Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,396 members, 7,819,412 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:55 PM

What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? (19952 Views)

When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God / Why Do People Open Their Eyes When Prayer Is Going On. / When Prayer Fails,do Not Think God Deaf (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by mko2005: 9:39am On Feb 20, 2013
Otolorin4real :
Hello everyone in the house,i want you to say what you think about this topic,what is the next thing to do when you had prayed,fasted,praising and waited on the Lord for so long but noting seem to be positive with you and you have done all thing you could do as a child of God and but worsen situation ...what wil you do in such a condition? Please reply with sincerity of heart
If you are a christian,please see below what Jesus is saying to you regarding ur question and also ur situation !
LUKE 18:1-10''Then He spoke a parable to them, that men always ought to pray and not lose heart, saying: “There was in a certain city a judge who did not fear God nor regard man. Now there was a widow in that city; and she came to him, saying, ‘Get justice for me from my adversary.’ And he would not for a while; but afterward he said within himself, ‘Though I do not fear God nor regard man, yet because this widow troubles me I will avenge her, lest by her continual coming she weary me.’”

Then the Lord said, “Hear what the unjust judge said. And shall God not avenge His own elect who cry out day and night to Him, though He bears long with them? I tell you that He will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless, when the Son of Man comes, will He really find faith on the earth?”
See below what Christ also said concerning what our heavenly father will do for you if you ask of HIM !
''Even though you're evil, you know how to give good gifts to your children. So how much more will your Father in heaven give good things to those who ask him?-Mathew 7:11.
Delays in receiving from God might be attributed to so many things that might not necessarily be God's issue But you !
1-You might be praying and asking amiss(Asking in dissonance with the word of God)
2-You might be a sinner i.e lives in sin and want to receive from God
3-It's most likely you are inpatient
4-Though you pray and praise God but your question here shows that you are not faithful !
5-Have you considered the perfect will of GOD concerning you ? But i know that if i have a good relationship with God,my will for sure will be God's will !
6-The bible says that God tempt's no man but we can be tried by God ! Temptation is from urself and the devil just to bring you down But trial which is from God is there to build you in faith and all others !
Just be patient with ur maker for HE suffers when you suffer !-Isaiah 63:9
God help us all !

1 Like

Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by teetee2(f): 9:49am On Feb 20, 2013
A man of wisdom said "A MOUNTAIN IN OUR LIFE MAY BE AS A RESULT OUR IGNORANT"(Hosea 4:6) The best deliverance is the word of God.
Please following these with your faith intact and you will come back with testimony in Jesus name.

Bible
Fasting
Breaking the curses of life written by Bishop David Oyedepo
Winning Invisible Battles written by Bishop David Oyedepo

Separate your self in fasting, read one of these books with understanding couple with the Word of God (Bible). let your faith be strong. I believe the Spirit of God will minister to you, open your eyes and understanding and victory shall be yours in Jesus name.
Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by uwish: 9:58am On Feb 20, 2013
@OP, as many times as I check, GOD never FAILS. May be U pray amiss(wrongly)-- James 4:3 OR your way of fasting is not how God has chosen it -- Isa.58:1-end. Do you praise God with broken spirit & contrite heart -- Psm.5I:I6-I7. My beloved in Christ, have U tried reading de Word of God 4 vigil, what of Evangelism etc. U can call me on 08132820002
Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by Crystallic: 10:00am On Feb 20, 2013
Praises and Prayer can never fail. But if they do fail that means u are doing something VERY wrong or it simply means its not God's time for such request to be answered.You need to ask yourself reasons for the request to be answered. God's ways are not our ways neither his thought our thought. ALL I K[color=#770077][/color]NOW IS THAT GOD NEVER FAILS HE WILL SURELY COME THROUGH SOMEDAY, SOMETIME, SOMEWHERE. Hang on. smiley cool
Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by ckkris: 10:10am On Feb 20, 2013
onyekabe: do you mean the prayer they prayed while enslaving africans in the tenth century that made them what there are today? So God answers prayer after many generations/century no wonder many nigerians are praying while things are getting worst

Enslavement of others does not produce wealth, otherwise Africans and Indians would generally be richer than other races. England started by Agrarian Revolution, sustained by praying Christians. Then they had to build schools in order to educate themselves as the Bible commanded.

