Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,785 members, 7,817,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:51 AM

Who Should APC Select As Their Presidential Candidate - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Should APC Select As Their Presidential Candidate (17198 Views)

I Begged Tinubu And Akande To Make Buhari Their Presidential Candidate-Dasuki / Igbo Will Not Defer Their Presidential Ambition After GEJ - Iwuanyanwu / Why Are Ijaw/SE So Fixated On Who APC Chooses As Their Presidential Candidate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Should APC Select As Their Presidential Candidate by motif8(m): 6:24pm On Feb 21, 2013
doncartel:
A fundamentalist would not pick a christian pastor as his running mate in 2011.PDP cant find anything to reduce Buhari's good name[ie corruption] so they keep fabricating lies and propaganda about his religious beliefs whereas he is actually a very moderate and peace-loving person

who is a peace loving person? is it the person that lost election and the whole of north went up in flame and up till date they have no solution to it, keep decieving urself. the only thing is that no one should be allowed to islamise this country because me i dont want to squatch like woman to urinate. joke apart did u know how many people went to jail for traveling out of the country without Buhari aproval? ask some emirs they were beneficiary to buhari's discipline
Re: Who Should APC Select As Their Presidential Candidate by akings100: 6:25pm On Feb 21, 2013
If Goodluck decided to contest again, the APC can bring Gen Marwa nd Tunde Bakare. Gen Marwa with the assistance of Buhari will deliver the North, Tunde Bakare will deliver SW. Ngige can view for Senate President nd speaker can go to Niger Delta or Middle belt.

2 Likes

Re: Who Should APC Select As Their Presidential Candidate by talk2s(m): 6:30pm On Feb 21, 2013
Gistben: They should beg Donald Duke to cross capet n deliver dem as presido.........coment more later

True talk!
Either Donald Duke or Obong Victor Attah.
Re: Who Should APC Select As Their Presidential Candidate by digospel2: 6:52pm On Feb 21, 2013
Those canvassing for Buhari, when will Ndigbo turn come? now or never !
Wait.oooh, me self I fit be presido
Re: Who Should APC Select As Their Presidential Candidate by apalemighty(m): 6:58pm On Feb 21, 2013
Joeblis: Apc should never make the mistake feilding in an hausa man if they wana make the election a tough one for PDP, cause its definetly be a waste of time..you dnt expect an ibo man to vote for aboki when GEJ is there and am 100% sure the ibo side will vote for GEJ when APC feild in an hausa candidate..so i think APC should either go for yoruba or ibo.
My oppinion..

G. Are u sure u are in 9ja? Abeg I no want mke 9ja scatter oh!
Re: Who Should APC Select As Their Presidential Candidate by Nobody: 7:12pm On Feb 21, 2013
Foxy_Rebirth: [size=50pt]CAN SOMEONE PLEASE "LIKE" MY COMMENT FOR NO REASON?!?! --->[/size]
cheesy

Re: Who Should APC Select As Their Presidential Candidate by Nobody: 7:49pm On Feb 21, 2013
KAMANDA for President

BEREM for Veepee

MUSIWA for Senate President

Re: Who Should APC Select As Their Presidential Candidate by Ahmedie25(m): 7:50pm On Feb 21, 2013
Foxy_Rebirth: [size=50pt]CAN SOMEONE PLEASE "LIKE" MY COMMENT FOR NO REASON?!?! --->[/size]
i hate nairaland 4 this,anytime they are discussing reasonable kids wil b disturbing
Re: Who Should APC Select As Their Presidential Candidate by Ferdinandu(m): 8:43pm On Feb 21, 2013
Gen Sani Abacha For President
MKO Abiola For Vice President
or they should forget Aso Rock Till 2019 No Vacancy Yet.Disgruntled Elements no opportunity!!
Re: Who Should APC Select As Their Presidential Candidate by Nobody: 9:37pm On Feb 21, 2013
doncartel: Muhammadu Buhari for President and Rochas Okorocha for Vice-President.Buhari will deliver the North while Rochas will deliver the South-East and some parts of the South-South.After the election,Yoruba will be given the Senate President while Niger-Delta will produce the Speaker.Looks perfect to me.Bear in mind that ethnic and religious sentiments can easily crash the whole APC alliance.Such sentiments are highly sensitive isuues here in Nigeria.Am very sure PDP would explore all angles to sabotage the alliance
I personally believe Buhari/Fashola will be the best APC can field, but one thing is PDP in collaboration with Oritsejafor lead C.A.N will likely capitalize heavily against that in the name of "muslim-muslim" ticket.But it still remains the most realistic suggested so far, for the following reasons:
1. APC is "primarily" an alliance of the north and the southwest, (look at what is happening in APGA)therefore any arrangement that will exclude candidates from these two zones as president/vp will do the merger a heavy blow.
2. In the north Buhari still remains not only the most competent but also the most popular politician. When you field people like Sanusi/El-Rufai/Ribadu/Tambuwal e.t.c they will hardly win their local governments let alone their states, talk-less of the northern region.
3. A Buhari/Rochas ticket will be somewhat "suicidal" for the party because that will not sell well in the southwest. Besides we all know that Rochas cannot deliver his southeast zone, highest he can do is his imo state. But with Fashola or Tinubu as vp it is almost certain the southwest may massively vote for the alliance.
4. With Buhari/Fashola, APC will likely win 4 out of the 6 zones i.e NW, NE, NC & SW.
Just my thoughts.

