Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,895 members, 7,817,635 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:00 PM

Jonathan Signed An Agreement For One-Term - Aliyu - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Signed An Agreement For One-Term - Aliyu (23418 Views)

Buhari May Spend One Term In Office, ‘president Already Has A Successor In Mind’ / Buhari's One-term Pledge Tears APC Leaders Apart / Governor Hides Jonathan’s One Term Pact Document (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Signed An Agreement For One-Term - Aliyu by Demdem(m): 2:52pm On Feb 16, 2013
eagle,eye:

IF IT WAS YOU, WILL YOU FULFILL IT. Abeg, no dey talk like person wey no go school.

why would he even go into such an agreement in the first place? It shows that the retardeen is simply desperate for power.
Re: Jonathan Signed An Agreement For One-Term - Aliyu by slimfit1(m): 2:52pm On Feb 16, 2013
I just hope they start killing themselves
Re: Jonathan Signed An Agreement For One-Term - Aliyu by vanbonattel: 2:53pm On Feb 16, 2013
PEN_MIGHT: Signing the ABURI agreement and resciding on honouring it was indeed a bad preceedent. Just like the betrayer of the old has only brought disaffection to entire Nigerian cum Biafran,GEJ going back on thisagreement with his cronies then will also disintegrate us further. Who cares about the so called Northern Governor clique? What is of utmost importance is how best GEJ has fared to deserve/otherwise re-election in 2015. Personally, GEJ's personality is shrewded in mysteries and controversies since onset. Even his emergence was far from been clean,just like this revelation now. IF A SOUTH-ESTERNER WILL COMPLETE THE 8 YEARS SO WELL AND GOOD,BUT LET GEJ LEAVE THE STAGE. This is d unwritten agreement he has with the masses.LET HIM HONOUR IT!

GEJ is a saint when compared with collossal failures like IBB an Abacha. OBJ even tried. The north should not rule us again, except in a ceremonial capacity while a southern guy calls the shots. The north aint gat good leaders, historically speaking.
Re: Jonathan Signed An Agreement For One-Term - Aliyu by vanbonattel: 2:54pm On Feb 16, 2013
Demdem:

why would he even go into such an agreement in the first place? It shows that the retardeen is simply desperate for power.

Which Nigerian leader was not desperate for power?

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Signed An Agreement For One-Term - Aliyu by vanbonattel: 2:57pm On Feb 16, 2013
slim fit :
I just hope they start killing themselves

Na today? Why do you think someone introduced Boko H?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Signed An Agreement For One-Term - Aliyu by nas00(m): 2:59pm On Feb 16, 2013
PDP zoning formula was used for the election that brought Yar'Adua/ GEJ in.
I'm curious. Is it that the zoning formula made only provisions for North and South?
Why is the North even dreaming of the presidency in 2015, when the South-East and South-West are still there?

From this alone, it is obvious the northern leaders are not people who stick to agreements.
They already want power back in 2015!!

I don't think that will happen. If they press it too much, I see PDP breaking down from within their own ranks by 2015.
Re: Jonathan Signed An Agreement For One-Term - Aliyu by eagleeye2: 3:03pm On Feb 16, 2013
Demdem:

Desperate for power, YES. But in this particular case the Northern guys should understand that GEJ is better than them at this game called POLITICS.
This was a guy who was among the inner caucus of PDP that signed "power rotation" agreement and never deemed it fit to Honor when it suited him. How on earth do they think that he will honor this particular one.
Moreover, since when did Nigerian politicians start honoring their words.
Re: Jonathan Signed An Agreement For One-Term - Aliyu by Demdem(m): 3:07pm On Feb 16, 2013
van bonattel:

Which Nigerian leader was not desperate for power?

Good to know u admit that the Retardeen is desperate for power grin grin
Lets see how this will enfold in the killer party if he decides not to abide with his agreement. Infact, OBJ publicly told us that he will go for one term after he himself said so.

http://www.primenamesmagazine.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=375%3Anigeria-jonathan-promises-one-term-tenure-&Itemid=17

will this lead to disintegration in the killer party? will retardeen find it easy during the primaries? etc
Time will telll grin grin
Re: Jonathan Signed An Agreement For One-Term - Aliyu by afrikanns: 3:09pm On Feb 16, 2013
9ja_I_hail:

What agreement are you talking about? When will Northerners come to sign agreement with the sout west or east before ruling this country?