Are you doubting that its these rugged praying pilgrims that brought development to America, even as native Indians had lived there for centuries.

History is an important explainer of phenomena.

Besides, the descendants of the pilgrims PROCLAIM THAT ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL, and therefore outgrows Europe, from where they escaped the same cultural and satanic oppression that is wasting the abundant resources of Nigeria.

COME ON.
Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by Onliie(m): 10:31am On Feb 20, 2013
Try giving.
Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by Ikocyztem: 10:35am On Feb 20, 2013
Nothing u do in GOD'S name being it Praying, fasting, praises even sitting idle is enuf. PERSEVIERANCE Iz d key. for more help I refer u 2 google. shocked
Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by Nobody: 10:37am On Feb 20, 2013
ckkris:

Enslavement of others does not produce wealth, otherwise Africans and Indians would generally be richer than other races. England started by Agrarian Revolution, sustained by praying Christians. Then they had to build schools in order to educate themselves as the Bible commanded.

Are you doubting that its these rugged praying pilgrims that brought development to America, even as native Indians had lived there for centuries.

Besides, the descendants of the pilgrims PROCLAIM THAT ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL, and therefore outgrows Europe, from where they escaped the same cultural and satanic oppression that is wasting the abundant resources of Nigeria.

COME ON.

Your knowledge of history and economics is quite wrong and delusional

-Enslavement of people is actually very profitable as it is free labour.
-Why would African and Indians be the beneficiary of enslavement when they were enslaved/colonized? Are you drunk?
-Are you talking about the same pilgrims in America that slaughtered the Native indians

-The industrial revolution is what moved the economies forward and it was a move from religion to science and not the other way around

1 Like

Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by Nobody: 10:38am On Feb 20, 2013
ckkris:

COME ON.

By the way, this is why peeps like you are losing
https://www.nairaland.com/1200970/why-religion-section-always-turn
Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by Nobody: 10:47am On Feb 20, 2013
Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by ckkris: 10:51am On Feb 20, 2013
Logicboy03:

By the way, this is why peeps like you are losing
https://www.nairaland.com/1200970/why-religion-section-always-turn
d

Losing what? Logicboy please explain. I know you're brilliant enough to make your view clear.
Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by Joehakins(m): 10:53am On Feb 20, 2013
Well if prayers and praises dont work..Just take a chair and sit down if there's a God he'll definately help u..Buh if he's nowhere to be found then You just have to qet on with ur life the way it is..
Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by Nobody: 10:57am On Feb 20, 2013
ckkris: d

Losing what? Logicboy please explain. I know you're brilliant enough to make your view clear.
Go to that thread. I dont want to derail this thread any further.
Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by Insightful: 11:02am On Feb 20, 2013
sweetcheecks:

You change your attitude towards God. You do not take him as a stranger but your Father who loves you very much and want the best for you.

1. Ask but say according to thy will, at Thy perfect time. Becouse when God blesses us the wrong time it may seperate us from him and he love us too much to give us somith that will take us away from Him.

2. Believe you have recieved but you are being prepared for your new role. Find learnings in you situation God may be teaching you things.

3. Do not repeat the samething all the time He hears you, He is not deaf.

4. Speak and live the word. Bring evidance into your prayers that what you are praying the Word supports it. It has already been given to you, now you are just following the process to get what belongs to you according to your Fathers riches in Glory.