3 Likes

Re: Who Should APC Select As Their Presidential Candidate by thirdeye(m): 9:54pm On Feb 21, 2013
Oshiomole-President
Godswill-Veepee.
Re: Who Should APC Select As Their Presidential Candidate by DaWizard47: 10:10pm On Feb 21, 2013
Ahmedie25: i hate nairaland 4 this,anytime they are discussing reasonable kids wil b disturbing

Read between the lines
Re: Who Should APC Select As Their Presidential Candidate by xcuggsm(m): 11:00pm On Feb 21, 2013
Nigeria needs a strict leader like Buhari to restore discipline and sanity to the political system. Buhari is the only man with the will and character to tackle head on and demolish the cabals and the corrupt politicians that have held the country to ransome all these years.
The choice of VP will require someone with guts to take on the front man job that Buhari will pass on to him (remember Idiagbor). This is where I think Fashola might not fit in as he is someone that function within the confines of group action and would not stick out his neck in affirmative action when it is called for.
Rochas Okorocha will be a better fit for Buhari As he is a man that faces a course of action and pursues it with total commitment without looking back to see who is clapping for him or booing.
Fashola can be the minister for works to continue the construction work he started with Lagos state!

1 Like

Re: Who Should APC Select As Their Presidential Candidate by doncartel: 3:41am On Feb 22, 2013
Zarian5:
I personally believe Buhari/Fashola will be the best APC can field, but one thing is PDP in collaboration with Oritsejafor lead C.A.N will likely capitalize heavily against that in the name of "muslim-muslim" ticket.But it still remains the most realistic suggested so far, for the following reasons:
1. APC is "primarily" an alliance of the north and the southwest, (look at what is happening in APGA)therefore any arrangement that will exclude candidates from these two zones as president/vp will do the merger a heavy blow.
2. In the north Buhari still remains not only the most competent but also the most popular politician. When you field people like Sanusi/El-Rufai/Ribadu/Tambuwal e.t.c they will hardly win their local governments let alone their states, talk-less of the northern region.
3. A Buhari/Rochas ticket will be somewhat "suicidal" for the party because that will not sell well in the southwest. Besides we all know that Rochas cannot deliver his southeast zone, highest he can do is his imo state. But with Fashola or Tinubu as vp it is almost certain the southwest may massively vote for the alliance.
4. With Buhari/Fashola, APC will likely win 4 out of the 6 zones i.e NW, NE, NC & SW.
Just my thoughts.
South-West will vote overwhelmingly for APC not regarding that a Yoruba man is not on the ticket.They vacated the presidential office just the other day and besides,there is also no Yoruba guy on the PDP ticket.The idea of Rochas is simply to gain votes in the South-East and South-South because those zones would vote massively for PDP if they have nobody on the ticket.The Ibos particularly feel marginalized and to them Jonathan is closer to home than a North/Yoruba ticket.I just hope that the APC will make the right choice in order to win the elections.If they present clowns and jokers or go into internal confusion like CPC who were expected to clear the North in 2011 but only got one state because of internal factors,then they would have themselves to blame

1 Like

Re: Who Should APC Select As Their Presidential Candidate by faraday77(m): 6:56am On Feb 22, 2013
President Mohammadu Buhari
vice/P Babatunde fashola
senate Rochas Okorocha

Note here that Buhari has a penchant for a tunde as his vice.........so let it be.
Re: Who Should APC Select As Their Presidential Candidate by Nobody: 8:51am On Feb 22, 2013
Tunjman: Must we have federal character in everything we do as a nation?