Anyone who think GEJ is dull need to have his or her brain checked.

GEJ is nt dull but dumb, infact it is u that needs ur brain to be checked.
Re: Jonathan Signed An Agreement For One-Term - Aliyu by vanbonattel: 3:12pm On Feb 16, 2013
afrikanns:

GEJ is nt dull but dumb, infact it is u that needs ur brain to be checked.

You will find out when you find out grin
Re: Jonathan Signed An Agreement For One-Term - Aliyu by afrikanns: 3:15pm On Feb 16, 2013
I wonder why some people are so gullible and sentimental.having a president that is performing below the expectations of the populace, you suffering and smiling brainless souls still want him for another term. don't think una dey alrite @ all @ all.
Re: Jonathan Signed An Agreement For One-Term - Aliyu by tarryT(m): 3:19pm On Feb 16, 2013
Demdem:

The official madman of NL, how business? As expected u are here to tell us ur father's name.. No need madman, its obvious, ur the fool!sh son of RETARDEEN from the tribe of CLUELESS...hehehehehehe... Go and "fix" this post as expected..
Re: Jonathan Signed An Agreement For One-Term - Aliyu by nuclearboy(m): 3:22pm On Feb 16, 2013
1. What guarantee would there be (if the President doesn't honor the supposed agreement) that after his second term, he wouldn't decide to become a life-president or decide to split the country?

2. Let's say he refuses to honor it, uses his 2 terms and then the north gets it back - what stops them from stating that they too have been cheated and thus insist on 6 four year terms?

3. Is one man's ambition truly worth all the lifes that ambition threatens to cut short?

I tire! Its as if its my turn so I'll eat with all fingers and then when fate (as it placed GEJ on the seat) shifts allegiances, we start crying and gnashing teeth! Its all good to scream now but fate plays cruel tricks at times! What we should seek is the type of honor that ensures Obama is subservient to his party and that body to the interest of its country, not the other way round!
Re: Jonathan Signed An Agreement For One-Term - Aliyu by Demdem(m): 3:23pm On Feb 16, 2013
tarryT: The official madman of NL, how business? As expected u are here to tell us ur father's name.. No need madman, its obvious, ur the fool!sh son of RETARDEEN from the tribe of CLUELESS...hehehehehehe... Go and "fix" this post as expected..

Fool, this thread is about the desperation of the Retardeen which has now been widely acknowledged. It has nothing to do with ur cursed father. Spare us ur rants and face topic biko. grin grin
Re: Jonathan Signed An Agreement For One-Term - Aliyu by afrikanns: 3:26pm On Feb 16, 2013
Demdem:

Jonah begged to let him be; then after Jonah be, he tasted it, and finally want to eat it when he finally found out what the stuff was made up. I bet ya if Jonah is given more 2 terms to rule,under Jonah Nigeria is doomed.
Re: Jonathan Signed An Agreement For One-Term - Aliyu by teskyg: 3:27pm On Feb 16, 2013
GEJ still have two more years to the end of his tenure.Many elected politicians always claimed they will spend one year but after testing power for the first time,they will won't to hold on to power until eternity.Fashola also pleaded for one term.This frog call Aliyu should tell us what he has achieved as a Governor in Niger State before opening his big kpomo mouth to agitate for a blind agreement.Let it be know that even if any agreement exist,it is between The Governors and Gej and not on behalf of Nigerians.Nigerians will decide and Aliyu can not change it.As it is at the moment,its GEJ until 2019.Power will not get back to the North so soon.So let them chill or rather joined the brothers in Niger and Mali.Terrorist
Re: Jonathan Signed An Agreement For One-Term - Aliyu by stainless40: 3:28pm On Feb 16, 2013
alj harem:

grin grin grin grin grin true ! but that is the past. GEJ should honour his agreement
All of them na past. Both aburi accord and GJE one with northerners they are all past non is present. Gowom did it to Ojukwu so also GJE repeated the same to Aliyu and his so call northerns governors forum. Do me i do you man no go vest.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Signed An Agreement For One-Term - Aliyu by Nobody: 3:29pm On Feb 16, 2013
Why will he adhere to d agreement when they made his ''one term'' rigorous for him, the time and resources that could have been used to fulfill his promises were used to settle insecurity issues created by buhari and co.
He still needs anoda bokoharam -free term to prove himself. And lest i forget, dey didnt agree to ABURI accord, a peace accord o that Ojukwu pioneered to avert d war, but d monster called Gowon preferred violence. Agreement my foot