5. Stand. Do not be moved, dont loose hope, dont be discouraged.

6. Thank God for all He has done.

7. Change your attitude. Live like you have recieved what you are asking for. That is Prepare for your blessing.

Just to add
Ensure you are not harbouring some unconfessed sins. Search deep within, will what you are praying for glorify God? Are you praying amiss? Are you harboouring unforgiveness in your heart? these are things you need to check, God want the best for us and He would not deny us of what He knows is good for us. If all these are in place. Believe you have received, prepare for the manifestation with thanksgiving and be patient, your answer might just be at the door.
Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by ckkris: 11:04am On Feb 20, 2013
Logicboy, please stop distorting FACTS. You know the pilgrims lived and let live. You also know the difference between Mary Slessor and Lt Col Fred Luggard.
Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by Nobody: 11:14am On Feb 20, 2013
ckkris: Logicboy, please stop distorting FACTS. You know the pilgrims lived and let live. You also know the difference between Mary Slessor and Lt Col Fred Luggard.

Mary Slessor stopped baby killing in one small tribe while other christians were busy shipping black slaves in Nigeria over the atlantic
Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by ckkris: 11:15am On Feb 20, 2013
Thanks Logic. No to derailing. So leave the thread to those who know one thing or two about prayers, praying, and the God that answers prayers.
Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by ddeola: 11:19am On Feb 20, 2013
Prayer and praises cannot fail. However,if someone is not getting the desired or expected result on a particular issue,maybe the fellow needs to check his/herself first or it could be that God has something else in store for the person. Even NO is an answer
Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by bman2003: 11:52am On Feb 20, 2013
Hey, prayer, praise or fasting cannot fail. perhaps it "fails" in which it cannot, give. remember, Hannah had already prayed from year to year, but when she made a vow of giving Samuel to God, God remembered her. but dont worry prayer, fasting or praises cannot fail. God is faithful!
Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by mayorxxx(f): 11:56am On Feb 20, 2013
Any time you dont know what to do just believe! grin
Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by borie4u(m): 12:29pm On Feb 20, 2013
prayers
neva fails.my life is a testimony 2 dat. hannah was goin 2 shiloh every
year but one particular year her prayer couldn't go unnoticed.i pray
dat very soon yours too wil attract God's attention
Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by mko2005: 1:20pm On Feb 20, 2013
ifeness: What can you do when prayer fails?

Come back to your senses and be useful for once!
The last time i saw ur post was wen one Davidllyn discovered that you are neither an atheist or a 'pagan' ! I think it was just becos you were unable to defend atheism and delved into paganism ! And wen he tried to address you as a 'pagan', You immediately refuted claiming u have a vast knowledge of the history of traditional form of worship or beliefs though can't really tell what caused the big b.ang. !
Jesus loves you ifnes ! He died for you while you were yet and still a sinner like most of US here ! But HE does not want you or any one to go to a place HE has made for the devil and the demons !May God guide you subtly to HIMSELF some day. God bless you.
God help us
Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by mko2005: 1:28pm On Feb 20, 2013
Omo Alata:

Lamentations 5:7
Ezekiel 18:20''Our fathers sinned and are no more, and we bear their punishment wink Have a good day smiley
The soul who sins shall die. The son shall not bear the guilt of the father, nor the father bear the guilt of the son. The righteousness of the righteous shall be upon himself, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon himself.''
God got angry with the Israelites and said HE will visit the sins of the fathers upon the children and wen HE forgave them,HE said no more are we to bear the sins of our fathers that are no more !
Thank God for Jesus,the holy spirit and the grace of the Almighty God !No more shall we sin and die if we repent of our sins !
God help us
Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by mko2005: 1:48pm On Feb 20, 2013
sweetrace:
This such a popular preaching in Nigerian churches and contrary to God's word.

Ezekiel 18: 19 "Yet you ask, 'Why does the son not share the guilt of his father?' Since the son has done what is just and right and has been careful to keep all my decrees, he will surely live. 20 The one who sins is the one who will die. The child will not share the guilt of the parent, nor will the parent share the guilt of the child. The righteousness of the righteous will be credited to them, and the wickedness of the wicked will be charged against them.