Where is the Nigeria of 1993 where majority voted for Abiola and kingibe regardless of their tribes?

my brother I tire ooooo. This federal character thing is wot will bring naija to the grave soonest. If an hausa man is the beat candidate or even an ibibio man y dont we just support and get the thieves that ate there out of office. This Federal xracter tin is the bane of naijas development
Re: Who Should APC Select As Their Presidential Candidate by emmasege: 9:01am On Feb 22, 2013
He probably did that so as to erase the impression people had about him of being a fundamentalist. If it wasn't about trying to cover up the obvious, he shouldn't have gone for a Pastor who may not even win his own ward in abeokuta.
doncartel:
A fundamentalist would not pick a christian pastor as his running mate in 2011.PDP cant find anything to reduce Buhari's good name[ie corruption] so they keep fabricating lies and propaganda about his religious beliefs whereas he is actually a very moderate and peace-loving person
Re: Who Should APC Select As Their Presidential Candidate by eldoradoxx: 9:18am On Feb 22, 2013
Opposition should forget 2015 and work for 2019. Buhari cannot win anywhere in most states of the south where all u need to scare them from voting him is to raise Islamic fundamentalism and use boko haram terror campaign to further drive home your point, its all politics, u use whatever u ve got to win election. Ribadu has no single political, base same as El rufai whose recent statements in social network has drawn bitter enmity from many Nigerians. South East, South South and North Central are sure bankers for PDP. Historically, these zones have never been in opposition. Even the North West and N East will always sway for the ruling party. An hausa fulani man loves power and doesn't like to be left out. Its Yar Adua's death and GEJ's emergence as president that seems to make NorthEast n North west shaky and battle ground for both Pdp and Apc, otherwise these zones are always for any ruling party. Ask the whereabout of Northerners who left PDP for opposition platforms in 211, they all ran back after they lost. South West has historically been opposition hot bed right from the 60's. So it was a surprising anomally that PDP won in 2003, but that error has been reversed now. So APC will likely thrive only in South West eventhough there will be pockets of resistance by people who do not like Tinubu's dominance there, it will split votes with PDP in North West and North East should PDP field GEJ/ Non Hausa Fulani as its candidate, howevere having a solid base in ,North Central, South East and South South will assure it of a block vote and victory come 2015. So , no matter who APC brings as its candidate, odds stil favours PDP in 2015.

1 Like

Re: Who Should APC Select As Their Presidential Candidate by stint(m): 9:38am On Feb 22, 2013
tutudex: my brother I tire ooooo. This federal character thing is wot will bring naija to the grave soonest. If an hausa man is the beat candidate or even an ibibio man y dont we just support and get the thieves that ate there out of office. This Federal xracter tin is the bane of naijas development
try explaining this to the average hausa man in kano. even though i used to be a huge fan of buhari until the post election crisis he inspired, i would still agree to a buhari ,rochas ticket . buhari to appease the north and rochas to help the SE Forget about GEJ . they may loose the south west but not entirely as there are a lot of yoruba people that can still reason devoid of ethnic sentiments .
Re: Who Should APC Select As Their Presidential Candidate by badesco(m): 11:44am On Feb 22, 2013
Billyonaire: Politics is not ethno-religious representation. None of the names you mentioned there is qualified to be my President. APC should field any of the following as Presidential Candidate:
1. Barth Nnaji
2. Sanusi Lamido Sanusi
3. Okonjo Iwealla
4. BabaTunde Raji Fashola
5. Adams Oshiomole
6. Pat Utomi
7. Mallam Ribadu
8. Donald Duke
9. Alhaji Aliko Dangote

If any of these persons are fielded as Presidential Candidate of the APC, I will form a 40 iPad crew and campaign for them. But that has to be from 2019, cos Aso Rock will not be vacant till then.

May be you have forgotten that Nuhu Ribadu was fielded by ACN and what happen? He failed woefully.

1 Like

Re: Who Should APC Select As Their Presidential Candidate by badesco(m): 12:10pm On Feb 22, 2013
They are birds of strange fellows, so i do not expect them to agree on any candidate. Their purported merger will not work.
Re: Who Should APC Select As Their Presidential Candidate by moffat(m): 2:51pm On Feb 22, 2013
i prefer Atiku/Tinubu is good for APC
Re: Who Should APC Select As Their Presidential Candidate by Pk001(m): 4:03pm On Feb 22, 2013
People are still mentioning Buhari here.