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Signed An Agreement For One-Term - Aliyu by koruji(m): 3:36pm On Feb 16, 2013
GEJ sold his soul to the devil.
So much for all those who were here claiming that GEJ disgraced northerners in PDP.
It is clear that the man instead sold everything out to get elected.

Governor of Niger State Babangida Aliyu has revealed of the existence of an agreement signed between President Goodluck Jonathan and some Northern governors in which Jonathan pledged to do only one term of four years from 2011 to 2015.

The governor said it was on the basis of that agreement that himself and some other Northern Governors, especially those of the ruling Peoples Democratic Party supported the President during the 2011 Presidential election, a decision that majority of the people of the region found offensive.

In an interview he granted Liberty FM which would be aired for the first time tomorrow, Governor Babangida Aliyu who is also the chairman of Northern Governors Forum (NGF) said he and others are with copies of the agreement which Jonathan duly signed, and in which he promised to do only one terms of four years.

The Hausa version of the Governor’s interview is billed to be aired between 11am to 12noon tomorrow while the English version would be on air by 12noon and would be on till 1pm.

The Governor said he and the other signatories of the agreement have no doubt that the President would keep the terms of the agreement. He added that President Jonathan has not told them that he will contest the 2015 Presidential election as is being speculated.
Re: Jonathan Signed An Agreement For One-Term - Aliyu by coolzeal(m): 3:41pm On Feb 16, 2013
last time i checked, Mr president in his constitutional right has the privilege or right to contest for a second term. Mr Aliyu, what we seek for in this country is good governance and nothing more, is that too difficult to ask?
Re: Jonathan Signed An Agreement For One-Term - Aliyu by afrikanns: 3:42pm On Feb 16, 2013
Demdem:

Good to know u admit that the Retardeen is desperate for power grin grin
Lets see how this will enfold in the killer party if he decides not to abide with his agreement. Infact, OBJ publicly told us that he will go for one term after he himself said so.

http://www.primenamesmagazine.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=375%3Anigeria-jonathan-promises-one-term-tenure-&Itemid=17

will this lead to disintegration in the okiller party? will retardeen find it easy during the primaries? etc
Time will telll grin grin
I

Must you be blind with patriotism, with all this posts of yours it shows that you are sentimental and tribalistic ; pls convince me with any tangible achievment under ur brother .
Re: Jonathan Signed An Agreement For One-Term - Aliyu by Demdem(m): 3:45pm On Feb 16, 2013
afrikanns: I

Must you be blind with patriotism, with all this posts of yours it shows that you are sentimental and tribalistic ; pls convince me with any tangible achievment under ur brother .

Whats wrong with that post of mine?
Re: Jonathan Signed An Agreement For One-Term - Aliyu by eastermaris(f): 3:46pm On Feb 16, 2013
alj harem:

grin grin grin grin grin true ! but that is the past. GEJ should honour his agreement

Dis wld also become a tin of d past someday.
Re: Jonathan Signed An Agreement For One-Term - Aliyu by chrisxxx(m): 3:57pm On Feb 16, 2013
Can somebody please help me inform Aliyu that a wise man called Socrates said that in politics lying is allowed?
May be Jonathan have read this and he applied it. The stopping of Jonathan should be constitutional and democratically.
Re: Jonathan Signed An Agreement For One-Term - Aliyu by gbengaoa(m): 3:57pm On Feb 16, 2013
[color=#000099][/color]the issue is not an agreement but the common goal of a better nigeria. What I have noticed here is that we all fight for our region and cry about marginalization. Why can't we go for a regional system of government rather than fight about this selfish central government which as dragged us back as a nation.
Re: Jonathan Signed An Agreement For One-Term - Aliyu by Gbawe: 3:58pm On Feb 16, 2013
peruso: One thing you can quickly observe with us in nigeria is that it's very easy to divide us once you throw in the north-south card, or you throw in the religion card, or the ethnic card.
Babanginda aliyu is a politician and as a politician, you can get the other person to play to your tone as long as you hold the right cards. Which is what him and his colleagues did then. This has nothing to do with NORTHERNERS and the so called born to rule theory.