Moreover, If one has Jesus as Lord and savior, how can a curse work in that person's life?

God is the owner of curses and HE made the first curse ever on man(Adam)!
The curse been referd to in Ezekiel that has bin nullified by God was the one HE made unto man(israelites)as a result of their disobedience to HIM. Now there are curses bin made for man by man the devil and demons. But if God does not approve of ur bin cursed,no man can curse you !The only way God will defend you is if you are HIS. If you have christ in you,you can't share from the curse bin made for man by man,the devil and demons. So,a 'christian' can't be cursed becos he's got christ in him. But if you are not in Christ and christ not in you,i.e you disobey Christ and His father,any curse be it an ancestral or what have you,can hold you down and what breaks it is ur total obedience to the word of God.
So,there are ancestral curses bin made for man by man,the devil and demons.But a christian can not be cursed by any of the other negative agents of curse ! But if you are not in christ,then even the curses made for ur fore fathers can hit you ! But God has eradicated the ancestral curse HE made unto man long time ago even before his son came to die for us to further nullify that which has bin nullified !
God help us
Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by cokolet(f): 2:19pm On Feb 20, 2013
very interesting thread.......

Eccl 9:11(do read u)

whether or not u pray,time and chance happens to us all.
what prayer does is put in the path of God's preordained will for you so that you can recognize & tap
into the promises accorded to you as God's own (by being born again of course).
No matter how hard you pray, at God's appointed time,chance will happen to you.
Prayer opens your spiritual consciousness so that you do not allow God's time pass you by.

then again, prayer - works = total F9
My opinion entirely.......

1 Like

Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by STORMY1: 2:20pm On Feb 20, 2013
I think that is where deliverance comes in for the fellow.And that is if you will believe in it.
Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by Nobody: 6:52pm On Feb 20, 2013
honestlyl .....@ OP am moved by ur plight.....ur plans,ambitions,route and hope....may not be God's destiny and plans for ur life......go out to men of God who has the true calling of God...let them pray for u...may u wld go come to ori oke erio...in Ekiti...meet baba ezekiah....and ur life wld not remain the same....i assure u...u need to discover God's plan and Agenda for ur lyf.....try my suggested solution
Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by 3face(m): 7:36pm On Feb 20, 2013
your question is way out of line,there has never been a time that either prayer or praises fail and neither will both fail.I believe you are trying to qestion GOD your creator.
Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by jookunlaja(m): 10:43pm On Feb 20, 2013
Well,I don't think PRAYER and PRAISES can ever fail but if for any reason it seems as if they had failed,then the simple thing to do is to simply SURRENDER to God's PERFECT WILL.Perhaps what you are asking from God is contrary to His perfect will for your life and He knows that granting you the answers to the prayer/praise points will lead you to hell fire.As a shrewd business man who dreads losing His investment (which is you) God will simply not answer your requests if He knows that the result will lead you to eternal damnation.At this point the ignorant will assume that Prayers and Praises had failed.God's Permissive Will means that there is a better plan in the mind of God but we as human beings in our limited wisdom think that we know better and our opinion or desires are far better than what God wants for us.So,God will only allow us to embark on His permissive will if it will just torment us here on earth but not take us away from his presence.
Hence,when prayer/praises seems as if they had failed,the next thing to do is to simply SURRENDER to God.Tell him to do his will and to have his way.
Your will oh Lord be done on earth as it is done in heaven is the next thing to begin to proclaim and profess.
Thank you. Matthew 6:
Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by nke001: 12:00am On Feb 21, 2013
Praises Prayer and fasting are keys given to mankind to unlock anything physically and spiritually, uprooting every 2face around us. Midnight Praises and Prayers!!

Matt 11:12

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Please Help Me Clear My Mind About This Issue / Pastor Ruth Masuruwa Gives Bible To Emmerson Mnangagwa In Zimbabwe (Photo) / God Can Still Do The Impossible Even At The Eleventh Hour (11th Month November)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.