Dead on Arrival!
Re: Who Should APC Select As Their Presidential Candidate by nkemKalu: 11:39am On Feb 26, 2013
drexx: If I may ask, why was Jesus presido and Mohammed vice. I don't want to believe that it is to show superiority. Anyway my take on APC presidential candidacy is that APC should not bring a candidate who has in anyway contributed in plunging Nigeria to where we are today. That automatically relegates Buhari, El Rufai, Ribadu to the back burner bringing revolutionary leaders like Fashola, Oshiomole, Akpabio, Okorocha to the fore. Believe me Nigerians are wiser now. They would rather prefer a weak and clueless Johnathan to those recycled thieves gallivanting all over the place.
AKPABIO IS PDP...AND IS BUSY THROWING PUNCHES AT AMAECHI OVER GOODLUCK JONATHAN.....AND THATS SIMPLY WHERE HIS AMBITION FOR 2015 ENDS......AND WHO TOLD U NIGERIANS WILL PREFER A CLUELESS JONATHAN?
Re: Who Should APC Select As Their Presidential Candidate by decency4val: 6:39pm On Aug 06, 2013
APC is not the solution to the problem in Nigeria. Our problem is riligious and tribal difference. APC is a northern party and was formed for a selfish reason.
Re: Who Should APC Select As Their Presidential Candidate by kunle4toyeyaho: 9:58pm On Aug 06, 2013
alkadriyar:

yeah Rochas would hav been d right choice as d vice, but he seems to be a disease in any party he joins. He's too ambitious and desperate.
For me i belive Prof. Pat Utomi who is already in d party can handle dat Position.
How is he ambitious and desperate?he has the right to contest 4 any political office of his choice.Pat utomi is light weighted politically.stop crucifying rochas,he is the only igbo man that is close to becoming Nigerian president.I am a yoruba man,but I like this guy called rochas.

1 Like

Re: Who Should APC Select As Their Presidential Candidate by dontecrosofiso(m): 8:02am On Aug 07, 2013
vicade: Fashola for Presidential Candidate and Nasir El Rufai for Deputy.
my main problem with some naija is,how can you deceive yourself with this kind of names as president and vice?do you think the christian will fold their hands or to vote for muslim president and muslim vice?dont even start saying we should not be putting relegion as based in nigerian politics,can the muslims accept christian president and christian vice no matter how they will perform?Therefore,better go and rethink,because it will never happen in nigeria again.this is the main reason why some christians will never vote for BUHARI for his hatred against christians during his military ruling which he pick a fellow muslim to be his vice in the name of INDEGBON.so brother wise up it can never happen cos CAN with Ayo-oristejafor will battle it or JNI too will fight against it for the betterness of muslims umma.
Re: Who Should APC Select As Their Presidential Candidate by dontecrosofiso(m): 8:10am On Aug 07, 2013
eldoradoxx: Opposition should forget 2015 and work for 2019. Buhari cannot win anywhere in most states of the south where all u need to scare them from voting him is to raise Islamic fundamentalism and use boko haram terror campaign to further drive home your point, its all politics, u use whatever u ve got to win election. Ribadu has no single political, base same as El rufai whose recent statements in social network has drawn bitter enmity from many Nigerians. South East, South South and North Central are sure bankers for PDP. Historically, these zones have never been in opposition. Even the North West and N East will always sway for the ruling party. An hausa fulani man loves power and doesn't like to be left out. Its Yar Adua's death and GEJ's emergence as president that seems to make NorthEast n North west shaky and battle ground for both Pdp and Apc, otherwise these zones are always for any ruling party. Ask the whereabout of Northerners who left PDP for opposition platforms in 211, they all ran back after they lost. South West has historically been opposition hot bed right from the 60's. So it was a surprising anomally that PDP won in 2003, but that error has been reversed now. So APC will likely thrive only in South West eventhough there will be pockets of resistance by people who do not like Tinubu's dominance there, it will split votes with PDP in North West and North East should PDP field GEJ/ Non Hausa Fulani as its candidate, howevere having a solid base in ,North Central, South East and South South will assure it of a block vote and victory come 2015. So , no matter who APC brings as its candidate, odds stil favours PDP in 2015.
kai chairman,are you a journalist?because you have said the truth and nothing but the truth,we in the north central will and can never vote for any opposition whether you are a muslim or a christian as long as you will put your vice christian or muslim.therefore this APC should forget winning our region cos our vote is for PDP.
Re: Who Should APC Select As Their Presidential Candidate by doncartel: 10:40am On Aug 07, 2013
Congrats 2 Apc on the registration, time to rescue Nigeria from the Pdp locusts. Up Buhari and Rochas for President and Vice-President respectively

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FG Doubts Sanusi’s Withdrawal Of Suspension Suit / Ngige , Ifeanyi Ubah , Peter Obi & Others At Bishop Okeke's Birthday - Pictures / UNICEF Doctor, 4 Nigerian Soldiers, 3 Aid Workers Killed By Boko Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.