Ok if I may ask is this agreement binding on atiku abubakar, or is it binding on Buhari, how about, Donald duke, or ken nnamani, or Orji Kalu, or fashola. Ok what if ameachi or imoke decides to run for president by 2015 is this so called agreement binding on any of these individuals?

IT'S NOT EVEN BINDING ON ME! Cuz i knw who I would lik to vote for.

This is just a politician to politician thing and its only binding on them not on everyone else . He may choose to keep to the agreement or not, he is a politician.

But in my candid opinion I think this revelation is good, cuz I think it will only lead to more revelations

Thank you. It is indeed a "politician to politician" thing. I tried to point the obvious out, so issues could remain about politics, but some were clearly determined to be emotional and to pitch their tent ethnically . Ultimately, this always relegate common sense to the background and reduce threads like this to a hatefest where the essence of the message is lost to be replaced by crudeness. Is politics not about negotiation anymore? What is wrong with Aliyu saying GEJ signed an agreement with Northern Governors to do one term? Did they not indeed work for GEJ to defeat Atiku at the PDP Primaries?

All those gloating here and invoking the past , because they think GEJ played a fast one, are only being foolish and myopic. You still have to play and take part to win the game. It was in that spirit the Northern Governors worked for GEJ. As you mentioned, how is Aliyu's position binding on Buhari, Ribadu, EL Rufai and others for some to now be emotionally lampooning the North? As you stated , throw ethnicity in there and hate takes care of the rest to ensure intelligent discourse flies out of the window.
Re: Jonathan Signed An Agreement For One-Term - Aliyu by eagleeye2: 3:59pm On Feb 16, 2013
eastermaris:

Dis wld also become a tin of d past someday.

Classical
Re: Jonathan Signed An Agreement For One-Term - Aliyu by Hardfact: 4:00pm On Feb 16, 2013
The story continues . . .
Re: Jonathan Signed An Agreement For One-Term - Aliyu by emmatok(m): 4:15pm On Feb 16, 2013
tomakint:
That was thoughtful of you, and just imagine how life works, and now a Biafran (Goodluck Jonathan) is at the helms of affair in the same country they (northerners) once held sway! Indeed, there is a law of RETRIBUTION cool

So GEJ is now a BIAFRAN.
HAHA HAHA
Re: Jonathan Signed An Agreement For One-Term - Aliyu by vanbonattel: 4:16pm On Feb 16, 2013
koruji: GEJ sold his soul to the devil.
So much for all those who were here claiming that GEJ disgraced northerners in PDP.
It is clear that the man instead sold everything out to get elected.

GEJ is playing Naija politricks, Dog eat dog all the way to its penni.s.
Re: Jonathan Signed An Agreement For One-Term - Aliyu by tinkinjo: 4:17pm On Feb 16, 2013
Some Nigerian politicians will never learn or are programmed to remain stupid. How on earth will you believe in an agreement that is designed to deny somebody his constitutional right.
One 'll really have to be stupid to enter into such an agreement knowing fully well it holds no ground in any court of law.
Re: Jonathan Signed An Agreement For One-Term - Aliyu by Mr9iceGuy(m): 4:18pm On Feb 16, 2013
Personal Republic Of Nigeria....... Shuuuu 4the north. Ursu rakwaaa otu nne unu one by one. GEJ infact go for not only second term but 3rd term as well. Its between u and 170m nigerians and not the oligarchic modafuckers call Aliyu n cohorts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Amosun Rewards Street Sweeper, Traffic Officer & Others With 2 Bedroom Flat / Sowore And Banky W Meet (pictures) / Buhari Receives GLO CAF Platinum Award For Good Leadership

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.