let me know. Do u know anybody who does not pray? Does good thing happen to him? Do u know anyone why u feel sure prays with his heart? Does he always get what he wants?

U see, belief is a strong mind controler and a determinant of behaviour.

U see, my fear for some people who are so dogmatic in their belif is that when they finnally do not get their answers and really see that they have prayed the best way they can and yet they didn't get the answer(this happens always and u can't deny it) they lose it. Some end up blaming the God they have served for years, some become neurotic, some become agressive etc.

mr frank, stop playing with our inteligence. U ar jst a freethinker, your prayer can only b accepted & answered if u put it through the right direction & believe in who you ar praying to (GOD ALMIGHTY). & also make sure u pray for something positive, also make sure you are clean but in heart & act. Retry using this methods , u will see wonders.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Why Is Sex Attached To Sin By Most Religion? / Pentecostals Bash Catholics Yet They Celebrate Valentine The Most / MFM: Daniel Olukoya Sues Thisday Newspaper For N500 Billion For Libel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.